» Jump to: Rankings | Reviews: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services | Hidden Fees | What is Flat Fee MLS? | Is Flat Fee MLS Legal? | Cost of FSBO MLS Listing | Alternatives to flat fee MLS companies | FAQs
The U.S. real estate market is finally cooling off. But home prices nationwide were up 10.9% year-over-year in June 2022. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions.
That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save at least $21,000 in average real estate agent commissions! Here’s our list of the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in America.
Rankings: America’s 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
The table below lists and compares America’s best low-cost MLS listing services on the most important considerations for a home seller.
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||5-Star Reviews||100% Online||Offers Directly to You||Offer Management||Mobile App|
|7. Flat Fee Group|
Reviews: America’s 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars (3,686 total reviews) on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
beycome has the 2nd best technology, after Houzeo.com. It also has decent reviews, so you know that the customer service is good.
Packages: Beycome offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages.
- Basic Package – $99: This package allows maximum pictures on the MLS and unlimited changes to your listing. You get free legal forms and disclosures, a free open house scheduler, and a tool to manage home visits.
- Enhanced Package – $399: With all the features of the Basic Package, this package includes a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, and brochures, and one key lockbox. Additionally, you also get the option to add a virtual tour video to your listing.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package.
🚩 You Should Know: The $99 package requires a mandatory $25 cancelation fee. The virtual full-service package has a 1% commission, which according to us is very high.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. However, their reviews are only decent and they have limited coverage. You are better off with Houzeo since they have near-nationwide coverage and stellar customer reviews.
» beycome Reviews: Read our in-depth review on beycome.
- You can easily switch to a full-service package.
- You can set up a free web page along with listing your property on the MLS.
- Their packages are expensive.
- You will rely on what the agents bring you, buyers.
- No “search homes” feature for buyers.
- Only one flat fee MLS listing package; the other two are full-service options and are priced higher.
- The MLS package allows only a few photos and a few changes to your property listing.
beycome has 4.5 out of 5 stars (338 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google.
beycome covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Alabama, Connecticut, Minnesota, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS Companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia
- Flat Fee MLS Illinois: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Illinois
- Flat Fee MLS Alabama: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alabama
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
- Flat Fee MLS Minnesota: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Minnesota
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina
Homecoin is a tech-centric, Flat-Fee MLS platform registered in San Diego, California and now offers its services in 9 other states. Homecoin lures home sellers with its “affordable” FSBO listing. They provide a clunky online dashboard that makes complex FSBO listing paperwork more difficult.
Package: Homecoin offers 1 Flat Fee MLS listing package.
- Basic Package – $95 + a la carte charges: This package includes a listing term of 12 months with 10 free listing changes. You get to upload the maximum number of photos. Additionally, you get free calls and email forwarding. Homecoin has inflated the rates of for-sale yard signs, a $49 sign is sold at $97.
🚩 You Should Know: Homecoin charges additional fees during the FSBO transaction, and these hidden fees range from $450 to $2,999.
👉 Our Take: Selling your home with Homecoin can be quite expensive as they charge a hefty amount for extra services.
» Homecoin Reviews: Is the $95 listing fee too good to be true?
- 100% online
- FSBO listing
- Extra charges for state disclosures
- Hidden fees
Homecoin has 4.7 out of 5 stars (44 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google.
Homecoin covers multiple states and offers the following services:
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California.
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida.
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia.
- Flat Fee MLS Michigan: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Michigan.
- Flat Fee MLS Missouri: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Missouri.
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York.
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS Tennessee: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Tennessee.
- Flat Fee MLS Virginia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia.
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
Packages: FSBO.com has 2 cost-effective packages that sellers can benefit from.
- $99.95 Package: Includes a listing term of 6 months. Property listed on FSBO.com and Redfin only. Additional items like yard signs or any other extras are chargeable.
- $399.95 Package: Listing term of 6 Months with up to 20 photos. Listing syndicated to realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & many more. Additional services like CSS showing service, E-lockbox rental, maximum photos in the MLS, and yard signs are chargeable.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Adding a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! If the seller wishes to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then they have to pay $75 and $150 respectively. To add maximum photos or get a yard sign, they have to pay $50 & $60 respectively.
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com offers pocket-friendly packages but charges high fees for additional services. Houzeo’s packages include various benefits with no additional fees.
» FSBO.com Reviews: You NEED to read these reviews.
- You can upload 1 video in the basic $99 package.
- No hidden fees.
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies.
- Limited a la carte items in their listing package.
No credible sources were found to provide the information.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets.
Fizber.com is the perfect option if you need a flat fee real estate MLS listing agent and are on a tight schedule. When compared with other Flat rate sites, Fizber fairs well.
Packages: Fizber offers 4 packages.
- Package 1: The first is a free package that offers only Fizber listing with maximum photos.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: This package offers Featured Listing, Open House Manage, Listing on Redfin.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: This package includes everything from the $95 package and additionally offers MLS Listing.
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: This package is the same as the $270 package with an option to add more photos.
👉 Our Take: For the services offered, Fizber packages are expensive. You can get much better services at an affordable rate with other companies like Houzeo.
🚩 You Should Know: For the $270 and $295 packages, a 0.5% success fee is charged at closing. (Applicable in CO, ND, SD, WY)
» Fizber Reviews: The Truth Behind its Free Listing!
- Access to MLS
- Local broker referral
- No control over selling since it is an offline process
- Slow listing process (2-4 days)
- No mobile app or advanced features
- Manual listing updates
- Unpredictable broker quality
Fizber.com has a respectable 4.2 out of 5 stars (95 reviews) on popular review site Trustpilot.
Fizber gives you a nation-wide coverage.
6. List With Freedom
List With Freedom has affordable listing packages but does not disclose all its costs upfront.
Packages: They provide four packages which range from $89- $295.
- Silver Package – $89: This package offers local MLS Listing with an option to upload only 1 photo.
- Gold Package – $149: This package has everything from the $89 Silver Package plus an option to upload 6 photos.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and there is no restriction on the number of photos.
🚩 You Should Know: List With Freedom charges a 0.25% fee at closing. They do not disclose this fee upfront on their “Pricing” page. They also charge extra for Comparative Marketing Analysis (CMA) and Transaction Management.
👉 Our Take: If you are an experienced seller, selling with List With Freedom would be ideal. But if you are a beginner, Houzeo’s powerful transaction management system, DigiTransact, provides you with a hassle-free selling experience.
» List With Freedom Reviews: Does their $295 package include everything that a home seller needs?
- Best for experienced sellers who know what real estate is and how it works.
- No cancellation fee
- A la carte options like showing and open house assistance.
- Only one photo is allowed in the basic package listing.
- No pricing support
- A hidden fee of 0.25%
List With Freedom has 4.4 out of 5 stars (1,692 total reviews) on Trustpilot.
List With Freedom covers 45 out of the 51 states in the US.
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group is an MLS listing service that offers flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
Packages: Flat Fee Group’s packages vary depending on the state. They typically include MLS listing within 48 hrs, phone & email support, and a listing term of 6 months to a year. You do get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, but they are generally expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. The quality of service may not be consistent throughout. For a more trustworthy real estate service, we recommend Houzeo, which has a 5-star rating on major review sites.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group
- Flexible flat fee packages with different services
- No hidden fees
- Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first. This opens the doors to the listed agents calling you every now and then
- No scope of substantial savings as compared to other companies
- Low on tech
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews available.
Flat Fee Group is available nationwide.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on its Pricing page
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Flat Fee MLS: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through a real estate agent to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor.
⚡ How to List on MLS For Sale By Owner: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Do Flat Rate MLS Listings Work?
Yes. 88% of buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent. Therefore, these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already. In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Work?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee MLS Listing service, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the flat fee MLS and other real estate websites.
Subsequently, the buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
Benefits of Flat Fee MLS Listing Service
- Pay less in commission: By listing your home on MLS for flat fee, you skip paying a seller’s agent commission of 2.5% – 3%. With a flat fee service, you’ll typically pay only a few hundred dollars.
- Maximum Exposure: MLS listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites.
- Market to Buyer Agents: The MLS provides a lot of exposure to your property as it can be viewed by buyer agents. According to reports, 75% of home sales involve buyer agents. MLS is the most efficient way to market to buyer agents.
- Sell Faster: As of January 2022, 79% of houses were on the market for less than a month before they were sold. Houses listed on the MLS sell faster.
- Get Cash Offers: Almost all cash buyers scour the MLS for properties. This includes iBuyers, investors, and home flippers. Your home has a chance to attract a cash buyer.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Yes, listing your home on the MLS for flat fee is legal. However, as a seller you need to take care of all the mandatory disclosures and paperwork to avoid legal problems in the future.
How Much Does it Cost to List Your Home on MLS for a Flat Fee?
Flat Fee MLS Listing companies offer multiple listing packages as well as Full Service packages. The price of the basic packages offered by various Flat Fee Listing companies ranges from $200 – $400.
Additionally, these companies also offer full service packages that offer the assistance of a flat fee MLS broker.
Closing Costs for Sellers: Know How to Lower Your Closing Costs
How does Flat Fee MLS work in minimum service states?
In minimum service states, Flat Fee Listing providers are legally bound to offer minimum level of service to clients. If you belong to one of these states, you can expect to pay more for a flat fee MLS provider than you would in states without minimum service laws.
The services provided vary in each state.
Flat Fee MLS vs. Full Service Agents
What is the Best MLS Listing Service?
Houzeo is by far the best MLS listing service for the following reasons.
- Maximum Exposure: Houzeo’s flat-fee service gets your property automatically syndicated to different national portals/brokerages such as Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, Redfin, and hundreds more.
- Fast Listing: With Houzeo, you can expect your listing to be active in just 2 business days. In the states of North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee, listings get activated within 24 hours.
- Save 50% on Commissions and Expenses: With Houzeo, you only pay the flat fee to get listed in the local MLS. There are no hidden costs at closing. Houzeo’s affordable listing plans are packed with tools and needed services to provide you with the best results.
- 100% Online and Automated Listing Experience: Our IntelliList Listing Management System is a user-friendly feature that helps you manage and update your listing. You can request changes online. The newly launched “counter-offer” feature allows home sellers to directly make a counteroffer on the offers received on their listed home.
- 5 Star Reviews: Our Google and Trustpilot reviews got 4.9 stars overall. More than 96% of home sellers reviewed us as “Excellent”.
- Houzeo Mobile App: Houzeo allows you to do check your listing, assess offers, and search for homes on sale (for buyers), all of this right from your smartphone. You can review and compare offers on your home even when you are on the go!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies
We talked about some of the best flat fee companies in America. But it should be noted that some companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices.
An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing. Some Flat Fee MLS companies might also slap some hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers. However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in America, we suggest you go with these options:
Option 1: Discount Brokers
Discounts brokers are those brokers – companies or individuals – who work at a discounted fee or a flat fee, instead of a 3% standard listing agent commission. Their fee can be as little as 1%. However, do remember that you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent commission which may be around 3%.
Discount real estate brokers in America can be a good alternative for home sellers because they are licensed brokers who will assist you throughout the transaction.
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: Check out our rankings of America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers
Option 2: Sell “For Sale By Owner”
This alternative is suggested only when you have a buyer ready to buy your house. When you don’t have a buyer and you don’t even list on the MLS, you are potentially losing out on 87% of the buyers who are buying through an agent.
Also, agents’ #1 way of finding a fantastic home for their clients is the Multiple Listing Service, the MLS.
If you don’t want to use an MLS, you can rely on social media marketing and sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, or even your yard sign.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: We’ve reviewed the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
Some property owners may find that companies buying houses for cash are a good alternative. They are a good option as they come with a slew of advantages like easy closing process and no inspections or open house requirement. In fact, you don’t even have to make an the effort to clean and repair your house.
Whether you’re a real estate investor or just a regular home seller, selling a home that requires a lot of work can be a hassle. Most of the retail buyers will be unable to acquire your home if it is unsightly or requires extensive modifications. Here’s when cash companies can help you.
However, the primary drawback of selling to a cash home buyer is that you might miss out on the open market competition, which you will only see if you list through a Flat Fee Realtor. There are also chances that you might end up selling your house at a lower price than expected.
⚡ Companies that Buy Houses for Cash : Check out to Find the Best Cash Company in America!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that will buy your home for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours, however, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is many a times way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: We’ve rated the best iBuyers in America!
Tips to Improve Your Flat Fee Listing
With a flat rate MLS “entry-only” listing, you are essentially your own agent.
Here are some tips to help you in your listing process.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Top Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in the US?
Houzeo is the top Flat FEE MLS Listing Service in the U.S. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Do I Need to Offer a 2.5% Buyer Agent Commission?
Technically, no. But I would. Almost 90% of homes in the U.S. sell with a buyer agent involved. To get top dollar for your property, you want to target these agents. So we suggest offering a competitive buyer agent commission. You're saving the 2.5% commission on the listing agent side going the Flat-Fee MLS route anyway. Chances are, offering a competitive buyer agent commission will get you strong offers.
Are Flat Fee Realtors Good?
Some home sellers are skeptical about flat-fee agents because they work for such a low price but a Flat Fee MLS listing service like Houzeo stands out with its excellent services, maximum savings, and praiseworthy customer support.
Can you list on MLS without a real estate agent?
No, only licensed real estate agents have access to the MLS, and that’s why you cannot get on the MLS without a licensed realtor.
Will Agents Contact Me with a Flat Fee MLS Listing?
Yes. Your contact information will be included in the “Showing Instructions” section of your MLS listing. Buyer’s agents will contact you directly if they want to show your home. They may also want you to sign a commission agreement before showing your home to their buyer.
Related Keywords: flat fee listing, flat fee realtors, flat fee mls reviews, flat fee real estate, flat rate realtors, flat fee brokers, mls listing without realtor, flat fee real estate agents, list on mls without realtor, flat fee real estate brokers, mls flat fee listing services, flat fee real estate brokers near me, flat rate real estate listing, flat rate mls service, flat fee mls listing reviews, flat fee mls listing brokers, cheapest flat fee mls, by owner flat fee mls, best flat fee mls broker, list on mls for flat fee, mls listing service flat fee, mls listing flat fee, flat fee realtor near me, flat fee for mls listing