New York’s real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But, home prices have increased to reach a median price of $559,200. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions!
Flat Fee MLS New York companies will help you save thousands of dollars on the median home in the state! Here are our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in New York.
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS New York Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Flat Fee Realty||$179||0.1% to 0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. Net Realty Now||$1,299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Flat Fee Group||$199||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Real People, Real Stories
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS New York Companies
- 📌In New York, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329, the Silver at $399, the Gold at $499 and the Platinum at $499+.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Flat Fee Realty
If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option.
Packages: Flat Fee Realty typically offers only ONE Flat Fee MLS listing package in every state. The price varies from $159 – $299. Only 6 photos can be uploaded with this listing. If you want to upload more photos, you must pay an additional $50.
👉 Our Take: The Flat Fee MLS packages they offer are less flexible. Whereas, with Houzeo, you have the freedom to customize your plan and control your expenses.
🚩 You Should Know: As mentioned on their website, their listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
- Unlimited listing changes
- Free cancellation anytime and refund available within 30 days of purchase
- Free state disclosures for all the states
- Less scope of customization
- Listing broker may retain 0.1% – 0.25% of the buyers’ broker commission
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
Flat Fee Realty is licensed in Connecticut.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in this state.
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
Realmart is a known seller portal that allows home sellers in New York to sell their houses while saving on commissions.
Packages: Realmart has 3 packages that include a rental, a flat fee MLS, and a full-service package.
- Rental Listing Plan – $295: Includes a 3-month listing period and 6 photos. Listing is syndicated on Realtor.com, Trulia, Homes.com, and major websites. The package also includes unlimited online change requests, e-mail/phone support, and much more.
- Flat Fee MLS Listing Plan – $395: Includes a 6-month listing period and 6 photos. Listing is syndicated on Realtor.com, Trulia, Homes.com, and major websites. The package also includes unlimited online change requests, e-mail/phone support, a “for sale by owner” sign, and more.
- Professional Agency Plan – $695 + 1% at closing: Listing is retained until sold. This package includes paperwork support, open houses, a digital lockbox, agent consultation, and more.
👉 Our Take: Realmart provides great packages with a-la-carte features. However, many of their best features are in the full-service package which can be expensive for a home seller.
- Several à la carte services to choose from.
- Money back guarantees if you switch to a full-service agent.
- Expensive packages
- Listing is not 100% online.
Realmart has 4.5 out of 5 stars (195 total reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realmart covers all the major MLS’ in New York.
Hauseit is a flat fee MLS New York-based company that lists your home on the MLS and helps you save on agent commissions.
Packages: Hauseit offers some of the costliest Flat Fee MLS packages. The costs differ from state to state.
- Their packages start from $95 and go up till $1,599. Each package has its unique features that allow a home seller to list and sell their property effortlessly. Some common features their packages include is a listing period of 12 months, anytime cancellation, free listing updates, and more.
👉 Our Take: Hauseit’s packages are expensive for home sellers who want to save money, but their good reputation and diverse features make them a good option. To get similar service at an affordable rate, Houzeo can prove to be a great choice.
- Free changes to your listing in all their packages.
Hauseit has 5 out of 5 stars (182 total reviews) on Google.
5. Net Realty Now
Net Realty Now is a Flat Fee MLS listing company that allows you to list your property using their packages.
Packages: They have 2 packages for each of the state they provide services.
- Their packages for each licensed state range from $299 – $1,299. Common services of all their packages include a 6-month listing period, virtual tours, and make unlimited changes to your listing. They also give you comparable sales information on similar properties (if available).
👉 Our Take: Net Realty Now offers economical packages that can help home sellers save immensely. However, you cannot customize the plan based on your needs. Houzeo’s packages are made to suit each home seller’s needs to make their sale successful.
- You can upload up to 150 photos in their most expensive plan.
- Unlimited text editing of your MLS listing.
- No built-in home valuation.
- Lack of customization.
No reviews were found on enough credible websites to provide a positive or negative rating for this company.
Net Realty Now covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: the District of Columbia, Maryland, New York, and Virginia.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS District of Columbia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in the District of Columbia.
- Flat Fee MLS Maryland: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Maryland.
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York.
- Flat Fee MLS Virginia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Virginia.
ISoldMyHouse is an online real estate website that focuses on helping homeowners sell their home and keep the most amount of money in their pocket.
Packages: ISoldMyHouse offers 2 Flat Fee MLS listing services.
- Get Listed Package – $299: With this package, you can list your home on the MLS for sale by owner. It allows a maximum of 6-10 photos. Buyer leads are directly forwarded to you.
- Get Sold Package – $399: This package is different from the $299 package in that it allows a maximum of 25 photos to be uploaded.
👉 Our Take: As per our research, their customer service is incompetent. We recommend you to sell FSBO with Houzeo instead because it ensures excellent customer support to address all your queries.
» ISoldMyHouse Reviews: Are they the right choice? Read to find out.
- Save on listing agent commissions and additional fees.
- Buyer leads are directly forwarded to the home seller.
- Powerful real estate marketing platform.
- Maximum exposure on internet search engines, real estate search portals, and social media to target potential buyers.
- You are on your own to market your property.
- Poor customer service as reported by users.
ISoldMyHouse has 4.7 out of 5 stars (35 total reviews) on BBB.
ISoldMyHouse covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: Connecticut, Maine, Georgia, New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Review our list of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut.
- Flat Fee MLS Maine: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Maine.
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia.
- Flat Fee MLS New York: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York.
- Flat Fee MLS Massachusetts: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Massachusetts.
- Flat Fee MLS New Hampshire: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in New Hampshire.
- Flat Fee MLS Rhode Island: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Rhode Island.
- Flat Fee MLS Vermont: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Vermont.
7. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group is an MLS listing service that offers flat-fee packages as well as full-service packages.
Packages: Flat Fee Group’s packages vary depending on the state. They typically include MLS listing within 48 hrs, phone & email support, and a listing term of 6 months to a year. You do get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, but they are generally expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. The quality of service may not be consistent throughout. For a more trustworthy real estate service, we recommend Houzeo, which has a 5-star rating on major review sites.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group.
- Flexible flat fee packages with different services.
- No hidden fees.
- Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first. This opens the doors to the listed agents calling you every now and then.
- No scope of substantial savings as compared to other companies.
- Low on tech.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews available.
Flat Fee Group is available nationwide.
🚩Beware: New York Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with New York Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS New York Pricing page.
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services in New York Cities
We reviewed some of the best local real estate agents offering Fixed Fee MLS listing services in the top cities of New York. As these companies are based in the respective cities or counties, their expertise in those respective regions will help you sell your home. With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee listing companies in New York, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Syracuse||All Flat Fee MLS Syracuse listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Syracuse, NY Listing Services
|Rochester||Flat Fee MLS Rochester packages will help you save thousands of dollars and list your house on local MLS. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Rochester, NY Listing Services
|Long Island||Long Island Flat Fee MLS listing providers maximize your home’s exposure with proper market analysis. By adding a few more bucks you can choose extra services and make a valuable deal. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Long Island, NY Listing Services
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars in average real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. This gives your property maximum exposure, increasing the chances of a sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through typical typical real estate company in New York to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees. On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realty or flat rate real estate agent.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Everything You Need To Know About Flat Fee MLS
Do Flat Fee MLS New York Listings Work?
Yes. More than 50% of buyers wanted an agent to find them a house. Therefore, real estate agents in New York are vital in getting top dollar for your property sale. In fact, the Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS New York Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing in New York, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details about your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in New York.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How to List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in New York: All You Need to Know
Sell A House By Owner in New York
If you want to sell a house FSBO in New York, list your home using Flat Fee MLS New York listing services. This way you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You need to take care of certain important factors when you sell your house by owner in New York or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and most importantly marketing.
» Can I Sell My House In New York Without a Realtor: Know About the Ins and Outs of Selling a House In New York.
Sell Your House Fast in New York
The best ways to sell your house fast in New York are by listing it on the MLS or selling it to cash home buyers. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling it quickly.
Closing Costs for Sellers in New York
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in New York. Additionally, each state has its own set of fees that a home seller needs to pay.
But do not worry, you can calculate the approximate seller’s closing costs in New York with this advanced calculator.
» Do Sellers Pay Closing Costs in New York : Be Prepared for the Closing!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in New York
Most of the companies we mentioned above are reliable and trusted real estate brands amongst home sellers and that’s why you need not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee mls listing in New York then there are other alternatives to save on commissions.
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Sell your home with the top discount realtors in New York, these are our recommendations:
|Homelight||2.5% of the sale price|
|Redfin||1.5% of the sale price|
|Ideal Agent||2% of the sale price|
|UpNest||2.5% of the sale price|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in America.
Option 2: Sell as For Sale By Owner
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ FSBO Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as is in New York to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Cash for Homes New York: Best Cash Companies in New York help you maximize your profits!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price.
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable.
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price.
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: New York real estate brokers with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit from working with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» How much are Realtor Fees in New York: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in New York!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS NY
Which are the best Flat Fee MLS companies in New York?
Houzeo is one of the best Flat Fee MLS listing companies in New York. Their advanced tech and responsive customer service have helped them create a dedicated customer base in many states. Besides Houzeo, Realmart, Hauseit, and Net Realty Now are other well-known companies in New York that can help local home sellers.
What is a Flat Fee in Real Estate?
When you are selling your home you have two options: either sell via an agent or sell it yourself aka for sale by owner. If you go with an agent, you will have to pay 2%-3% to them as agent commissions, however, in the second method, you list your home with a Flat Fee MLS listing service for an upfront flat fee and eliminate the listing agent and their commission, thus saving you 3% of your selling costs right away.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in New York. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Are Flat Fee Realtors Good?
Some home sellers are skeptical about flat-fee agents because they work for such a low price but a Flat Fee MLS listing service like Houzeo stands out with its excellent services, maximum savings, and praiseworthy customer support.
Resources for Selling Your New York Home
- Selling Property in New York: Know how to sell your home in New York.
- Selling Home as is in New York: Know how to sell your house in New York without making any repairs.
- Selling Inherited Property New York: Know how to sell an inherited home in New York
- Best Month to Sell a House in New York: Know when to put your New York house in the market for sale.
- Best Real Estate Websites New York: Check out the best real estate websites for your next real estate journey.
- For Sale By Owner Contracts for New York: Read our detailed guide on how to draw up an FSBO contract in New York.
Related: flat fee mls ny, mls new york state, mls listings NYC, nymls, multiple listing service new york, multiple listing service ny, nys MLS, flat fee mls realty, flat fee realtor, flat fee real estate agents, flat fee real estate services, flatfeemls, flat fee listing agent, flat fee real estate listing, best flat fee mls company, best flat fee mls service, best mls listing, mls flat fee, mls flat fee listing, new york city mls real estate, what is the best flat fee mls listing service, flat fee mls listing new york, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate housing market, NY housing market, sell house fast in New York, sell my house fast for cash in New York, home staging resource, central New York home staging, real estate photography New York, NY fsbo, real estate agent New York, cash offer for my home New York