Milwaukee home sellers have listed and sold more homes via WI Flat Fee MLS listings so far in 2023 than in any year prior. And they have saved thousands in listing agent commissions, paying just $299 to $399 on average.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in Cream City. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: 8 Flat Fee MLS Companies in Milwaukee, WI
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes||$2,100||⚠️$100||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Sconsin Sells||1% Commission||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Madcity Homes||$500||⚠️$5-$295||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Lake Country Flat Fee||$2,995||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Realty||$249||0.1%-0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. List With Freedom||$295||0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Companies in Milwaukee, WI
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy! Confirm all prices on the state’s pricing page before you list.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo mobile app is also very powerful.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo.com is Wisconsin’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
In Wisconsin, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329. The Silver package costs $399, and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
» Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin: Check our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Wisconsin.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
2. Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes
Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS provides a single full-service package at a flat rate.
- Listing Plan – $550: The package includes 1-year listing period. Listing gets syndicated to 750+ local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, and more. Professional photography, in-person consultation, market analysis, and yard sign are included in the package.
👉 Our Take: We suggest the $550 package for Wisconsin home sellers within 30 miles of the Historic Third Ward. However, sellers who live outside this area can get a Flat Fee package of $650.
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes is a good Flat Fee MLS option in the 9 counties where it provides services.
- Market Exposure: Your property will get syndicated to local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and many more.
- Professional Digital Photography: They take professional photos of your house that make your listing stand out. You can upload up to 50 photos.
- Free Changes: You can make changes to your listing without paying any additional fees.
- Full-Service In-Person Support: You will get an in-person listing consultation. They will assist you in setting a list price for your home, and complete your paperwork.
In our research, we found some deal breakers with Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes.
- Additional Fees: They charge additional fees for listing of homes with acreage and outbuilding, homes above 4,000 sq/ft, multi-unit properties, and properties located more than 30 miles outside the Historic Third Ward.
- Expensive Package: They only offer a single package, which robs you blind. Moreover, it cannot be altered to suit your needs.
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes has 4.6 out of 5 star rating from 69 total reviews on Google.
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes Reviews: Check Milwaukee Flat Fee homes Google’s review.
Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes provides a single full-service package at $550 upfront + $1,550 at closing which makes up to $2,100.
Note that this pricing applies only for sellers who live within 30 miles of the Historic Third Ward. For sellers outside this area there is an additional fee of $100.
3. Sconsin Sells
Sconsin Sells provides two Flat Fee MLS packages and one Full-service package for home sellers.
- Silver Listing – $299: This package includes a listing period of 3 months with 25 photos. Your listing gets syndicated to local MLS and real estate websites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, etc. Also includes email support.
- Gold Listing – $599: This package includes all the services of the Silver package with a listing period of 12 months & 35 photos. Also includes phone and email support.
- Full-Service Package – 1% Commission at Closing: This package comes with a low commission option of 1% and lists your home until sold. The seller can add 50 photos and gets phone/email support in this package.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their $599 Gold Listing package as it offers a listing term of 12 months and includes phone and email support.
Sconsin Sells is a licensed real estate company that offers Flat Fee MLS listing services.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
- Market Exposure: Your property will get syndicated on many local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and many more.
- Customer Support: Phone and email support are available. However, the Silver Package offers only email support.
- Coverage: SconsinSells.com covers the entire state of Wisconsin.
We discovered some major deal breakers with Sconsin Sells during our research.
- No Pricing Support: It does not provide a market analysis or home valuation report in their basic package.
- Additional Fees For Open Houses: You will have to pay extra for open houses if you take their Silver Listing package.
- Slow Listing Process: Their MLS listing procedure is manual. The entire listing process can take up to over 3 business days depending on how quickly the forms are completed.
- No Credible Customer Reviews: Sconsin Sells doesn’t have customer reviews on trustworthy websites like Google, Yelp.
Sconsin Sells has no credible ratings available.
Sconsin Sells offers three unique packages to its sellers. They also provide sellers with email and phone support.
However, their MLS listing procedure is manual and it can take up to over 3 business days to get your property listed. It doesn’t offer a market analysis report unless you have got their premium package.
4. Madcity Homes
Madcity Homes has one Flat Fee MLS package that can be upgraded to a full-service package.
- Flat Fee MLS Package – $500: This package includes a listing period of 3 months, a comparable sales summary, rental yard sign (available in Dane County only). The listing gets syndicated to local MLS and their website, and real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and more.
- Agent Assitance Package- $3,000: Agent Assistance includes all Flat Fee MLS services plus digital GE Supra Key Lockbox, optional ShowingTime online scheduling system via text or email, and many more.
- Full-service -4% Commission: This package includes the assistance of a real estate agent to help you with negotiations, reviews, counteroffers, amendments, addendums, and notices. It also provides a GE supra key lock box, and a ShowingTime app with agent feedback.
👉 Our Take: We recommend their $500 flat fee package as opting for their full service 4% commission package would be shooting yourself in the foot.
Madcity Homes offers a number of benefits:
- Quick Listing: The MLS listing procedure is fast. Your listing gets activated within 24 hours.
- Market Exposure: Your property gets syndicated on local and national websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and many more.
- Auto Email Datafeed: Your property will be included in the Realtor email data feeds.
- Good Customer Reviews: Madcity Homes enjoys a robust customer review. Many customers said their experience was good and their team was quick to respond.
According to our study, Madcity Homes has a few negatives.
- Additional Charges: Madcity Homes charges you extra to extend the listing period, install new signs, and more.
- Features Unavailable: Some of the features like sign, digital lockbox are not available in all areas. Combo lockboxes may be substituted in some areas outside Dane County.
- Limited Coverage: They provide services only in Columbia, Dane, Dodge, Gree, Iowa, Jefferson, Rock, and Sauk counties.
Madcity Homes has 4.9 out of 5 stars from 75 reviews on Google.
Madcity Homes: Check Madcity Homes Google’s review and choose accordingly.
Madcity Homes’ Flat Fee MLS package provides good exposure to your property. Their professional photography services can be a great tool in your marketing strategy to grab the attention of potential buyers.
However, they charge extra if you want to extend the listing period, install new signs, and more.
5. Lake Country Flat Fee
Lake Country Flat Fee provides only one full-service package at $2,995.
- Full-Service Flat Fee Listing: The package includes listing term of 6 months and 50 MLS photos. All services from listing on MLS to negotiations and closing are provided. The package also includes free listing changes & cancellations, and a yard sign.
👉 Our Take: The single package that Lake Country Flat Fee provides is expensive compared to other flat fee MLS providers. A full-service package option without a choice has several drawbacks.
Lake Country Flat Fee offers its services in South East Wisconsin including the counties of Waukesha, Milwaukee, Washington, Ozaukee, Jefferson, Dodge, Walworth, Racine, and Kenosha.
- Comparable Market Analysis and Pre-Listing Advice: Lake Country Flat Fee compares recently sold properties and current active listings to help you price your home competitively.
- Listing Term and Cancellation: The 6-month listing period can be extended or canceled for no extra charge.
- Free Listing Changes: You can make changes to your listing including changing the price, photos, text, etc for no additional fees.
In our research, we found some dealbreakers with Lake Country Flat Fee.
- Expensive Package: The only package that Lake Country Flat Fee offers will burn a hole in your pocket. There are other flat fee MLS companies that offer similar services but at a reasonable rate.
- Limited Coverage: The company does not cover the entire state of Wisconsin.
Lake Country Flat Fee has 4.9 out of 5 stars from 203 reviews on Google.
Lake Country Flat Fee Reviews: Check Lake Country Flat Fee Google’s review and choose accordingly
Lake Country Flat Fee has a solid track record and a highly experienced real estate team to assist you.
The company offers you only one package worth $2,995. This is quite expensive compared to other players in the market. Moreover, the company doesn’t cover the entire state of Wisconsin.
6. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Realty: Check out our in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Realty before choosing them.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Simple Modifications: With Flat Fee Realty you can make free status and price changes. Changes are important as casual errors can be corrected if present when the listing goes live.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. If you decide not to sell your home, some of your listing fees will be refunded. If the listing process is completed by their broker, there are no refunds.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home.
- Free Disclosures: Just like taxes, documentation is an important aspect of home selling. Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty does not provide customization in their packages.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
» Flat Fee Realty Reviews: Read our in-depth review on Flat Fee Realty.
Flat Fee Realty has a free cancellation policy that refunds the amount within 30 days of cancellation. When it comes to how does Flat Fee Realty work with price and image updation after listing you can do it at no additional cost.
Flat Fee Realty Group has limited customization with additional packages for sellers. A 0.25% of the buyer’s broker commission is retained by the listing broker.
7. List with Freedom
List With Freedom provides 3 packages which range from $149 – $295.
- Gold Package – $149: This package allows listing for 6 months and 6 photo uploads with unlimited changes.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and maximum photo uploads. However, you must pay an additional 0.25% fee on closing.
👉 Our Take: List With Freedom can be a decent choice for experienced sellers. Their MLS Gold package at $149 is affordable.
List With Freedom is one of the oldest Flat Fee MLS services based out of Florida. Here are some of their best features:
- Cheap Pricing Plans: List With Freedom listings start at $149.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited modifications to any of their packages.
- Buyer Leads Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you with no agent involvement.
» Pros and Cons of List With Freedom: Check out the advantages and drawbacks before dealing with List with Freedom.
List With Freedom has two major drawbacks you should know about.
- Hidden Costs: ListWithFreedom charges between 0.1% to 0.25% at closing (over your one-time flat fee payment). This closing cost is not mentioned on their pricing page. These hidden costs are not included in List With Freedom fees.
- Average Customer Reviews: ListWithFreedom does not enjoy robust customer reviews. Past sellers said that their experience was just average thanks to the lack of pricing and negotiation assistance.
Ralph Harvey headed List With Freedom has affordable MLS listing TN packages that are ideal for an experienced seller. The listing process is quick and simple.
However, you can only get MLS listings with List with Freedom as they do not provide any pricing or negotiation assistance. Pricing your home just right will attract more buyers but can be a complicated process. If you are new to the market make sure you get proper guidance or lose thousands of dollars!
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- FSBO Package – $99.95: This package lists your property on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. It allows you to make changes and cancel your listing anytime.
- MLS Package – $399.95: With this package, your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months with 20 photos. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $75
- Open House Posting: $50
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package for experienced sellers. However, you pay extra fees for add-on services that are included in the basic package by other companies.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User Friendly Interface: The website is easy to navigate. This helps you to easily create your listing and add property information.
- Nationwide Coverage: With FSBO.com your property gets a nationwide exposure.
» Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: We have done in-depth analysis of FSBO.com.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com.
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com shares your information with a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Sellers are connected with local brokers for listing. Moreover, online FSBO.com reviews are mixed.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You need to pay $50 extra for uploading more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive À la Carte Services: You need to pay $50 – $150 for services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Read why the oldest FSBO website isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market!
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package.
🚩 Beware: Milwaukee, WI Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS Milwaukee, WI companies is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than anticipated.
» FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS listing Wisconsin pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service Milwaukee is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a flat fee listing Milwaukee service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Milwaukee. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in Milwaukee service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
What to Consider Before Hiring a Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS Service?
When selecting a Flat Fee MLS listing service in Milwaukee, consider the following factors:
- Savings: Compare the pricing structures of different services to find one that aligns with your budget. Ensure you understand exactly what services are included in the flat fee package and if there are any additional costs.
- MLS Coverage: Verify which MLS databases the flat fee service has access to. Check whether it covers the geographical area where your property is located. Also, ensure the service can list your home in the relevant WI MLS databases.
- Customer Support: Evaluate the level of customer support provided by the Flat Fee MLS service. Check if they offer assistance with inquiries, negotiations, or offer management.
What Do You Get With a Milwaukee Flat Fee Listing?
With a Milwaukee flat fee listing, you typically receive the service of listing your property on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for a one-time fee. This allows your property to be visible to Realtors in Wisconsin and potential buyers across the state.
Some Milwaukee Flat-Fee MLS services offer additional marketing tools and resources for an extra fee. This may include staging help, virtual tours, professional photography, and more. These additional tools can help enhance the visibility of your listing.
Who Benefits Most from Milwaukee Flat-Fee Listing Services?
Milwaukee flat fee listing services can be advantageous for a variety of individuals. Here are some examples:
- For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Sellers: With Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS companies, FSBO sellers may save thousands on WI real estate agent commissions.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors in Milwaukee who frequently trade can benefit from Milwaukee Flat Fee services.
- Distressed Property Owners: Listing your distressed home on the MLS can attract the attention of real estate investors who look for properties with discounted prices.
How to List on Milwaukee MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing schedule, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing agreement will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡How to List on MLS by Owner in Wisconsin: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
WI Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller Disclosure in Wisconsin: Some Flat Fee MLS Wisconsin companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process.
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Wisconsin: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Wisconsin. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Wisconsin home sale calculator.
Alternatives to Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS WI companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned home equity.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Wisconsin discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Low-commission real estate agents typically charge between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- List With a Full Service Realtor: You can also hire a full-service in-person Wisconsin Realtor for all the professional help you need. Although convenient, you are likely paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer/Cash Home Buyers: iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes throughout Wisconsin. Cash buyers in Milwaukee make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: FSBO websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Wisconsin and save thousands in listing agent commissions. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites Wisconsin: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. With a bit of research, you can sell your home with a Milwaukee Flat Fee Realtor.
Houzeo is the best MLS listing site in Milwaukee. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who offers the best flat fee MLS listing service in Milwaukee, WI?
Various Flat fee MLS companies in Milwaukee, WI provide unique packages that can help a home seller. Amongst them, Houzeo is a great option for a quick and smooth home sale experience. Milwaukee Flat Fee Homes and Sconsin Sells are other good options.
2. Can I list on the MLS without a real estate agent?
Yes, you can list your home on the MLS with a Milwaukee Flat Fee MLS listing service, eliminating the listing agent's 3% commission right away!
3. How much does it cost to list your home on Milwaukee MLS for a flat fee?
On an average, listing your home on the Milwaukee MLS costs around $299 to $399 on average.
4. Is Flat Fee MLS legal in Milwaukee, WI?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including Milwaukee, WI. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
5. What are the potential drawbacks of listing with a Flat Fee Service?
While Flat Fee MLS listings offer several benefits, there are also potential drawbacks to consider.
1. Hidden Fees
2. Limited Support
3. Limited Coverage
But you're in luck! Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront and has a customer rating of 4.9 out of 5. Additionally, Houzeo has a near nationwide coverage.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one the best FSBO sites in America.
Related: flat fee listing milwaukee wi, flat fee mls listing milwaukee wi, flat fee mls listing milwaukee wi, mls milwaukee wi, milwaukeemls, milwaukee multiple listing service, real estate agents in milwaukee, mls flat fee service milwaukee wisconsin, flat fee mls milwaukee wi, milwaukee flat fee mls wisconsin, flat fee mls listing reviews milwaukee wisconsin, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo