From Anchorage to Sitka, Alaska home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Alaska Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular amongst AK home sellers because they have several advantages:
- List & Sell for Just $349: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house, you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS listing services in ‘The Last Frontier’. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Best Flat Fee MLS Alaska Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Congress Realty||$299 - $499||$50 - $300||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Mr. Alaska Real Estate||$299||$250 - $450||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. National Flat Fee Association||$399 - $899||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Best Choice Flat Fee||$399 - $899||2.4% - 2.9%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. ISoldMyHouse||$299 - $399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. FSBO.com||$99 - $399||Up to $335||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Alaska Companies
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Alaska’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $379, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing.
2. Congress Realty
Most Experienced Broker
Congress Realty Offers 3 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service Package.
- Basic Package – $299: It includes a listing term of 6 months and 4 photos with access to all state forms & disclosures, the showing appointment tool, and up to 5 free listing changes.
- Plus Package – $399: The services offered are similar to the basic Package. You can make up to 10 free listing changes. Additionally, automated phone leads are forwarded to you.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services of the Plus Package with unlimited open house postings, social media featured listing, and unlimited free listing changes.
- Full-Service Package – $399+0.5% Commission: This Package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with negotiations, contract review, and closing. They charge 0.5% at closing.
Listing Upgrades: In the cheaper plans, you have to purchase upgrades separately. We’ve summarized all upgrades below.
- Call Forwarding: $50
- Max Photos (if more than 25): $50
- Open House Advertisement: $50
- Listing Renewal: $175
- Pro Photographed Virtual Tour: $350 (could be more. If so, you will be notified)
- Congress Realty Yard Sign: $150
- eLockbox Rental: $295 (includes $125 refundable deposit)
- Combo Lockbox (basic): $50
👉 Our Take: We recommend Congress’ Premium Package. The Premium package comes with unlimited changes, so it’s worth it financially.
» Jared English Congress Realty: Jared English and Congress Realty have an excellent rating on Houzeo.com.
Congress Realty is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option for sellers looking to sell their homes fast.
- Very Experienced & Highly Rated Broker: There are very few brokers as capable as Jared Andrew English. If you are buying or selling, Andrew provides excellent representation and works hard for your interests.
- Excellent Customer Service: Andrew and his team at Congress Realty are fast and reachable.
In our research, we found no red flags with Congress Realty. Jared Andrew English has a stellar reputation within the broker community.
Congress Realty however has a significant number of upgrades. They can add up quick, so if you’re opting for a cheaper plan we recommend you budget for these.
» Congress Realty Reviews: Check out what Houzeo home sellers have to say about working with Congress Realty.
Congress Realty has an excellent rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 127 reviews on Houzeo.com.
Congress Realty is our #2 ranked Flat Fee MLS service in Alaska. What sets Congress Realty apart is its Managing Broker – Jared Andrew English.
Jared Andrew English is an experienced Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented thousands of home sellers. Congress Realty covers all major MLS’ in Alaska.
3. Mr. Alaska Real Estate
ONE BASIC PACKAGE
Mr. Alaska Real Estate
Mr. Alaska Real Estate offers one Flat Fee MLS listing package for FSBO sellers.
- Basic Package – $299: This flat fee package includes an MLS listing and property photo uploads. You can also make unlimited changes to your listing and post about open houses on the MLS.
Listing Upgrades: You must pay extra for additional services over the basic package.
- Contract Write-Up: $450
- Contract Review and Counter Offer Write-Up: $250
👉 Our Take: Mr. Alaska Real Estate is a good choice for sellers looking for local expertise. However, they have only one package and minimal add-ons!
Mr. Alaska Real Estate provides the following advantages to FSBO sellers and home buyers:
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited changes to your listing, but there is no listing period mentioned on their website.
- Local Broker: Rick David, the main broker at Mr. Alaska Real Estate, is a lifelong Alaska resident. He has over 27 years of experience in real estate transactions and offers insightful advice on the local market.
- Contract Writeup and Review: You can opt for the contract writeup to convert your verbal agreement into a professional document. You can also add contract review as an additional service over your one-time flat fee payment.
- Free For Buyers: Buyers can do a property search for free and do not need to pay commission as well.
There are a few red flags with Mr. Alaska Real Estate that can make your experience less than optimal.
- Outdated Website: You need a seller’s dashboard and mobile app for a smooth listing to the closing process. Mr. Alaska Real Estate has none of these!
- Expensive Services: The services are expensive. For example, you pay $299 for the basic package and later add contract writeup plus contract review which is another $450 + $250 from your pocket.
- No Recent Reviews: There are no customer reviews available for Mr. Alaska Real Estate on any of the popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot. This makes it difficult to estimate a seller’s experience correctly.
In our research, we found no recent reviews for Mr. Alaska Real Estate.
Mr. Alaska Real Estate offers just one flat fee MLS plan priced at $299. This is a good option for AK home sellers on a tight budget.
However, for any additional assistance with contract writeups and reviews, you must upgrade your flat fee listing plan. This will add over $500 to your total cost!
4. National Flat Fee Association
National Flat Fee Association
National Flat Fee Association Offers 2 Flat Fee MLS packages and one full-service package.
- Deluxe Package – $399: This plan includes a listing term of 6 months and up to 40 photos. They offer some premium services in this package, like a combo key box, printable color flyer, and yard sign.
- Premium Package – $499: You get all the services of the Basic Package plus a 12-month listing term. You also get the service of reviewing and discussing the contract page by page.
- Full-Service Package – $899: This package comes with the assistance of an agent to help you with the CMA report, negotiations, contract review, and closing.
👉 Our Take: National Flat Fee Association does not allow you to customize your packages. If you want any assistance you have to buy their most expensive package priced at $899.
National Flat Fee Association can be a decent option for sellers looking for local expertise.
- Comprehensive Base Package: The basic package priced at $399 offers a list of services such as a yard sign, buyer lead forwarding, and CMA reports. You can upgrade for contract review and negotiation if required.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated on Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and on local realtor sites for maximum exposure.
National Flat Fee Association’s major red flag is the lack of reliable customer reviews!
- Expensive Full-Service Plan: Most sellers require help during the contract and negotiation stages. You will only get assistance in their most expensive pack which may be a turnoff for most FSBO sellers.
- Lack of Tech: National Flat Fee Association lacks the technological edge that can make your listing to closing journey a breeze. Competitive websites like Houzeo offer an interactive dashboard and free mobile app!
In our research, we found no reliable customer reviews for National Flat Fee Association.
The National Flat Fee Association is a group of local licensed brokers serving the Alaskan market. The platform offers a list of additional services such as yard sign, combo key box, and CMA report within the flat fee plans.
However, National Flat Fee Association lacks the technological edge offered by modern real estate platforms like Houzeo!
5. Best Choice Flat Fee
Best Choice Flat Fee
- Listing Fee: $399-$999
- Additional Fees: 2.9% at closing + $15-$60 for optional services
- No credible reviews were found.
Best Choice Flat Fee provides flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
The packages, pricing, and services vary depending on the state. They typically include:-
- Pricing, Review, and Closing Assistance
- Listing term of 6 to 12 months
- In their full-service package, they offer a listing term until the sale. You will also get broker assistance to handle negotiations, inspection, loan issues, and paperwork up to closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their full-service package for an easy listing option with broker support.
Best Choice Flat Fee is a good choice for homeowners looking for local broker support.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Broker Support: The full-service package priced over $900 offers negotiation, pricing, and contract review by a local broker.
- Buyer Connect: Buyer leads are directly forwarded to you which reduces response time and miscommunication.
Best Choice Flat Fee has some drawbacks, especially for budget-conscious sellers.
- Lack of Tech Features: Best Choice Flat Fee does not have a mobile application or a user-friendly dashboard. A mobile app like Houzeo’s makes listing management a breeze.
- Manual Process: The website has no option for e-signatures. You must submit your forms by fax, mail, or in person.
- Expensive Full-Service Package: The base packages do not offer much support for new home sellers. If you need assistance from a broker you will have to shell out about $1000 for the full-service package.
In our research, we found no credible sources for reviews.
Best Choice Flat Fee is led by broker Eddie Davis. It is a national group of independent real estate brokers.
Although Best Choice Flat fee offers a wide range of plans it is not cost-effective. In Alaska, their basic package itself is priced at $399 and the Full-Service package is priced at $899.
6. I Sold My House
Low Tech, But Great Broker
ISoldMyHouse.com is an online real estate website operating since 1997. They offer the following packages:
- Get Listed – $299+: This plan will allow you to upload 6 photos. The listing term is 6 months.
- Get Sold – $399+: This plan includes 25 photos and a 6-month listing term.
Coverage in 8 States: ISoldMyHouse.com, through its affiliate, Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Take: We recommend ISoldMyHouse.com in the 8 states it services itself. If you’re in one of these states, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan. Photos sell properties, so it’s important to get more than 6 photos.
ISoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of ISoldMyHouse.com, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Strong Customer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com has an excellent 4.7 out of 5 stars rating on Google Reviews and the BBB. This indicates they provide strong support to their customers.
In our research, we found some deal breakers associated with ISoldMyHouse.com.
- Listing and Making Changes Takes Time: In the 42 states + DC where ISoldMyHouse.com does not offer its services, your information is forwarded to a local broker. This process is slow and it can take a few hours or even days to list your house.
- ISoldMyHouse.com is Not 100% Online: ISoldMyHouse.com does not provide any mobile app service to its customers.
ISoldMyHouse.com has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 88 reviews on Better Business Bureau and Google.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Reviews: Check out these reviews before choosing them.
iSoldMyHouse is a great choice in the 8 states it covers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of iSoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., iSoldMyHouse.com is only a referral service. They act as a middleman and will sell your information to a local broker who will help you list on MLS.
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that additional services can add up to a total of $335 in costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package!
🚩 Beware: Flat Fee MLS Alaska Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS Alaska companies is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for. They will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Listing Alaska Pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Alaska Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service AK is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Alaska Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Alaska. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in AK service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Alaska MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Alaska with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing scheduling, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
AK Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Alaska: Some Flat Fee MLS Alaska companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Alaska: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Alaska. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Alaska home sale calculator
Alternatives to Alaska Flat Fee MLS Companies
AK MLS flat fee companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Discount real estate brokers of Alaska offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need maximum hand-holding, we recommend hiring a full-service in-person Alaska realtor or broker. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you won’t save much on real estate agent commission, likely paying a full 5% to 6%.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Fairbanks and other Alaska markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Alaska.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Alaska make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Alaska and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Alaska: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a bit of research, you can sell your home with Alaska Flat Fee real estate brokers.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Alaska. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Alaska Companies
Which is the best Flat Fee MLS company in Alaska?
Houzeo is the best flat fee MLS website in Alaska. Congress Realty and Mr. Alaska Real Estate are distant #2 and #3.
Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Alaska?
Yes. Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Alaska. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Is it hard to sell a house in Alaska?
It can take up to 86 days to sell a house in Alaska. You can always work with a flat fee MLS platform like Houzeo to speed up the process.
Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
- Best Time to Sell a House in Alaska: Selling your house in the right month will fetch you higher returns and ensure you sell quickly. Read our blog to discover the best month to sell your AK home.
- Closing Cost Calculator Alaska Seller: How much will you make selling my house in Alaska? Check out this Calculator.
- How to Sell a House by Owner in Alaska: Save thousands in commissions by selling your home by owner in Alaska.
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Alaska: A typical buyer in Alaska may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in Alaska.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Alaska: Find out who pays closing costs in Alaska and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Alaska: Read more to find out how much title insurance costs in Alaska.
Related Keywords: flat fee mls alaska, alaska mls listings, mls listings alaska, alaska mls listing, alaska real estate mls listings, alaska mls, mls alaska, akmls, ak mls, alaska multiple listing service, alaskamls, alaska lists, alska mls, alaska multiple listing service, best flat fee mls listing service, fsbo alaska, alaska housing, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, akmls, alaskarealestateAlaska Flat Fee MLS