From Cambridge to Brookline, Boston home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Massachusetts Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular among Boston home sellers because they have several advantages.
- List & Sell for Just $349: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house, you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in Beantown. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS, Boston Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Entry Only||$399||20% - 50%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Landfall Properties LLC||$499||🚩 0.5%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Entry Only New England||$697||None||✅||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|5. Simply Sell Realty||$99||None||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. I Sold My House||$399||$150 - $300||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Boston, MA Listing Services
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Massachusetts’ #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. Entry Only
Entry Only offers 2 flat fee MLS packages and a flat fee full representation package you can choose from.
- Basic – $399: Includes a 6-month MLS listing, 20 photos, transaction coordination, flyers, buyer lead forwarding, and a yard sign.
- Enhanced – $699: All services of the Basic package + contract review.
- Premium – $999: This is a full-service package. It includes all services of the Enhanced package + negotiations before/after inspections and closing assistance.
Listing Upgrades: Here is a summary of add-on services offered by Entry Only.
- Upload up to listing photo: $100
- 12-month initial listing: $100
- Expedited same-day MLS entry: $100
- 2nd MLS system/category: $100
- Customizable yard sign: $20 (Upto $100)
- Owner verification service: $50
- Comparative Market Analysis: $50
- Combination lock box: $40
- Personalized domain name: $20
- Realtor.com weekly report: $10
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Enhanced Package for For Sale By Owner sellers. Though it is an entry only package, it provides the services a home seller needs.
Here are some key benefits of listing with Entry Only:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All email inquiries will be forwarded to you. In addition to this, Entry Only has a 24/7 receptionist service to redirect buyers and agents to you.
- Closing Assistance: Entry Only strives to make the closing process smoother by coordinating with buyer agents, lenders, appraisers, inspectors, attorneys, and title companies.
- 2x Money Back Guarantee: If you are unable to sell your house through Entry Only, they offer a referral to a local traditional broker in your area. In addition to this, they provide a rebate of two times your listing fee (up to $999).
In our research, we found no red flags with Entry Only. Jason Saphire is a reputable broker with more than 20 years of experience in the field.
Entry Only offers a significant number of listing upgrades. However, the ones that may boost the sale of your house, like a higher number of photographs, expedited MLS entry, and secondary MLS listing, are steeply priced. So, we recommend you budget for these when choosing to list with Entry Only.
Entry Only has 4.8 out of 5 stars from 345 total reviews on Trustpilot.
» Entry Only Reviews: Check out the customer reviews of Entry Only.
Entry Only is a part of the HomeZu network. With more than 20 years of experience, Jason Saphire, the managing broker, has cultivated an excellent reputation in the industry.
Entry Only offers a “Double Money Back Guarantee” if you are unable to sell your house with them. In addition to this, they have a 24/7 receptionist service that forwards all buyer leads to you.
However, their add-on services are not as competitively priced as their packages. Past sellers appreciate their low turnaround time and prompt service.
3. Landfall Properties, LLC
Landfall Properties typically has 3 Flat Fee MLS packages:
- Level One Package – Free: This package includes free listing in Realtor MLS for 2 months. You can upload up to 40 photos with unlimited listing changes. But you have to pay a broker commission of 2% – 2.5%.
- Level Two Package – $499: This package includes unlimited listing terms and a professional high-quality ‘for sale sign‘. It also comes with contract forms and addendums, escrow services, virtue al tours, and Realtor.com visitor statistics.
- Level Three Package – 1%: This package includes everything from the Level Two Package along with broker assistance. Other benefits include buyer rebates, accurate pricing figures, and a bluetooth lockbox.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Level Three Package, which gives unlimited consultation until closing.
Paul Marino is a broker with 35 years of experience. His merits have established Landfall Properties among locals.
- Free Listing: Allows listing for free in REALTOR MLS for up to 2 months.
- Market Exposure: Your listing is posted on hundreds of websites for free.
- Easy Upgrades: You can easily upgrade to the Level 3 package anytime.
- No Limit Broker Consultation: All three packages include broker consultation via email/text message.
Landfall Properties has a good rating, but we came across some drawbacks you need to know.
- Agent Commission: The FREE package actually comes at a cost. It includes a broker commission of 2% – 2.5% depending upon the use of buyer services.
- Low on Tech: They do not have a mobile app, which would have meant a smoother process.
Landfall Properties has a rating of 5.0 stars from 46 reviews on Zillow.
Landfall Properties Reviews: Check out the Zillow reviews of Landfall Properties and choose accordingly.
Having an experienced broker like Paul Marino can help you stand apart in the Boston, MA Listing service game.
Although the packages offered by Landfall Properties are very flexible, they fall short on technology as they do not have a mobile application.
4. Entry Only New England
NO A-LA-CARTE SERVICES
Entry Only New England
Entry Only New England offers three flat fee MLS packages.
- Basic – $349: Includes a 12-month MLS listing, 10 photos, unlimited listing changes, and assistance with MA state real estate forms.
- Standard – $547: All services from the Base package + 30 photos, FSBO pricing guide, buyer agent commission report, professional marketing flyers, and listing optimization guide.
- Advanced – $697: All services from the Standard package + 42 photos, seller report from Realtor.com, and educational material on offer negotiation.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Standard Package as it offers more number of photos on the MLS.
Here are some key benefits of listing with Entry Only New England:
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: Your MLS listing is published with your contact details and instructions to contact you directly. Entry Only New England does not get involved with leads.
- State Forms: All Entry Only New England packages offer assistance with Massachusetts state real estate forms. This includes the sales contract, the deed, disclosure forms, etc.
- Comparable Sales Report: They offer an FSBO pricing guide or a comparative market analysis report. It is designed to help you find the right price for your home according to similar properties that were sold in your area.
In our research, we found some factors that could be deal breakers for some sellers.
- No á la Carte Services: Entry Only New England does not offer any add-on services. So, you may have to purchase an expensive package even if you only want to opt for one of the additional services they offer. This means that you will also have to pay for other services included in the package that you may not require.
- Lists only on MLS PIN: The firm lists the property only on one MLS, i.e., MLS PIN (Property Information Network). This can limit property exposure. Consequently, you may miss out on potential deals.
Entry Only New England has 5 out of 5 stars on Google.
Entry Only New England is a part of the Stuart St. James family, helmed by Darin Thompson.
With more than 15 years of experience in the field, Thompson brings value and professionalism to the table. Entry Only New England reviews are a testament to this.
While their cheapest plan offers a 12-month MLS listing for $349, it only allows 10 photos on the MLS. But they do not have any á la carte services. Consequently, you may feel compelled to opt for the Standard or Advanced Plan for better services.
5. Simply Sell Realty
Simple Sell Realty
Simply Sell Realty offers only 1 Flat Fee MLS package.
Simply List Me – $99: This package offers 6 months listing with maximum photo allowed by the MLS. Your listing gets syndicated to multiple national and local real estate websites. The flat fee MLS package offers services equivalent to a full service package.
👉 Our Take: Simply Sell Realty offers a single Flat fee MLS package with various services. However, a single package ideally comes with limited options.
Simply Sell Realty is one of the best options for flat fee MLS home sellers in Massachusetts and New Hampshire counties it serves.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, REaltor.com, Homes.com and other local webites.
- Unlimited Changes: You can make multiple online change requests to your MLS listing 24/7.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: Simply Sell Realty promptly forwards all the buyer leads to you.
- Online Process: All the listing and data maintenance process is completely online. Your listing goes live within 24 hours after you submit your details.
- Free Cancellation: You can terminate your listing anytime without paying any extra charges.
- Listing Withdrawal: You can temporarily take down your listing and re-list once during the 6 months listing term.
We found a few red flags about Simply Sell Realty:
- Limited Coverage: Simply Sell Realty is licensed to offer flat fee MLS services only in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Berkshire or Barnstable county in Massachusetts are not covered.
- Lacks on Tech: Though all the processes are carried online, it lacks an e-seller dashboard and mobile app.
Simply Sell Realty has a rating of 5.0 stars from 22 reviews on Google Reviews.
» Simply Sell Realty Reviews: Check out the Google reviews of Simply Sell Realty and choose accordingly.
Simply Sell Realty LLC provides cheap flat fee MLS services in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Though it offers multiple services in its only package, you can be left with limited choices.
The listing process is online, but it lacks a mobile app to provide you with easy access to your listing.
Although it provides low-priced services, make sure you read the listing agreement carefully for any hidden charges!
6. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience. However, look for the pros and cons of Flat Fee Group before choosing them.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. This raises the question is Flat Fee Group legit? Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a Flat Fee. However, it works with a variety of different flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
In Massachusetts, Flat Fee Group’s Basic Package costs $299, the Enhanced Package costs $699, and the Premium Package costs $999.
7. I Sold My House
Low Tech, But Great Broker
ISoldMyHouse.com is an online real estate website operating since 1997. They offer the following packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: This plan will allow you to upload 6 photos. The listing term is 6 months.
- Get Sold – $399+: This plan includes 25 photos and a 6-month listing term.
Coverage in 8 States: ISoldMyHouse.com, through its affiliate, Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Take: We recommend ISoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it services itself. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
ISoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of ISoldMyHouse.com, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Strong Customer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com has an excellent 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google Reviews and the BBB. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
In our research, we found some deal breakers associated with ISoldMyHouse.com.
- Listing and Making Changes Takes Time: In the 42 states + DC where ISoldMyHouse.com does not offer its services, your information is forwarded to a local broker. This process is slow and it can take a few hours or even days to list your house.
- ISoldMyHouse.com is Not 100% Online: ISoldMyHouse.com does not provide any mobile app service to its customers.
ISoldMyHouse.com has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 88 reviews on Better Business Bureau and Google.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Reviews: Check out these reviews before choosing them.
iSoldMyHouse is a great choice in the 8 states it covers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of iSoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., iSoldMyHouse.com is only a referral service. They act as a middleman and will sell your information to a local broker who will help you list on MLS.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Boston listing services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Massachusetts Pricing page
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Boston Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing in Boston is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Boston Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Boston. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in Boston service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Boston MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Massachusetts with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing scheduling, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
MA Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Massachusetts: Some Flat Fee MLS Massachussets companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to know how to ace your disclosure process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Massachusetts: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Boston or any other city in Massachusetts. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Massachusetts home sale calculator.
Alternatives to Boston Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS MA companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person Massachusetts realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you won’t save much on real estate agent commission, likely paying a full 5% to 6%. Also, note that luxury real estate brokers may charge more than 6%. This option seems convenient but won’t help you save $$$.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Boston and other Massachusetts markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Boston.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Boston make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Massachusetts and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Massachusetts: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a little bit of research, you can sell your home by listing it with these Boston multiple listing services.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Boston. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the primary MLS in Boston?
MLSPIN (Massachusetts MLS Property Info Network, Inc) is the primary MLS in Boston.
Is MLS listing legal in Boston?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States. In fact, the US Department of Justice just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Does Houzeo cover the primary MLS in Boston?
Yes, Houzeo covers the primary MLS in Boston and all major MLS in Massachusetts.
How much commission does a listing agent take in Boston?
A listing agent usually charges around 2%-3% commission.
- Best Time of Year to Sell a House in Massachusetts: Selling your house at the right time will fetch you higher returns and ensure you sell quickly.
- Massachusetts Seller Closing Costs Calculator: How much will you make selling my house in Massachusetts? Check out this Calculator.
- Real Estate Market in Massachusetts: Will the Massachusetts housing market crash?
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Massachusetts: A typical buyer in Massachusetts may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Massachusetts.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Massachusetts: Find out who pays closing costs in Massachusetts and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Massachusetts: Read more to find out how much title insurance costs in Massachusetts.
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo,Boston Flat Fee MLS Massachusetts