Greensboro home sellers have listed and sold more homes via NC Flat Fee MLS listings so far in 2023 than in any year prior. And they have saved thousands in listing agent commissions, paying just $299 to $399 on average.
But beware! Flat Fee MLS companies also include some shady operators. In the guise of a “Flat Fee” listing, they will sneak in a percentage at closing – costing you thousands of dollars at closing.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in Gate City. Here are our rankings:
Rankings of Flat Fee Greensboro, NC MLS Listings Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. United Brokers||$875||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Carolina Realty Solutions||$99||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Carolina Listing Express||$195||None||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Flat Fee Group||$295||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. List With Freedom||$295||⚠️ 0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. North Carolina Flat Fee MLS||$189||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|8. Homecoin||$95||⚠️ $450||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 8 Best Flat Fee Greensboro NC MLS Listings Companies
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy! Confirm all prices on the state’s pricing page before you list.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo mobile app is also very powerful.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo.com is Greensboro’s #1-ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $349. The Silver package costs $199 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing, and the Gold package costs $299 + 0.5% (Minimum $995) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $95 + 1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
» Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: Check our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in North Carolina.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
2. United Brokers
United Brokers offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and 1 full-service package.
- Basic Package – $99: The package offers a listing term of 3 months with up to 6 photos. Your listing gets syndicated on local MLS like Realtors and other websites.
- Standard Package – $195: The listing period is 6 months with 16 photos on the MLS. Additionally, centralized showing and E-showing services are available with this package.
- Enhanced Package – $295: The package includes a listing term of 12 months with a maximum number of photos allowed on the MLS. The other services are similar to the Standard Package.
- Full-Service Package – $875: With this package, you get to list your home until it gets sold or you withdraw it. This package has exclusive electronic forms for easy completion and a CMA for pricing your home.
- Listing 6-Month Renewal: $100
- DocuSign: $75
- Econo Sign: $45
- Photo Resize 1 – 15: $15
👉 Our Take: United Brokers LTD offers budget-friendly packages for home sellers. They also offer a variety of upgrades.
In terms of value, United Brokers LTD is a good option. Here are some of its advantages.
- Budget-Friendly Packages: Sellers can get basic services for cheaper than many other companies (if you don’t require much additional support from the broker).
- Virtual Tours: By paying a little extra, you can add a virtual tour to your MLS listing.
- Free Listing Cancellation Anytime: If you decide to change your mind to sell your house, you have the option to cancel it at your convenience without a cancellation fee.
In our research, we found no red flags with United Brokers.
United Brokers LTD has 4.9 out of 5 stars from 50+ reviews on Google.
» United Brokers LTD: Check out their reviews on Google.
United Brokers is our #2 ranked flat-fee MLS service in Greensboro. What sets them apart is the managing broker, Steve Toop.
Steve has a stellar reputation within the broker community. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker with over 28 years of experience.
3. Carolina Realty Solutions
Carolina Realty Solutions offers one Flat Fee MLS package and two full-service packages.
- Flat Fee MLS listing Program – $399: Includes 24 photos and a listing term of 6 months (can be extended up to 2 years for free). You also get a lockbox for realtor access, a yard sign, and showing management.
- Full-Service Plan 1 – $549: It offers 100% seller guidance from start to finish. A highly desirable offering.
- Full-Service Plan 2: There is no upfront listing fee for this plan. You will pay 5% of your home sell price at the time of Closing.
👉 Our Take: Carolina Realty Solutions is a real estate brokerage firm with a wide range of services and competitive fees. However, you end up paying a 4% commission fee on closing even on the $549 package. And a 5% commission on closing if you opt for the Full-service Plan 2.
Carolina Realty is a suitable choice for home sellers looking for a local Flat Fee Listing Company.
- Manage House Showings: Carolina Realty gives you access to the ShowingTime app to make managing house showings easy.
- Additional Services Available: Provides you with a yard sign and a lockbox for the buyer’s agent.
- Extend your Listing Term: The seller can extend their listing for up to 2 years without paying extra fees. Although, in a perfect situation your home will sell within a month of listing!
Carolina Realty has a few red flags that can make your selling experience subpar.
- High Commission Fee: You must pay a 4% commission fee on closing even on the $549 package. And a 5% commission on closing if you opt for the Full-service Plan-2.
- No Direct Connect with the Buyer: The website does not allow you to connect with buyers directly. This can lead to miscommunication between you (the seller) and your potential buyer!
- Limited Coverage: Carolina Realty is unavailable throughout South Carolina. They don’t offer services in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, and Cleveland counties. Your listing information will be passed to local real estate brokers which delays your listing time.
No credible reviews were found.
Carolina Realty Solutions’ listing puts your home on the North Carolina MLS to give it the maximum exposure. They offer personalized services at an affordable price.
However, you should know that Carolina Realty is not available throughout Carolina. You may also incur additional costs of up to 4%- 5% over your selected listing package.
4. Carolina Listing Express
CarolinaListingExpress.com offers one Flat Fee MLS package.
- $195 Package: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. They provide you with contract forms, online printable flyers, and a Realtor.com seller’s account. Your MLS listing will be active in 24 hours.
Listing Upgrades: For any upgrade beyond the basic plan you have to purchase them separately. We’ve summarized all below.
- Contract Review with Broker: $299
- Additional photos: $45 (Upto 50 photos)
- Realtors® MLS lockbox: $75
- Full Color “For Sale” sign: $30
- Black and White “For Sale” sign: $20
- Full Color “For Sale” Sign Without Frame: $40
- “For Rent” Sign: $20
👉 Our Take: The company only offers a single package of $195. Though the plan sounds affordable, most services you need to sell your house are additional.
Carolina Listing Express is a local company that provides good service at an affordable price.
- Forwarding of Listing Leads: Carolina Listing Express adds your contact information to their website. Unless you opt out, your contact Information will be posted on the SelectPremiumHomes.com website.
- “Coming Soon” Listing Available: You can list your home in the ‘Coming Soon’ category to let agents and their buyers know your home will be available for showing soon. A buyer can decide to wait for your house after seeing the “Coming Soon” listing instead of buying another one.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers with Carolina Listing Express.
- Expensive Add-Ons: Additional services will cost you around $20 – $299. Sellers need to pay extra charges for uploading more than 6 photos.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $45 if you want to upload more than 6 photos to your listing.
- No Credible Customer Reviews: Carolina Listing Express doesn’t have customer reviews on trustworthy websites like Google, Yelp, and the like.
We found no credible reviews for Carolina Listing Express.
Carolina Listing Express is operated by Select Premium Properties’ principal broker, Stephanie Smith. The company provides a single package for $195 with six photos.
Although the package is affordable, most of the services you need to sell your home are paid for separately. Additionally, they have no credible customer reviews on any trustworthy sites.
5. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3 – 4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Group: Read our in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Group.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Limited Automation: You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. The listing process is manual and time-consuming.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
- No Credible Reviews: Flat Fee Group has no credible reviews on any of the review websites.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on popular sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly.
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee. However, it works with a variety of different flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
In Greensboro, Flat Fee Group’s Basic package is priced at $295, the Showcase package at $395, and the Premium package at $695. Their Full-Service package is priced at $995.
6. List With Freedom
List With Freedom provides 3 packages which range from $149 – $295.
- Gold Package – $149: This package allows listing for 6 months and 6 photo uploads with unlimited changes.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on closing.
👉 Our Take: List With Freedom can be a decent choice for experienced sellers. However, they offer limited services like limited photo allowance and overpriced add-ons.
» What is List With Freedom? Read this to know more about the company.
List With Freedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based out of Florida. Here are some of their best features:
- Cheap Pricing Plans: List With Freedom listings start at $149.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited modifications to any of their packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
» Is List With Freedom Worth It?: Read our in-depth review on List With Freedom
List With Freedom has two major drawbacks you should know about.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing (over your one-time flat fee payment). This closing cost is not mentioned on their pricing page.
- Average Customer Reviews: ListWithFreedom does not enjoy robust customer reviews. Past sellers said that their experience was just average thanks to the lack of pricing and negotiation assistance.
List With Freedom has affordable listing packages that are ideal for an experienced seller. It’s an option for seasoned sellers who have expertise in selling homes on their own.
You only get MLS listings with List with Freedom as they do not provide any pricing or negotiation assistance. If you are new to the real estate market you will need guidance throughout the selling process!
7. North Carolina Flat Fee MLS
North Carolina Flat Fee MLS offers 3 packages to home sellers.
- Seasonal Special MLS Listing – $99: This package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listing is syndicated to Realtor.com and Zillow and other websites. Additionally, you receive all buyer leads.
- Silver MLS Listing – $169: It includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos. The other services are similar to the Seasonal Package.
- Gold MLS Listing – $189: This package lets you upload the maximum number of photos the MLS allows. You also get the benefit of increased syndication.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Gold MLS Listing Package to home sellers. You get to upload maximum photos along with the benefit of increased exposure.
North Carolina Flat Fee MLS offers the following benefits to home sellers.
- Affordable Packages: The packages they offer are cost-effective. Sellers on a tight budget can benefit from these packages.
- Forms And Disclosures: From MLS Listing Agreements to NC state-required property disclosures, everything is included with the packages.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of North Carolina Flat Fee MLS.
- Not 100% Online: The listing process is carried out manually. You need to email the completed forms and photos to the broker. This might delay your listing process.
No reviews from credible sources were found.
With North Carolina Flat Fee MLS, you can list your house on the MLS for as little as $99. All MLS paperwork and disclosures are included with their bundles.
They are, however, not entirely online. Your listing may be delayed.
Homecoin’s single package is designed to lure home sellers to purchase their MLS listing for a small $95 fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: Homecoin will get you listed on the MLS with 25+ photos.
👉 Our Take: Homecoin offers only a single package for listing on the MLS. If you opt for any additional service you end up paying extra.
» Is Homecoin Worth It?: Read this blog to find out.
You should consider these points while choosing them:
- MLS Exposure: A Flat Fee MLS listing via Homecoin will get you on the MLS and in front of thousands of buyers.
- Covers 11 States: Homecoin covers California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
» Pros and Cons of Homecoin: Read our in-depth analysis of Homecoin.
In our research, we found several issues with Homecoin.
- Essentials Are Add-Ons: Homecoin will charge you extra for features like showings management with a lockbox, ability to counter an offer, or request highest & best offer.
- Upgrades are Overpriced: Homecoin’s yard sign is expensive at $69 + $97 (for the post), if you want to manage showings, you have to rent a lockbox for $125 + $120 deposit.
- Key Features are Not Available: Essential features, like inspections and appraisals, are missing in Homecoin’s offerings. Without these, you risk turning-off buyers and buyer agents.
- Limited Customer Service via Phone: Homecoin provides decent customer service over text and email. The service is difficult to reach via phone.
- Dashboard is Clunky: Homecoin does not auto-populate listing data from public sources. Manually filling all the listing data can take alot of time.
Note: Homecoin’s offerings vary by region. Our research was in 28025 zipcode.
Homecoin is a website For Sale By Owner that offers a single MLS listing package, priced at $95. You can avail of their rental lockbox, professional real estate photographs or signposts at additional costs. We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers.
While the $95 flat fee is definitely attractive, the additional features come with a hefty price point. Further, Homecoin’s limited coverage may make it difficult for many Americans to benefit from their MLS access package.
🚩 Beware: Greensboro Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Greensboro Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees make your sale more expensive than anticipated.
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS North Carolina Pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Greensboro Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing in Greensboro is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a flat fee listing Greensboro service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other Greensboro real estate websites. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in Greensboro service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
What to Consider Before Hiring a Greensboro Flat Fee MLS Service?
When selecting a Flat Fee MLS listing service, consider the following factors:
- Savings: Compare the pricing structures of different services to find one that aligns with your budget. Ensure you understand exactly what services are included in the flat fee package and if there are any additional costs.
- MLS Coverage: Verify which MLS databases the flat fee service has access to. Check whether it covers the geographical area where your property is located. Also, ensure the service can list your home in the relevant NC MLS databases.
- Customer Support: Evaluate the level of customer support provided by the Flat Fee MLS service. Check if they offer assistance with inquiries, negotiations, or offer management.
What Do You Get With a Greensboro Flat Fee Listing?
With a Greensboro flat fee listing, you typically receive the service of listing your property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for a one-time fee. This allows your property to be visible to Realtors in North Carolina and potential buyers across the state.
Some Greensboro flat-fee MLS services offer additional marketing tools and resources for an extra fee. This may include staging help, virtual tours, professional photography, and more. These additional tools can help enhance the visibility of your listing.
Who Benefits Most from Greensboro Flat-fee Listing Services?
Greensboro flat fee listing services can be advantageous for a variety of individuals. Here are some examples:
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Sellers: With Greensboro flat fee MLS companies, FSBO sellers may save thousands on NC real estate agent commissions.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors in Greensboro, NC who frequently trade can benefit from Greensboro Flat Fee services.
- Distressed Property Owners: Listing your distressed home on the MLS can attract the attention of real estate investors who look for properties with discounted prices.
How to List on Greensboro MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Greensboro with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing scheduling, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing agreement will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ How to List on MLS by Owner in North Carolina: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
NC Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- North Carolina Sellers’ Disclosures: Some Flat Fee MLS North Carolina companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process.
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in North Carolina: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in North Carolina. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s North Carolina home sale calculator.
Alternatives to Greensboro Flat Fee MLS Companies
Local Flat Fee MLS Greensboro NC companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: North Carolina discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person North Carolina Realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you won’t save much on real estate agent commission, likely paying a full 5% to 6%.
- Sell to iBuyers/Cash Home Buyers: iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes throughout North Carolina. Greensboro cash home buyers make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: FSBO websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in North Carolina and save thousands in listing agent commissions. Many FSBO websites will also list you on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites North Carolina: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a bit of research, you can sell your home with a Greensboro Flat Fee Realtor.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Greensboro. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who offers the best Flat Fee MLS listing service in Greensboro, NC?
Various Flat Fee MLS companies in Greensboro, NC provide unique packages that can help a home seller. Amongst them, Houzeo is a great option for a quick and smooth home sale experience. United Brokers and Carolina Realty Solutions are other good options.
2. Can I list on the MLS without a real estate agent?
Yes, you can list your home on the MLS with a Greensboro Flat Fee MLS listing service, eliminating the listing agent's 3% commission right away!
3. How much does it cost to list your home on Greensboro MLS for a flat fee?
On an average, listing your home on the Greensboro MLS costs around $299 to $399 on average.
4. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Greensboro, NC?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including Greensboro, NC. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
5. What are the potential drawbacks of listing with a Flat Fee Service?
While flat fee MLS listings offer several benefits, there are also potential drawbacks to consider.
1. Hidden Fees
2. Limited Support
3. Limited Coverage
But you're in luck! Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront and has a customer rating of 4.9 out of 5. Additionally, Houzeo has a near nationwide coverage.
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo.