Virginia’s real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But home prices have increased by 1.6% in the past year. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions.
That’s why you need to use technology to sell your home and save $21,000 in average real estate agent commissions! That’s where our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Virginia services come in handy.
Rankings: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Virginia
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Net Realty Now||$299||$50||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Virginia Flat Fee MLS||$149||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Flat Fee Group||$99 - $1,299||$20-$4,950||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Home Discovery Realtors||$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Cottage Street Realty||$799||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
Packages: FSBO.com has 2 cost-effective packages that sellers can benefit from.
- $99.95 Package: Includes a listing term of 6 months. Property listed on FSBO.com and Redfin only. Additional items like yard signs or any other extras are chargeable.
- $399.95 Package: Listing term of 6 Months with up to 20 photos. Listing syndicated to realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & many more. Additional services like CSS showing service, E-lockbox rental, maximum photos in the MLS, and yard signs are chargeable.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Adding a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! If the seller wishes to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then they have to pay $75 and $150. To add maximum photos or get a yard sign, they have to pay $50 & $60.
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com offers pocket-friendly packages but charges high fees for additional services. Houzeo’s packages include various benefits with no additional fees.
» FSBO.com Reviews: You NEED to read these reviews.
- You can upload 1 video in the basic $99 package.
- No hidden fees.
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies.
- Limited a la carte items in their listing package.
No credible sources were found to provide the information.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets.
3. Net Realty Now
Net Realty Now is a Flat Fee MLS listing company that allows you to list your property using their packages.
Packages: They have 2 packages for each of the state they provide services.
- Their packages for each licensed state range from $299 – $1,299. Common services of all their packages include a 6-month listing period, virtual tours, and make unlimited changes to your listing. They also give you comparable sales information on similar properties (if available).
👉 Our Take: Net Realty Now offers economical packages that can help home sellers save immensely. However, you cannot customize the plan based on your needs. Houzeo’s packages are made to suit each home seller’s needs to make their sale successful.
- You can upload up to 150 photos in their most expensive plan.
- Unlimited text editing of your MLS listing.
- No built-in home valuation.
- Lack of customization.
No reviews were found on enough credible websites to provide a positive or negative rating for this company.
Net Realty Now covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York, and Virginia.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS District of Columbia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in the District of Columbia.
- Flat Fee MLS Maryland: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Maryland.
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York.
- Flat Fee MLS Virginia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia.
4. Virginia Flat Fee MLS
Virginia Flat Fee MLS is a local MLS listing company providing home sellers with Flat Fee services.
Packages: Virginia Flat Fee MLS offers 2 Flat Fee MLS packages with a listing period of 6 months.
- Basic Package – $99: It includes a listing term of 6 months and 6 photos. You can sell your home by owner and save on the listing agent’s commission. Your listing will be syndicated on the local MLS and other home listing websites such as Zillow, Trulia, and MSN.com, which will increase the visibility of your property.
- Showcase Package – $149: It includes a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos to help you sell your home faster. Other services offered are similar to the basic package.
👉 Our take: Compared to Houzeo, Virginia Flat Fee MLS is very low on tech. But if you are fine with some time-consuming manual processes, it might be a good option.
- Affordable packages for sellers who wish to sell by owner
- Listing syndicated to other websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com
- Free editing and changes anytime
- Virtual tour on Realtor.com if you choose the upgraded package
- Low on technology
- No additional or à la carte services in any flat fee MLS Louisiana package
No credible reviews were found to provide information about this company.
Virginia Flat Fee MLS covers all of Virginia.
5. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group is an MLS listing service that offers flat fees and full-service packages.
Packages: Flat Fee Group’s packages vary depending on the state. They include MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. The quality of service may not be consistent throughout. For a more trustworthy real estate service, we recommend Houzeo, which has a 5-star rating on major review sites.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group.
- Flexible flat fee packages with different services
- No hidden fees
- Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first, opening the doors to the listed agents
- No scope for substantial savings as compared to other companies.
- Low on tech
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews available.
Flat Fee Group is available nationwide.
6. Home Discovery Realtors
Home Discovery Realtors provides all the necessary procedures online with a single flat fee package.
Packages: Home Discovery Realtors provides a single Flat Fee MLS Package.
- Diamond Flat Fee MLS Package ($469): This package includes online forms and necessary disclosures with up to 40 photos to upload. Your home will be listed on the local MLS and other websites, like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, etc., for a period of your choosing.
👉 Our Take: Home Discovery Realtors offers a reasonable package, and their technology is quite helpful. But no customization or a la carte service is offered to assist you. However, Houzeo is a superior option because they provide 100% online procedures and excellent customer ratings.
- The procedure is completely handled on their website instead of by mail, fax, or in-person
- They offer 24/7 customer support
- Decent broker assistance
- All leads will be forwarded directly to the seller, although the mode of communication is not mentioned on the website
- Unclear details regarding expenses related to changing listing details
No reviews of this company could be found from enough reliable sources to give it a positive or negative rating.
Covers all of Virginia.
7. Cottage Street Realty
Cottage Street Realty is a member of the Flat Fee Group. It is an MLS listing service that offers 3 flat-fee packages and 1 full-service package.
Packages: Cottage Street Realty offers the most affordable Flat Fee MLS listing packages, ranging from $299 to $1299.
- Basic Package – $299: This package includes an MLS listing within 48 hours, phone and email support, and a listing term of 6 months with all the necessary disclosures.
- Showcase Package – $399: This package has the same features as the Basic Package. Cottage Street Realty will also feature your home on its website and Facebook page.
- Premium Package – $799: With all the features of the Showcase Package, this package includes unlimited changes and negotiation handling.
- Supreme Package – $999: In addition to the Premium Package, this package features an electronic signature and end-to-end support till closing.
👉 Our Take: You get full support until closing with their full-service package, but it is generally expensive. We recommend Houzeo, which has 5-star ratings on major review sites, for a more affordable and trustworthy real estate service.
- You get more broker assistance
- Buyer’s lead forwarding feature
- You will get the necessary contracts and disclosures
- You will get full support only with their full-service package, which is highly expensive
- The basic listing doesn’t include any kind of pricing service
No credible reviews were found on enough reliable websites to provide a positive or negative rating for this company.
Covers entire Virginia.
🚩Beware: Virginia Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Virginia Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for. They will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Virginia Pricing page.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services Near Me
We reviewed some of the best local real estate agents offering flat fee MLS service in the top cities of Virginia. These companies are based in the respective cities or counties, so their expertise in those regions will help you sell your home.
With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee MLS listing Virginia companies, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Richmond||The packages offered by Richmond Flat Fee MLS companies are affordable, but some of the companies charge high hidden fees and extra charges. Some of these fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Richmond Companies, VA
|Hampton Roads||Your home will receive the maximum exposure on the local MLS with any of the Hampton Roads Flat Fee MLS companies, but some of the companies charge high hidden fees and extra charges. Some of these fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check Out: Best Flat Fee MLS Hampton Roads Companies, VA
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars in average Virginia real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022.
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. This gives your property maximum exposure, increasing the chances of a sale.
The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals. However, if you go through typical real estate companies in Virginia to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat-rate realtor or flat-rate real estate agent.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Everything You Need To Know About Flat Fee MLS
Do Flat Fee MLS Virginia Listings Work?
Yes. More than 50% of buyers wanted an agent to find them a house. Therefore, real estate agents in Virginia are vital to getting top dollar for your property sale.
The Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Virginia Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing in Virginia, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details about your house, the fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Virginia.
Subsequently, the buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How to List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in Virginia: All You Need to Know
A disclosure statement is an essential form that details the property’s condition. In selling a home in Virginia, the seller must disclose property defects that impact its value.
Some Flat Fee MLS Virginia companies provide these disclosures with their packages.
Here are the three disclosure forms you need to fill out if you are selling a property in Virginia:
- Seller’s Property Disclosure Form
- Federal Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and Lead-Based Paint Hazards
» Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Virginia: Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
Sell A House By Owner in Virginia
If you want to sell a house FSBO in Virginia, list your home using Flat Fee MLS Virginia listing services. This way, you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You must consider certain important factors when you sell your house by owner in Virginia or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and, most importantly, marketing.
» How To Sell A Home By Owner In Virginia: Know the Ins and Outs of Selling a House In Virginia.
Sell Your House Fast in Virginia
The best ways to sell your house fast in Virginia are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers in Virginia. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling them quickly.
» Sell My House Fast for Cash in Virginia: Know How to Sell Your House Fast in Virginia and for the Most Cash!
Closing Costs for Sellers in Virginia
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Virginia. Additionally, each state has fees that a home seller must pay.
But do not worry. You can calculate the approximate seller’s closing costs in Virginia with this advanced calculator.
» What are Seller Closing Costs in Virginia: Be Prepared for the Closing!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia
Most of the companies we mentioned above are reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers, and that’s why you need not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat-rate listing companies in Virginia, there are other alternatives to save on commissions.
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showing management, and much more.
Sell your home with the top discount realtors in Virginia. These are our recommendations:
|Take 2 Real Estate||1% commission|
|Quest Realty||2% commission|
|Ideal Agent||1.5% commission|
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers Virginia: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Virginia.
Option 2: Sell as For Sale By Owner
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since no listing agent is involved, you save thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission, which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ For Sale By Owner Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses, be it distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce expenses. You can also try selling a house as is in Virginia to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities significantly speed up the closing process, making it a quick transaction.
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and in-house experts. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price.
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable.
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price.
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than saving money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them a list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Real estate brokers in Virginia or agents with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit from working with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» Who Pays Realtor Fees in Virginia: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in Virginia!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia
What is the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in Virginia?
Houzeo is the best Flat Fee MLS listing service in Virginia. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Virginia?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all across the US. In fact, the DOJ of America recently updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner.
How long will it take for my Virginia MLS listing to go live?
The typical stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you.
- Selling an Inherited House in Virginia: Want to sell an inherited property in Virginia? Check out this blog to know more.
- Best time to Sell a house in Virginia: Selling your house in the right month will fetch you higher returns and ensure you sell quickly. Read our blog to discover the best month to sell your VA home.
- Benefits of Home Staging: A staged home can attract offers of 1% to 5% more than the asking price. Here is the list of the best home staging companies in Virginia
- Closing Cost Calculator Virginia Seller: How much will you make selling my house in Virginia? Check out this Calculator.
- Home Staging Virginia: Check out the rankings of the best home staging companies in Virginia.
- How to Sell My House Fast Virginia: Check out this blog to know how to sell your Virginia home quickly!
- Sell My House Virginia: Check out this blog to know how to sell your Virginia.
- Sell a home as is Virginia: Want to sell your Virginia house as is? Check out this blog
- Real Estate Photography Pricing Virginia: Read to know more about real estate photography in Virginia
For Home Buyers
- How much Closing Cost for Buyer in Virginia: A typical buyer in Virginia may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Virginia.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Virginia: Find out who pays closing costs in Virginia and which closing costs are your responsibility..
- How Much is Title Insurance in Virginia: Theft, Claims, Unpaid taxes! Title insurance is the shield that stands between your new home. Learn more here!
Related: best flat fee mls in virginia, flat fee mls virginia, flat fee mls listing virginia, real estate brokers in virginia, virginia mls, mls listings va, mls virginia, best mls listing service, flat fee real estate brokers, flat rate mls, flat fee mls, flat fee mls listing, flat fee listing virginia, flat fee brokers in virginia, for sale by owner with buyer agent, flat fee realtor virginia, list virginia house on MLS for flat fee, virginia flat fee realtors, flat fee listing agent, virginia listing service, flat fee real estate virginia, flat fee real estate brokers virginia, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate market, Estimating Buyers Closing costs Virginia, how much is a home appraisal in Virginia, preapproval letter for mortgage, when will the housing market crash in Virginia, low commission realtors near me, top real estate companies in Virginia, virginia real estate contract for sale by owner, va fsbo, Virginia real estate agent list, virginia mls listings, mls listings virginia, mls listings in virginia, mls listings va