Flat Fee Group is a network of independent real estate agents who help you list your property on the MLS for a flat fee.
They have an outdated platform that home sellers may find difficult to navigate. In contrast to other Flat Fee Listing Services, they don’t have customizable packages to fit your requirements.
Let’s dive deep into Flat Fee Group reviews, dealbreakers, and alternatives.
- Pros: Your agent information is disclosed beforehand. Agents vary state-wise.
- Cons: Their home selling process is super tedious. Also, their prices vary heavily throughout states.
- Our Take: We don’t recommend Flat Fee Group for inexperienced sellers. Houzeo offers better MLS listing packages, a powerful seller dashboard, and stellar customer support. Compare Flat Fee Group vs. Houzeo
What is Flat Fee Group?
Flat Fee Group is a national network of independent real estate agents who offer their services for a flat fee, in each state.
Each REALTOR® is mentioned on their website, based on the state they practice in. Since there are no credible reviews online, you’ll have to vet them before choosing their services.
What we don’t like is that in some cases, one real estate agent is responsible for over 7 states. This can affect their availability, increasing your leg work.
Although Flat Fee Group has near nationwide coverage, we can’t vouch for the quality of customer support sellers receive. This is because the customer ratings aren’t available. Additionally, the process isn’t 100% online.
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience. However, look for the pros and cons of Flat Fee Group before choosing them.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. This raises the question is Flat Fee Group legit? Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
👉 List with Houzeo and have exposure to the technology only real estate agents have access to, making it as seamless as possible!
Is Flat Fee Group Legit?
Yes, the Flat Fee Group is legitimate. They have been in the flat-fee real estate business since 2000.
An FSBO home-seller can use Flat Fee Group to list their home on the local MLS. However, you’ll be required to follow up every now and then.
Flat Fee Group isn’t a brokerage, it is an organization formed by a number of brokers who work independently. It isn’t clear who owns the company.
Although, we found that Best Choice Flat Fee is also run by the same brokers. On this site, they offer more services for much cheaper rates than Flat Fee Group.
How Does Flat Fee Group Work?
Flat Fee Group.com helps sellers advertise their property on the MLS for a flat fee instead of 2.5% – 3% of the home sale price.
The company does not list properties or offer services of its own but rather refers the listing to an agent in the seller’s region.
The Flat Fee Group Process:
The process works in these simple steps:
- Choose a State: You select a state from the map on the home page to list your home.
- Select a Flat-Fee MLS Listing Package: Select the desired flat fee MLS listing package. The variation of services provided and price ranges – depending on your state.
- Sign Up: After choosing the package, sign up by entering your payment details. Next,
- Fill out the Forms: Submit all the necessary details.
- Upload photos on MLS: Add the photos of your property to the MLS listing as per your package.
- List Your Home: They claim to list your home within 24 to 48 hours.
Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group
For most home sellers, Houzeo offers far better value with no nickel and diming. Houzeo plans are customizable according to your needs. This means no surprises.
Plus, Houzeo mobile app and web technology will make your listing and sale a pleasant experience!
|Flat Fee Group||Houzeo|
|Listing Fee||Varies state-wise||$349 Flat Fee|
|Customer Rating||No credible reviews online||4.9 stars (1,083 reviews)|
|Coverage||Not available in MT & NM||47 states + Washington D.C.|
|Counter an Offer||❌||✅|
|Request Highest and Best Offer||❌||✅|
|Home Inspection Dashboard||❌||✅|
Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Group
Let’s look at certain pros and cons of Flat Fee Group for a better understanding of their services.
✅ Things We Like about Flat Fee Group:
Flat Fee MLS companies offer certain benefits over the traditional home-selling model. Let’s see how Flat Fee Group matches up to these expectations:
- Seller Disclosures and Addendums Available: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums needed to sell or lease your property.
- Market Exposure: Your property will be listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, and Yahoo Homes.
- Agent Transparency: You can easily find the contact details of the real estate agent in your state on their website. This gives you an opportunity to vet them in advance.
❌ Challenges Faced with Flat Fee Group:
Flat Fee Group has a few drawbacks compared to other Flat Fee MLS companies.
- No Fixed Flat Fee: Flat Fee Group’s costs can differ significantly from one state to another.
- Below-Par Tech: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online, making the process manual and time-consuming.
- Not for Inexperienced Sellers: You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. Flat Fee Group may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or need hand-holding.
- No Credible Flat Fee Group Reviews: There aren’t any Flat Fee Group reviews available online.
How Much Does Listing a House with Flat Fee Group Cost?
Flat Fee Group’s costs can differ significantly from one state to another. Each flat fee listing package offered comes at a steeper price than the last. In fact, in Iowa, the full-service package is offered at $1995 + 3% at closing.
- In Florida, you have to choose packages ranging from $177-895 and pay a flat fee.
- In Wisconsin, the listing packages start from $299, but you pay 1% at closing in the full-services package.
Flat Fee Group is nearer to a referral company than a flat fee company. This means the costs will vary depending on your state and the agent you’re assigned. The agents operate independently, so the services can be inconsistent.
✅Choose Houzeo and sell your house while saving 3% on Listing Agent Commission!
Customer Reviews: What do the Customers have to Say?
There aren’t many credible Flat Fee Group reviews available online. This is because Flat Fee Group is a coalition of real estate brokers. So, you’ll have to individually go through the agents’ profiles online to check them out.
Also, their technology is quite dated and they provide limited services online. Most of their competitors offer a full online service and more advanced dashboards.
- 👉 Houzeo offers 100% online, tech-efficient, and seamless flat fee listing services. Work with the best of the best!
Best Alternatives to Flat Fee Group
If Flat Fee Group’s barebones services didn’t excite you, here are two alternate companies you can consider:
Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
It is a 100% online MLS listing website with thousands of customer reviews. Houzeo covers 47 states and DC, offering near-nationwide coverage.
Beycome’s technology allows you to complete the entire listing process 100% online. Further, you get free access to all legal forms and disclosures without any additional costs.
Their customer support can provide you with expert assistance on all 7 days of the week in English and Spanish.
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Still looking for more options? We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
Other Options You Should Consider
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes available in the market. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive. However, they can be pretty expensive.
In a nutshell,
- Their prices vary drastically, but they are transparent.
- In many cases, there is only one REALTOR®️ handling multiple states, so you might not get personalized services.
- Inexperienced sellers might struggle with their expensive pricing and inefficient tech.
- They have no credible online reviews.
If you’re seeking a way to save money that is guaranteed, Houzeo makes it possible! Our basic and premium packages are more comprehensive than those offered by other real estate platforms. Shop around and choose wisely!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Flat Fee Group deliver?
Flat Fee Group has no credible customer reviews online, so we can't say for sure.
2. Can you list your house on MLS without a realtor?
Technically, no. To use the MLS, you must work with a licensed brokerage or agent. The MLS is only for real estate agents, but you can use one to enter your listing and provide no other services.
3. How do you get a flat-fee listing on MLS?
A flat fee MLS listing service will list your home on the MLS at a flat rate. The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is an online regional database of homes for sale. An MLS advertises these properties to local real estate agents.
4. What is a flat-fee realtor?
A flat-fee realtor is a licensed real estate professional who will list your home for a one-time flat fee rather than a percentage of the sale price.
5. Is Flat Fee MLS good?
Yes! Savings are a big advantage of flat rate MLS listing services. You won't have to pay a listing agent's 3% commission. Rather, a flat-fee service often costs a few hundred dollars. So you only pay for what you need and save money. Check out Houzeo!
Related: flat fee mls reviews, flat fee mls realty reviews, flatfeegroup.com reviews, houzzeo, hozeo, housezo, houszeo, flatfeegroup, flatfee mls listing service reviews.Flat Fee Group Reviews Real Estate Reviews