California’s real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But so far, home prices have appreciated 21.2% in the past year. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions.
That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save $21,000 in average real estate agent commissions! That’s where our rankings of Flat Fee MLS California services come in handy.
Rankings: Best Flat Fee MLS California Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer & Showing Management||Negotiation Support||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Congress Realty||$299||$50-$800||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Yager Realty||$299-$999||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. MLS Town||$99-$295||$300||❌||❌||💲||❌||❌|
|7. Flat Fee Guru||$595-$3995||None||❌||❌||💲||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in California
- 📌In California, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $299, the Silver at $399, the Gold at $499 and the Platinum at $399 + 0.75% at closing.
- Listing Fee: $349+
- Available nationwide
- 4.9/ 5.0 (4,018 reviews)
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Manage your showings online
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
- Listing Fee: $99 - $599
- Available throughout IL
- 4.5/5.0 (338 reviews)
beycome has the 2nd best technology, after Houzeo.com. It also has decent reviews, so you know that the customer service is good.
Packages: Beycome offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages.
- Basic Package – $99: This package allows maximum pictures on the MLS and unlimited changes to your listing. You get free legal forms and disclosures, a free open house scheduler, and a tool to manage home visits.
- Enhanced Package – $399: With all the features of the Basic Package, this package includes a yard sign, a featured listing on Beycome’s website, flyers, and brochures, and one key lockbox. Additionally, you also get the option to add a virtual tour video to your listing.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: This is essentially a virtual full-service package that includes assistance till closing. They charge 1% of the sale price at closing with this package.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable, and their technology is useful. However, their reviews are only decent and they have limited coverage. You are better off with Houzeo since they have near-nationwide coverage and stellar customer reviews.
🚩 You Should Know: The $99 package requires a mandatory $25 cancelation fee. The virtual full-service package has a 1% commission, which according to us is very high.
» beycome Reviews: Read our in-depth review on beycome.
- You can easily switch to a full-service package.
- You can set up a free web page along with listing your property on the MLS.
- Their packages are expensive.
- You will rely on what the agents bring you, buyers.
- No “search homes” feature for buyers.
- Only one flat fee MLS listing package; the other two are full-service options and are priced higher.
- The MLS package allows only a few photos and a few changes to your property listing.
beycome has 4.5 out of 5 stars (338 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google.
beycome covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Alabama, Connecticut, Minnesota, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS Companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia
- Flat Fee MLS Illinois: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Illinois
- Flat Fee MLS Alabama: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alabama
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
- Flat Fee MLS Minnesota: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Minnesota
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina
3. Congress Realty
- Listing Fee: $299 - $499
- List within 48 hours
- 4.9/ 5 (48 reviews)
Founded by J. Andrew English, Congress Realty offers Flat Fee MLS listing services at affordable prices.
Packages: Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full service package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months and 4 photos. Other services include access to all state forms & disclosures, Showing Appointment Tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic package. Maximum number of photos are allowed and you get to make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services of the Plus Package with unlimited open house postings, social media featured listing and unlimited free listing changes.
- Full Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
👉 Our Take: Compared to Houzeo, Congress Realty is low on tech. But if you are ok with some manual processes, it might be a good option for you.
🚩 You Should Know: Congress Realty charges $50-$350 for additional services like yard signs and lockboxes. Most other services include these with their packages.
- Customizable packages, perfect for home sellers who know which service to spend on
- Listing syndicated to other websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com
- Free Comparative Market Analysis report on request
- Unlimited changes to your listing
- Only one package, which is slightly more expensive than their competitor’s basic package
- Additional costs for adding more photos and phone forwarding services
Congress Realty has a (48 total reviews) on Google.
Congress Realty is available in multiple states and is licensed in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS Alaska: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alaska
- Flat Fee MLS Arizona: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Arizona
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
- Flat Fee MLS Idaho: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Idaho
- Flat Fee MLS Louisiana: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Louisiana
- Flat Fee MLS Montana: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Montana
- Flat Fee MLS Nevada: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Nevada
- Flat Fee MLS New Mexico: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New Mexico
- Flat Fee MLS Oregon: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Oregon
- Flat Fee MLS Texas: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Texas
- Flat Fee MLS Utah: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Utah
- Flat Fee MLS Washington: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Washington
4. Yager Realty
- Listing Fee: $299 - $999
- List within 48 hours
- 4.8/5 (45 reviews)
Yager Realty is one the top Flat Fee MLS Listing Service that operates throughout the state of California.
Packages: Yager Realty offers 3 attractive Flat Fee MLS California packages namely Bronze, Silver and Gold.
- Bronze Plan – $299: This is Yager Realty’s basic package and includes 15 photos, 6-month listing, and only email support. This plan does not offer any forms, contracts, or disclosure documents.
- Silver Plan – $399: This is their best best flat fee MLS California plan. They offer Contracts, Forms, Disclosure Documents, and property flyers in addition to the services of the Bronze Package.
- Gold Plan – $999 + $150: This package includes ‘Hire a Coach’ service. You can upload a maximum of 35 photos. It offers phone and email assistance but has admin closing fees of $150.
- Platinum Plan – $699 + 0.75%: Yager Realty offers full services at $699 + 0.75% closing charges.
👉 Our Take: Yager Realty’s Flat Fee MLS California packages are expensive. With Houzeo’s affordable packages, you can get all the services at a much lower price. Moreover, Houzeo is 100% online. The listing process takes less than 60 minutes.
- Multiple customizable packages
- Excellent for sellers who know everything about California real estate
- No substantial support for sellers with the base package
- Cancellation fees are too high
Yager Realty has a 4.8 out of 5 stars (45 total reviews) on Google.
Yager Realty covers most of California.
5. MLS Town
- Listing Fee: $95 - $295
- List within 48 hours
- 4.9/ 5 (45 reviews)
MLS Town is a hybrid Flat Fee realtor in California that offers three Flat Fee MLS packages and one Full-Service Listing package for listing your property on the Northern California Multiple Listing Service.
Packages: MLS Town provides three California Flat Fee MLS Packages and one full service package.
- Basic Package – $95: MLS Town’s basic package allows 8 images and a 3-month listing period. Furthermore, you are unable to make any alterations or set up Open Houses. Offer and Negotiation Support will be charged if needed!
- Best Value Pack – $295: You can list your home for a year with this option and add up to 16 photos. Listing support is free for the first 30 minutes, after which you’ll have to pay $75/30 min, and $50 for MLS Market Analysis (CMA).
- Premium Package – Price varies: You can get unlimited Listing Changes, MLS Market Analysis (CMA), and Offer Negotiation & Support, as well 2 years listing term or until sold or canceled.
- Full-Service Package – 1% Commission: You get the assistance of a Listing Broker for which they charge a 1% commission at closing.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend MLS Town. The $75/30 min fee for listing support is a deal breaker for us.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: MLS Town charges $75 for every 30 minutes of customer support. This can add up quick if you end up with questions. Most other services include this for free.
- Hybrid flat fee MLS packages
- Budget-conscious sellers savor base package
- Support for listing, offer negotiations is chargeable
- Only available in select markets for Northern California real estate listings
MLS Town has a 4.9 out of 5 stars (45 total reviews) on Google.
Covers 24 counties in Northern California.
- Listing Fee: $95
- List within 24 hours
- 4.7/5.0 (44 reviews)
Homecoin is a tech-centric, Flat-Fee MLS platform registered in San Diego, California and now offers its services in 9 other states. Homecoin lures home sellers with its “affordable” FSBO listing. They provide a clunky online dashboard that makes complex FSBO listing paperwork more difficult.
Package: Homecoin offers 1 Flat Fee MLS listing package.
- Basic Package – $95 + a la carte charges: This package includes a listing term of 12 months with 10 free listing changes. You get to upload the maximum number of photos. Additionally, you get free calls and email forwarding. Homecoin has inflated the rates of for-sale yard signs, a $49 sign is sold at $97.
🚩 You Should Know: Homecoin charges additional fees during the FSBO transaction, and these hidden fees range from $450 to $2,999.
👉 Our Take: Selling your home with Homecoin can be quite expensive as they charge a hefty amount for extra services.
» Homecoin Reviews: Is the $95 listing fee too good to be true?
- 100% online
- FSBO listing
- Extra charges for state disclosures
- Hidden fees
Homecoin has 5 out of 5 stars (99 total reviews) on Yelp.
Homecoin covers multiple states and offers the following services:
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California.
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida.
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia.
- Flat Fee MLS Michigan: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Michigan.
- Flat Fee MLS Missouri: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Missouri.
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York.
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina.
- Flat Fee MLS Tennessee: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Tennessee.
- Flat Fee MLS Virginia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia.
7. Flat Fee Guru
- Listing Fee: $595
- List within 48 hours
- 4.9/5 (23 reviews)
Flat Fee Guru is one of the highly rated Flat Fee MLS California Companies.
Packages: They offer varied services in 2 flat fee listing – basic and premium.
- Basic Sale – $595: Includes 25 photos and a listing term of 6 months. You also get property flyer, showing service and a virtual tour of your house.
- Premium Sale or Rental – $2,495: You can get your property listed until sale. You get a number of other services like For Sale Sign, Official CA Real Estate Forms, Full E-Signature Management and advice and negotiation throughout.
- Private Sale Full- Service Package – $3,995: Flat Fee Guru also provides a full-service package. They will represent both you and the buyer, and you will not be charged a buyer’s agent commission.
👉 Our Take: Even though Flat Fee Guru’s packages offer good services, they are quite expensive. Houzeo’s cost-effective packages give you everything to make your home selling journey profitable and easy.
- FSBO listing
- Up to 20 photos with the basic package
- Extra charges for property space exceeding 3,000 sqft.
Flat Fee Guru has a 4.6 out of 5 stars (9 total reviews) on Google.
Flat Fee Guru covers all the major MLS in California.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS California Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with California Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS California Pricing page
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
Here are our reviews for Best Flat Fee MLS California listing services near you.
|Los Angeles||Flat fee MLS Los Angeles, CA Listing Companies are low on tech. Also, two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Los Angeles, CA
|Bakersfield||All Flat Fee MLS Bakersfield, CA listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Bakersfield, CA
|San Jose||Flat fee MLS San Jose listing companies list your property on the local MLS listing to provide ultimate marketing exposure. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in San Jose, CA
|San Diego||San Diego Flat Fee MLS listing providers will help you maximize your property's exposure. They also provide a lot of a la carte options. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in San Diego, CA
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars in average real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents in California and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through real estate companies in California to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Here’s Everything You Need To Know
Do Flat Fee MLS Listings Work?
Yes. 88% of buyers purchase a property through a buyer’s agent. Therefore, these agents are vital in getting you top dollar for your property sale. So, if your house is not listed on the MLS, you are turning your back on 88% of customers already. In fact, Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Service, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in California.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How To List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in California: All You Need to Know
A disclosure statement is an essential form that details the condition of the property. In selling a home in California, it’s the seller’s responsibility to disclose property defects that impact its value.
Some Flat Fee MLS California companies provide these disclosures with their packages.
Here are the disclosure requirements you need to know if you are selling a property in California:
- Termination Right
- Real Estate Transfer Disclosure Statement California (RETDS)
- Local Option Disclosure Statement
- Natural Hazards Disclosure
- Mello-Roos Bonds & Taxes
- Property Taxes
- Ordnance Locations
- Window Security Bars
- Industrial Uses
» California Seller Disclosures: Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
Sell A House By Owner in California
If you want to sell a house FSBO in California, list your home using Flat Fee MLS California listing services. This way you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You need to take care of certain important factors when you sell your house to an owner in California or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and most importantly marketing.
» How To Sell A House By Owner In California: Know about the Ins and Outs of Selling a House In California
Sell Your House Fast in California
The best ways to sell your house fast in California are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling it quickly.
» How to Sell My House Fast in California: Know How to Sell Your House Fast in California and for the Most Cash!
Closing Costs for Sellers in California
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in California. Additionally, every state has its own set of taxes.
But do not worry, you can calculate the approximate seller closing costs in California with Houzeo’s advanced closing cost calculator.
» Seller Closing Costs in California: Be Prepared for the Closing!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
We talked about some of the best flat fee MLS companies in California. But it should be noted that some flat fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices.
An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing. Some Flat Fee MLS companies might slap hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers. However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in California, we suggest you go with these options:
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Here are our top recommendations.
|CA Flat Fee||$5,000 Flat Fee|
|1% Listing Fee||1% commission|
|HomeLight||1.5% (minimum varies)|
|Prevu||1.5% of sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers in California: Check out our rankings of the Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in California
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: We’ve reviewed the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as is to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in California: Check out to Find the Best Cash Company in California!
iBuyers are companies that will buy your home for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: We’ve rated the best iBuyers in America!
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Real estate brokers in California with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit if they work with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» Realtors in California: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in California!
Resources for Selling Your House in California
Learn about Flat Fee MLS and companies who offer the best services in America. Here’s our detailed blog on the top Flat Fee MLS companies in America.
Selling your house involves various steps like pricing, marketing, negotiating, paperwork, etc. Check out our comprehensive guide for selling your house in California.
Selling a house “as is” is the best option for home sellers who want to save time and money. Here is a handful of information that you need to know beforehand.
Check out our comprehensive guide on creating a California for sale by owner contract.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in California?
Houzeo is the best Flat Fee MLS listing service in California. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in California?
Yes, Flat Fee MLS is legal in California and in all the states of the U.S. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
How long will it take for my MLS listing to go live?
2 business days are typically allotted for listing once you've accurately finished all of your chores. However, the majority of California MLS listings can go live in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time). Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Please Expedite My Listing" to take advantage of this expedited listing.
How Much Does Flat Fee California MLS Listing Cost?
You can expect to pay a flat fee between $200-$400 on average for an MLS listing in California. On the lower side, you can buy an MLS listing package for $99 and on the higher side, a comprehensive MLS listing service package can cost as much as $1,300.
Related: flat fee real estate broker california, ca mls flat fee, best flat fee mls listing service, mls listings ca, ca mls, california mls, mls fees, mls listing california, mls listing fee, multiple listing service california, mls company, mls california listings, california mls flat fee, flat fee mls listing service california, discount real estate brokers california