47% of home buyers search for properties online. As a home seller, you need to find a real estate website in Missouri that will provide powerful tech tools at low costs.
As a home buyer, you need a great agent for negotiations, maximizing buyer rebates, and stellar customer support.
A good real estate website can steer your way through these choppy waters and give you smooth and hassle-free real estate transactions.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best real estate websites in the Wolverine State. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: 7 Best Real Estate Websites in Michigan
🏅 Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in Michigan
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in Michigan
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission. Houzeo offers you 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+ 0.5 at closing: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+ 1% at closing: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 8 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo attracts a monthly audience of more than 200,000 visitors. Moreover, when you use Houzeo, your home also gets listed on MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Redfin.
- Save Thousands in Commission: On average, home sellers who sold on Houzeo saved approximately $11,490. One seller even saved $45,000!
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo’s tech-centric approach means you won’t waste time printing, scanning, and emailing listing documents. Offers and showings too are online.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
Houzeo.com is Michigan’s #1 real estate website, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo gives Michigan FSBO home sellers affordable Michigan Flat Fee MLS listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month.
FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
MLS Listing via Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: A Zillow Premier Agent will assist you throughout your home selling process. However, this is the traditional way to sell your home and not the FSBO way.
👉 Our Take: If you are going FSBO, then we do not recommend Zillow as it limits your exposure. Further, you can also get multiple unsolicited calls from listing agents.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: Zillow has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Largest Marketplace: With many tools and information for buyers, Zillow is the largest real estate website for buyers, renters, real estate agents, and much more.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- Your Listing Will be Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO listings under the “Other Listings” section, which most home buyers aren’t aware of.
- Buyer Leads go to Local Agents: Zillow does not prominently display owner information. Any buyer who tries to contact you will be matched with a Zillow agent instead.
- Your Info Will Become an FSBO Lead for Listing Agents: Agents target Zillow FSBO listings to extract owner info. You will get numerous unsolicited calls from these agents asking you to list with them.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in Michigan. It extracts the data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on the platform.
Sites like Zillow provides an on-demand buying experience. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
Redfin is one of America’s top discount real estate brokerages. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and more.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Redfin’s concierge service. This service enhances the value of your house with a professionally managed design plan and no upfront fees.
» Selling With Redfin: Is it worth selling with Redfin?
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
» What is Redfin? Is it truly a smart choice to choose them? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you additional services.
» Redfin hidden Fees: Check this out to learn more about their hidden fees.
Redfin is Michigan’s best discount real estate brokerage that specializes in home buying. It also offers a 0.5% refund if you sell and buy a house with Redfin within a year.
Redfin is a good option for anyone who wants to save as much money in the house-buying process as possible. But make sure to check the customer reviews first.
4. Rocket Homes
Rocket Homes is a one-stop shop for home buyers and sellers to find agents, browse listings, and apply for financing. Rocket Mortgage, their sister company, streamlines the home loan process and keeps everything organized.
Rocket Homes’ revenue comes from referring you to one of their partner agents and taking a percentage of the commission from the sale.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Rocket Homes for their one stop shop service, which includes properties, agents, and loans.
Here are some advantages of choosing Rocket Homes:
- One-Stop Shop: You can browse properties, connect with agents, and secure loans in one place with Rocket Mortgage.
- Nationwide Network: Rocket Homes have a nationwide network of trusted agents in 51 states.
- Multiple Selling Options: Rocket Homes offers 3 ways for sellers to sell their homes. i.e., with an agent, without an agent, and cash offers.
- Offers Personal Loans: Rocket Homes’ sister company, Rocket Mortgage offer personal loan and streamlines the home loan process.
- Mobile App: Rocket Homes has the best mobile app for buyers with a comprehensive search feature.
Here are some red flags of Rocket Homes, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- No Financial Incentives: Rocket Homes do not offer any financial incentives, you will have to pay the standard 6% commission.
- High-Interest Rates: The loan interest rates of Rocket Homes are high. Also, they provide only two options for loan purchase and refinance i.e., 15 years and 30 years of the fixed loan period.
Rocket Homes have a 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google reviews.
Rocket Homes is an agent referral service in Michigan. It offers a one-stop platform to connect with agents, browse listings, and apply for financing. They also have a nationwide network of trusted agents across 3,000 countries.
However, few customers have complained that they charge high-interest rates.
Homes.com contains millions of listings and attracts a huge number of home buyers. That’s why it is featured among our list of top real estate search sites.
👉 Our Take: We recommend them for their Snap and Search Feature. Customers who want to gauge property value variations and understand if the neighborhood is gaining value, stagnant, or declining, will find this website helpful.
Here are some advantages of choosing Homes.com:
- Snap and Search Feature: The flagship Snap and Search feature allows users to take snapshots of the home they like, and the app will match this snapshot with similar homes in the area to increase their options.
- Property Value History: This feature allows users to examine a property’s value history and compare it to the history of other properties in the neighborhood.
- How-To-Hub: Homes.com has a great “How-To-Hub” repository for in-depth knowledge of real estate terms.
- Property Assessment: Homes.com provides a great feature for property assessment and interactive features for home searching.
- Mobile App: Yes
In our research, we found some red flags of Homes.com, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Sells Leads: Homes.com sells home buyer and seller contact info to real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and lenders.
- Complaints From Agents: Thousands of agents are available at Homes.com but they have a lot of complaints about their customer support team.
Homes.com has a rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Homes.com is one of the leading MLS listing sites and offers over a million listings, which attracts a large number of homebuyers in Michigan. It is partnered with several local MLS organizations, which increases the value of the listings here.
You have to pay the average real estate agent commission of 6%. Through Homes.com you can not save on realtor commissions.
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has more than 125,000 agents across the U.S.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend RE/MAX for its personalized agent service. The agents will guide you throughout the entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
Here are some red flags of RE/MAX:
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has so many customer complaints. Previous customers have also said that the process took time and got delayed.
RE/MAX has a poor rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020. They have a wide presence in Michigan.
Customers have given good reviews to RE/MAX’s real estate agents for their professionalism, in-person support, and ability to bring in good offers.
7. Coldwell Banker Homes
Coldwell Banker is an American full-service real estate brokerage. It provides various tools to sellers including a home value estimator, local market data, and fast cash offer alternatives.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Coldwell Banker for its Full-Service Marketing System and expert agents.
Here are some advantages of choosing Coldwell Banker:
- Nationwide Coverage: Coldwell Banker covers all 51 states of America.
- Mobile App: Coldwell Banker has the best mobile app with a comprehensive search feature.
- Marketing: Coldwell Banker helps you determine a marketing strategy with the help of increased accuracy of market knowledge, advanced pricing tools, and access to comprehensive housing data.
- Local Agent: Agents with local experts help you learn more about the current state of the housing market so you can price your house right to attract buyer interest.
- Financing Assistance: Coldwell Banker helps you in your home-buying journey with services like assistance with making down payments, getting a pre-approval, and more.
Here are some red flags of Coldwell Banker, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Delayed Process: Previous customers have stated that the company agents does not respond in time.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Coldwell Banker has received poor reviews from their customers.
Coldwell Banker has an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is a Michigan full-service real estate brokerage owned by Realogy, started in 1906 in San Francisco.
Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what our customers expect.
However, they have poor customer reviews that should be considered before working with them.
⚠️ Beware: Real Estate Websites to Avoid
Some real estate companies pretend to be “free.” But, in reality, you will pay hefty fees and realtor commissions at closing with these firms.
- Clever Real Estate: Clever Real Estate promotes itself as a free resource for FSBO home sellers. If you choose Clever, you will be forced to use an agent. And that agent will kick back 25% to 40% of the commission you pay back to Clever as a “referral fee.” Check out the Clever Real Estate Reviews to know more.
- FSBO.com: FSBO.com is a nationwide Flat Fee MLS company that provides For Sale By Owner MLS service. Pricing and services vary quite drastically by state. Hence, it is advisable to read FSBO.com reviews before signing a contract.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is a free real estate website, where you can advertise anything you want, from jobs and services to housing. But, Craigslist is notorious for a lot of scams like identity theft, robbing during showings, rent deposit fraud, etc.
Types of Real Estate Websites in Michigan
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: Home-selling websites in Florida help home sellers list properties online. The best home-selling websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.
- Home Buying Websites: Home-buying websites in Florida help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work upon.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites help you find rental properties in Florida. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: Best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property. Check out the best Flat Fee real estate services in the US.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on the best property sites.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in Michigan?
You can choose the best real estate websites based on these important factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Real estate websites provide an option to list on MLS without realtor in Michigan. Additionally, they provide social media sharing features and are customizable for sale by owner yard signs with the seller’s phone number.
- Strong Technology: With technology, selling a house without a realtor can become much faster and more efficient. Real estate websites also offer virtual home tours, open houses, and manage showings online.
- Responsive Customer Service: Real estate websites provide customer support to make your real estate transaction smooth.
Why Houzeo is the #1 Real Estate Website in Michigan?
Houzeo.com is the #1 real estate website in Michigan thanks to its combination of max savings, 5-star customer service, and cutting-edge technology.
- Max Exposure: It gives you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- 5-star Customer Service: You get assistance from the list to close with Houzeo Concierge.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to get access to the MLS.
- Real Estate On the Go: The Houzeo Mobile App allows you to access features of Houzeo’s web platform on any device.
Real People, Real Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best real estate websites Michigan?
The best real estate websites in Michigan are Houzeo, Zillow, Redfin, Rocket Homes, and Homes.com.
2. Are there fees for real estate websites in Michigan?
Yes, almost all real estate websites charge listing fees from sellers. Some even charge convenience fees to the renter, who want to apply for an apartment. Although there are a few other websites that offer listing services for free.
3. Are real estate websites safe in Michigan?
Yes, real estate websites are safe as long as you find the right sites. However, there are scam sites, so make sure to do your research before you venture in.
Related: Housezo, Website Real Estate In michigan, Real Estate Websites Like Zillow In michigan, Real Estate Company Websites In michigan, Best Websites For Real Estate News In michigan, The Best Real Estate Websites In michigan, Real Estate Website Companies In michigan, Real Estate Sites Online In michigan, Best Real Estate Company Websites In michigan, Best Real Estates Websites In michigan, What Are The Real Estate Websites In michigan, Realstate Websites In michigan, Real Estate Websties In michigan, Websites Like Redfin In michigan, Best Home Real Estate Websites In michigan, What Real Estate Site Is Most Accurate In michigan, Cool Real Estate Websites In michigan, Best Real Estate Web Site In michigan, Amazing Real Estate Websites In michigan, Best Looking Real Estate Websites In michigan, Awesome Real Estate Websites In michigan, Biggest Real Estate Sites In michigan, What’s The Best Real Estate Website In michigan, Top Realestate Websites In michigan, Real.Estate Website In michigan