From Wichita to Olathe, Kansas home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Kansas Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular amongst KS home sellers because they have several advantages:
- List & Sell for Just $329: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in the Sunflower state. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Kansas Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Flat Fee Realty||$159-$349||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Flat Fee Group||$799||⚠️ 0.33%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. BuySelf Realty||$399-$599||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. I Sold My House||$299-$399||⚠️ $500||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Best Choice Flat Fee||$399-$1995||0.33% / $395||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Kansas Companies
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Kansas’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $395. The Silver package costs $479 +$395 at closing, and the Gold package costs $549 + $395 at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $599 + $395 at closing.
2. Flat Fee Realty
0.25% LISTING AGENT COMMISSION
Flat Fee Realty
- Listing Fee: $159 to $349 + 0.25% at closing
- 0.1% to 0.25% additional fees
- No credible reviews were found
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Changes Made Simple: With Flat Fee Realty you can make free status and price changes. Changes are important as casual errors can be corrected if present when the listing goes live.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. With a change of heart over selling your house, some of the listing fees will get refunded. After the listing process is completed by their broker, there are no refunds.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home in front of the right buyers are covered.
- Free Disclosures: Just like taxes, documentation is an important aspect of home selling. Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds. Buyer agents will not willingly agree to this deduction.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package that varies state to state. With this package, you get free listing changes and related disclosures.
However, Flat Fee Realty requires you to pay a minimum 2% buyer agent commission, 0.25% of which goes as a kickback to your listing agent. This means you end up paying a small commission to the listing agent at closing.
In Kansas, Flat Fee Realty offers to list your home at $249.
3. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience. However, look for the pros and cons of Flat Fee Group before choosing them.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. This raises the question is Flat Fee Group legit? Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
Since its founding in 2003, the Flat Fee Group has grown to serve clients throughout the United States by connecting independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers.
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee. However, it works with several flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
4. BuySelf Realty
BuySelf Realty offers 2-3 Flat Fee MLS packages depending on the state/county you are in.
- Common services include free disclosure forms, no hidden fees guarantee, showing requests will directly go to you, and a right MLS guarantee. The Total package usually contains a deluxe sign post and closing guarantee.
👉 Our Take: For a budget-friendly listing, we suggest going with the Standard package in any state/county as it covers all the key services at a reasonable price.
Founded by Albert Hepp, BuySelf Realty Inc is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that serves all the states in the U.S.
- Free Listing Changes: You can make as many changes as you want free of cost.
- Market Exposure: Your listing will be posted on hundreds of websites like Zillow.com, HomeFinder.com, Yahoo Real Estate, Trulia, and cyberhomes among others.
- Rush Service Available: They also offer their services hastily if you are looking to wrap things up quickly.
- Pay Later Option: This offer is available in all packages. It comes with a no-interest option but you have to pay in 6 months.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers of BuySelf Realty Inc.
- Minimal Offline Services: They do not provide in-person meetings with the listing agent. Only specific packages offer a session with a real estate professional to answer your queries.
- No Mobile App: Even though they offer support via phone or email, they do not have the convenient option of a mobile app.
Buyself Realty Ilc has an impeccable rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 243 total reviews on Google Reviews.
» BuySelf Realty Reviews: Check out the reviews of BuySelf Realty on Google Reviews!
BuySelf Realty offers its services across all the states and DC. With its cost-efficient packages, BuySelf Realty typically offers good services for first-time home sellers.
However, for a more complicated deal, you might need actual broker assistance which BuySelf Realty lacks.
They offer 1 Standard Package in Kansas for $399 + $500 at closing. This package has 6 month listing term with upto 20 photos.
5. I Sold My House
Low Tech, But Great Broker
ISoldMyHouse.com is an online real estate website operating since 1997. They offer the following packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: This plan will allow you to upload 6 photos. The listing term is 6 months.
- Get Sold – $399+: This plan includes 25 photos and a 6-month listing term.
Coverage in 8 States: ISoldMyHouse.com, through its affiliate, Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Take: We recommend ISoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it services itself. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
ISoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of ISoldMyHouse.com, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Strong Customer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com has an excellent 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google Reviews and the BBB. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
In our research, we found some deal breakers associated with ISoldMyHouse.com.
- Listing and Making Changes Takes Time: In the 42 states + DC where ISoldMyHouse.com does not offer its services, your information is forwarded to a local broker. This process is slow and it can take a few hours or even days to list your house.
- ISoldMyHouse.com is Not 100% Online: ISoldMyHouse.com does not provide any mobile app service to its customers.
ISoldMyHouse.com has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 88 reviews on Better Business Bureau and Google.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Reviews: Check out these reviews before choosing them.
iSoldMyHouse is a great choice in the 8 states it covers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of iSoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., iSoldMyHouse.com is only a referral service. They act as a middleman and will sell your information to a local broker who will help you list on MLS.
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package.
7. Best Choice Flat Fee
Best Choice Flat Fee
- Listing Fee: $399-$1,995
- Additional Fees: 0.2% to 0.375% of sales price
- No credible reviews were found.
Best Choice Flat Fee offers 3-4 packages depending on the state. Each one varies in pricing and services.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee MLS packages are pricing, review, and closing assistance. You will get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
👉 Our Take: For a better MLS listing and faster sale we recommend going with the full-service package.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who directly work with the Flat Fee Group. They provide flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You are provided with all proper disclosures and contracts in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded to You: All buyer leads are forwarded to you with no middle-man involvement. This service is available in all the packages.
In our research, we came across some drawbacks that you need to know.
- No Mobile App: Best Choice Flat Fee does not have a mobile app to make your process smoother.
- Expensive Plans: They offer basic listing services at a high cost. The same services are available at better prices from other sites.
- No Credible Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no credible reviews from trusted sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
Best Choice Flat Fee has no credible reviews.
Best Choice Flat Fee is led by broker Eddie Davis. It is a national group of independent real estate brokers. Although Best Choice Flat fee offers a wide range of plans it is not cost-effective.
They do not have any credible reviews from trusted sites and if you opt for them it could end up being a risk.
In Kansas, the Basic Plan at $299 is available in all areas. In Topeka, the plan is $699, and in Kansas City and Wichita, it is $799. You will have to pay an extra Broker fee of $395 with all plans except Basic (where a 0.033% closing fee is applied).
🚩 Beware: Kansas Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Kansas Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Kansas Pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Kansas Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service KS is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Kansas Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Kansas. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in KS service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Kansas MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Kansas with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing schedule, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
KS Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Kansas: Some Flat Fee MLS Kansas companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Kansas: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Kansas. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Kansas home sale calculator
Alternatives to Kansas Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS KS companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Kansas discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Kansas realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Wichita and other Kansas markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Kansas.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Kansas make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Kansas and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Kansas: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. You can opt to list your home with a Kansas Flat Fee listing agent.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Kansas. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Companies in Kansas
What is the Top Flat Fee MLS Company In Kansas?
Houzeo is the top Flat Fee MLS company in Kansas. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
How long will it take for my MLS listing to go live on Houzeo?
The stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in Texas, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal In Kansas?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Kansas. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
- Best Time to Sell a House in Kansas: Read to know when to put your Kansas home for sale.
- Closing Costs Calculator Kansas Seller: Know how much you need to pay as Closing Costs.
- How to Sell a House by Owner in Kansas: Save thousands in commissions by selling your home by owner in Kansas.
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Kansas: A typical buyer in Kansas may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Kansas.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Kansas: Find out who pays closing costs in Kansas and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Kansas: Read more to find out how much title insurance costs in Kansas.
Related: flat fee mls kansas city, flat fee mls kansas, flat fee mls listing kansas city, Kansas MLS, Kansas MLS Real Estate, MLS in Kansas city, MLS search Kansas, MLS Kansas, mls listings kansas city ks, mls for kansas, kansas real estate, multiple listing service kansas, kansas real estate commission, mls listings kansas city, kansas city mls listings, mls listings kansas city ks, flat fee mls listing kansas city, mls listings kansas, mls listings kansas city mo, kansas flat fee listing
flat fee realtor kansas, mls flat fee kansas, flat rate realtors near me, kansas mls flat fee, low cost real estate listing, real estate companies in kansas, flat fee mls for sale by owner, flat fee mls ks, mls listings kansas city area, fsbo kansas, fsbo kansas city, flat fee mls listing, flat fee real estate brokers, flat fee real estate brokers near me, flat rate realtors, best flat fee mls listing service, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, flat fee realtor kansas city, kansas mansions for sale, kansas flat, mls wichita ks, wichita mls home search, flat kansas, is kansas flat, kansas flatUncategorized