From Dudgeon-Monroe to State-Langdon, Madison home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Wisconsin Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular amongst Madison home sellers because they have several advantages:
- List & Sell for Just $349: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in Mad City. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Companies in Madison, WI
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Madison Flat Fee||$450||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Lake Country Flat Fee||$2995||None||✅||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Madcity Homes||$500||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Sconsin Sells||1% COMMISSION||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Best Choice Flat Fee||$425-$849||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7 Flat Fee Realty||$199||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Madison, WI
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Wisconsin’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. Madison Flat Fee
Madison Flat fee Homes
Madison Flat Fee MLS Homes provides a single full-service package at a flat rate.
Listing Plan – $450: The package includes a 1-year listing period. Listing gets syndicated to local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, and more. Professional photography, in-person consultation, market analysis, and yard sign are included in the package.
👉 Our Take: The single package that Madison Flat Fee MLS Homes provides is expensive compared to other flat fee MLS providers. A full-service package option without a choice has several drawbacks.
There are a few advantages of listing with Madison Flat Fee MLS Homes.
- Professional Digital Photography: They take professional photos of your house that will help sell your house for a higher price. The listing package includes 36 photos.
- Market Exposure: Your property will get syndicated to local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and many more
- Free Changes: You can make changes to your listing without paying any additional fees.
- Full-Service In-Person Support: The company will provide you with valuable insight and useful tips for selling your home. They will assist you in setting a list price for your home, and complete your paperwork.
In our research, we found some deal breakers with Madison Flat Fee MLS Homes.
- Additional Fees: They charge additional fees for listing of homes with acreage and outbuilding, homes above 4,000 sq/ft, multi-unit properties, and properties located more than 30 miles outside of Middleton.
- Expensive Package: They only offer a single package, which robs you blind. Moreover, it cannot be altered to suit your needs.
Madison Flat Fee Homes has 4.8 out of 5 star rating from 77 total reviews on Google.
Madison Flat Fee Homes Reviews: Check Madison Flat Fee Homes Google’s review.
Madison Flat Fee Homes provides a single full-service package at $450 upfront + $1,550 at closing which makes up to $2,100.
Note that this pricing applies only for sellers who live within 30 miles of Madison. For sellers outside this area there is an additional fee of $100.
3. Lake Country Flat Fee
GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
Lake Country Flat Fee
Lake Country Flat Fee provides only one full-service package at $2,995.
- Full-Service Flat Fee Listing: The package includes listing term of 6 months and 50 MLS photos. All services from listing on MLS to negotiations and closing are provided. The package also includes free listing changes & cancellations, and a yard sign.
👉 Our Take: The single package that Lake Country Flat Fee provides is expensive compared to other flat fee MLS providers. A full-service package option without a choice has several drawbacks.
Lake Country Flat Fee offers its services in South East Wisconsin including the counties of Waukesha, Milwaukee, Washington, Ozaukee, Jefferson, Dodge, Walworth, Racine, and Kenosha.
- Comparable Market Analysis and Pre-Listing Advice: Lake Country Flat Fee compares recently sold properties and current active listings to help you price your home competitively.
- Listing Term and Cancellation: The 6-month listing period can be extended or canceled for no extra charge.
- Free Listing Changes: You can make changes to your listing including changing the price, photos, text, etc for no additional fees.
In our research, we found some dealbreakers with Lake Country Flat Fee.
- Expensive Package: The only package that Lake Country Flat Fee offers will burn a hole in your pocket. There are other flat fee MLS companies that offer similar services but at a reasonable rate.
- Limited Coverage: The company does not cover the entire state of Wisconsin.
Lake Country Flat Fee has 4.9 out of 5 stars from 203 reviews on Google.
Lake Country Flat Fee Reviews: Check Lake Country Flat Fee Google’s review and choose accordingly
Lake Country Flat Fee has a solid track record and a highly experienced real estate team to assist you.
Lake Country Flat Fee MLS offers you only one package worth $2,995. This is quite expensive compared to other players in the market. Moreover, the company doesn’t cover the entire state of Wisconsin.
4. MadCity Homes
TOO MANY ADDITIONAL FEES
Madcity Homes has one Flat Fee MLS package that can be upgraded to a full-service package.
- Flat Fee MLS Package – $500: This package includes a listing period of 3 months, a comparable sales summary, rental yard sign (available in Dane County only). The listing gets syndicated to local MLS and their website, and real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Full-service -4% Commission: This package includes the assistance of a real estate agent to help you with negotiations, reviews, counteroffers, amendments, addendums, and notices. It also provides GE supra key lock box, Showingtime app with agent feedback.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their $500 flat fee package as opting for their full service 4% commission package would be shooting yourself in the foot.
Madcity Homes offers a number of benefits:
- Quick Listing: The MLS listing procedure is fast. Your listing gets activated within 24 hours.
- Market Exposure: Your property gets syndicated on local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and many more.
- Auto Email Datafeed: Your property will be included in the Realtor email data feeds.
- Good Customer Reviews: Madcity Homes enjoys a robust customer review. Many customers said their experience was good and their team was quick to respond.
According to our study, Madcity Homes has a few negatives.
- Additional Charges: Madcity Homes charges you extra to extend the listing period, install new signs, and more.
- Features Unavailable: Some of the features like sign, digital lockbox are not available in all areas. Combo lockboxes may be substituted in some areas outside Dane County.
- Limited Coverage: They provide services only in Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Gree, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk counties.
Madcity Homes has 4.9 out of 5 stars from 75 reviews on Google.
Madcity Homes: Check Madcity Homes Google’s review and choose accordingly.
Madcity Homes’s Flat Fee MLS package provides good exposure to your property. Their professional photography services can be a great tool in your marketing strategy to grab the attention of potential buyers.
However, they charge extra if you want to extend the listing period, install new signs, and more.
5. Sconsin Sells
Sconsin Sells provides two Flat Fee MLS packages and one Full-service package for home sellers.
- Silver Listing – $299: This package includes a listing period of 3 months with 25 photos. Your listing gets syndicated to local MLS and real estate websites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, etc. Also includes email support.
- Gold Listing – $599: This package includes all the services of the Silver package with a listing period of 12 months & 35 photos. Also includes phone and email support.
- Full-Service Package – 1% Commission at Closing: This package comes with a low commission option of 1% and lists your home until sold. The seller can add 50 photos and gets phone/email support in this package.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their $599 Gold Listing package as it offers a listing term of 12 months and includes phone and email support.
Sconsin Sells is a licensed real estate company that offers Flat Fee MLS listing services.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
- Market Exposure: Your property will get syndicated on many local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and many more.
- Customer Support: Phone and email support are available. However, the Silver Package offers only email support.
- Coverage: SconsinSells.com covers the entire state of Wisconsin.
We discovered some major deal breakers with Sconsin Sells during our research.
- No Pricing Support: It does not provide a market analysis or home valuation report in their basic package.
- Additional Fees For Open Houses: You will have to pay extra for open houses if you take their Silver Listing package.
- Slow Listing Process: Their MLS listing procedure is manual. The entire listing process can take up to over 3 business days depending on how quickly the forms are completed.
- No Credible Customer Reviews: Sconsin Sells doesn’t have customer reviews on trustworthy websites like Google, Yelp.
Sconsin Sells has no credible ratings available.
Sconsin Sells offers three unique packages to its sellers. They also provide sellers with email and phone support.
However, their MLS listing procedure is manual and it can take up to over 3 business days to get your property listed. It doesn’t offer a market analysis report unless you have got their premium package.
👉 You can complete the listing formalities in 24 to 48 hours with Houzeo! Start Now
6. Best Choice Flat Fee
Best Choice Flat Fee
- Listing Fee: $399-$1,995
- Additional Fees: 0.2% to 0.375% of sales price
- No credible reviews were found.
Best Choice Flat Fee offers 3-4 packages depending on the state. Each one varies in pricing and services.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee MLS packages are pricing, review, and closing assistance. You will get a listing term of 6 to 12 months with negotiation assistance.
👉 Our Take: For a better MLS listing and faster sale we recommend going with the full-service package.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a national group of flat fee brokers who directly work with the Flat Fee Group. They provide flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
- State Disclosures: You are provided with all proper disclosures and contracts in all the packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarded to You: All buyer leads are forwarded to you with no middle-man involvement. This service is available in all the packages.
In our research, we came across some drawbacks that you need to know.
- No Mobile App: Best Choice Flat Fee does not have a mobile app to make your process smoother.
- Expensive Plans: They offer basic listing services at a high cost. The same services are available at better prices from other sites.
- No Credible Reviews: Best Choice Flat Fee has no credible reviews from trusted sites like Google, Trustpilot, and Zillow.
Best Choice Flat Fee has no credible reviews.
Best Choice Flat Fee is led by broker Eddie Davis. It is a national group of independent real estate brokers.
Although Best Choice Flat fee offers a wide range of plans it is not cost-effective.
They offer 3 packages in Wisconsin, a Basic package at $299, a Premium package at $599, and the Platinum at $0 upfront cost +1 of sales price.
7. Flat Fee Realty
0.25% LISTING AGENT COMMISSION
Flat Fee Realty
- Listing Fee: $159 to $349 + 0.25% at closing
- 0.1% to 0.25% additional fees
- No credible reviews were found
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Changes Made Simple: With Flat Fee Realty you can make free status and price changes. Changes are important as casual errors can be corrected if present when the listing goes live.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. With a change of heart over selling your house, some of the listing fees will get refunded. After the listing process is completed by their broker, there are no refunds.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home in front of the right buyers are covered.
- Free Disclosures: Just like taxes, documentation is an important aspect of home selling. Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds. Buyer agents will not willingly agree to this deduction.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package that varies from state to state. With this package, you get free listing changes and related disclosures.
However, Flat Fee Realty requires you to pay a minimum 2% buyer agent commission, 0.25% of which goes as a kickback to your listing agent. This means you end up paying a small commission to the listing agent at closing.
🚩 Beware: Madison, WI Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS Madison, WI companies is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for. They will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Listing Wisconsin pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Madison Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service Madison is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Madison Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Madison. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in Madison service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Madison MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Wisconsin with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing scheduling, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
WI Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Wisconsin: Some Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Wisconsin: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Wisconsin. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Wisconsin home sale calculator.
Alternatives to Madison Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS WI companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Madison discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person Wisconsin Realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you won’t save much on real estate agent commission, likely paying a full 5% to 6%. Also note that luxury real estate brokers may charge more than 6%. This option seems convenient but won’t help you save $$$.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Madison and other Wisconsin markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Madison.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Madison make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Wisconsin and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Wisconsin: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a little bit of research, you can sell your home by listing it with these Madison multiple listing services.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Madison. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a buyer's agent?
A buyer's agent is an agent from the buyer's side. He /She negotiates and closes the deal on behalf of the buyer. This agent also charges a hefty amount of commission.
What is the the listing agent's commission in Madison WI?
A regular listing agent sells homes or properties in Madison on a 2%-3% commission basis.
What is the job of a listing agent?
Listing agents help sellers price, stage, and market their property, show it off to prospective buyers and negotiate offers. This is exactly what a flat fee MLS Company does without any commission.
Which is the prime MLS in Madison WI?
SCWIMLS- South Central Wisconsin MLS is the prime MLS in Madison WI.
Is paying for MLS worth it?
The MLS is definitely worth the minimal cost as it is your best chance to bring more buyers soon after your house hits the market.
Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
- Best Time to Sell a house in Wisconsin: Selling your house in the right month will fetch you higher returns and ensure you sell quickly. Read our blog to discover the best month to sell your WI home.
- Closing Cost Calculator Wisconsin Seller: How much will you make selling my house in Wisconsin? Check out this Calculator.
- Real Estate Market in Wisconsin: Will the Wisconsin housing market crash?
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Wisconsin: A typical buyer in Wisconsin may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Wisconsin.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Wisconsin: Find out who pays closing costs in Wisconsin and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Wisconsin: Theft, Claims, Unpaid taxes! Title insurance is the shield that stands between your new home. Learn more here!
RELATED KEYWORDS: Home for sale Madison, MadCity Homes, FSBO Madsion WI, Madison MLS, madison flat fee homes, madison wi flat fee MLS, madison wi MLS, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate housing market, free for sale by owner sitesFlat Fee MLS Madison Wisconsin