From Fulton Heights to East Town, Grand Rapids home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Michigan Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular amongst MI home sellers because they have several advantages:
- List & Sell for Just $349: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house, you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in the Wolverine State. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Grand Rapids MI Listing Services
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Kermath Realty||$998||small fee at closing||❌||❌||✅||❌||❌|
|3. Modern Way Realty||$795||0.1%- 0.5%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. List with Freedom||$89-$295||0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. FSBO||$399||$50- $200||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Homecoin||$95||$450- $2,999||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. The Flat Fee Pros||$349-$1,499||None||✅||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Grand Rapids MI Companies
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Michigan’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. Kermath Realty
Kermath Realty offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages to home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $199: The package includes a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Other services include printable color flyers, buyer lead forwarding, syndication to local REALTOR® Sites/ IDX sharing, and a regular yard sign.
- Silver Package – $299: The package includes a listing term of 12 months with 35 photos and all the services from the Bronze Package. The package also offers 3 open house postings, virtual tours, and more.
- Gold Package – $998: This package offers all the services from Silver Package. Also, providing unlimited open houses, 50 photos, and an MLS listing term until your house is sold.
- In Your Home – $500+ Fee at Closing: This is a full-service package that offers every service from Gold Package. They will provide direct assistance from a broker to help you in your selling process. The package is S. E. MI only, and you have to pay a 3/4% fee at closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the Gold Package of $998. The package is pricey. However, it includes everything you need for the sale.
In terms of value, Kermath Realty is a good option. Here are some of its advantages.
- Strong Customer Support: Kermath Realty has an excellent 4.3 out of 5-star rating on Google Reviews. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
- Color Flyers With all the Listings: Each listing includes a color flyer that you can hand out at open houses or post on your yard sign.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers with Kermath Realty.
- Offers Limited Services: The Bronze and Silver packages include limited services. They are only for those who have experience in selling. As a seller, you must do all the work done by a listing agent.
- Only for Experienced Sellers: The Bronze and Silver plan from Kermathrealty is only suitable for seasoned sellers. If you require even a little support, you should pick one of the more expensive options.
- Listing Upgrades are Not Clear: There is no information on Kermath Realty’s website about whether you can change your listing after it gets live.
Jeff Kermath Realty has a 4.3 out of 5 stars from 66 reviews on Google.
Kermath Realty Reviews: Check Kermath Realty’s Google reviews and choose accordingly!
If you prefer to work with a regional company, Kermath Realty is a good choice. Jeff Kermath, a real estate broker in Washtenaw County for 35 years, has owned and operated Kermath Realty.
The company’s simple flat-cost MLS listing package ($399) doesn’t offer much for its price. The package includes six photographs and no open houses.
Kermath Realty does not provide you with a real estate professional without their full-service package. As a result, we recommend that you select a low-commission real estate agent. They will provide superior service for a reasonable fee.
3. Modern Way Realty
COST EFFECTIVE PACKAGES
Modern Way Realty
Modern Way Realty offers a Flat Fee package and a Full-Service package.
- Basic Package – $395: This “do it yourself” package includes a 6-month listing term with 25 photos. Your home is listed on the Michigan MLS and websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, etc. Other services include real estate forms and disclosures, buyer lead forwarding, and showing time setup.
- Premium Package – $795: In addition to all the services of the Basic Package, this package includes the assistance of a dedicated real estate agent to help you coordinate the sale.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their Basic Plan for $395. This package provides all the essentials to list your home with the Multiple Listing Service.
Modern Way Realty offers two packages that are a good choice for new home sellers.
- You Choose Buyer’s Agent Commission: With Modern Realty, you can decide the Buyer’s Agent Commission from 1% to 3%.
- Strong Customer Support: Modern Way Realty has an excellent 5 out of 5-star rating on Google Reviews. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
In our research, we found some primary deal breakers with Modern Way Realty.
- No Agent Support: The basic plan of Modern Way Realty offers no agent support.
- No Assistance in Setting the Listing Price: Modern Way Realty won’t assist you in setting a listing price, unlike some Michigan flat fee MLS listing services.
Modern Way Realty has 5 out of 5 stars from 95 reviews on the popular review site Google.
Modern Way Realty Reviews: Check Modern Way Realty Google reviews and choose accordingly!
Modern Way Realty offers a reasonably priced and comprehensive MLS package. If you’re searching for an inexpensive approach you can register with Modern Way Realty.
However, unless you subscribe to a premium package, you won’t receive any advice from a real estate agent. You will benefit better from hiring a discount realtor, as they will give personal attention.
4. List with Freedom
NO PRICING ASSISTANCE
List With Freedom
List With Freedom provides 3 packages which range from $149- $295.
- Gold Package – $149: This package allows listing for 6 months and 6 photo uploads with unlimited changes.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on Closing.
👉 Our Take: List With Freedom can be a decent choice for experienced sellers who do not require much assistance. We recommend the Platinum Package priced at $195 for easy listing. However, go through the pros and cons of List With Freedom.
List With Freedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based in Florida. Here are some of their best features:
- Inexpensive Pricing Plans: List With Freedom listings start at $149.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make an unlimited number of modifications to your listings with any of their packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
- Quick Listing: The MLS listing procedure is fast, and listings are quickly syndicated to other real estate websites.
» How Does List With Freedom Work: Learn more about how you can sell your house with List With Freedom.
List With Freedom has two major drawbacks a seller should know about.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing (over your one-time flat fee payment). This closing cost is not mentioned on their pricing page. Keep in mind that for certain states even a 0.25% additional commission can be pretty expensive. These hidden costs are not included in List With Freedom fees.
- Average Customer Reviews: ListWithFreedom does not enjoy robust customer reviews. Past sellers said that their experience was just average thanks to the lack of pricing and negotiation assistance.
» List With Freedom Reviews: Should YOU List With Them?
List With Freedom has a 4.3 out of 5 stars rating of 1,696 reviews on Trustpilot.
» Listwithfreedom Reviews: Check out customer feedback before choosing them.
Ralph Harvey headed List With Freedom has affordable listing packages that are ideal for an experienced seller. The listing process is quick and simple.
But you can only get MLS listings with List with Freedom as they do not provide any pricing or negotiation assistance. If you are new to the real estate market you will need guidance throughout the selling process!
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that additional services can add up to a total of $335 in costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package.
Click Bait Alert
Homecoin’s $95 plan is designed to lure home sellers to purchase their MLS listing for a small $95 fee.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing – $95: Homecoin will get you listed on the MLS. This plan DOES NOT include managing showings, offers, lockboxes, yard signs, or digital seller disclosures.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers. The $95 MLS listing sounds great, but most sellers need additional services. Homecoin services are significantly overcharged.
You should consider the pros of Homecoin while choosing them:
- MLS Exposure: A Flat Fee MLS listing via Homecoin will get you on the MLS and in front of thousands of buyers.
- Covers 11 States: Homecoin covers California, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
We really wanted to like this service, but in our research we found several issues with Homecoin.
- The $95 Listing is the Bait: Homecoin’s $95 listing includes just a basic entry-only listing in the MLS. Homecoin will charge you extra for features like showings management with a lockbox, ability to counter an offer, or request highest & best offer. You can end up paying thousands more for these.
- Upgrades are Overpriced: Homecoin’s yard sign is expensive at $69 + $97 (for the post), if you want to manage showings, you have to rent a lockbox for $125 + $120 desposit. A standard forms help package is $400.
- Key Features are Not Available: In many states, key essentials are missing in Homecoin’s offerings. Without these, you risk turning-off buyers and buyer agents. These essential features include a showing service to manage showings, inspections, appraisals, and closings. Broker contract review & support is also not available in many areas. Homecoin calls this “Seller Forms Help (Premium)”. It should be available if you need it. You also don’t have the ability to counter an offer or request the highest & best. These are essential services in our opinion.
- Limited Customer Service via Phone: Homecoin provides decent customer service over text and email. The service is difficult to reach via phone.
- Dashboard is Clunky: Homecoin does not auto-populate listing data from public sources. So you have to fill all the listing data manually. Sellers have complained that this can take a lot of time.
Note: Homecoin’s offerings vary by region. Our research was in 28025 zipcode.
Homecoin Reviews: Homecoin.com has a 4.6 out of 5 stars rating from 50 sellers on Google Reviews.
» Houzeo vs. Homecoin: Check this link out!! To have a clear vision amongst the companies.
Homecoin is a website For Sale By Owner that offers a single MLS listing package, priced at $95. You can avail of their rental lockbox, professional real estate photographs, or signposts at additional costs.
We do not recommend Homecoin for most home sellers. While the $95 flat fee is definitely attractive, the additional features come with a hefty price point.
Further, Homecoin’s limited coverage may make it difficult for many Americans to benefit from their MLS access package.
7. The Flat Fee Pros
The Flat Fee Pros
The Flat Fee Pros offer 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and 2 full-service packages.
- Basic Package – $349: The plan offers limited services with 15 photos, 6 – months listing period, a free yard sign, 3 – open houses, free changes, and MLS listing on Realtor.com.
- Bronze Package – $399: The plan offers every service from the Basic Package with 25 photos, 12 months listing period, and unlimited open houses. They also charge a 1/2% to a max of $1000 sales price at closing.
- Silver Package – $749: The package includes every service from the Bronze Package with 50 photos and a listing period until your house sells. The only change is that they don’t charge closing fees and provide negotiation & process the offer services.
- Gold Package – $999: It is a full-service package with every service from the Silver Package. The plan offers minor modifications, such as the QR code on the yard sign and the digital signature.
- Ultimate Package – $1,499: The full-service package includes every service from the Gold Package with drone and rush services.
👉 Our Take: The Flat Fee Pros offer expensive packages with minimal services. We recommend their Silver Package of $749, which is convenient and offers most of the services you may need to sell your home.
In terms of value, The Flat Fee Pros is a good option. Here are some of its advantages.
- Flexible Listing Terms of 6 to 12 Months: The Flat Fee Pro offers a flexible listing period. You can select a listing package with 6 month, 12 months, or till-sold duration.
- Free Yard Sign: Every listing package includes a yard sign and a key lock box. Generally, you have to pay an additional fee for these services.
In our research, we found some major deal breakers with The Flat Fee Pros.
- Expensive Packages: The Silver, Gold, and Full-Service MLS listing packages are expensive. The services offered are very basic for the price!
- No Customer Support Available: There are no email or phone support options available for the Basic and Bronze Plans.
- Closing Fees of 0.5%: While the packages are expensive, the Bronze Package comes with an additional closing fee of 0.5%.
No credible reviews were found.
The Flat Fee Pros can be an option if you’re selling your house in Michigan without a Realtor. They will help you set the listing price of your house. Their primary disadvantage is the absence of phone or email assistance.
The company’s Basic and Bronze packages have no customer support via phone or email. You should consider using a different company if you anticipate having questions about the selling process.
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Grand Rapids MI Listing Services have High Hidden Fees
The issue that sellers face while opting for Flat fee MLS Grand Rapids MI is the hefty hidden fees. Many companies tend to hide their additional charges on their pricing pages. This not only ruins the seller experience but also makes the sale more expensive than what you had budgeted for. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Michigan Pricing page
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Grand Rapids Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Michigan Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Michigan. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in MI service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Michigan MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Michigan with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” in the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing schedule, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
MI Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Michigan: Some Flat Fee MLS Michigan companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Michigan: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Michigan. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Michigan home sale calculator
Alternatives to Michigan Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS MI companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Michigan discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person Michigan Realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you won’t save much on real estate agent commission, likely paying a full 5% to 6%. Also, note that luxury real estate brokers may charge more than 6%. This option seems convenient but won’t help you save $$$.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Pheonix and other Michigan markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Michigan.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Michigan make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Michigan and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Michigan: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a little bit of research, you can sell your home by listing it with these Flat Fee MLS Grand Rapids Companies.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Michigan. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need to pay for an MLS listing service and also belong to a local realtor association?
No. MLS participation is accessible to any realtor, no matter his membership location.
Is paying for MLS worth it?
The MLS is definitely worth the minimal cost.
What does MLS stand for in real estate?
MLS is a Multiple Listing Service owned and operated by REALTORS.
Is MLS listing legal in Grand Rapids, MI?
Yes. MLS listing is legal in Grand Rapids MI.
Which MLS is the prime one in Grand Rapids, MI?
SWMRIC- South Western Michigan Regional Information Center is the prime MLS in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Best Time to Sell a house in Michigan: Selling your house in the right month will fetch you higher returns and ensure you sell quickly. Read our blog to discover the best month to sell your MI home.
- Closing Cost Calculator Michigan Seller: How much will you make selling my house in Michigan? Check out this Calculator.
- Real Estate Market in Michigan: Will the Michigan housing market crash?
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Michigan: A typical buyer in Michigan may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Michigan.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Michigan: Find out who pays closing costs in Michigan and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Michigan: Read more to find out the cost of title insurance in Michigan.
Related Keywords: premium flat fee, 1 list, best flat fee MLS, cheap MLS, flat fee realtor Michigan, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, grand rapids mls flat fee broker, fsbo flat fee mls grand rapids, flat fee listing grand rapids, grand rapids multiple listing service, best flat fee mls grand rapidsFlat Fee MLS Grand Rapids Michigan