As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed top real estate websites in Virginia and ranked them as per their expertise.
Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in Virginia
|Best Flat Fee Listing Platform||Houzeo↗️|
|Best Mobile App for Buyers||Trulia↗️|
|Real Estate Behemoth||Zillow↗️|
|Most Accurate Database||Realtor↗️|
|Best Discounted Brokerage||Redfin↗️|
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in Virginia
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. Houzeo is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers:
- $349 Listing Fee: You will save thousands in listing agent commission by using Houzeo’s inexpensive flat fee MLS packages.
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, but help is available if you need it.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lockboxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs $49, but you can get it for free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
Mobile App: Yes
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
For home sellers, Houzeo makes the entire transaction simple. Key benefits include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary and aims to be a one-stop shop for buyers and sellers, with the backing of the largest real estate database in the U.S.
For Home Buyers:
- Homes For Sale: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: They offer comprehensive maps and filters, which makes it easier to look for local information about the property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Trulia’s app is powerful and easy to use. Home buyers and tenants do much of their property search using their mobile devices, which makes it our choice for the best mobile app.
» Best Rental Websites: Our list of Top Rental Websites in America!
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. This includes the following features:
- Accurate local information
- Mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator
- Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience
- They provide extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- No option to list properties
- Need to maintain an account for saving search criteria
Trulia has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Trulia is available nationwide.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 40 million monthly users.
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free but get limited exposure.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a good first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value.
For Home Buyers:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Zillow is great for homebuyers to search for their future homes. We do not recommend Zillow for home sellers because the FSBO listings are free, but once your house gets listed, you will get a lot of unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.8/5 (284 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the US housing market and is available nationwide.
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
For Home Sellers: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
For Home Buyers: Buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor. Realtor.com provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details for the listed property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com is a user-friendly website for property searches. The listing information is updated regularly with the latest data, making Realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
» Best FSBO Websites: Find out the leading For Sale By Owner website in 2023!
Realtor.com is a preferred website for home buyers and realtors. Their top features include:
- Accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Accurate home value estimation
- Biggest database of REALTOR®s
- Mortgage and refinance calculators
- Trust-worthy realtor community bound by NAR’s Code of Ethics.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2/5 stars (1015 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com is available nationwide. However, a home seller cannot list their property on the website directly; only real estate agents and professionals can do so.
Redfin is one of the best discount real estate brokers and home-buying tools that are available in the market.
For Home Sellers:
- Selling Property: Redfin offers a range of services for home sellers with add-on services like a professional photographer, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more. They have a robust platform that is ideal for a full-service brokerage which has a fantastic user interface for sellers to make their job easier.
For Home Buyers:
- Houses for sale: Utilize Redfin Saved Searches to set filters to get homes that fit your required criteria and schedule an immediate house tour.
- Redfin Agent: Redfin Agents help you throughout the entire buying process from negotiations, logistics, and scheduling.
Mobile App Availability: Yes
👉 Our Take: The technology-first approach makes the entire process transparent, but the paperwork, follow-up, showing management, etc. still stays offline. Unlike Houzeo, which has digitized the paperwork and made home selling a seamless journey, Redfin’s mobile app only allows browsing homes, listing, and contacting agents.
» Redfin Reviews: Is Redfin REALLY 1% Commission?
- Discounted commission rates
- Realtor-like tailored services at discounted rates. Redfin offsets its low prices by reducing operating costs with a salaried team and upselling current customers on add-on services and premium support.
- Intuitive, user-friendly technology
- Safer than other discount brokers
- No free listings
- Unpredictable agent quality
- Offline, manual process
- Costly Partner Agents
Redfin has an aggregate rating of 3.9/5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin is available in 90+ markets giving it near-nationwide coverage.
» Houzeo Showings: The only digital showing scheduling app designed with home sellers and buyers in mind.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree to schedule a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit for the same reason; thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
📣 Maximum Exposure
The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller’s phone number.
📲 Strong Technology
The site should allow home sellers access to agents’ features: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for the highest & best offers, and manage showings.
☎️ Responsive Customer Service
The website should have 5 – Star review online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.
Which Real Estate Website to Choose in Virginia?
Many real estate websites in Virginia have come up in recent years due to the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging for the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale with the help of a top realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you in achieving your concerned goal. In this list of online top real estate companies in Virginia, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering its many features.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in Virginia. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best real estate websites in Virginia.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best
Types of Real Estate Websites
Real Estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
|1.||Best Home Selling Websites||Home selling websites help home sellers list properties online. Best residential real estate websites help to quickly list and sell properties. They provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.|
» Houzeo, Beycome, Zillow, Opendoor
|2.||Best Home Buying Websites||Home-buying websites help buyers search for properties online. Best house-buying websites have detailed information about homes for sale, virtual house tours, and agent connect, and most transactions are carried out paperless and digitally.|
» Redfin, Trulia, Homes.com, RealtyTrac
|3.||Best Rental Website||Rental websites help you find properties for rent. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.|
|4.||Best Property Search Websites||House search properties help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, land plots, ranch, and commercial properties.|
» Realtor.com, Auction, HomeFinder
|5.||Best MLS Listing Websites||Best real estate listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. The best MLS websites list on other MLS (Multiple Listing Sites) to provide greater exposure to the property.|
» Houzeo, Zillow, Beycome
|6.||Best Real Estate Investment Websites||Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on an online platform.|
» Apartments.com, RealtyTrac.com, Auction.com, Zillow
The above table gives you a clear picture of which real estate websites are more relevant to your needs and requirement. Whether you are selling a property or renting, you will find those specific websites mentioned above.
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites which have high technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell a property quickly. We have reviewed the best real estate websites in Virginia for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many real estate agents in Virginia?
There are more than 50,000 Real Estate Agents in the state of Virginia.
Is Virginia a good state for real estate?
Virginia has good quality of life. The state has low crime rates, good employment opportunities, education, and healthcare facilities. Additionally, it has low-interest rates which further adds to its thriving real estate market.
- Real Estate Websites: You need the best tools when selling or buying homes. Read our reviews of the best real estate websites in America and find out who’s #1.
- Virginia Real Estate Market: Will the Virginia real estate market crash in 2023? Find out!
- Real Estate Photographers Virginia: Find out the top real estate photographers in Virginia and make your listing pictures stand out. And learn all the tips and tricks of the best real estate photography Virginia.
- Flipping Houses in Virginia: Home flipping is a popular concept among real estate investors. Discover how house flipping works in Virginia.
- Virginia Flat Fee: Most advanced Flat Fee MLS listing service in Virginia.
- Typical Real Estate Commission in Virginia: The real estate commissions in Virginia average between 5% – 6%. Read on to know how it works, how it is split, and whether they are negotiable.
Recommended For Sellers
- Selling a House in Virginia: You need to take care of a lot of things when selling a house in Virginia. Here is the guide to know everything involved in the selling process.
- How to Sell my House Fast Virginia: The best ways to sell your house fast in Virginia are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
- Virginia Real Estate Seller Disclosures: Understanding and dealing with seller disclosures in Virginia can be intimidating for home sellers. Here’s Houzeo’s guide to help you ace your disclosure requirements.
- Real Estate Wholesaling Virginia: Wholesale real estate in Virginia helps people to sell distressed properties to buyers or to investors and earn a profit out of it.
Recommended For Buyers
How to Buy a House in Virginia: Learn how to buy a house in Virginia and prepare yourself for a smooth and successful real estate purchase.
Virginia FSBO: In an FSBO transaction, the seller takes control of the process and performs all the responsibilities of a traditional agent.
Buyer Closing Costs Calculator Virginia: Use our closing costs calculator to estimate the buyer closing cost in Virginia.
Related: best real estate websites in virginia, best real estate company in Virginia, best real estate agents in virginia beach va, best real estate markets in virginia, best real estate sites virginia, best real estate agents virginia beach, best real estate company in virginia beach, best real estate in virginia, best real estate agent in virginia
title policy definition, low commission real estate agents near me, closing cost calculator Virginia, staging your home, Virginia cash offer, foreclosure meaning, what does title insurance cover in Virginia, preapproval letter for mortgage