ForSaleByOwner.com is one of the oldest For Sale By Owner listing websites in America. After its takeover by Rocket Homes in 2018, ForSaleByOwner.com has become a lead marketing engine.
- What is ForSaleByOwner.com? Online platform used by home sellers to list their house.
- Pros: ForSaleByOwner.com offers listing on their website for free.
- Cons: They do not provide listing on the MLS.
- Is ForSaleByOwner.com Worth It? No, your property will get limited exposure with free listing!
- Bottomline:Getting listed on the MLS with a company like Houzeo.com will bring you closer to potential buyers, which ForSaleByOwner.com fails to do.
What is ForSaleByOwner.com?
ForSaleByOwner.com is an online platform used by home sellers to sell their property/properties on a for sale by owner basis. As they offer free listing on the website and you can connect directly to the buyers.
ForSaleByOwner.com links you with a local expert from a nationwide network of proven agents.
What does ForSaleByOwner.com Offer?
ForSaleByOwner.com offers two home selling packages for you after listing your property with them.
1. Do It Yourself (DIY) Package: Free Listing
ForSaleByOwner.com lets you list your house on their website for FREE & it’s visible to anyone who visits the website. They will assist you with your home selling requirements in the DIY package.
The package includes Personal Selling Dashboard, Simple Pricing Tool, Live Support, and more.
2. Closing Assistance Package: $1,199 for Selling Your Home
If you find a potential buyer, you can consider ForSaleByOwner.com’s Closing Assistance package. The package introduces a real estate professional to your FSBO sale.
The package includes everything from Title, Inspections, and Appraisals, to Contract and Closing, is provided. You will also communicate with the associates of Rocket Homes and Rocket Mortgage.
» Closing Cost Calculator: Check out how Houzeo can help you calculate the closing cost for both buyers and sellers.
The Cons of Listing with ForSaleByOwner.com
❌ No MLS Exposure
If you list with ForSaleByOwner.com, your listing will not receive exposure as any local MLS can offer, which they DO NOT OFFER.
❌ ForSaleByOwner.com Has Very Limited Reach
In comparison to a property listed on the MLS, your listing with ForSaleByOwner.com has fewer chances of selling your house.
❌ You Are a Lead for Rocket Homes
Significantly more in commissions if you need MLS exposure. As you will sign up as a LEAD for Rocket Homes, and pay a price, to sell your home with ForSaleByOwner.com.
❌ You’ll be Likely to Use Amrock Title
You have NO OTHER CHOICE IN THE MATTER but to use the Title Rocket Homes will provide you!
Closing Assistance is a free choice after you list with Houzeo.com. Choose wisely!
For Sale By Owner Reviews
For sale by owner reviews online are positive with few negative. looking at ForSaleByOwner.com has an average customer rating of 2.9 stars BestCompany.
✔️ For Sale By Owner Positive Customer Reviews
1. Rebekah mentioned in her for sale by owner review, how they helped her find the best fit for listing her house for free.
2. Heather found the perfect fit, but instead of BUYING, they ended up RENTING a place.
⛔ For Sale By Owner Negative Customer Reviews
1. TTeep does not recommend ForSaleByOwner.com. He also adds “Not many people use this as I would hope.” in his for sale by owner service review.
2. Barbara talks about listing with other MLS companies. To list your property on Houzeo.com
Real People, Real Stories
Houzeo is one of the well-known FSBO websites in the US, and we offer Flat Fee MLS listing services. The entire procedure, from listing your home to closing, is simple and completely done online. Plus, there’s no charge or any hidden fees or a commission on listings.
🥇 Best FSBO Website
Why It’s #1: Houzeo gives you the best combination of max exposure, 5-star customer service, fast listing & changes, and cutting-edge technology.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 For Sale By Owner MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot or land property by the owner. Your FSBO listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that FSBO home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for: Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend Houzeo’s Gold Plan for most home sellers. The Gold plan includes all of the advanced features Houzeo is known for. If you are on a budget, Houzeo’s Silver plan is comparable to most companies’ For Sale By Owner packages.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo.com has a 4.9/5 rating with thousands of reviews
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to list on MLS and get access to all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo’s locations and coverage
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5-star rating and reviews on popular review sites like Google, and Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Learn why Houzeo is the best For Sale By Owner website in 2022
Houzeo is available nationwide with coverage in 200+ markets.
2. Beycome Real Estate
Based in Miami, Florida, Beycome is a technologically-advanced real estate company that makes it easy for home sellers to list their home on the MLS Florida as an FSBO. Through their seller dashboard, you get to access advanced features like managing your listing, organizing offers, and showing schedules.
🥈 FLAT FEE ONLINE REAL ESTATE BROKERAGE
Beycome Real Estate
Beycome is a licensed brokerage that offers all services virtually. Beycome offers Flat Fee MLS listing services in Florida and a few other states.
Packages: Beycome offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages.
- Basic Package – $99: You can upload maximum photos and make unlimited listing changes. You get forms and disclosures, an open house scheduler, and home visits management tool. Note that there is a mandatory $25 cancelation fee.
- Enhanced Package – $399: With all the features of the Basic Package, you get a yard sign, a featured Beycome listing, flyers, brochures, and a key lockbox. You also get to add a virtual tour video to your listing.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: Opt for this package if you need assistance until closing.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable as a high-tech platform. However, their reviews are only decent, and they have limited coverage. Furthermore, Beycome Real Estate is not a For Sale By Owner website; it is a flat fee brokerage.
» Beycome Reviews: The Truth about America’s only Flat Fee Online Real Estate Brokerage
- Set up a free web page along with listing your property on the MLS
- You can easily switch to a full-service agent
- You rely on the agents to bring potential buyers for your FSBO property.
- No “search homes” feature for buyers
- The MLS package allows only a few photos and a few changes to your property listing
Beycome Brokerage Realty LLC. has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on the popular review site Google.
👎 Limited Coverage: Beycome Real Estate covers only 9 states—Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
👍 Rankings of Local For Sale By Owner Listing Services: If your zipcode lies out of Beycome’s coverage or you want to explore local companies, check our rankings & choose the best FSBO site for your sale:
- Flat Fee MLS Alabama: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alabama
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia
- Flat Fee MLS Illinois: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Illinois
- Flat Fee MLS Minnesota: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Minnesota
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina
Why is Houzeo Better than ForSaleByOwner.com?
Houzeo.com significantly increases your exposure by listing your home on the MLS. You will get unmatched options for selling your house. Houzeo’s advanced technology makes the FSBO paperwork and listing management make process quick and efficient.
We offer the best combination of maximum savings, no hidden fees, and 5-star customer support. Houzeo.com offers you 4 listing packages to list your property on the MLS.
|1. Bronze Package||$299: It is the best for selling a lot or land property by the owner. Your FSBO listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.|
|2. Silver Package||$349: This includes everything that FSBO home sellers typically look for.|
|3. Gold Package||399: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.|
|4. Platinum||$999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.|
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
Other Options You Should Consider
1. Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers make an offer on your property within 24-48 hours and can close within 7 days or more. Most iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad are also known to offer the Fair Market Value (FMV) for your property.
Selling to an iBuyer has certain significant drawbacks. These include:
- Limited coverage, restricted to metro and urban areas
- Strict eligibility criteria without exceptions
- Non-negotiable offers
- 5% service fee
- 2% – 8% repair costs
👉 Our Take: We recommend iBuyers if your house meets the iBuyer company’s eligibility criteria.
» iBuyer Reviews: Check out rankings, pros, cons & alternatives of top iBuyers in America
2. Sell to “We Buy Homes for Cash” Companies
Unlike iBuyers, “We buy homes for cash” companies help you sell your house as-is fast. They can even close within 7 days or any date you choose. “We buy homes for cash” companies also make cash offers for homes outside metro areas or in difficult-to-sell locations.
Here’s why traditional cash home buyers could be a bad option for you than an iBuyer:
- They make lowball offers and offer only 50% – 70% of market value.
- Their offers are non-negotiable
👉 Our Take: We recommend selling to a cash home buyer if you are selling a distressed house “as-is” without looking for the best price.
» “We Buy Homes for Cash” Companies: Check out America’s biggest cash home buyer companies in 2023
“Cash for Homes” Companies Near You
3. Sell With Flat Fee MLS Services
The most effective method for customers to buy or sell a house is through MLS listing websites. 95% of homebuyers use online tools to find their dream homes. And 89% of home sellers chose the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) to sell their homes quickly.
Listing with a Flat Fee MLS service gets your house on the market within just 24-48 hours. Flat Fee MLS is one of the best ways to sell your house fast, and it has 4 major benefits:
- MLS is the fastest way to hit the market, plus your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, etc.
- Your listing gets maximum exposure.
- You can negotiate all offers.
- You skip paying commission or service fees.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Flat Fee MLS companies for most home sellers. They are fast, and you will save thousands in commissions.
Should You List Your Home on ForSaleByOwner.com?
Listing with Forsalebyowner.com is not a great deal as they do not help with listing on the MLS. If you wish to list on the MLS then you can also rely on social media marketing and sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, or your yard sign to list your property.
To get the best deals, list your property with MLS listing companies like Houzeo.com. With Houzeo, you have the choice to list your property as an owner and enable a smooth closing procedure. You do not have to stress about complexity as the platform is 100% online. Houzeo will help list your property on the MLS at a Flat Rate and take care of other tasks that otherwise would require manual intervention.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I list my house on ForSaleByOwner.com?
Yes. you can list your house on their website and for free.
2. Who are the top competitors of ForSaleByOwner.com?
These are some of the competitors for ForSaleByOwner.com.
3. Is listing with ForSaleByOwner worth it?
No, after 30 days you need to pay $19.95 per month if wish to continue listing your home with forsalebyowner.com. PS: They provide No MLS options.
4. Who owns ForSaleByOwner.com ?
ForSaleByOwner is owned by Damon Giglio, Founder
5. What is for sale by owner reviews rating?
There are no ratings as per Google or Yelp. As per bestcompany.com, the current rating of ForSaleByOwner.com is 2.9/5
Related: forsalebyowner.com, for sale by owner websites, for sale by owner services, for sale by owner reviews, forsalebyowner.com reviews, forsalebyowner com reviews, www.forsalebyowner.com, www forsalebyowner com reviews, www.forsalebyowner.com reviews, forsalebyowner.com listing, forsalebyowner com reviews complaints, fsbo com vs forsalebyowner com, forsalebyowner com real estate, forsalebyowner.com reviews, www.forsalebyowner.com reviews, forsalebyowner.com reviews complaints, houzeo reviews, forsalebyowner reviews, byowner.com reviews, forsalebyowner com reviews, forsalebyowner review, is forsalebyowner com legitimate, buyowner.com reviews, rocket homes reviews, we buy homes for cashForSaleByOwner.com Reviews Real Estate Reviews