Maryland real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But home prices statewide were up by 8.9% year-over-year in June 2022. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions.
That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save at least $21,000 in average real estate agent commissions! Here are our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS Maryland companies.
Rankings: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Maryland Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. DNK Real Estate||$799||⚠️$500||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Cottage Street Realty||$999||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Net Realty Now||$1299||⚠️$50||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Mr Lister Realty||$650||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. XFlatFeeMLS||$69 - $189||$30 - $3000||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Simple Choice Realty||$749||⚠️$100||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Real People, Real Stories
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Maryland
- 📌In Maryland, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $299, the Silver at $349, the Gold at $429 and the Platinum at $449 + 0.75% at closing.
- Listing Fee: $349+
- Available nationwide
- 4.9/ 5.0 (4,351 reviews)
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. DNK Real Estate
- Listing Fee: $249-$799
- Listing takes 2-3 days
- No credible reviews were found
DNK Real Estate specializes in flat fee MLS listing services in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia.
Packages: They offer 3 Flat Fee MLS packages, a 1% Add-on Listing Service package and a full-service package.
- Basic Package-$249: You can list your property on MLS and Realtor.com for 12 months.
- Deluxe Package-$499: The Deluxe option includes 12 months on MLS, 15 images, Realtor.com listing, Sales Comparables, and Online Printable flyers.
- Premium Package-$799: It comes with a 12-month MLS listing, 25 MLS photographs, a Realtor.com listing, sales comparable, online printable flyers, and a wood post yard sign, all for a reasonable price.
- 1% Add-on Listing Service: You can choose an Add on program to the Flat Fee MLS Listing for 1% of the Sale Price with $2,000 non- refundable fee.
- Full- Service Package: Their Full-Service package charges 5% -6% fee on sales between $1,000,000 and $8,000,000.
👉 Our Take: One of the biggest disadvantages of choosing this Flat Fee MLS listing service is that they will take 2-3 days to list your home on the MLS. If you want to expedite this process then you will have to pay $100 extra. With Houzeo, your listing goes live in a day and sometimes even in 4-8 business hours.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: The listing changes are not free and will cost you $25/change. For a virtual tour you will have to shell out another $250. These charges will eventually cost you a lot more than you had expected.
- Local Flat Fee MLS listing Maryland service provides an advantage to inexperienced home sellers
No credible reviews were found!
DNK Real Estate is licensed in the following states: District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
3. Cottage Street Realty
- Listing Fee: Varies as per state
- Upload up to 150 photos
- 5/5 (9 reviews)
Cottage Street Realty, a part of the Flat Fee Group is an MLS listing service that offers flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
Packages: Cottage Street Realty’s packages vary depending on the state. They typically include MLS listing within 48 hrs, phone & email support, and a listing term of 6 months to a year. You do get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, but they are generally expensive.
👉 Our Take: Cottage Street Realty works on an agent referral model. The quality of service may not be consistent throughout. For a more trustworthy real estate service, we recommend Houzeo, which has a 5-star rating on major review sites.
- All packages are the best fit for inexperienced sellers who want extra guidance
Cottage Street Realty has a (9 total reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews.
Cottage Street Realty is licensed in the following states: District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
4. Net Realty Now
- Listing Fee: $299
- $50 For ShowingTime
- 5/5 (2 reviews)
Net Realty Now LLC is a well-known Flat Fee MLS company that was founded in 1999. Net Realty Now claims to have the best agents with over 33 years of experience in real estate.
Packages: They offer 1 Flat Fee MLS plan and 2 Full Service Plans to choose from.
- Plan 1 – $299: Includes a listing term of 6 months with 150 photos. Listing gets syndicated to 78 other websites. You get a comparable sales report and unlimited text editing changes for your listing. Legal documents are also included with the package.
- Plan 2 – $1299: This package includes all the services of Plan 1 plus seller hosted virtual tours and unlimited consulting services including marketing advice, contract negotiations and complete guidance through the entire selling process.
- Plan 3 – 3%-4% commission: This is a full service plan that includes broker support throughout the selling process. It also includes lockbox, yard sign post and metal panel, professional photos and virtual tours by broker.
Our Take: There is no scope for customization. The full support flat fee plan comes at $1299 that is quite expensive for the services offered. With Houzeo’s 3 Flat Fee listing packages to choose from, you can list and sell your home with ease.
- They let you upload as many as 50 photos in the base package, forward you all the buyer leads, and give you unlimited text editing of your house listing
Net Realty Now has a (2 reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews.
They have flat-fee MLS listing services in Washington, Virginia, Maryland, and New York.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS Companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS District of Columbia: See our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in the District of Columbia
- Flat Fee MLS Maryland: See our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Maryland
- Flat Fee MLS Virginia: See our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Virginia
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Virginia
5. Mr Lister Realty
- Listing Fee: $450-$650
- No Free Changes
- 4.9/5 (116 reviews)
Mr. Lister Realty is a good choice for home sellers who want local exposure for their homes. Their Flat Fee MLS Maryland services include everything a seller requires to promote their property and sell it.
Packages: They offer 2 Flat Fee MLS and 1 full service package
- Basic Plan – $450: Includes a listing term of 1 year with 20 photos. Listing gets syndicated to MLS and various other websites.
- Bestselling Plan – $650: With all the services offered by the Basic Plan, this plan additionally includes a yard sign, 2 free open house announcements, settlement sheet and limited free agent support.
- Discounted Full Service Plan – $999 + 1%: It includes the assistance of an agent to help you with listing price, inspections, appraisals, negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: Although Mr. Lister Realty is a great option for getting exposure on the Maryland MLS, the packages are expensive for the services they offer. If you still want to list with them, we recommend their Bestselling Plan.
- A good option for those inexperienced home sellers as they are in business since 1996
Mr Lister Realty has a (116 total reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews.
Mr. Lister Realty is available across Maryland.
- Listing Fee: $69 – $189 Upfront
- Only 6 photos on MLS
- No credible reviews were found
XFlatFeeMLS offers their services in Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Florida and Georgia.
Packages: They offer 4 Flat Fee MLS packages, the prices of which range from $69 – $139 depending on the state. The listing term varies from 1 month to 1 year. Other services include listing syndication to the local MLS and other websites, printable flyer and Federal and State Disclosure Forms.
👉 Our Take: They provide only basic services with their packages. Their additional services are priced between $30-$3000. However, if you are okay with their hefty add on service charges, then they are a great choice for locals.
🚩 You Should Know: They even have a Deferred Payment Plan, where they charge you $19 for setup and the balance $380 at closing. This Plan has a Termination Fee of $249, if you cancel before the end of the term.
- Best for sellers who are looking for cheap packages
No reviews were found on enough credible websites to provide a positive or negative rating for this company.
Available in Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, and California.
7. Simple Choice Realty
- Listing Fee: $399 to $749
- Upload upto 25+ Photos
- 4.9/5 (88 reviews)
Simple Choice Realty is a Fee MLS listing company that allows you to list on the MLS for an affordable flat fee.
Packages: They offer one Flat Fee MLS package and 1 full service package.
- MLS Listing Only Plan – $399: Includes a 6 month listing term with 25 photos. Listing goes live in one business day. You get phone and email support, 2 free open house ads on the MLS and all required listing disclosures. This plan is available in PA, MD, DE, and NJ.
- Contract Review Plan – $749: This is a full service plan where an agent will assist you throughout your home selling process. Its is available only in Pennsylvania.
Our Take: Their a la carte services are limited and as such there is less scope for customization. If you are looking for customizable packages that suit your needs, Houzeo can be a better option to list your home and get it sold with ease.
🚩 You Should Know: Simple Choice Realty charges additional fees to extend the listing term, install new signs, and more. These charges can be anywhere between $99 – $155.
- Provides you with all the Maryland state disclosures with all of their packages
Simple Choice Realty has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars (88 total reviews) on Google.
Simple Choice Realty does Flat Fee MLS listings across most of Pennsylvania, all of Delaware, and all of Maryland.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Maryland Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Maryland Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Maryland Pricing page
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents in Maryland and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through typical real estate companies in Maryland to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Do Flat Fee MLS Listings Work?
Yes. 88% of buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent. Therefore, these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already. In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Work?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee MLS Maryland company, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the Maryland MLS and other real estate websites in Maryland.
Subsequently, the buyer’s agents can view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
Selling a House in Maryland: All You Need to Know
Sell A House By Owner in Maryland
If you want to sell a house FSBO in Maryland, list your home using Flat Fee MLS listing Maryland. This way you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You need to take care of certain important factors when you sell your house by owner in Maryland or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and most importantly marketing.
» How To Sell A House By Owner In Maryland: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in Maryland
Sell Your House Fast in Maryland
The best ways to sell your house fast in Maryland are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling it quickly.
» How to Sell My House Fast in Maryland: Know How to Sell Your House Fast in Maryland and for the Most Cash!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Maryland
We talked about some of the best flat fee MLS companies in Maryland but it should be noted that some flat fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices. An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing.
Some Flat Fee MLS companies might slap hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers and that’s why you should not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in Maryland, we suggest you go with these options:
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Sell your home with the top discount realtors in Maryland, these are our recommendations:
|Assist 2 Sell||1% Commission or $2995|
|Mr. Lister Realty||$999 + 1%|
|Houwzer||$5000 Flat Fee|
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Maryland: Check out our rankings of the Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Maryland
Option 2: Sell “For Sale By Owner”
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50%–70% of the property’s market value for their houses, be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as is to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have fewer inspections and paperwork when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly, making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Maryland: Check out our rankings of Maryland’s Best Cash Companies
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent Maryland real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is many a times way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: We’ve rated the best iBuyers in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Real estate brokers in Maryland with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit if they work with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» Realtors in Maryland: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in Maryland!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Maryland
What is best Flat Fee MLS Company in Maryland?
Houzeo is the best Flat Fee MLS listing service in Maryland. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Who pays the realtor commission in Maryland?
The seller pays the realtor commission in Maryland.
Is Falt Fee MLS Legal in Maryland?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Washington. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers. Multiple listing services Maryland real estate companies provide flat fee MLS listing packages to home sellers at an affordable price.
Related Keywords: maryland mls, mls maryland, flat fee broker near me, flat fee mls listing maryland, multiple listing service maryland, flat fee listing, mls listing flat fee, top real estate agents in maryland, best realtors in maryland, flat fee group reviews, multiple listing maryland, maryland multiple listing service, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo.