From Lihue to Hilo, Hawaii home sellers are saving thousands by not paying the 6% real estate agent commission.
Hawaii Flat Fee MLS companies have become very popular amongst HI home sellers because they have several advantages:
- List & Sell for Just $299: Say NO to the 3% listing agent commission. And you get to select the Buyer Agent Commission. No buyer agent? Pay $0 commission!
- Fast Listing: A Flat Fee MLS service can get you listed in 24-48 hours! Just in time for this Sunday’s open house you’re planning.
- Cancel Anytime: Listing Agreements typically bind you to that agent for up to 1 year, even if you hate your agent. If you’re not tied to an offer, Flat Fee MLS listing agreements can typically be canceled anytime!
- No Hidden Fees: Traditional real estate transactions are infamous for hidden charges that you see only at the closing table. High-tech Flat Fee MLS services are changing that by disclosing all fees upfront.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best Flat Fee MLS services in the Aloha state. Here are our rankings:
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Flat List||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii||$3,500||None||❌||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|5. Flat Fee Group||$379 - $500||$250||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Hawaii Flat Fee||$250||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Hawaii
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5 star rating by 4,521 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Hawaii’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $99. The Silver package costs $349, and the Gold package costs $399. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% at closing.
2. Flat List
UNLIMITED LISTING CHANGES
FlatList.com offers 1 Flat Fee MLS Package.
- $299 Package: FlatList.com’s Flat Fee MLS Package is priced at $299. The services vary in different states. Common services include a listing term of 6 months with 25 photos, free listing changes, and open house postings on their site.
Coverage in 4 states: FlatList provides real estate services in Arizona, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington.
If you have a property outside these states, FlatList.com can recommend brokers for your MLS Listing.
👉 Our Take: Sellers must sell with this one package. Also, they do not offer any a la carte service.
Flat.List.com is a good Flat Fee MLS option in the 4 states where it provides services.
- Syndication to Other Websites: Your listing will be syndicated to other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com. Your home gets the best possible exposure.
- Disclosure Forms: You will receive all the required disclosure forms and HOA addendums. Access to counteroffer forms is an added benefit that the company offers.
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited changes to your listing for free.
In our research, we found some dealbreakers with Flat.List.com.
- Single Flat Fee Package: They only offer a single Flat Fee Package, which cannot be altered to suit the demands of the seller. They don’t even provide a la carte services, forcing sellers to choose the features included in this particular package.
- Manual Listing Process: The listing process is manual. You need to “download, print and scan” the necessary paperwork to get listed on the MLS. This way, the entire listing process gets delayed.
FlatList com has 5 out of 5 stars from 55 reviews on Google.
FlatList.com – Check FlatList Google’s reviews by customers.
Stacie Whitfield, the Managing Broker at FlatList.com, is amongst the best HI Flat Fee MLS brokers. Stacie is known for her expertise in helping home sellers and for her fast responses to queries.
FlatList.com is not 100% online. The website requires home sellers to print, sign, scan, and do several other processes manually. If you’re comfortable with a low-tech service, FlatList.com is a great option for you.
3. Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii
BEST IN FULL-SERVICE
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii offers a single flat fee MLS package.
- Flat Rate – $3,500: The package offers all services of a traditional agent but at a flat fee. You will get assistance in pricing and negotiations, showings.
Coverage: They serve everywhere in the state of Hawaii.
👉 Our Take: Jeffrey Samuels is a real estate agent with over 24 years of experience. Though priced at $3,500 his expertise could be valuable.
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii is beneficial for Hawaii home sellers looking for local support.
- Veteran Broker: Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii is headed by Jeffrey Samuels a licensed broker with over 24 years of experience. They claim to offer full support during the pricing and negotiation stages.
- Negotiation Assistance: Past customers have praised the negotiation skills of Jeffrey Samuels, which is vital in your sale process.
In our research, we came across some drawbacks of Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii.
- Expensive Package: The package is on the higher side when compared to similar platforms.
- Poor Customer Support: You might not get in-time responses as it is a single broker run company.
- Not 100% Online: They lack a dashboard and e-sign service. The manual process can be tedious and time-consuming.
Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 45 reviews on Zillow.
» Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Jeffrey Samuels on Zillow.
Jeffrey Samuels headed Lifestyle Homes of Hawaii provides complete assistance in a single flat rate package. Though based in Oahu, it covers the entire state of Hawaii.
Since it is a single broker enterprise the responses are often delayed. For budgeted sellers the $3,500 package will burn a hole in your pocket.
LOW ON TECH
Fizber is an agent referral company serving the real estate industry since 2006. They allow home sellers to market and sell their homes themselves. They offer 4 packages for FSBO home sellers.
- Free FSBO Listing – $0: Your home is listed on Fizber’s website only.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: You get a featured listing on Fizber, Redfin, and an Open House Manager. Your home gets listed on Redfin and Fizber itself. You get an Open House Manager. However, this package does not list your home on the MLS.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: Your home is listed on the MLS with just 6 photos. The listing is syndicated to Fizber and hundreds of other real estate websites.
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: You can list your home on the MLS with maximum photos.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $295 MLS Boost Package, as it offers maximum exposure to your property with unlimited photos.
» What is fizber? Check this out to know more about them.
Here are some of the advantages you should consider while listing with Fizber.com:
- Competitively Priced FSBO MLS Listing Plan: Fizber’s MLS Boost Package is charged lesser than most of its competitors.
- Extra Services in Some States: In some states, Fizber offers extra listing photos and a longer listing term than what they have mentioned in the listing package. However, you need to connect with their customer service to check its availability in your state.
» How does Fizber work: Check out this to know how they work !!
Here are some common issues we found while going through Fizber reviews online:
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Although Fizber advertises itself as being available nationwide, it is not. Further, your listing information is sold to a local agent, who then lists your home for you. Multiple reviews cite inactive agents and limited coverage in several states.
- Success Fee is Charged in Some States: If you are selling your property in Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wyoming, you are required to pay a 0.5% success fee at closing. This is a hidden fee that is not mentioned anywhere apart from the pricing page on Fizber’s website.
- Extra Charges for Documents: Most FSBO listing services offer documents like seller’s disclosure, lead paint disclosure, contract for sale, and more for free. Fizber charges an extra $15 to $50 for the same.
» Is Fizber really FREE? Check this out to find your answers.
Fizber has 3.1 out of 5 stars on Trustpilot.
» Fizber.com reviews: Check out this and see what customers experienced while listing with Fizber.
Fizber is an online flat fee MLS listing platform that provides 3 paid listing packages priced between $95 to $295 and one free listing package. They do offer maximum exposure to your property.
But with no guarantee from them, your selling process could get unpredictable. There have been instances of poor customer support reported by their past users.
5. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group offers 3-4 packages depending on the state.
- Common services include an MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. It works with a variety of flat-fee brokerages, and no two homeowners will have the same experience. However, look for the pros and cons of Flat Fee Group before choosing them.
Flat Fee Group offers its services in all the states of the U.S. Some pros of Flat Fee Group are as follows:
- Customizable Packages: You can customize your package with Flat Fee Group for a small additional fee.
- State Disclosures: Flat Fee Group provides all necessary contracts, forms, disclosures, and addendums that you will need.
- Market Exposure: Get listed on many popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, HotPads.com, Yahoo Homes, and many more.
In our research, we have found certain cons of Flat Fee Group:
- Not Fully Online: Flat Fee Group is not 100% online which makes the process manual and time-consuming. You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. This may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
- Additional Fees: The closing costs can differ significantly depending on your state and choice of listing. You must budget for these if you do not want to be caught off-guard.
» Houzeo vs. Flat Fee Group: Understand how Houzeo exceeds all expectations with this in-depth comparison.
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews on Google or Trustpilot. This raises the question is Flat Fee Group legit? Flat Fee Group BBB (Better Business Bureau) reviews are also unavailable.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group and choose accordingly
Since its founding in 2003, the Flat Fee Group has grown to serve clients throughout the United States by connecting independent, flat-fee real estate brokerages with sellers.
Flat Fee Group.com’s pricing and multiple packages may seem attractive in listing a property for a flat fee. However, it works with several flat-fee brokerages, and not every homeowner will have the same experience.
In Hawaii, Flat Fee Group offers a Basic package at $379 (+$250 at closing) and a Limited package at $500 (+$250 at closing). There is also a Full-Service package at $500 (+1% commission at closing).
NATIONAL REFERRAL COMPANY
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
Listing Upgrades: Here’s a summary of the listing upgrades that FSBO.com provides:
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $60
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Open House Directional Arrow: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package, as it gives you maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. FSBO allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that additional services can add up to a total of $335 in costs! For example, If you wish to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then you have to pay $75 and $150 over your flat fee package.
7. Hawaii Flat Fee
SIMPLE MLS LISTING
Hawaii Flat Fee
Hawaii Flat Fee offers a Flat Fee MLS package and a Full Service package.
- Flat Fee MLS package – $250: The package includes a listing term of 12 months with 25 photos. Your listing gets syndicated to websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com. You can also make 10 free MLS listing changes.
- Full Service Package – 1% Commission: The package comes with the assistance of a full-time staff member. They help you to list the documents, negotiate, and with closing. This package is beneficial to first time sellers who need guidance every step of the way.
Coverage: They have coverage limited to Hawaii Island, Lanai, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, and Oahu.
👉 Our Take: For budgeted sellers, we recommend the $250 package that has all the basic necessities.
Hawaii Flat Fee is a local flat fee MLS Hawaii that offers both FSBO services and full broker assistance.
- Listing Changes: You can make up to 10 fee changes in your listing.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to popular websites like Zillow, Realtor.com and Trulia along with the local Hawaii MLS.
In our research, we found some major drawbacks of Hawaii Flat Fee.
- No Recent Reviews: Hawaii Flat Fee has no recent customer reviews. The existing reviews are also poor.
- Outdated Website: The website is not easy to navigate and also lacks a seller’s dashboard and mobile app.
Hawaii Flat Fee has 1 out of 5 stars (2 total reviews) on Google Reviews.
» Hawaii Flat Fee Reviews: Check out the customer reviews of Hawaii Flat Fee MLS.
Hawaii Flat fee is a local flat fee MLS company that serves sellers all over Hawaii. They offer 2 packages, at a flat rate and for a commission fee.
The website is outdated, not easy to navigate, and lacks a dashboard. They also have poor customer reviews.
🚩Beware: Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Hawaii Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages.
These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Pricing page.
- ✍️ What is Houzeo? Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have. Here’s how Houzeo works to maximize your savings and exposure.
How Do Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Listing Services Work?
A Flat Fee MLS listing service HI is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS at a flat rate.
To list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing Hawaii Service, you first need to choose a package that suits your home-selling needs.
The fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites in Hawaii. Once the MLS listing is live, buyer agents can view your property on the MLS and subsequently recommend it to prospective buyers.
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS in HI service saves you thousands of dollars in commissions. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
How to List on Hawaii MLS via Houzeo.com
Here’s how to list on MLS by owner in Hawaii with Houzeo:
- Step 1 – Start Your FREE Listing: On your browser, go to Houzeo.com and click “Start Free Listing” on the top right corner.
- Step 2 – Provide Property Info & Photos: Register, and on your Houzeo dashboard click “Sell a Property“. Provide your property information, select a buyer agent commission, and upload photos.
- Step 3 – Purchase a Listing Plan: Select an MLS listing service package. We recommend the GOLD package. It’ll give you access to all the technology features Houzeo is known for. This includes easy management of your listing, showing schedule, offer management including the counteroffer feature, and lead management.
- Step 4 – Complete the Listing Documents: Listing docs are automatically assigned to you based on who your listing agent is, your property type, and your local MLS. Completing the listing paperwork will take about 20 to 30 minutes.
Assuming everything is in order, you’ll be listed on your local MLS within 24-48 hours! Oh… Don’t forget to download the Houzeo mobile app to manage your listing, accept and decline showings, and review offers.
⚡ List on MLS: Houzeo is the fastest way to list on your local MLS!
HI Seller Disclosures and Closing Costs
- Seller’s Mandatory Disclosures Statement Hawaii: Some Flat Fee MLS Hawaii companies provide these disclosures with their flat fee packages. Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
- What Are Seller Closing Costs in Hawaii: You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Hawaii. Calculate the net proceeds with Houzeo’s Hawaii home sale calculator
Alternatives to Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS HI companies are the best option for home sellers looking to retain most of their hard-earned equity in their homes.
But if you’re looking for more assistance, there are several other options.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Hawaii discount real estate brokers offer all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted commission. Typically, discount brokers will charge anywhere between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- 2% Commission Realtors: At a discount rate of 2%, they provide similar services to conventional Realtors.
- 4.5% Commission Realtors: You can get all real estate services from your agent for a low commission of 4.5%.
- List With a Full Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Hawaii Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Honolulu and other Hawaii markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Hawaii.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Hawaii make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Hawaii and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Hawaii We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
A full-service agent is not always necessary to handle a property owner’s sale. You can opt to list your home with a Hawaii Flat Fee listing agent.
Houzeo is the top-ranked MLS listing company in Hawaii. It meets all of your needs for a smooth and hassle-free home-selling process.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Review: Find out why Houzeo is one of the best FSBO websites in the US.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Hawaii
Which is the top Flat Fee MLS company In Hawaii?
Houzeo is the top Flat Fee MLS company in Hawaii. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Do I still need to pay the buyer's agent commission?
We strongly advise paying the buyer's agent a commission even though you'll save some money by not paying a listing agent's commission (usually 2.13%-2.95% of the sale price).
Agents will be encouraged to show your property to potential buyers.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal In Hawaii?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Hawaii. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
An FSBO contract is a legally binding document used to buy and sell a house.
>> Click here to know Who draws up contract in for sale by owner?
- Best Time to Sell a House in Hawaii: Read to know when to put your Hawaii home for sale.
- Closing Costs Calculator Hawaii Seller: Know how much you need to pay as Closing Costs.
- How to Sell a House by Owner in Hawaii: Save thousands in commissions by selling your home by owner in Hawaii.
For Home Buyers
- How Much Closing Cost for Buyer in Hawaii: A typical buyer in Hawaii may end up paying $15,260-$38,150 as closing costs. You can save money by understanding closing costs for buyers in HI.
- Who Pays for Closing Costs in Hawaii: Find out who pays closing costs in Hawaii and which closing costs are your responsibility.
- How Much is Title Insurance in Hawaii: Read more to find out how much title insurance costs in Hawaii.
Related: hawaii mls listings, hi real estate, hawaii real estate license search, realtor in hawaii, realtors hawaii, hawaii real estate brokers, hawaii real estate companies, how much does a house in hawaii cost, hawaii real estate search, hawaii real state, how much does a house cost in hawaii, real estate agent in hawaii, hawaii real estate agent, hawaii real estate prices, real estate commission hawaii, hawaii real estate services, selling a house in hawaii, flat fee mls listing, flat fee real estate brokers, flat fee real estate brokers near me, hawaii real estate commission, flat rate realtors, best flat fee mls listing service, flat rate realtors near me, fsbo hawaii, low cost real estate listing, real estate companies in hawaii, flat fee mls for sale by owner, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeoFlat Fee MLS Hawaii