From Piper to Downtown Kansas City, Kansas City home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Kansas Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular among Kansas City home sellers because they have several advantages.
- List & Sell for Just $479: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house, you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in the Kansas City. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: 7 Flat Fee MLS Kansas City, KS Listing Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. I Sold My House||$299- $399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Creekview Realty||$99- $199||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Flat Fee Group||$299- $500||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. FSBO.com||$89- $295||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Best Choice Flat Fee||$299-$799||0.33% / $395||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. BuySelf Realty||$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Kansas City, KS Companies
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Kansas’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package includes a free listing on Houzeo.com. You pay a refundable fee of $49 for a yard sign, and once you send us a selfie with this yard sign, you get your $49 back. So, it is a FREE listing!
The Silver package is priced at $479, the Gold at $549, and the Platinum at $599. All the packages include an additional $395 at closing.
» Flat Fee MLS Kansas: Check our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Kansas.
2. I Sold My House
Low Tech, But Great Broker
ISoldMyHouse.com is an online real estate website operating since 1997. They offer the following packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: This plan will allow you to upload 6 photos. The listing term is 6 months.
- Get Sold – $399+: This plan includes 25 photos and a 6-month listing term.
Coverage in 8 States: ISoldMyHouse.com, through its affiliate, Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Take: We recommend ISoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it services itself. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
ISoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of ISoldMyHouse.com, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Strong Customer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com has an excellent 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google Reviews and the BBB. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
In our research, we found some deal breakers associated with ISoldMyHouse.com.
- Listing and Making Changes Takes Time: In the 42 states + DC where ISoldMyHouse.com does not offer its services, your information is forwarded to a local broker. This process is slow and it can take a few hours or even days to list your house.
- ISoldMyHouse.com is Not 100% Online: ISoldMyHouse.com does not provide any mobile app service to its customers.
ISoldMyHouse.com has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 88 reviews on Better Business Bureau and Google.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Reviews: Check out these reviews before choosing them.
iSoldMyHouse is a great choice in the 8 states it covers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of iSoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., iSoldMyHouse.com is only a referral service. They act as a middleman and will sell your information to a local broker who will help you list on MLS.
3. Creekview Realty
Creekview Realty offers 2 expensive MLS listing packages, including one full-representation package.
- Basic Package – $600: It includes a listing term of 6 months. Other services include realtor key box usage, CSS scheduling service, yard sign, and all forms. The seller can cancel at any time.
- Full-Representation Package – $1,400: The package has all the services from the basic package. Additionally, sellers get full representation services, including contracts, repair negotiations, and other paperwork assistance.
Listing Upgrades: If you want to make any changes to your listing, you must purchase upgrades separately. We’ve summarized all enhancements below.
- Professional Photography: $225
- Comparative Market Analysis: $100
- Additional Yard Sign: $50
👉 Our Take: We recommend their Full-Representation Package of $1,400. With the package, you’ll receive services similar to those from a traditional agent.
Creekview Realty may be an excellent option if you are an inexperienced seller or expect a complicated sale. Here are some of its advantages.
- Easy for First-Time Seller: If you are an inexperienced seller, then selling with them can be easy but costly.
- Strong Customer Support: Creekview Realty has an excellent 4.8 out of 5-star rating on Google Reviews. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
- Full Coverage in Texas: With offices in Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Houston, Creekview has a good reputation and serves the majority of Texas markets.
In our research, we found some primary deal breakers with Creekview Realty.
- Expensive Packages: Creekview Realty offers only two packages. The $600 package is not a great deal – sellers can get a similar package for much less. Additionally, you will need to pay for extra services such as photography and put down a $100 deposit for a lockbox, so your final bill will likely be higher than $600. However, Creekview Realty’s $1,400 full-service package could be a better option, if you are ready to pay more.
- Insufficient Information on their Website: Creekview Realty’s website doesn’t mention how many photos you can upload or how many changes you can make to your listing.
Creekview Realty has 4.8 out of 5 stars (88 reviews) on Google.
Creekview Realty Reviews: Check Creekview Realty Google reviews and choose accordingly!
Creekview Realty has been designed to provide home sellers with everything they need to sell their homes successfully. But they don’t provide enough options to their sellers.
Home sellers who want to save money may find the company’s package too expensive. In Kansas, the package is at $349 but the additional services are not listed on the company’s website. Selling a home with them as a first-time seller can be challenging.
4. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience. However, look for the pros and cons of Flat Fee Group before choosing them.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. This raises the question is Flat Fee Group legit? Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
Since its founding in 2003, the Flat Fee Group has grown to serve clients throughout the United States by connecting independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers.
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee. However, it works with a variety of different flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
In Kansas City, Flat Fee Group offers 1 Flat Fee MLS package – KC MAX package at $799 + $395 (broker admin fee). They also have iBuyer services for quick sale.
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that additional services can add up to a total of $335 in costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package
6. Best Choice Flat Fee
Best Choice Flat Fee
- Listing Fee: $399-$1,995
- Additional Fees: 0.2% to 0.375% of sales price
- No credible reviews were found.
Best Choice Flat Fee offers 3-4 packages depending on the state. Each one varies in pricing and services.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee MLS packages are pricing, review, and closing assistance. You will get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
👉 Our Take: For a better MLS listing and faster sale we recommend going with the full-service package.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who directly work with the Flat Fee Group. They provide flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You are provided with all proper disclosures and contracts in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded to You: All buyer leads are forwarded to you with no middle-man involvement. This service is available in all the packages.
In our research, we came across some drawbacks that you need to know.
- No Mobile App: Best Choice Flat Fee does not have a mobile app to make your process smoother.
- Expensive Plans: They offer basic listing services at a high cost. The same services are available at better prices from other sites.
- No Credible Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no credible reviews from trusted sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
Best Choice Flat Fee has no credible reviews.
Best Choice Flat Fee is led by broker Eddie Davis. It is a national group of independent real estate brokers. Although Best Choice Flat fee offers a wide range of plans it is not cost-effective.
They do not have any credible reviews from trusted sites and if you opt for them it could end up being a risk.
In Kansas City, there are two packages – the Basic Plan at $299 + 0.033% closing fee and The Kansas City at $799 + $395 (broker fee).
7. BuySelf Realty
BuySelf Realty offers 2-3 Flat Fee MLS packages depending on the state/county you are in.
- Common services include free disclosure forms, no hidden fees guarantee, showing requests will directly go to you, and a right MLS guarantee. The Total package usually contains a deluxe sign post and closing guarantee.
👉 Our Take: For a budget-friendly listing, we suggest going with the Standard package in any state/county as it covers all the key services at a reasonable price.
Founded by Albert Hepp, BuySelf Realty Inc is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that serves all the states in the U.S.
- Free Listing Changes: You can make as many changes as you want free of cost.
- Market Exposure: Your listing will be posted on hundreds of websites like Zillow.com, HomeFinder.com, Yahoo Real Estate, Trulia, and cyberhomes among others.
- Rush Service Available: They also offer their services hastily if you are looking to wrap things up quickly.
- Pay Later Option: This offer is available in all packages. It comes with a no-interest option but you have to pay in 6 months.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers of BuySelf Realty Inc.
- Minimal Offline Services: They do not provide in-person meetings with the listing agent. Only specific packages offer a session with a real estate professional to answer your queries.
- No Mobile App: Even though they offer support via phone or email, they do not have the convenient option of a mobile app.
Buyself Realty Ilc has an impeccable rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 243 total reviews on Google Reviews.
» BuySelf Realty Reviews: Check out the reviews of BuySelf Realty on Google Reviews!
BuySelf Realty offers its services across all the states and DC. With its cost-efficient packages, BuySelf Realty typically offers good services for first-time home sellers.
However, for a more complicated deal, you might need actual broker assistance which BuySelf Realty lacks.
In Kansas City, they offer only a Standard Package at $399.
🚩 Beware: Kansas City Flat Fee MLS Listing Services have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS Kansas City companies is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Kansas Pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Kansas City Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing in Kansas City is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Kansas City Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Kansas City. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in Kansas City service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Kansas City MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Kansas with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing scheduling, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
KS Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Kansas: Some Flat Fee MLS Kansas companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Kansas: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Kansas City or any other city in Kansas. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Kansas home sale calculator
Alternatives to Kansas City Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS KS companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Kansas discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person Kansas Realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Kansas City and other Kansas markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Kansas.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Kansas make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Kansas and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Kansas: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a little bit of research, you can sell your home by listing it with these Kansas City multiple listing services.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Kansas City. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which kansas MLS’ does Houzeo cover while listing the house?
As Houzeo offers flat fee MLS services nationwide, it covers most of the MLS’ in Kansas which includes the Kansas City MLS.
How long does it take to list your house on the Kansas City MLS?
As soon as you move ahead with a flat rate MLS package in Kansas City, the listing will appear either on the same day or the next business day.
The listing will go live once you submit the details through the website. You also have to answer the follow-up questions that the agent may ask. But, in some cases, it may take 2 days to list the property online.
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS listing service?
As per our research, Houzeo is considered to be the best Flat fee MLS in Kansas City. The company holds a rating of 4.9 out of 5 and is known for its good customer service over the years.
Can I update the information after the house is listed online?
Once the realtor lists the house on the MLS in your county, you can easily send a request to make amendments. While you can change the details related to open houses, you can even add some more photos and update the description.
Watch this video tutorial if you are not sure about how to change the information.
- Best Time to Sell a House in Kansas: Selling your house at the right time will fetch you higher returns and ensure you sell quickly.
- Closing Cost Calculator Kansas Seller: How much will you make selling my house in Kansas? Check out this Calculator.
- Real Estate Market in Kansas: Will the Kansas housing market crash?
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Kansas: A typical buyer in Kansas may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Kansas.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Kansas: Find out who pays closing costs in Kansas and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Kansas: Read more to find out how much title insurance costs in Kansas.
Related: fsbo Kansas city, multiple listing service kansas city, Kansas city multiple listing service, MLS kansas city real estate, flat fee realtor kansas city, flat fee mls listing kansas city, multiple listing service kansas city, fsbo kansas city ks, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate housing market crash, free for sale by owner sitesFlat Fee MLS Kansas Kansas City