As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed best real estate websites in NYC and ranked them as per their expertise.
Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in NYC
|High on Technology||1. Houzeo ↗️|
|Best Mobile App for Buyers||2. Trulia ↗️|
|Accurate Data||3. Realtor ↗️|
|Interactive App||4. StreetEasy ↗️|
|Biggest Database||5. Zillow ↗️|
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in NYC
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. Houzeo is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers:
- $349 Listing Fee: You will save thousands in listing agent commission by using Houzeo’s inexpensive flat fee MLS packages.
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, but help is available if you need it.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lockboxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs $49, but you can get it for free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
Mobile App: Yes
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
For home sellers, Houzeo makes the entire transaction simple. Key benefits include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary and aims to be a one-stop shop for buyers and sellers, with the backing of the largest real estate database in the U.S.
For Home Buyers:
- Homes For Sale: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: They offer comprehensive maps and filters, which makes it easier to look for local information about the property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Trulia’s app is powerful and easy to use. Home buyers and tenants do much of their property search using their mobile devices, which makes it our choice for the best mobile app.
» Best Rental Websites: Our list of Top Rental Websites in America!
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. This includes the following features:
- Accurate local information
- Mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator
- Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience
- They provide extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- No option to list properties
- Need to maintain an account for saving search criteria
Trulia has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Trulia is available nationwide.
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
For Home Sellers: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
For Home Buyers: Buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor. Realtor.com provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details for the listed property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com is a user-friendly website for property searches. The listing information is updated regularly with the latest data, making Realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
» Best FSBO Websites: Find out the leading For Sale By Owner website in 2023!
Realtor.com is a preferred website for home buyers and realtors. Their top features include:
- Accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Accurate home value estimation
- Biggest database of REALTOR®s
- Mortgage and refinance calculators
- Trust-worthy realtor community bound by NAR’s Code of Ethics.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2/5 stars (1015 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com is available nationwide. However, a home seller cannot list their property on the website directly; only real estate agents and professionals can do so.
StreetEasy is New York City’s leading local real estate platform on mobile and the web, providing comprehensive listings and market data. StreetEasy is a brand and registered trademark of Zillow
For Home Sellers: StreetEasy offers an unbiased take on the NYC market and a hassle-free estimate of the home’s value. They have a For Sale By Owner tool which allows home listings with direct access to the 92% of active NYC buyers who use StreetEasy.
For Home Buyers: StreetEasy has a feature of 3D tours that helps potential buyers and renters view properties without visiting that particular location.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: StreetEasy has flexible searching options and a wide range of editable user notifications for a seamless user experience. However, their FSBO packages are very expensive with a very short listing period.
» America’s Best FSBO Websites: Find out the leading For Sale By Owner website in 2022.
- Offers a wide range of editable user notifications and flexible searching options for users
- Provides a cloud-based communication platform called Twilio for users and agents
- Offers a ‘New Development’ feature that allows users to express interest in properties that are “newcomers” on the market
- Provides a scraping tool for obtaining web data by extracting it from external websites
- Has non-refundable FSBO packages
- FSBO packages are very expensive with a shorter listing period
- Has very negative comments and ratings on Google
Streeteasy has a 2.3/5 rating on Google reviews.
Streeteasy covers Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, and New Jersey.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 40 million monthly users.
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free but get limited exposure.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a good first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value.
For Home Buyers:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Zillow is great for homebuyers to search for their future homes. We do not recommend Zillow for home sellers because the FSBO listings are free, but once your house gets listed, you will get a lot of unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.8/5 (284 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the US housing market and is available nationwide.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree on scheduling a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit for the same reason; thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Real estate websites also serve as a marketing channel for the professional stakeholders that contribute to the transaction. Realtors, mortgage professionals, banks, and inspectors can advertise on these websites to generate leads.
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
📣 Maximum Exposure
The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller’s phone number.
📲 Strong Technology
Site should allow home sellers access to features that agents do: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for the highest & best offers, and manage showings.
☎️ Responsive Customer Service
Website should have 5 – Star review online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.
» Best Home Buying Websites in USA: Check out our list!
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Websites in NYC?
Many real estate websites and top online real estate companies have come up in recent years because of the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging into the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale taking the help of a realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you in achieving your concerned goal. In this list of top online real estate companies, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering the plethora of features it has.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in New York City. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best real estate websites in NYC.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best!
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
Start Your FREE Listing NOW!
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites with high-technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell your property quickly. We have reviewed the best Real Estate website in NYC for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Resources for Selling Your NY Home
The best ways to sell your house fast in New York are listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the most popular real estate website?
Zillow is the most leading real estate and rental website in the United States with monthly website visits of 36 million as of October 2021, as per Statista
2. Which is the best property search website?
The best property search website:
3. What is the difference between Zillow and Trulia?
Each website has a real estate database that provides for-sale and rental listings to the general public and connects people with real estate agents. They have a number of similar characteristics. They are now a part of the same corporation: Trulia was acquired by the Zillow Group in February 2015 for $3.5 billion in cash.
4. Which real estate website is the most accurate?
Some websites provide extreme accuracy while some are still figuring out this part. When it comes to Houzeo, we strive to provide you with factual information, a seamless interface, and uninterrupted customer service. With updated information and the latest industry trends, Houzeo is a highly preferred real estate website for FSBO and Flat fee MLS.
- Real Estate Websites: You need the best tools when selling or buying homes. Read our reviews of the best real estate websites in America and find out who’s #1.
- Best House Selling Websites: Are you looking forward to selling your home? Not sure which house-selling website to prefer? Hop on to this blog and have a comparative study.
- Best Property Search Websites: We have reviewed and ranked the best property search websites per their expertise.
- Best Rental Websites: More than one-third of U.S. residents rent their homes. Selecting the right rental websites can take time and effort. We have compiled and reviewed the best rental websites for you. Check them out!
- Best MLS Listing Websites: We have reviewed all of the best MLS listing sites to assist you with all of your real estate transactions. Read our Comprehensive blog.
- Real Estate Housing Market: The housing market refers to properties bought and sold directly to buyers or through real estate brokers.
- New York Real Estate Market: Will the New York real estate market crash in 2023? Find out!
Related: realty new york city, real estate new york city manhattan, real estate nyc upper west side, real estate sites nyc, real estate sites new york, best nyc real estate sites, best nyc real estate website, best real estate websites new york, nyc real estate websites, best nyc real estate websites, house buying websites, website real estate, best new york real estate websites, home buying sites, realty websites, top real estate sites, home search websites, best website for selling property, real estate website new york, best real estate broker websites, best manhattan real estate websites, real state sites, real estate search websites, what is the best website for real estate agents, new york city real estate for sale, best real estate sites, real estate search engines, best real estate app, new york real estate for sale
best website for houses for sale, residential real estate websites, best nyc apartment apps, real estate websites USA, find homes for sale, home sales websites, best sites to buy land, where to look for houses, best real estate website new york city, manhattan real estate, new york city real estate, top real estate websites, best realtor websites, real estate website like zillow, nyc property search, house websites, sites like streeteasy, best websites for nyc apartments, most popular real estate websites in the united states, new york real estate website, websites to buy houses, houses for sale websites, website of real estate, home search sites, buy house website, sites real estate, property sites, best home listings, best u.s. real estate website, best nyc apartment sites