ListingSpark is a real estate brokerage firm and For Sale By Owner platform. It caters to a select few markets in Texas. In this blog, we’ll give you the skinny on ListingSpark pricing, services, ListingSpark reviews, and whether their $7/day model is legit or not.
- It is NOT $7/Day: ListingSpark bills monthly. An average home sells in 55-70 days. So budget at least $588. Likely more in the current market.
- High Hidden Fees: ListingSpark charges a $196 Termination Fee, $350 Transaction Coordination Fee (if no buyer’s agent), and fees related to Spark Title.
- Basic Technology: ListingSpark technology does not help you manage showings or offers. The listing is also manual, so time to list and to make listing changes is high.
- Bottom Line: For most Texas home sellers, we recommend listing with Houzeo instead. Houzeo has great reviews, no hidden fees, and is fast!
What is ListingSpark?
ListingSpark is an FSBO listing platform and a licensed real estate brokerage firm based out of Texas with headquarters in Austin, TX.
It helps you list your home on Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for $7/day, skipping the seller’s agent commission. Owned by Aaron Jistel, the company also provides title and closing services under their title company, SparkTitle.
ListingSpark real estate services, however, have significant downsides.
How Does ListingSpark Work?
⭐ STEP 1- Select a Package
Select one of the two ListingSpark real estate packages to list your home on MLS:
Package 1: $7/day pay-as-you-go
Package 2: 0.5% of the sales price at closing
⭐ STEP 2- Enter Property Details to List Your Home
Describe your listing, and upload photos and videos of your home to create an appealing virtual tour of your home.
Once payment and details are verified, ListingSpark will list your home on MLS and other real estate platforms for a daily fee.
⭐ STEP 3- Manage Showings
Interested buyers will contact you for showings and inquiries upon finding your home on any of the listing sites.
⭐ STEP 4- Sell Your Home
When you’ve decided to move on with one of the offers, you can enlist the help of ListingSpark’s services to get the paperwork started.
How Will ListingSpark Help You as a Seller?
- Technical Support
ListingSpark will list your home on MLS, but you will be left to handle all inquiries and sales processes on your own. As a first-time FSBO seller, this can be overwhelming.
- Agent on Demand
If you want further help in selling your home, you can hire one of their real estate agents for $975. The agent will help you with negotiations, pricing review, and contract compliance.
- Title and Closing Services
ListingSpark offers title insurance and escrow services under Spark Title. Spark Title is in Austin, TX.
- Other Services
Lockbox: A real estate lockbox is a padlock-shaped device attached to the doorknob of your house. It secures the house and gives access to buyer’s agents who undertake the showings.
Photography: ListingSpark provides a professional photography service to help you create a visually appealing tour of your house.
Yard Sign: ListingSpace delivers to you a For Sale yard sign as a part of their basic service.
💲 All The Benefits and Maximum Savings
Sell your house by owner with Houzeo technology for a flat fee of $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
$7/day Listing Fee: What’s the Catch?
- It is NOT $7/Day, You’ll be Billed Monthly
The charges of ListingSpark real estate services are accrued on a 28-day billing cycle. So, even if you choose the $7/day subscription plan, you will be billed for $196 every 28 days for as long as you list with them.
- Charges Add Up As You List Longer
On average, a house sits on the market for 55-70 days. Going by the $7/day listing fee, it’ll cost you almost $500 to list your home on MLS. So, the longer your home sits on the market, the higher the charges you’ll pay.
- You’ll Pay $196 Termination Fee if You Cancel Subscription
If you opt to cancel the subscription before the sale of your house, you will need to pay a minimum termination cost of $196.
- You’ll Be Charged $350 For Unrepresented Buyer
As a seller on the MLS, you are required to offer a commission to a buyer’s agent. For an unrepresented buyer, however, you may be charged a Transaction Facilitation Fee of $350 at the closing.
- Spark Title Involves High Closing Costs
ListingSpark makes an extra $$$ from their affiliated title company SparkTitle. SparkTitle opens a title for you for free once you sign up for ListingSpark, but you’ll pay multiple fees at the closing stage.
- Lockbox Facility Has No Guarantees
ListingSpark offers a locking service, but it’s not guaranteed to deter theft or unauthorized entry. The site specifies that it does not always control who has access to any lockbox. So, ListingSpark won’t be responsible for determining whether a lockbox has been used. In case of any damage or theft, you will have to pay $150 lockbox fees.
ListingSpark offers Flat Fee MLS services in only one state, Texas.
ListingSpark covers the markets of Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Waco, Bryan/College Station, Corpus Christi, and Killeen/Temple.
- 💡 FACT: Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS & For Sale By Owner Packages are available nationwide. Find your state here.
ListingSpark: Pros and Cons
- Lists your property on MLS and other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, etc.
- Provides For Sale sign, professional photography service, and lockbox facility.
- Responsive to emails and phone calls.
- User-friendly interface that helps you navigate and manage your listing easily.
- $7/day Pay-as-you-go plan becomes costly in the long run. It doesn’t cover most services needed to make home selling hassle-free and successful.
- Operates only in Texas.
- You pay a buyer’s agent commission as a Transaction Facilitation Fee if the buyer is unrepresented.
- You pay a termination cost if you decide to terminate your listing at any point.
ListingSpark Customer Reviews
Most ListingSpark reviewers praise their strong customer service but highlight their additional costs.
1. Brenda in Texas raved about their customer service.
2. Stephanie praised ListingSpark’s easy listing process and responsive staff.
3. Garrett highlighted ListingSpark’s unexpected closing costs.
4. Barry highlighted ListingSpark’s additional costs he was unaware of.
Who is ListingSpark Suitable For?
- Sellers who don’t care about the additional charges.
- Experienced sellers who already know the steps involved in selling a property and who can manage most things on their own.
- Home sellers who have a hot property that can sell fast.
Best Cost-Effective Alternatives to ListingSpark
We suggest some better alternatives to list property on MLS. Since most of the following companies offer flat fee MLS and services with no additional fees, it will ensure that your listing experience is stress-free.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars (3,686 total reviews) on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Creekview Realty
Creekview Realty is an MLS listing company that offers its services to FSBO home sellers in Texas.
Packages: Creekview Realty Offers 2 expensive MLS listing packages including one full-representation package.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Creekview Realty charges $225 for professional photography and $100 for comparative market analysis. They also have a refundable $100 deposit for the Realtor keybox. Getting an additional yard sign is also chargeable by $50.
👉 Our Take: Compared to Houzeo’s economical packages, Creekview Realty’s packages are more expensive. Their additional charges for photography, CMA, etc make them a costly choice for sellers who want to save money. Houzeo’s services carry no hidden charges whatsoever.
» For Sale By Owner Websites: Read to know about the best FSBO websites.
- Limited social media exposure.
- Expensive packages compared to other Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas.
- Photography & Comparative Market Analysis is chargeable.
- $100 refundable deposit for Electronic Realtor keybox.
Creekview Realty has 4.5 out of 5 ratings on Yelp.
Creekview Realty offers its services to all of Texas.
🤔Should You List With ListingSpark?
We do not recommend ListingSpark to most Texas home sellers. The service has just too many additional charges that are not fully transparent in the $7/day slogan. Houzeo discloses all charges upfront.
» Flat Fee MLS Texas: Check out our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS services in Texas!
1. What is ListingSpark in real estate?
ListingSpark is a tech-driven Austin-based FSBO listing platform and a real estate brokerage firm that helps you to list your home on Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for a subscription fee.
2. Is Listing Spark legit?
While ListingSpark is a legit licensed brokerage firm, the claim of $7/day has many layers of additional costs that may plunge you into losses rather than gains at the end.
Related: Listing Sparks, Listing Spark Reviews, ListingSpark Reviews, Listing Spark, Aaron Jistel, Aaron Jistel Listing Spark, ListingSpark Hidden Costs, Listing Spark Real Estate