47% of home buyers search for properties online. As a home seller, you need to find a real estate website in New York City that will provide powerful tech tools at low costs.
As a home buyer, you need a great agent for negotiations, maximizing buyer rebates, and stellar customer support.
A good real estate website can steer your way through these choppy waters and give you smooth and hassle-free real estate transactions.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best real estate websites in the Empire State. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Best New York City Real Estate Websites of 2023
🏅 Best Real Estate Sites in New York City
- Houzeo: Best Technology
- Trulia: Best Mobile App For Buyers
- Realtor.com: High Data Accuracy
- Street Easy: Interactive Apps
- Zillow: Real Estate Behemoth
- Century21: Brand Recognition
- Coldwell Banker Homes: Best For Local Market
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in New York City
MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission. Houzeo offers you 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $99+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $379+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo’s Gold plan for most home sellers. It’s only $399 in most markets and provides you access to high-tech features like Houzeo Offers and Houzeo Showings.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 8 reasons:
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, with a 5-star rated customer support team.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore FSBO homes for sale and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo has a 4.9/5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is New York City’s #1 real estate website, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo gives New York City FSBO home sellers affordable New York City Flat Fee MLS listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
Trulia is one of the biggest American online real estate marketplaces for home buyers and renters. It is owned by Zillow, and it aims to be a one-stop shop for home buyers.
Listing on Trulia via Zillow is free. However, these free listings are sold as potential leads for agents who may incessantly reach out to you even if you aren’t ready to sell.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trulia’s app as it is powerful and that is easy to use
» Trulia Reviews: Is It Truly a Smart Choice to Sell or Rent? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. It has other following features:
- MLS Syndicated Listings: Trulia offers over 1 million listings directly sourced from the MLS. It has incredible home-buying features, like a comprehensive map, narrowing down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
- Easy Home Search: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: It offers a comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
- Best Calculators: Trulia has a mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator to serve you better.
- Tutorial Guide: Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience.
- Neighborhood Information: It provides extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- Mobile App: Trulia has the best mobile app for buyers with a comprehensive search feature.
» What is Trulia? Check this out to know more about Trulia and its working.
Here are some red flags you need to consider before choosing Trulia:
- Inconsistent Estimates: The algorithm Trulia uses to estimate home prices may not always be accurate.
- Listings Can be Outdated: Sometimes even if the house is sold, the listing is not updated. This can mislead the buyers.
Trulia has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
» Trulia pros and cons: Let’s find out all the merits and demerits about them.
Trulia is a dynamic, powerful, and easy-to-use house-hunting website in New York City. It offers a comprehensive map to narrow down your search based on price range, home style, number of bedrooms, and many more.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary that aims to be the one-stop solution for all home buyers. However, it does not provide FSBO listings.
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. Although you will have to pay the common closing costs, home inspection, appraisal, etc.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Realtor.com if you are house-hunting. Accurate listing information and a substantial property database make it stand out from other real estate sites.
» Best FSBO Websites: High-tech FSBO sites are helping home sellers save $$$.
Here are some advantages of choosing Realtor.com:
- REALTOR Support: It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). So, buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor.
- Neighborhood Information: Realtor.com is available nationwide and provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details.
- Accurate Data: It has accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Agent Support: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
- Home Value: Realtor.com offers accurate home value estimation.
- REALTORs Database: It has the biggest database of trust-worthy realtor communities.
- Best Calculators: Realtor.com provides mortgage and refinance calculators.
- Mobile App: Yes!
Realtor.com has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Offline Process: Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
- Poor Reviews: Realtor.com has very poor reviews on Trustpilot. Many of their users complain about their customer support and realtor’s services.
- Unwanted Calls: If you have ever inquired about a property on Realtor.com, you should expect unsolicited calls from their agents. As mentioned in some of their reviews.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com has a lot of statistical data as it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems. This information is updated regularly, making realtor.com the most accurate real estate database in New York City.
It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). However, Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-consuming.
StreetEasy is a leading real estate platform that provides services in New York and New Jersey. It is a brand and registered trademark of Zillow.
StreetEasy offers two FSBO packages priced at $599 and $799 respectively for 4 weeks. The $799 package offers a featured listing option too.
👉 Our Take: We recommend StreetEasy for its flexible searching options and wide range of editable user notifications.
Here are some advantages of choosing StreetEasy:
- For Rent By Owner: StreetEasy offers For Rent By-Owner tools that allow you to rent your home by yourself. Take control of your StreetEasy listing, set a fair price, and reach out to an engaged NYC rental market.
- Ease Of Communication: StreetEasy provides a cloud-based communication platform called Twilio for users and agents.
- Platform For New Comers: StreetEasy offers a ‘New Development’ feature that allows users to express interest in properties that are “newcomers” on the market.
- FSBO Tools: StreetEasy’s FSBO tools allow home listings with direct access to 92% of active NYC buyers.
Here are some red flags of StreetEasy, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Many customers have compliant of spamming and using wrong property information.
StreetEasy has a 2.3 out of 5 stars rating on Google reviews.
StreetEasy is a Real Estate Search Engine for apartments and real estate in New York City. It has flexible searching options and a wide range of editable user notifications for a seamless user experience.
However, their FSBO packages are very expensive with a very short listing period. The previous customers have also reported using the wrong property detail and spamming them.
Extensive Property Data
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month.
FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
MLS Listing via Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: A Zillow Premier Agent will assist you throughout your home selling process. However, this is the traditional way to sell your home and not the FSBO way.
👉 Our Take: If you are going FSBO, then we do not recommend Zillow as it limits your exposure. Further, you can also get multiple unsolicited calls from listing agents.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: Zillow has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Largest Marketplace: With many tools and information for buyers, Zillow is the largest real estate website for buyers, renters, real estate agents, and much more.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- Your Listing Will be Hidden: Zillow hides FSBO listings under the “Other Listings” section, which most home buyers aren’t aware of.
- Buyer Leads go to Local Agents: Zillow does not prominently display owner information. Any buyer who tries to contact you will be matched with a Zillow agent instead.
- Your Info Will Become an FSBO Lead for Listing Agents: Agents target Zillow FSBO listings to extract owner info. You will get numerous unsolicited calls from these agents asking you to list with them.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.7 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in New York City. It extracts the data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on the platform.
Sites like Zillow provides an on-demand buying experience. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms. It operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Century21 to first-time home seller. Along with listing, you will get access to contract reviews, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Here are some advantages of choosing Century21:
- Global Coverage: Century 21 operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
- Market Exposure: It has good brand recognition and over 14,000 independent franchise real estate brokers working with over 122,000 real estate agents.
- Professional Real Estate Agents: According to previous customers, Century 21 has knowledgeable and highly professional agents.
- Best for First-Time Home Sellers: Home sellers get access to contract reviews, handle their own listing, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Century21 has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- No Discounts or Rebates: The agent’s fees of Century 21 are usually high. They do not offer any discounts or rebates.
- Delayed Services: Previous customers have stated that the agents were not helpful and it delayed the process.
Century 21 has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms, with over 14000 independent franchises in New York City.
It provides huge market exposure as it operates in all 51 states of the US. However, many customers have reported delayed services and no discounts or rebates.
7. Coldwell Banker Homes
Best For Local Market
Coldwell Banker Homes
Coldwell Banker is an American full-service real estate brokerage. It provides various tools to sellers including a home value estimator, local market data, and fast cash offer alternatives.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Coldwell Banker for its Full-Service Marketing System and expert agents.
Here are some advantages of choosing Coldwell Banker:
- Nationwide Coverage: Coldwell Banker covers all 51 states of America.
- Mobile App: Coldwell Banker has the best mobile app with a comprehensive search feature.
- Marketing: Coldwell Banker helps you determine a marketing strategy with the help of increased accuracy of market knowledge, advanced pricing tools, and access to comprehensive housing data.
- Local Agent: Agents with local experts help you learn more about the current state of the housing market so you can price your house right to attract buyer interest.
- Financing Assistance: Coldwell Banker helps you in your home-buying journey with services like assistance with making down payments, getting a pre-approval, and more.
Here are some red flags of Coldwell Banker, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Delayed Process: Previous customers have stated that the company agents does not respond in time.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Coldwell Banker has received poor reviews from their customers.
Coldwell Banker has an average rating of 3 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is a New York City full-service real estate brokerage owned by Realogy, started in 1906 in San Francisco.
Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above customers’ expectations.
However, they have poor customer reviews that should be considered before working with them.
⚠️Beware: Real Estate Websites to Avoid
Some real estate companies pretend to be “free.” But, in reality, you will pay hefty fees and realtor commissions at closing with these firms.
- Clever Real Estate: Clever Real Estate promotes itself as a free resource for FSBO home sellers. If you choose Clever, you will be forced to use an agent. And that agent will kick back 25% to 40% of the commission you pay back to Clever as a “referral fee.” Check out the Clever Real estate Reviews to know more.
- FSBO.com: FSBO.com is a nationwide Flat Fee MLS company that provides For Sale By Owner MLS service. Pricing and services vary quite drastically by state. Read FSBO.com reviews before signing a contract.
- Craigslist: Craigslist is the biggest classified website in the U.S. In terms of traffic, it is the second most visited website with more than 140 million monthly visitors. But it can also attract scammers and fraud cash house buyers. Read Craigslist reviews before making any offers.
Types of Real Estate Websites in New York City
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: Home-selling websites in New York City help home sellers list properties online. The best home-selling websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.
- Home Buying Websites: Home-buying websites in New York City help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work upon.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites help you find rental properties in New York City. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: Best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property. Check out the best Flat Fee real estate service provider in the US.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on the best property sites.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in New York City?
You can choose the best real estate websites based on these important factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Real estate websites provide an option to list on MLS without realtor in New York City, NY. Additionally, they provide social media sharing features and are customizable for sale by owner yard signs with the seller’s phone number.
- Strong Technology: With technology, selling a house without a realtor can become much faster and more efficient. Real estate websites also offer virtual home tours, open houses, and manage showings online.
- Responsive Customer Service: Real estate websites provide customer support to make your real estate transaction smooth.
Why Houzeo is the #1 Real Estate Website in New York City?
Houzeo.com is the #1 real estate website in New York City thanks to its combination of max savings, 5-star customer service, and cutting-edge technology.
- Max Exposure: It gives you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- 5-star Customer Service: You get assistance from the list to close with Houzeo Concierge.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to get access to the MLS.
- Real Estate On the Go: The Houzeo Mobile App allows you to access features of Houzeo’s web platform on any device.
Check out how does Houzeo work and know why Houzeo is the best for sale by owner sites out there:
Real People, Real Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best real estate websites New York?
The best real estate websites in New York are Trulia, Zillow, Houzeo, Realtor, and Street Easy.
2. Are there fees for real estate websites in New York?
Yes, almost all real estate websites charge listing fees from sellers. Some even charge convenience fees to the renter, who want to apply for an apartment. Although there are a few other websites that offer listing services for free.
3. Are real estate websites safe in New York?
Yes, real estate websites are safe as long as you find the right sites. However, there are scam sites, so make sure to do your research before you venture in.
Related: HousezoNew York New York City Real Estate Websites