As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed top real estate websites in New York and ranked them as per their expertise.
» Jump To:
- Rankings: Best New York Real Estate Websites of 2022
- Reviews: Best NY Real Estate Websites of 2022
- What is a Real Estate Website?
- Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
- Which Real Estate Website to Choose?
Rankings: Best New York Real Estate Websites of 2022
|High on Technology||Houzeo↗️|
|Best Mobile App for Buyers||Trulia↗️|
|Best Discounted Brokerage||Redfin↗️|
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in New York
Houzeo is the most popular and competitive platform for sellers looking for full-service affordable companies that will give maximum savings with minimum real estate agent interaction. Also, Houzeo is considered to be the best Flat Fee MLS and FSBO provider in the New York real estate market.
Houzeo, one of the top real estate sites, has superb technology and gives you full control of your listing. MLS listings are syndicated on Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites with flexible and affordable plans.
📱 Enjoy Cutting Edge Technology: Home sellers, after registering, get access to an exclusive seller dashboard where they can receive, review, and compare offers. The platform also allows features like contract updates, counter offers, home showings, lockbox, yard signs, and more.
⭐ 5 Star Reviews: With superior reviews on Google and Trustpilot, Houzeo is also the most advanced For Sale By Owner (FSBO) platform in the United States.
✅ Best For: All sellers who want instant and wide exposure for their property.
»Explore more: What is Houzeo?
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with Houzeo Concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
- Zero hidden fees
- 100% automated process
- Buyer leads are directly shared with the seller
- Counter-offer feature
- Affordable full-service packages
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
Trulia was launched in 2005 and became popular due to its advanced website and mobile app. Homebuyers and renters do much of their searching using their mobile devices. Trulia’s app is powerful and easy to use which makes it our choice for the best mobile app.
Through Trulia, users can get a view of their potential neighborhood.
It has advanced filters like
- narrowing your search based on price range
- home style
- number of bedrooms
- interactive map and versatile filters
📲 Trulia’s app: It provides information about schools, community centers, restaurants, and nearby stores with interactive map and versatile filters.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary and aims to be a one-stop shop for buyers and sellers, with the backing of the biggest real estate database in the US. Trulia strongly focuses on educating and community engagement with an interactive, free mobile app.
Such features make Trulia one of the top online real estate sites in the US.
»Learn More: 11 Best Real Estate Websites in 2022
- Accurate local information
- Mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator
- Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize the app experience
- No option to list properties
- Need to maintain an account for saving search criteria
Trulia has a rating of 4/5 rating on Consumer Affairs.
Trulia is available nationwide.
StreetEasy is New York City’s leading local real estate platform on mobile and the Web, providing comprehensive listings and market data. Hyper-local data that is transparent and relevant has added to its success in New York City real estate.
They get all their listings from major brokerages in New York and individual brokers and landlords. They will soon roll out StreetScape which will let you see information about apartments in real-time on the street.
- Save top searches
- Search filter options: Pets allowed, Elevator, Doorman
- Integration with nyc.gov sources
- StreetEasy Flexible Search
🔍 Explore: Top Real Estate Companies in New York
- 3D tours: 3D tours that help potential buyers and renters view properties they’re interested in without viewing in person.
- Notifications: A wide range of editable user notifications are implemented using Sendwithus and Iterable services.
- New Development: It’s a name for a feature that allows users to express interest in properties that are “newcomers” on the market as well as the sale/rental of apartments that are expected in the near future.
- Agent Tools: Real Estate agents can create listing drafts and share them with other agents, analyze users’ interest in them, and promote property listings to reach more potential customers.
- Scraping: Adding listings from third-party sites is achieved with the help of scraping, a technology for obtaining web data by extracting it from external websites.
- Twilio: Communication between users and agents is performed through messages within the app, and phone calls, which are tracked using Twilio, a cloud communications platform.
- StreetEasy Flexible Search: It gives one the option to choose amenities like must-have or nice-to-have. Ex: Washer, Dryer, Outdoor space, Fireplace, etc
Streeteasy has 2.4/5 rating on Google reviews.
Streeteasy covers Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and New Jersey
Realtor.com is the official listing site of the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) and is one of the most comprehensive source of listings and information sourced for homebuyers and sellers. Many REALTORS consider it as one of the best housing sites.
Realtor.com has huge statistical data because it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems and this information is updated regularly, making it the most accurate real estate database. You can choose to register with a REALTOR since the NAR is a professional and reliable platform to find yourself an agent.
You can also use Realtor.com to find pre-approved, competitive mortgage rates, and plan an affordable home financing engagement.
🔍 Explore: Top REALTORS in New York
- Accurate local information from 800 regional MLS
- Mortgage and refinance calculators
- Trust-worthy realtor community
- No saving on realtor commissions (6% of the home sale price)
- Manual, offline process
Realtor.com has 3.9/5 rating on Consumer Affairs.
Realtor.com is available nationwide.
- Listing Fee: 3%(on MLS), Free on platform
- Listings Featured on Zillow App
Zillow is a real estate marketplace with over 200 million homes in its database. Extensive sorting criteria and seamless home-browsing feature makes Zillow one of the best real estate websites in 2022.
Zillow features include:
- Search for homes and apartments
- List house for sale
- Tour the home through pictures and videos
- Connect with agents and lenders
- Push notifications of updates to your search criteria.
The platform sources listings from the MLS and also includes properties as part of foreclosures, auctions, and for sale by owner.
⚠️ Caution: The platform hides FSBO listings in the “Other Listings” category which makes it harder for the buyer to find FSBO information. By default, Zillow only displays agent listings.
✅ Additional Features: Zillow offers a robust suite of apps and guides such as Zillow Zestimate, mobile app, 3D virtual home touring app, rental manager app, etc. has facilitated home buyers in their home searching journey. It is also the most downloaded mobile app and has garnered nearly 40M unique visits.
» Explore More: Should You List FSBO on Zillow in 2022?
- Biggest real estate website in the US
- Zillow Zestimate
- Zillow mobile app
- 3D virtual home touring app
- Rental manager app
- Hides FSBO seller listings by default
- Solicitation calls from agents
- Poor customer service
Zillow has 1.7/5 (240 reviews) rating on Trustpilot.
Zillow is available nationwide.
About: With a unique salaried agent model, Redfin has revolutionized discounted brokerage services and has more than 3000 agents across the country. As opposed to paying 3% for a traditional agent, you can get to choose a listing fee between 1% and 2% depending on the services you pick.
Redfin offsets its low prices by reducing operating costs with a salaried team and upselling current customers on add-on services and premium support.
Their agents handle a larger volume of customers per agent, so customer service quality is inconsistent.
The technology-first approach makes the entire process transparent, but the paperwork, follow-up, showing management, etc. still stays offline.
Unlike Houzeo, which has digitized the paperwork and made the home selling a seamless journey, Redfin’s mobile app only allows browsing homes, listing, and contacting agents.
✅ Best For: Redfin is considered to be among the top online real estate companies because of its reach and technology.
» Explore More: Is Redfin REALLY 1% Commission? Read Redfin Reviews
- Discounted commission rates
- Intuitive, user-friendly technology
- Safer than other discount brokers
- No free listings
- Unpredictable agent quality
- Offline, manual process
- Costly Partner Agents
Redfin has an aggregate rating of 3.9/5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin is available in 90+ markets giving it near-nationwide coverage.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree on scheduling a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit for the same reason; thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Real estate websites also serve as a marketing channel for the professional stakeholders that contribute to the transaction. Realtors, mortgage professionals, banks, and inspectors can advertise on these websites to generate leads.
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
|📣 Maximum Exposure||The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller's phone number.|
|📲 Strong Technology||Site should allow home sellers access to features that agents do: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for highest & best offers, and manage showings.|
|☎️ Responsive Customer Service||Site should have 5-star reviews online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.|
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in New York?
Many real estate websites and top online real estate companies have come up in recent years because of the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging into the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale taking the help of a realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you in achieving your concerned goal. In this list of top online real estate companies, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering the plethora of features it has.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in New York. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best New York real estate websites.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites which have high technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell a property easily. We have reviewed the best New York Real Estate websites for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most popular real estate website?
Zillow is the most leading real estate and rental website in the United States with monthly website visits of 36 million as of October 2021, as per Statista
Are Real Estate Websites Accurate?
Some websites provide extreme accuracy while some are still figuring out this part. When it comes to Houzeo, we strive to provide you with factual information, a seamless interface, and uninterrupted customer service. With updated information and the latest industry trends, Houzeo is a highly preferred real estate website for FSBO and Flat fee MLS.
Which is the best property search website?
The best property search website:
What is the difference between Zillow and Trulia?
Each of these websites is a real estate database that provides for-sale and rental listings to the general public as well as connecting people with real estate agents, and they have a number of characteristics that are similar. They are now a part of the same corporation as well: Trulia was acquired by the Zillow Group in February 2015 for $3.5 billion in cash.
Related: website real estate, best sites for real estate, top real estate sites in us, best property websites, real estate sites, best house sites, real estate websites