Brokerless Inc. is a nationwide referral company that provides MLS listings for a $99 flat fee. Sellers can list their properties on the MLS using any one of three MLS packages and begin their home selling journey.
Sellers utilizing these MLS plans must complete all formalities through Brokerless’s web platform. In our experience, this platform lacks the necessary technology to navigate a successful home sale.
Let’s see if the selling experience matches other Brokerless reviews, or if it falls short of its competitors.
- Pros: Brokerless’s listing service will get you on the MLS for just $99 with no hidden costs. They list your property on 20+ websites, such as Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, etc., and on the local Florida MLS network.
- Cons: The user platform created by Brokerless is sub-standard and lacks basic features like a property database, recent sales, and a well-designed user interface.
- Our Take: We do not recommend Brokerless for most home sellers. Houzeo offers better packages, cutting-edge technology, and stellar customer experience. Compare Brokerless vs. Houzeo.
In this review, we’ll analyze Brokerless’s selling process and their MLS package features to understand if they are genuinely beneficial for home sellers.
What is Brokerless?
Brokerless Inc. is a nationwide referral company that offers sellers three MLS listing packages at $99, $149 and $189. These plans have same the features, but the addition in listing duration and photographs have increased the plan prices.
Brokerless provides a web platform for sellers to complete the initial MLS listing formalities. Sellers use this platform to pay for the MLS package, upload property photos and share relevant documents to activate their listing.
Brokerless Inc. provides 3 Flat Fee MLS listing packages to home sellers.
- $99 MLS: This package includes a listing term of 6 months on local MLS and Realtor.com with 6 photos. It also provides you with the required forms & state disclosures. Your contact will be shown on the MLS for buyers to contact you.
- $149 MLS: This package offers you a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos. All other services offered are similar to the $99 package.
- $188 MLS: This package offers you a listing term of 12 months and 25 photos. Other services are same as the previous two packages.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Brokerless for your property listing. Low technology and unavailability of a seller dashboard makes the site dull.
Brokerless is a nationwide referral company that offers for sale by owner services to home sellers nationwide.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, MSN.com, and hundreds of other local real estate websites.
- Low-Priced Packages: Brokerless offers affordable packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Seller Disclosures: All the state-required disclosures and forms are provided in all their packages.
- Free Status Change: You can change the status of your listing with Brokerless anytime you find a buyer.
In our research, we found the following drawbacks with Brokerless Inc.
- Additional 0.25% Fee at Closing: Brokerless Inc. refers your listings in Long Island to ListWithFreedom.com or other Flat Fee Brokers. They typically charge a 0.25% fee at closing. So make sure to read the listing agreement carefully!
- No Home Valuation: None of the packages provide comparative market analysis for home valuation.
- Low on Tech: Brokerless operates with a basic website that shortfalls a seller dashboard and a mobile app.
Brokerless Inc. has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars from 33 total reviews on Google Reviews.
Is Brokerless Legit?
Yes, Brokerless is a legitimate company. It was founded in 2006 by Jack Laufer. You can find a few customer reviews and their company profile on different websites. However, we did not find any verified sales records during our research.
How Does Brokerless Work?
The process to list your property with Brokerless is easy, even for first time sellers.
- Select an MLS plan: You begin your journey by selecting an MLS plan. You then proceed to pay for it and submit the payment and contact information as asked.
- Submit seller information: After paying for the MLS, you are required to send through all relevant documents through fax or email. You also have to send property photographs which will be listed on various websites.
- The MLS listing is activated hereafter. You can view the MLS listing on Realtor.com within 24 to 48 hours of submitting all required documentation.
What Does Brokerless Offer?
MLS Package Features
Brokerless has categorized their plans into three MLS packages:
- $99 MLS By Owner – This is the entry-level MLS package that offers 6 months listing on local MLS and Realtor.com along with 20+ popular websites, selecting Buyer’s agent commission, state forms, disclosures with 6 property images upload limit.
- $149 MLS By Owner – The second MLS package, inclusive of all features from the $99 package. However, this package allows you to upload 25 images instead of 6 in comparison to the $99 MLS package.
- $188 MLS By Owner – The third and final package, also the most expensive of all three MLS packages. This package is inclusive of all the $149 package features. Here, sellers can list their property for 12 months instead of 6 on the MLS and other websites.
Brokerless’s online platform is not equipped to match any of the current industry standards. It lacks the following key features:
- Listing Platform: Simply put, Brokerless does not have a well-designed listing platform. When you visit the website, you only see the MLS Plans and package details with other basic information.
- Offers Platform: You don’t have access to technology to review, compare, and counter offers.
- Request Highest and Best Offer: Brokerless’s website does not have a section to compare and request offers on your property. This means, you are not given the option to negotiate better prices for your listing on the website.
- Real-estate App: Brokerless has not developed a real estate app. Without it, most sellers miss out on the nationwide buyer network which could help them in selling their properties speedily.
Is Brokerless’s Pricing Competitive?
The $99 MLS plan does seem like a steal at first glance. However, it only covers the MLS listing and the mandatory seller disclosures in the state, with a few basic features.
On the other hand, Houzeo’s Gold Plan gives sellers many exciting and useful features with a powerful seller dashboard. Sellers can securely manage the property selling using all these features. Check out Houzeo’s Gold MLS package here!
Brokerless vs Houzeo
Houzeo’s remarkable web-platform has benefitted thousands of home sellers in their home selling journey. These sellers not only recommend Houzeo to their peers, but also continue using it actively for their current real estate needs.
Houzeo’s packages are designed in a way to help sellers independently manage their home selling. Plus, Houzeo’s real estate mobile app paired with their web platform helps the selling process navigate seamlessly.
|Listing Fee||$99||$349 Flat Fee|
|Customer Rating||4.6 stars (22 reviews on BBB)||4.9 stars (1,022 reviews)|
|Coverage||50 states (through Realtor.com)||47 states + Washington D.C.|
|Unlimited Listing Changes||❌||✅|
|Counter an Offer||❌||✅|
|Request Highest and Best Offer||❌||✅|
|Home Inspection Dashboard||❌||✅|
Where Does Brokerless Offer Its Services?
Brokerless Inc. is licensed in Florida state and offers MLS coverage in its 67 counties. They claim to offer nationwide coverage for their referral services.
On the other hand, Houzeo covers 47 states and Washington D.C. further listing your properties on Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia and 100+ national websites. Sellers can choose from any of these Houzeo’s packages and benefit their home selling.
✅ Advantages Of Using Brokerless
Flat Fee MLS companies offer certain benefits over the traditional home-selling model. Check out what Brokerless has to offer :
- Upfront Fee Instead of Listing Commission: Brokerless lets you access the MLS for $99. So, you save money on agent commissions which are 2.5% to 3% of the home sales price.
- Quick Listing : Brokerless’s listings get activated on the MLS in 4 easy steps. This makes the home-selling process easier, and you can fill out the listing documents instantly.
- Additional Exposure: Brokerless lists your house on the MLS along with 20+ websites like Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtor.com, etc. which help you reach deeper markets.
⛔ Disadvantages Of Using Brokerless
Brokerless’s drawbacks are evident and can cause a sizeable impact on sellers as they miss out on these key features:
- Mediocre technology: The web-platform offered by Brokerless is more of an information portal than a web-platform. Managing your property listing on such a platform might impact your property sale, as per some Brokerless reviews.
- No option for Listing Changes: Neither of the three MLS packages provide the option to change or modify your property listing.
- No Direct Offer option: There is no provision made on the Brokerless platform for buyers to make direct offers on any properties. So sellers have to rely on the buyer agents or email inquiries to bring in buyers for the property.
- Lack of Critical Home-Selling Services: Brokerless uses relatively age-old technology to process your listing. Additionally, they do not offer any platform to manage and compare offers leaving you at a disadvantage.
You find past Brokerless customers expressing their selling experience through various Brokerless reviews. These reviews have helped Brokerless achieve a 4.6 star rating out of 5 (from 22 reviews) on Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Along with the positives, you also find some negative Brokerless reviews. The highlighted complaints mention inconsistent experiences with their home selling & hidden costs.
✅Bryce speaks of how her long-time association with Brokerless helped her in selling her property.
We have been working with **** exclusively for several years now as our go-to broker for listings. He is very professional, easy to work with, and quick to respond. He has made the process of listing a property so simple and I highly recommend him to anyone looking to list their property on the ****
✅ Deb’s experience with Brokerless is reassuring and adds to many such positive Brokerless reviews.
Was hesitant at first. No exaggeration, they were great in every way. I was inexperienced so I asked a lot of questions, no problem. What they describe is exactly what you get to the tee. Will be doing another listing in a couple of weeks. Really happy I took a chance
⛔Lori’s review of her negative interaction with Brokerless’s members shows a completely different side.
I called this brokerage and spoke to the gentlemen. He rushed me in a condesending patronizing way. I was rushed to get out much information and not able to speak. I will not use this company after being told to get my ducks in a row before calling with questions again. BTW, all my ducks are in a row. I’m a former realtor and would never speak to a potential customer / client the way he spoke to me.
⛔James’s shocking experience emphasizes why it is necessary to “read the fine print.” This is an eye-opener for all.
Very unhappy with the service. I do believe that you would get it listed on the MLS (I didn’t have mine listed)…There are tons of hidden fees and clauses…900.00 fee paperwork…Also 100.00 per signature from the broker… And when I asked for a refund ( I hadn’t listed it yet) I was pressured to list it by the listing agent…I wouldn’t recommend them. I just wish they’d of explained more on the website about the fees.
Brokerless’s Customer Service: How to reach them?
Here’s how you can reach out to Brokerless’s customer service:
Registered address (as on BBB) – 1958 S Landing Way Weston, FL 33326-2384
📞 Contact Number: 305-772-1173 – Can speak to a company member.
💻 Website: brokerless.com / brokerlessmls.com
Best Alternatives to Brokerless: Effective & Reliable
If Brokerless’s barebones services didn’t excite you, here are two companies you can consider:
1. Houzeo.com: Houzeo offers the best features with maximum savings, advanced technology and superior customer support. It covers 47 states and DC, offering near-nationwide coverage.
2. Beycome.com: Beycome’s technology allows you to complete the entire listing process 100% online. You get free access to all legal forms and disclosures. Their customer support provides support 7 days a week in English and Spanish.
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Near Me
Still looking for more options? We’ve compiled a list of the best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
Other Options To Consider After Reading Brokerless Reviews
Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes available in the market. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast.
Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual companies that buy houses for cash make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
Bottomline: Should You Sell Your House with Brokerless?
We do not recommend Brokerless for first-time home sellers. While the $99 flat fee is attractive, the absence of a well-developed user platform and limited plan offerings could complicate your sale.
Houzeo is the best For Sale By Owner MLS service provider. With its superior web-platform and the real estate app, Houzeo has it all covered – be it a seasoned professional or a first time seller.
Go for Houzeo’s Gold MLS Package. It is comprehensive and affordable, ensuring you a well-equipped home-selling experience.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does Brokerless's flat fee access package include?
Brokerless offers a $99 flat fee package along with two other higher-priced MLS packages that provide a basic listing of your property on the MLS platform.
2. Where does Brokerless offer its services?
Brokerless is based in Florida state and offers local MLS services in all the 67 state counties. They claim to offer nationwide coverage for their referral services.
3. What are the major Brokerless.com complaints?
Brokerless's complaints mostly focus on inconsistent & unprofessional customer service. The inefficiency due to the lack of technology does not allow sellers to manage showings easily and compare and counter offers online.
4. Can you list on the MLS yourself?
Yes, you can list it as For Sale by Owner on the MLS. You don’t need an agent to do that. A simple flat-fee package would allow you to list your property on the MLS.