Whether you’re selling an apartment in Baltimore or a single-family home in Bethesda, the 6% real estate agent commission will burn a hole in your pocket. But you can save thousands on realtor commissions if you list your home For Sale By Owner.
The most advanced FSBO sites don’t just help you save on commissions. They offer 5-star customer service and advanced tools to help you update your listing, manage showings, review and counter the offers, and close on the sale.
🚀 The Rise of FSBOs
- According to Zillow, 26% of Gen X’ers and 36% of millennials listed FSBO.
- National Association of Realtors found that FSBO homes sold faster than agent-assisted homes. 77% of FSBO homes sold in less than 2 weeks.
- MLS is an important FSBO tool. Homes on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than homes not on the MLS.
- Houzeo.com is America’s #1 For Sale By Owner website. FSBO.com and Net Realty Now are the next best options.
FSBO means selling your house on your own, unassisted by a real estate agent. There are 2 types of FSBO websites where you can list your home For Sale By Owner in Maryland:
- Paid FSBO Websites: All paid FSBO sites will get you listed on the MLS – the most powerful marketing tool for home sellers. MLS syndicates your listings to Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, Realtor.com, and 100s of other websites.
- Free FSBO Websites: Free FSBO sites will limit your listing exposure to just those websites. No MLS exposure means less competition for your property and thus a lower sale price for you.
We have spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing For Sale By Owner websites in the Old Line State. Here are our rankings.
Rankings: 7 Best For Sale By Owner Websites in Maryland
|FSBO Website||Fee||100% Online||MLS Access||Offers Management||Showings Management||5-Star Rating|
|3. Net Realty Now||$299||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Mister Lister Realty||$650||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Facebook Martketplace||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
4 Best Paid For Sale By Owner Websites in Maryland
Paid FSBO websites list your home on the MLS for a one-time flat fee. We’ve ranked the best Flat Fee FSBO listing websites in Maryland.
BEST FSBO WEBSITE
Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo is America’s best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo is one of the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing services, with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating on Google and Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out home sellers’ experience listing with Houzeo
Houzeo.com is Maryland’s #1 FSBO website, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo gives Maryland FSBO home sellers affordable Maryland Flat Fee MLS listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months. You can upload up to 20 photos.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. Your listing is syndicated to popular real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, and hundreds of others.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here’s some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. As there’s zero online automation or downloadable resources, you have to do all the paperwork manually.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 to $60 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental and showing service are priced at $150 and $75 respectively. These services are quite expensive compared to other FSBO Flat Fee MLS listing competitors.
FSBO.com has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website. They offer 2 listing packages priced at $99.95 and $399.95. We do not recommend the $99 plan, as it offers the services that For Sale By Owner free listing sites offer.
Apart from listing house For Sale By Owner, FSBO.com offers no major services. The à la carte items are expensive, and you’re charged extra for uploading more than 20 photos.
3. Net Realty Now
Net Realty Now
Net Realty Now offers 2 Flat Fee MLS packages and a Full Service listing package for the states they provide services.
- Flat Fee MLS Package – $299: This package provides a 6-month listing period and 36 photos, virtual tours of the house, and unlimited changes to your listing.
- Full-Service Flat Fee MLS Package – $1,299: This package allows listings across 83 affiliated websites both national and local. The charges are upfront and no hidden fees are charged at closing.
- Full-Service Seller Representation – 1% – 2% of Listing Fees: You will be charged 3% – 4.5% of commissions. Your listings are marketed on 85 real estate websites as well as on their social media platforms.
Coverage in 4 States: Net Realty Now provides services in New York, Virginia, Maryland, and Washington DC.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Flat Fee MLS Package priced at $299. It includes all the services a homeowner looks for!
» Thomas Hennerty Net Realty Now: Thomas and Net Realty Now has good customer reviews and reputation in the market.
NetRealtyNow.com is a good Flat Fee MLS option in the 4 states where it provides services directly.
- Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: Thomas and company are known for their absolutely first-class services. He has a great sense of the market and how things work. One of the past sellers had received a solid sale contract within 2 days of listing with Net Realty Now.com.
- Good Customer Reviews: Tom and his team at Net Realty Now respond to their clients promptly and always go the extra mile to maintain integrity.
- High Credibility: Net Realty Now lists between 500 to 600 properties every year out of these over 60% of properties sell within the initial listing term.
- Unlimited Changes: You are allowed to make unlimited changes to your listing for free.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: Buyer leads are sent to the homeowners directly to limit broker participation in the sale.
- Online Paperwork: The full-service package offers fully electronic paperwork from listing to closing.
- Comparable Sales Report: It also provides a CMA report which helps you price your property competitively.
The only turn-downs we found about Net Realty Now is their limited coverage. It serves only in four states prominently. Thomas has a stellar reputation within the broker community and also among his clients.
NetRealtyNow.com LLC has 4.7 out of 5 star ratings from 21 total reviews on Zillow.
» NetRealtyNow.com Reviews: Check out what Houzeo home sellers have to say about working with Net Realty Now.
Net Realty Now offers a single MLS listing plan in Maryland at $299. The FSBO MLS listing service has good customer reviews online, with a track record of selling almost 60% of its properties within the initial listing term.
Net Realty Now is owned and operated by Thomas Hennerty. He has an extensive experience of more than 30 years with an excellent rating of 5 out of 5 stars on Houzeo.com.
4. Mister Lister Realty
Mr Lister Realty
Mr. Lister Realty offer’s 2 Flat Fee MLS and 1 full-service package
- Basic Plan – $450: This plan includes a listing term of 1 year with 20 photos. Listing gets syndicated to MLS and various other websites.
- Bestselling Plan – $650: With all the services offered by the Basic Plan, this plan additionally includes a yard sign, 2 free open house announcements, a settlement sheet, and limited free agent support.
- Discounted Full-Service Plan – $999 + 1%: It includes the assistance of an agent to help you with listing prices, inspections, appraisals, negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: Mr. Lister Realty is a good option for getting exposure on the Maryland MLS. The packages are expensive for the services they offer. If you still want to list with them, we recommend their Bestselling Plan.
Mr. Lister is a good option for Maryland home sellers looking for local expertise.
- Industry Veterans: Mr. Lister Realty has been in operation since 1996 in Maryland. They offer expert advice to new home sellers who do not understand the local market well.
- Long-Term Listing: You get a 12-month listing period even in the base package albeit it is expensive. You can also upload up to 20 photos with your listing. Most comparative websites limit it to 10 photos in the base package.
- Assistance with Listing Price: Competitive pricing improves your chances of finding the best offer. Mr. Lister Realty provides agent assistance (only in the $999 package) to help you price your home just right!
Mr. Lister Realty is a local platform for Maryland sellers and may lack the edge of national tech-based platforms like Houzeo.
- Expensive Base Package: The base package is a whopping $450 and only gives you the bare minimum for a quick listing. Competitive platforms offer the basic package at much cheaper rates.
- No Seller Dashboard: Often industry veterans forget to update their tech! Mr. Lister has no seller dashboard or mobile app for the easy management of your listing and selling process.
- Limited Coverage: Mr. Lister Realty is a local platform for Maryland sellers. They do not have nationwide coverage which can limit visibility and reduce the buyer pool.
Mr. Lister Realty has a 5 out of 5 stars rating from a total of only 52 reviews.
Google Reviews – Read Mr. Lister Realty reviews to make your final decision!
Mr. Lister Realty is a good choice for FSBO home sellers looking for local exposure. It has over two decades of experience in Maryland real estate.
However, as per industry standards, their basic package is significantly costly. You must also navigate an outdated website if you chose to work with Mr. Lister Realty.
Take Charge of Your Home Sale Today!
Houzeo gives you the best market exposure and powerful tools to ace your FSBO journey like a pro.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
3 Best Free For Sale By Owner Websites in Maryland
Free For Sale By Owner websites in Maryland offer online exposure, but don’t guarantee a successful FSBO sale.
FREE FSBO LISTING
ForSaleByOwner.com has 2 FSBO packages.
- ‘Do It Yourself’ FSBO Package – $0: Your home gets listed on ForSaleByOwner.com for free.
- ‘Closing Assistance’ Package – $495: You get a licensed real estate advisor to assist you at closing. This includes home inspection, title, closing costs, and more.
👉 Our Take: We recommend listing for free as FSBO on ForSaleByOwner.com to get added exposure.
- High User Traffic: ForSaleByOwner.com claims to have 7 times more traffic than any other FSBO website. This works in favor of sellers who need added exposure for their property.
- You Agree to use Their Partner Title Company: If you find a buyer via ForSaleByOwner.com, you have to use the Rock Homes partnered ‘Amrock Title Company’ for closing.
- No MLS Listing Plan: ForSaleByOwner .com gives you only 2 options, either a free web listing or closing assistance from a Rocket Homes agent. There’s no package for you to list on the MLS at all.
- You are a Lead for Rocket Homes: Your listing information is sold to Rocket Homes agents. They will likely call you and convince you to list on the MLS.
- You have to Provide Your Credit Card Info: Even though the listing on ForSaleByOwner.com is free, many users complained about having to provide payment details.
ForSaleByOwner.com has a rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars on BestCompany.com.
» ForSaleByOwner.com Reviews: Check out what customers experienced listing with ForSaleByOwner.com
ForSaleByOwner.com is considered one of the biggest FSBO websites, as they claim to have 7 times more traffic than other For Sale By Owner sites.
Although ForSaleByOwner.com offers other paid services, none of these services include For Sale By Owner MLS listing. Further, your information is provided to a Rocket Homes affiliated agent. These agents contact you frequently to solicit MLS listings.
6. Facebook Marketplace
Social Media Behemoth
Facebook Marketplace offers free FSBO real estate listing in its ‘Property for Sale’ section.
- FSBO Listing on Facebook – $0: You can list your property with some photos and basic details.
👉 Out Take: Facebook Marketplace is good for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. However, do not rely on it completely to get buyer leads. List on the MLS for credible buyer leads.
- Facebook has Millions of Users: Your property is advertised to millions of Facebook users. This certainly gives you exposure outside of MLS-syndicated websites.
- Facebook Marketplace is Not a Real Estate Website: Although it gives your listing some exposure, you don’t get assistance or FSBO tools. Its only purpose is marketing your property.
- Potential Privacy Attacks: Hackers can steal your personal data online. Make sure you have limited information open to the public while using Facebook Marketplace.
- No FSBO Support: Facebook Marketplace is not a real estate website. That’s why home sellers do not get any selling-related assistance.
- You can get scammed: Scammers and fraudsters target FSBO home sellers on Facebook Marketplace to make phony offers. If you get an offer that is too good to be true, high chances are it is a scam.
Facebook Marketplace has no customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
Facebook Marketplace is a popular classifieds site, where you can list your property. It is not a For Sale By Owner website. We recommend Facebook Marketplace to maximize your exposure if you have already listed on the MLS.
We recommend that you protect your personal data and profile, as Facebook Marketplace is filled with unsolicited buyers. Further, this platform’s reach in real estate is limited, which lowers your chances of selling your house in Maryland.
You can list your home for free on Craigslist’s section for ‘Real Estate for Sale’.
- FSBO Listing on Craigslist- $0: You get a free For Sale By Owner real estate listing on Craigslist. You can upload your property’s description, location, and some photos.
👉 Our Take: Craigslist is a good free option for added exposure outside MLS or real estate websites. But it is a playground for scammers, so add limited information related to your property.
- It has Huge Traffic: Craigslist attracts more than 140 million visitors every month. Your listing will get that added exposure outside of MLS and real estate websites.
- Craigslist is Not a Real Estate Website: It is a classifieds website. Your listing may get some exposure, but no assistance or FSBO tools. Its only purpose is marketing your property.
- You’re Exposed to Lowball Offers: Many home sellers have been harassed by investors or cash home buyers who make lowball offers on Craigslist.
- You can get scammed: Scammers and fraudsters target FSBO home sellers on Craigslist and make phony offers. If you get an offer that is too good to be true, high chances are it is a scam.
- Very Poor Customer Reviews: The majority of reviews on Craigslist online are negative. People complain about being scammed or harassed by unsolicited callers.
Craigslist has a poor rating of 1.2 out of 5 stars with 279 reviews on Trustpilot.
» How to Sell a House on Craigslist: Check out the tips to sell your home on Craigslist
Craigslist is the biggest classifieds website in the U.S. In terms of traffic, it is the second most visited website with more than 140 million monthly visitors.
While Craigslist can give your listing decent exposure, it can also attract scammers and fraud cash house buyers. Hence, we recommend that you put very limited information about your property and request identification from anyone who makes an offer.
Here’s a quick recap of the best FSBO websites:
Reviews: America’s Best FSBO Websites
We’ve reviewed the best paid and free For Sale By Owner Websites in 2023
Alternatives to For Sale By Owner Websites in Maryland
If you think selling your house yourself in Maryland is too complicated for you, here are some other options you can consider:
- Discount Broker or Low Commission Agent: If you want to save on agent commission, a low commission real estate agent offers you the same services for a lower commission rate. Likewise, a flat rate or Maryland discount real estate broker offers all the services for a discounted flat rate. An agent will assist you from list to close, including negotiations and paperwork.
- Cash Home Buyer: Individual cash home buyers and “Companies That Buy Houses For Cash” make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash home buyers in Maryland help you skip the hassle that a real estate transaction involves.
- iBuyer: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad are known to offer a property’s FMV in the past. However, in 2023’s slow market, many iBuyers are predicted to offer significantly less for your home than retail buyers.
List on the Most Powerful FSBO Platform Now!
Houzeo gives you all the benefits of MLS, without paying the listing agent commission.
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
What is the Best For Sale By Owner Website in Maryland?
The best For Sale By Owner website in Maryland will list your home on the MLS for a reasonable price, in the least time, and provide timely assistance. That’s why, we recommend Houzeo as the best For Sale By Owner website to list your home.
Houzeo’s Maryland Flat Fee MLS Listing plan will list your home within 24 to 48 hours. Further, with the Gold Package, you get access to cutting-edge tools like Offers Dashboard, Showings Management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Free For Sale By Owner listing sites gives a boost to your listing, by reaching the maximum prospective buyers. To get the best exposure and sell your house fast, we recommend you target MLS as well as other free FSBO listing sites.
Check out how Houzeo works in this video:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Reviews: Find out what customers have to say about Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I list my home For Sale By Owner in Maryland?
You can list your house For Sale By Owner with Flat Fee MLS services like Houzeo.com, FSBO.com, Net Realty Now, and more. Your home will be listed on the MLS, the most powerful tool to market your home for sale.
2. What is the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service in Maryland?
Houzeo.com is the best FSBO listing site, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on popular review websites like Google and Trustpilot.
3. Where can I list my house For Sale By Owner for free in Maryland?
You can list your home for free on ForSalebyOwner.com and classifieds websites like Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and Oodle Marketplace.
- Selling a House: Check out the 7 steps to a successful home sale.
- Sell My House Fast Maryland: Check out the quickest ways to sell your MD home.
- Best Time to Sell a House in Maryland: Find out which is the best time to sell a house in MD.
Related: best for sale by owner sites maryland, websites to sell houses in maryland, best site for fsbo maryland, for sale by owner web sites maryland, websites to list homes for sale by owner maryland, websites to list house for sale by owner maryland, best fsbo listing site maryland.For Sale By Owner Websites Maryland