Iowa home prices have increased 11% in the past year to reach an average of $100,000. And it’s a hot seller’s market in most of the state. That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save at least $21,000 in real estate agent commissions!
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings of Iowa Flat Fee MLS Companies
- How Much Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
- Detailed Reviews of the Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services
- Frequently Asked Questions
Flat Fee MLS Companies Iowa – Rankings
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|3. Flat Fee Group||$399||⚠️3%- 3.5%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$199||⚠️0.1%- 0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. FSBO||$399||⚠️$150- $300||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|6. I Sold My House||$299||⚠️$150- $300||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Pro Metro Realty||$2,495||⚠️$500||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Real People, Real Stories
How Much Does a Flat Fee MLS Listing Cost?
There are 2 types of costs associated with a Flat Fee MLS listing
- Upfront Flat Fee: This is what you’ll pay to get on the MLS. Typically the upfront fee is between $300 to $500.
- Fees at Closing: Typically there’s no fee at closing in Iowa for a Flat-Fee MLS listing agent, unless you purchase additional services like a “Contract to Close Consulting Package” or select one of the high-service plans.
- Hidden Charges (🚩): Many unscrupulous brokers will reel you in with a $99 listing. Buyer beware – that’s just the start. You’ll be frustrated paying an additional $500+ in hidden fees. A $50 yard sign will be sold you to for $135. Some brokers will charge you hidden fees at closing, but you’ll only find out about these when you’re ready to close. That’s way too late to do anything about it
7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Iowa
- Listing Fee: $299 to $399
- Available nationwide
- Listings Featured on Houzeo App
Houzeo saves you the listing agent commission. In addition, Houzeo’s superb technology gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. You can counter an offer online, request highest & best, and even manage your showings. If you ever need help, Houzeo gives you 5-star customer service – via chat, email, and phone.
Finally, Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront.
»SAVE: Start your free listing on Houzeo.com today!
- No hidden fees
- Maximum MLS exposure via the MLS – Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtor.com, and 100s of other sites
- 100% automated process on the web and the new Houzeo mobile app
- Fast listing and listing changes
- Online Showings Management – via the web and the Houzeo mobile app
- Online offers Management- counter an offer or request highest & best yourself!
- Risk-free. Cancel anytime
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating (1,637 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google Reviews and Trustpilot
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Manage your showings online
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
- Listing Fee: $95-$395
- Covers entire IA
- No mobile app
The minimum price you have to pay for the listing is $295, which comes with 6 photos of your property on MLS, and if you wish to add up more you can pay extra for it. Many other companies allow you to upload at least 10 photos at the same price. You can look forward to selecting this company if you need For Sale By Owner option in Iowa. Also, they do not provide any money-back guarantee if they fail to help you sell your house.
»SAVE: How to List on MLS For Sale By Owner
- Similar to Houzeo, Fizber also gives you access to the MLS
- You’ll be referred to a broker who covers your states. That broker may have additional options to help you upgrade
- Because Fizber brokers are not on the platform (everything is offline), you won’t have control over your selling experience
- You may be assigned a broker who doesn’t have good reviews
- There’s no mobile app, social media sharing, or any advanced features of any kind
- Listings can take 4 business days to go live. Additionally, since listing updates are manual, they take longer. For example, scheduling an open house will need to be done a week in advance
- Finally, offers will be sent to your broker, who can’t really forward them instantly
Fizber has a 1.8 out of 5 rating (13 total reviews) on popular review site Better Business Bureau
3. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee RealtyLearn more
- Listing Fee: $199
- 0.1% to 0.25% hidden fees
- Additional Fees of $50
The listing service covers only the top MLS’ in Iowa. They offer only a Flat Fee MLS Iowa listing package that is pegged at $199 and allows only 6 photos to be uploaded. If you want to upload more photos then you have to pay an additional $50. Not only do they offer a single MLS Iowa package but also their package does not have à la carte options to choose from.
You need to sell your home ONLY with the services they provide, not with which you want. Not just this, their listing broker will retain 0.10% to 0.25% of the buyer’s broker commission for reasons not explicitly disclosed on their website.
»SAVE: How to Wholesale Real Estate
- One of the cheapest options for Flat Fee MLS Iowa
- Your listing comes with state-wise seller disclosures that will eliminate last-minute surprises
- Free listing changes
- The basic package has only 6 photos included
- It is available in select areas of Iowa
- Flat Fee Realty does not offer any assistance in pricing or contract
No credible reviews found for this Flat Fee MLS listing service!
4. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee GroupLearn more
- Listing Fee: $399-$1395
- 3.5% at Closing
- Low on Tech
The packages are quite costly compared to other companies in the list, the basic package is pegged at $399 but they also charge you 3.5% at closing. They have two full-service packages: 1. $799 upfront, and 3.5% at closing; 2. If your home is valued at less than $299,000 then you’d be paying $1,395 and 3% at closing. Their basic package does not include CSS – showing service & feedback, realtor sized sign with frame and Market Analysis (CMA).
If you choose Houzeo’s Virtual Full-Service Package, no matter what the value of your home is, you only pay $399 + 0.75% at closing, so essentially you will be getting all the services by an agent for a much lower fee!
»SAVE: How to Sell a House By Owner
- A Flat Fee option is available, and multiple services are available on à la carte basis
- 2 Full-Service options are available to choose from
- Upload up to 25 photos even in the basic package
- Technologically underdeveloped
- Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first. This opens the doors to the listed agents calling you every now and then
- No scope of substantial savings as compared to other companies
No credible reviews found about this Flat Fee MLS listing service.
- Listing Fee: $99-$399
- Limited à la carte services
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies
Affordability being their major plus, FSBO is coupled with some cons as well. They do not provide much of à la carte services – this includes not offering a professional photographer or a real estate attorney on à la carte basis.
There is a separate fee for a yard sign, open house postings, brochures, and other FSBO-related items since they are not involved in the entire package or on an à la carte basis.
»SAVE: Paperwork for Selling a House Without a Realtor
- No hidden fees
- The basic package starts at just $99
- Full FSBO coverage
- The basic package does not cover the entire MLS package
- Since FSBO brokers are not active on the platform and with everything offline, you will have lesser control over the sale
- They have a manual process that means more time to list your property. Listings can take up to 4 days to go live
- No à la carte options
No credible reviews found about this Flat Fee MLS listing service
6. I Sold My House
I Sold My HouseLearn more
- Listing Fee:$299-$399
- List within 48 hours
- No customization available
One of the better features that they have is that they directly forward all the buyer leads to you i.e., the home seller. You can also pay $50/month to feature your listing on their homepage and sidebar, this will give your home added exposure and might lead to a quick sale.
These packages are quite stringent and do not allow a lot of customization, and not a lot of à la carte options are available.
»SAVE: Selling a House in California By Owner
- You save money on listing commission
- Buyer leads are directly forwarded to the seller
- No additional fees for scheduling an open house
- There have been many customer complaints about their customer service
- No customizations available
- No à la carte services offered
- Limited marketing on your listing
I Sold My House has a 4.7 out of 5 rating (37 total reviews) on popular review site Better Business Bureau
7. Pro Metro Realty
Pro Metro RealtyLearn more
- Listing Fee: $2,495
- Free Market Analysis Report
- Low on Tech
They do provide a free market analysis report that can help you price your home correctly, and also a no-obligation consultation that can help the first-time home sellers a lot. However, even after paying such a high fee, they make you pay extra for videography, aerial photography and even home staging.
Also, they have not disclosed properly for how long your home will be listed on the MLS and how many photos are allowed to be uploaded. And thus, you might be in for a surprise!
»SAVE: Best Low Commission Real Estate Companies
- Free Market Analysis Report
- No-obligation consultation
- Marketing ads and flyers
- No details on listing period or photos upload
- Additional fees for videography and home staging
- One of the costliest packages in Iowa
Pro Metro Realty has a 4 out of 5 rating (124 total reviews) on popular review site Yelp
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Companies In Iowa
What Are the Top For Sale By Owner Sites In Iowa?
By far, Houzeo has been the leading Flat Fee MLS site in Iowa followed by Fizber and Flat Fee Realty.
Is Flat Fee Legal in Iowa?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all across the US. In fact, the DOJ of America recently updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner.
How Long Does It Take For My Listing To Go Live?
Typical stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in Iowa, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time).
To avail of this expedited listing, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Please Expedite My Listing: “. Do this only after you’ve complete all the tasks your broker has assigned to you. Make sure all sellers have signed the required documents.
Note that listings can be expedited in most major MLS’ but not all MLS’ are covered under this policy. Call us at (844) 448-0047 if you have questions about whether your MLS is covered.
Can I Change/Update My Listing Information?
Yes, you can easily request amendments in your listing, including advertising open houses, changing listing prices, adding photos, updating the description, and more. Watch our comprehensive video tutorial on how can you change your listing information in minutes.
Can I List My House On MLS Without A Licensed Agent?
No, you cannot list your house without a listing agent on an MLS website. However, with Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS listing, you can do it for a nominal flat fee.