From Austin to Houston, home sellers across Texas are saving thousands on the 6% real estate agent commission. The best discount real estate brokers use cutting-edge technology and stellar customer service making it easy to sell your home in Texas.
👉🏻 Key Takeaways
- Discount real estate brokers will help you list your home for 0.5% to 2% commission. Traditional listing brokers charge 2.5-3%.
- The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission, typically 2.5-3%.
- Discount real estate brokers will save you between $5,000 to $20,000 on average.
- Houzeo.com is America’s best discount real estate company. Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum exposure, commission savings, cutting-edge tech, and stellar customer service.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching discount real estate brokers and compiled our list of the best discount real estate brokers.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Texas
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
|2.||Hometiva||$3,495 Flat Fee||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|3.||Heights Discount Realty||5% Commission||✅||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|4.||Ideal Agent||2% Commission||❌||❌||✅||✅||❌|
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Texas
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $379+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
Houzeo.com is America’s #1 ranked Flat Fee service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze Package is priced at $329+, the Silver package is priced at $399+, and the Gold at $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. Sellers can ask for the full-service Platinum package which costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
Hometiva is a full-service real estate company that helps people to sell their houses at a flat fee of $3,495. Doing so gives Hometiva the chance to help sellers save a large sum of money.
Hometiva for Home Sellers
- $3,495 Flat Fee: This package includes an in-home consultation, staging advice, market analysis, professional photography, a yard sign, bluetooth lockbox, access tp ShowingTime app, and other services. This package is applicable for homes listed up to $500,000.
Hometiva for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: Hometiva offers a buyer rebate to sellers who purchase their next home with the firm.
👉 Our Take: With a flat rate of $3495, Hometive is a great option for home sellers in Texas. However, buyers only get benefits if they have sold a house with them.
🚩 You Should Know: For the homes listed above$500,000, you must pay $3,995 to cover additional costs.
Hometiva helps sellers save a large sum of money. You have the following advantages if you sell with them.
- Market Exposure: Your property features in real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Agent Management: One agent is assigned from the listing to the closing. This ensures multiple people are not involved, and the seller gets the utmost attention throughout the process.
- Good Customer Reviews: Brandon Carrington and his team have received over 250 5-star reviews. They are known to have excellent communication skills.
In our research, we found some red flags associated with Hometiva.
- Limited Coverage: Hometiva is only available in a few Texas cities including Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Plano, Prosper, Celina, Dallas, and surrounding areas.
- Single Flat Fee Package: They offer only 1 flat rate package at $3,495. Moreover, there is no room for customization.
Hometiva has a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from 117 reviews on Google.
Hometiva has excellent customer reviews. The whole process, from listing to closing, is managed by a single agent. This ensures that you receive undivided attention during the transaction.
Hometiva is available only in a few Texas cities. Moreover, their flat fee package is suitable only for high-priced homes.
3. Heights Discount Realty
Heights Discount Realty is a full-service real estate company that helps people to sell their houses at a 5% commission. This also includes the buyer’s agent fee.
For Home Sellers
- 5% Commission: It includes an MLS listing, a yard sign, and scheduling showings. You also get a CMA report, professional photography, a dedicated website for your home’s listing, a listing on Listing on Zillow, Trulia, and Homes.com, and more.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate of 1% along with services like locating properties, contract negotiation, order inspection, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: As a seller, your savings may not be as substantial as they appear. However, with a 1% buyer rebate and agent services, Heights Discount Realty is a great option for buyers.
Heights Discount Realty is a decent option to list your home in Texas. The company offers the following benefits:
- Market Exposure: Your home gets listed on popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Homes.com.
- Agent Management: One agent is assigned from the beginning to the closing. This ensures multiple people are not involved, and the seller gets the utmost attention throughout the process.
- Listing Booster: You get your own listing website. This website features a built-in virtual tour, nearby places of interest, a property video, maps, and more.
Our research found some deal breakers associated with Heights Discount Realty.
- Fewer Savings: You will only save 1% commission. Many discount brokers and Flat Fee MLS companies offer the same services in affordable packages.
Heights Discount Realty has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from 62 reviews on Google.
Heights Discount Realty is a decent option for your real estate needs. You will have your own listing website. This website includes a virtual tour, surrounding points of interest, a property film, maps, and other features.
The overall discount is only 1%. You can maximize your savings by using other cheap brokers or Flat Fee listing sites.
4. Ideal Agent
Ideal Agent is among the top discount brokerages. It is an agent matching service that specializes in home selling.
- Full Service – 2% Commission: The full-service package will get you all the services from start to end. This includes professional photos, negotiation, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: Ideal Agent is a good choice for home sellers. Although their overall online reviews are good, they are often inconsistent while matching agents with clients. They have no services for home buyers.
» What is Ideal Agent: Check out our reviews of Ideal Agent to know more about them.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that helps sellers find low commission real estate agents.
- Agent Matching: They claim that you will be matched with an agent from the top 1% producers in your locality.
- Pre-Negotiated Commission: Ideal Agent has pre-negotiated the commission with their agents. This allows sellers to focus on the other aspects of the transaction.
- Profit Maximization: Your agent will leverage the best features of your house and help maximize your sale profits.
- Dedicated Concierge: Their agents guide you in every step of the transaction from marketing, to negotiation assistance, and closing.
» How does Ideal Agent work: Here is a detailed explanation about them. Check it out!!
Ideal Agent has some drawbacks we came across in our research.
- Low Savings: Ideal Agent charges more than most low-commission companies, compromising your savings. You will be paying a total commission of 4.5% – 5% even with discounted listing fees.
- Additional Referral Fees: Ideal agent fees includes a 25% referral fee from real estate agents after successful transactions. Since you pay the agent, these fees are essentially going from your pocket.
- Outdated Technology: Their agent matching algorithm is inconsistent. Several customers complain about being assigned sub-par agents.
- No Buyer Support: Ideal Agent isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
Ideal Agent is an agent matching service that bridges sellers and buyers with licensed real estate agents in their locality.
They offer a dedicated concierge but have weak technology. Customers who have worked with them prior have complained about hidden charges as well.
- Listing Fee: 2.5% of the sale price (or as decided by agent)
- Available in all major cities
- 4.7/5 (56 reviews)
UpNest is an innovative real estate marketplace that connects home sellers and buyers with agents in their area.
- Pricing: There’s no direct cost to using UpNest, but the savings are marginal. UpNest agents decide their commission fees. The discount rate varies.
👉 Out Take: We do not recommend Upnest for home sellers or buyers. UpNest’s network is reliable and quick, but savings aren’t guaranteed. You might end up paying more than you had expected.
» Is UpNest Legit? Find out if UpNest is legit!
Here are some advantages of using Upnest. No Obligation Service
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours timeline after signing up, UpNest will send you multiple agents you can choose from. If nothing fits, you can simply walk away.
- High-quality Agent Network: UpNest partners with top agents from leading national brokerage firms across the U.S. All agent matches remain unbiased, based on your criteria and preferences.
- User-friendly Dashboard: UpNest’s customer dashboard is intuitive and makes it easy to compare agent matches. It also features options to contact the matched agents or your UpNest Advisor with a single click.
» What is UpNest? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
In our research, we found some red flags associated with UpNest.
- Marginal Savings: The commission rates aren’t pre-defined. The negotiation ultimately relies on you. Past sellers have claimed that the lowest listing fee is 2% which is quite high.
- Inconsistent Customer Service: Customers have revealed that some UpNest representatives are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. However, rest of them struggle to answer simple questions.
» How Does Upnest Work? Agent-matching at UpNest is pretty straightforward. Check it out!
UpNest connects you with agents in your area by utilizing technology and market data. They partner with top agents from leading national brokerage firms across the U.S.
However, your savings are not guaranteed. Your ability to negotiate would be the key factor in the deal. In other words, you may end up paying more commission, or discount rates won’t go low as you expected.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate Reviews: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, Hometiva offers a buyer rebate of 0.5% to clients who sell and buy with Hometiva within 1 year.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Discount Realtor Near Me
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in San Antonio, TX: San Antonio, TX discount Realtors charge a fee of 1% to 1.5%. To make an informed selection, look into their listing costs, services offered, coverage, and technology.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Georgetown, TX: Discount brokers in Georgetown will list and sell your home for 1% to 1.5% commission. Some of the companies also offer buyer rebates.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Dallas, TX: Discount real estate agents in Dallas offer buyer as well as seller services. You may save thousands by selling your house for a fee of 1% to 2.5%.
- Discount Realtors in Houston, TX: Discount listing agents in Houston are a great option if you want to sell your home at discounted rates.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Austin, TX: If you are looking to sell a house, discount real estate companies in Austin, can help you get the best price for your home.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Texas
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Texas.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Texas companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Austin and other Texas markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Texas.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Texas make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Texas and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Texas: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites in Texas. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Texas: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who pays Realtor fees in Texas?
Generally, it is the seller who pays the realtor fees for both the seller and the buyer agent. However, there are no laws that mandate this.
2. Are Realtor fees negotiable in Texas?
Yes! Realtor fees are negotiable in Texas. So, it's a good idea to look around and try to get a lower rate.
3. What percentage do most Realtors charge in Texas?
Most Realtors charge 6% in Texas. But this number can be anywhere from 5 percent to 7 percent.
4. Who pays the closing costs in Texas?
The seller pays the closing costs in Texas.
Related: realtor discounts in texas, discount brokerage real estate in texas, discount real in texas, discount real estate in texas, discounted real estate brokers in texas, cheap brokers in texas, discount broker real estate in texas, brokers with lowest fees in texas, cheap real estate brokers in texas, discount real estate companies in texas, discount real estate service sin texas , real estate discount in texas, realestate discount in texas, compare discount brokers in texas, discount brokerage companies in texas, discount real estate commission in texas, discount real estate listing in texas