The Hawaii real estate market is showing signs of cooling down. But, home prices have increased by 8.1% year-over-year in July. Record home prices mean record real estate agent commissions!
Flat Fee MLS Hawaii companies will help you save thousands on the median home in the state! Here are our rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Hawaii.
Rankings: Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Companies
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Additional Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Flat List||$299||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Hawaii Flat Fee||$250||1%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Jeffrey Samuels||$3,500||None||❌||✅||✅||❌||❌|
|6. Flat Fee Group||$379 - $500||$250||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Hawaii
- 📌In Hawaii, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $249, the Silver at $299, the Gold at $399 and the Platinum at $399 + 1% at closing.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo typically offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot. Your listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo has 4.9 out of 5 stars on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what customers have to say about Houzeo.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Flat List
Founded in 1999, FlatList.com provides professional real estate services to home sellers across multiple states across the United States.
Packages: They offer one single Flat Fee MLS Package priced at $299. Common services include a listing term of 6 months – 1 year with 25 photos, free listing changes, and open house postings on their site. The services vary in different states.
👉 Our Take: They are low on tech. Most of the processes are manual. For a seamless home selling experience, list your home with Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS packages that ensure a fast listing and maximum exposure.
- Your listing will be syndicated to other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com
- You will receive all the required disclosure forms and HOA addendums, plus counteroffer forms
- Unlimited changes can be made to your listing for free
- No customization is available
- Low on tech
FlatList.com has 5 out of 5 stars (55 total reviews) on Google.
FlatList.com covers multiple states and is licensed in the following states: Arizona, Hawaii, Oregon, and Washington.
Review our rankings of Flat Fee MLS companies in these states.
- Flat Fee MLS Arizona: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Arizona
- Flat Fee MLS Hawaii: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Hawaii
- Flat Fee MLS Oregon: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Oregon
- Flat Fee MLS Washington: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Washington.
3. Hawaii Flat Fee
Hawaii Flat Fee is one of the best flat fee MLS Hawaii firms that offers FSBO services with complete broker help.
Packages: They offer 1 Flat Fee MLS Hawaii package and a full service package .
- Flat Fee MLS Package: Your listing will get syndicated to the Hawaii MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor® and more. They allow 25 photos and the fixed buyer agent commission is 2%. Additionally they have offer lockbox options.
- 1% Full Service Package: They also offer sellers the option of signing up for a full-service package for 1% at closing and 2% commission.
👉 Our Take: Only basic services are offered in the Flat Fee MLS Package. The full service package charges 3% commission. If you choose Houzeo’s Virtual Full-Service Package, no matter what the value of your home is, you only pay 1% at closing, so essentially you will be getting all the services by an agent for a much lower fee.
- List up to 25 photos without paying extra
- Listing for 12 months
- They have Full service package for inexperienced sellers
- Up to 3%-4% of an additional fee
- Only 10 changes in the listing is allowed their basic flat fee package
Hawaii Flat Fee has 2 out of 5 stars (2 total reviews) on Google.
Services in Hawaii, Kauai, Maui, Molokai, and Oahu.
4. Hawai’i Real Estate – Jeffrey Samuels
Jeffrey Samuels is a Hawaii real estate agent who specifically serves in Oahu.
Packages: He offers full service benefits at a flat rate of $3,500. The services are similar to that of a traditional agent but for a Flat Fee. Being the most expensive among all the packages he does have excellent customer services with proper sellers guidance. He provides an evaluation of your house with pricing assistance, organize showings, and help you negotiate with the buyer agents.
👉 Our Take: Along with the package fee, he charges you a General Excise Tax in addition to the flat fee. So make sure you are ready to meet their expected required fee. Houzeo’s full service package, on the other hand offers you all the services at a much affordable price. So, decide wisely!
- They have a good record of rating on Zillow and other review sites
- Complete agent assistance
- Costly package as compared to other Hawaii companies
- Only one package is available
- Hefty additional charges
Jeffrey Samuels has a (32 total reviews) on popular review site Yelp
Jefferey Samuels serves mainly in Oahu.
Fizber is one of the most popular For Sale By Owner Websites that offers customizable solutions to a seller.
Packages: Fizber offers 4 packages.
- The first is a free package that offers only Fizber listing with a chance to upload maximum photos.
- Digital Boost Package – $95: This package offers Featured Listing, Open House Manage, and Listing on Redfin.
- MLS Boost Package – $270: This package includes everything from the $95 package and additionally offers MLS Listing
- Premium MLS Boost Package – $295: This package is the same as the $270 package with an option to add more photos.
👉 Our Take: We would recommend the $295 Premium MLS Boost Package as it gives your listing max exposure. However, Houzeo can be an excellent alternative to selling FSBO as it offers customizable packages at reasonable prices.
🚩 You Should Know: For the $270 and $295 packages, a 0.5% success fee is charged at closing. (Applicable in CO, ND, SD, and WY)
» Fizber Reviews: Read our reviews of Fizber.com.
- Packages are customizable and affordable.
Fizber has 3.1 out of 5 stars (95 total reviews) on TrustPilot.
Fizber has a nationwide coverage.
6. Flat Fee Group
Flat Fee Group is an MLS listing service that offers flat fees and full-service packages.
Packages: Flat Fee Group’s packages vary depending on the state. They include MLS listing within 48 hrs and a listing term of 6 to 12 months. You get access to broker assistance with their full-service packages, which are expensive.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Group works on an agent referral model. The quality of service may not be consistent throughout. For a more trustworthy real estate service, we recommend Houzeo, which has a 5-star rating on major review sites.
» Flat Fee Group Reviews: Read our in-depth reviews on Flat Fee Group.
- Flexible flat fee packages with different services
- No hidden fees
- Pricing assistance requires you to sign up first, opening the doors to the listed agents
- No scope for substantial savings as compared to other companies.
- Low on tech
Flat Fee Group has no customer reviews available.
Flat Fee Group is available nationwide.
FSBO is a Flat Fee MLS listing service that allows sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
Packages: FSBO.com has 2 cost-effective packages that sellers can benefit from.
- $99.95 Package: Includes a listing term of 6 months. Property listed on FSBO.com and Redfin only. Additional items like yard signs or any other extras are chargeable.
- $399.95 Package: Listing term of 6 Months with up to 20 photos. Listing syndicated to realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia & many more. Additional services like CSS showing service, E-lockbox rental, maximum photos in the MLS, and yard signs are chargeable.
🚩 Your Charges Can Add Up: Adding a la carte items can add up to a total of $335 additional costs! If the seller wishes to avail of CSS showing service, and e-lockbox rental, then they have to pay $75 and $150. To add maximum photos or get a yard sign, they have to pay $50 & $60.
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com offers pocket-friendly packages but charges high fees for additional services. Houzeo’s packages include various benefits with no additional fees.
» FSBO.com Reviews: You NEED to read these reviews.
- You can upload 1 video in the basic $99 package.
- No hidden fees.
- Additional fees for FSBO supplies.
- Limited a la carte items in their listing package.
No credible sources were found to provide the information.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets.
🚩Beware: Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Hawaii Flat Fee MLS services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, they will also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming.
📣 FACT: Houzeo discloses all its fees upfront on the Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Pricing page.
Flat Fee MLS Listing Services: Read This Before You List
Listing your home with a Flat Fee MLS service saves you thousands of dollars on real estate commission. Because you are not listing with a traditional listing agent, you won’t have to pay their 3% commission.
You can list on your local MLS with Flat Fee MLS listing services. This way, you will also be in control of your sale.
👉 Flat Fee MLS: Check out our rankings for the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in 2022
What is Flat Fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. This gives your property maximum exposure, increasing the chances of a sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals.
However, if you go through a typical real estate company in Hawaii to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees. On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realty or flat rate real estate agent.
⚡ Flat Fee MLS: Everything You Need To Know About Flat Fee MLS
Do Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Listings Work?
Yes. More than 50% of buyers wanted an agent to find them a house. Therefore, real estate agents are vital in getting top dollar for your property sale. In fact, the Flat Fee MLS came into existence when the United States Department of Justice passed a settlement that allowed real estate consumers to save money when selling their houses!
How to List on MLS via a Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Listing Service?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a Flat Fee Listing in Hawaii, you get to choose one of the packages offered by them.
After receiving all the required details about your house, the fixed-fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites.
Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
⚡ How to List on MLS: The fastest way to list on MLS!
Selling a House in Hawaii: All You Need to Know
A disclosure statement is an essential form that details the condition of the property. In selling a home in Hawaii, it’s the seller’s responsibility to disclose property defects that impact its value.
Some Flat Fee MLS Hawaii companies provide these disclosures with their packages.
Here are the three disclosure forms you need to fill if you are selling a property in Hawaii:
- Seller’s Property Disclosure Form
- Federal Disclosure of Information on Lead-Based Paint and/or Lead-Based Paint Hazards
» Hawaii Real Estate Disclosure Laws: Read to Know How to Ace Your Disclosure Process
Closing Costs for Sellers in Hawaii
You’ll pay around 1.0% of your home’s final sale price in seller closing costs when you sell a home in Hawaii. Additionally, each state has its own set of fees that a home seller needs to pay.
But do not worry, you can calculate the approximate seller’s closing costs in Hawaii with this advanced calculator.
» Do Sellers Pay Closing Costs in Hawaii: Be prepared for the Closing!
Sell A House By Owner in Hawaii
If you want to sell a house FSBO in Hawaii, list your home using Flat Fee MLS Hawaii listing services. This way you skip paying hefty Realtor commissions.
You need to take care of certain important factors when you sell your house by owner in Hawaii or any other state. These include decluttering, repairs, staging, and most importantly marketing.
» Can I Sell My House in Hawaii Without a Realtor: Know About the Ins and Outs of Selling a House in Hawaii
Sell Your House Fast in Hawaii
The best ways to sell your house fast in Hawaii are by listing it on the MLS or selling it to cash home buyers. Maximizing your net proceeds is as vital as selling it quickly.
» How to Sell My House Fast in Hawaii: Know How to Sell Your House Fast in Hawaii and for the Most Cash!
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Hawaii Companies
We talked about some of the best flat fee MLS Hawaii companies but it should be noted that some flat fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices. An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing.
Some Flat Fee MLS companies might also slap some hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate Hawaii brands among home sellers and that’s why you should not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies. However, if you still have unresolved concerns about Flat Fee MLS Hawaii companies, then there are other alternatives to save on commissions.
What is the Average Real Estate Commission in Hawaii?: Know how much you need to pay on real estate commissions
Option 1: Sell with Discount Real Estate Brokers
- Full-Service at a Discount: Discount Brokers are licensed individuals or companies that help you sell your home at a low commission or flat rate. Most discount realtors charge a single fee for the entire sale.
- Great Exposure: Most discount brokers have the tools to provide excellent exposure to home sellers. They offer social media exposure, a personalized website, and other features despite offering their services at a discount.
- Advanced Tech: Home sellers can list and sell their houses from the comfort of their homes with a click of a button. Some of the best discount brokers provide advanced seller dashboards, showings management, and much more.
Sell your home with the top discount realtors in Hawaii, these are our recommendations:
|Real Estate Agency LLC||2% – 4% Commission|
|Ideal Agent||2% Commission|
⚡ Discount Real Estate Brokers Hawaii: We’ve ranked the top discount brokers in Hawaii.
Option 2: Sell as For Sale By Owner
- Quick & Smooth Sale: 77% of the FSBO sellers sold their houses in 2 weeks. Advanced FSBO websites like Houzeo help you sell your home fast and make a successful sale.
- Complete Control Over the Process: The best part about doing FSBO is the freedom to make decisions about your home sale without the intervention of a real estate agent.
- Save Thousands on Commissions: Since there is no listing agent involved, you end up saving thousands of dollars on the seller agent commission which would have been impossible otherwise.
⚡ FSBO Websites: Check out our rankings of the best For Sale By Owner Websites in America.
Option 3: Sell to “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies
- Fair Market Value: Home sellers get 50% – 70% of the property’s market value for their houses be it a distressed property or not.
- Save on Repairs: When selling a home for cash, you can skip on repairs to reduce your expenses. You can also try selling a house as is in Hawaii to save money and time.
- Fast Closing Process: Home sellers have lesser paperwork and inspections when selling their houses to cash companies. Fewer formalities speed up the closing process significantly making it a quick transaction.
⚡ Cash for Homes Hawaii: Best Cash Companies in Hawaii help you maximize your profits!
Option 4: Sell to iBuyers
iBuyers are companies that buy houses for cash. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. However, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- The offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price.
- Their offer price is generally non-negotiable.
- Charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the sale price.
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
⚡ iBuyer Reviews: See who’s No.1 in America!
Option 5: Sell with Full-Service Real Estate Agents
If a home seller wishes to sell with a real estate agent, then they can opt for full-service Realtors who can help them to list and sell their property without any hassle. The benefits of selling your home with a full-service agent are:
- Help at Every Step: Home sellers can enjoy a smooth and stress-free sale because the REALTOR will take care of the complex steps. They will also help you find the best buyer for your property.
- Experienced Agents: Real estate brokers or agents with years of experience can provide great market insights to sell a home fast. Home sellers can immensely benefit if they work with experienced and qualified full-service agents.
- Save with Full-Service Agents: Some of the best REALTORS offer their services at a flat rate or low commission. This allows home sellers to save on listing commission while selling their property.
» Realtors in America: Sell your house with the top REALTORS in America!
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Fee MLS Hawaii
Which is the top Flat Fee MLS company In Hawaii?
Houzeo is the top Flat Fee MLS company in Hawaii. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Do I still need to pay the buyer's agent commission?
We strongly advise paying the buyer's agent a commission even though you'll save some money by not paying a listing agent's commission (usually 2.13%-2.95% of the sale price).
Agents will be encouraged to show your property to potential buyers.
Is Flat Fee MLS Legal In Hawaii?
Flat Fee MLS is legal all over the United States, including in Hawaii. In fact, the US DOJ just updated their bulletin highlighting the benefits of Flat Fee MLS for For Sale By Owner home sellers.
Resources for Selling Your House in Hawaii
- Selling Property in Hawaii: Know how to sell your home in Hawaii.
- Selling Home as is in Hawaii: Know how to sell your house in Hawaii without making any repairs.
- Best Month to Sell a House in Hawaii: Know when to put your Hawaii house in the market for sale.
- Best Real Estate Websites Hawaii: Check out the best real estate websites for your next real estate journey.
- For Sale By Owner Contracts for Hawaii: Read our detailed guide on how to draw up an FSBO contract in Hawaii.
- Selling Inherited Property Hawaii: Know how to sell an inherited home in Hawaii
Related: hawaii mls listings, hawaii mls listings oahu, mls listings hilo hawaii, mls listings kailua kona hawaii, mls hawaii listing, mls listings hawaii, mls listings kona hawaii, mls listings maui hawaii, mls listing hawaii big island, mls listings honolulu hawaii, big island hawaii mls listings, hawaii mls listing, mls listing hawaii, mls listings big island hawaii, mls listings kauai hawaii, hawaii real estate, realestate hawaii, real estate hawaii, real estate in hawaii, hawaii realestate, hawaiian real estate, mls hawaii, realtor hawaii, hawaii mls, hawaii real estate agents, hawaii rental property, average house cost in hawaii, realestate in hawaii, hawaii central mls, hawaii realtors
Related: hi real estate, hawaii real estate license search, realtor in hawaii, realtors hawaii, hawaii real estate brokers, hawaii real estate companies, how much does a house in hawaii cost, hawaii real estate search, hawaii real state, how much does a house cost in hawaii, real estate agent in hawaii, hawaii real estate agent, hawaii real estate prices, real estate commission hawaii, hawaii real estate services, selling a house in hawaii, flat fee mls listing, flat fee real estate brokers, flat fee real estate brokers near me, hawaii real estate commission, flat rate realtors, best flat fee mls listing service, flat rate realtors near me, fsbo hawaii, low cost real estate listing, real estate companies in hawaii, flat fee mls for sale by owner, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate housing market, hi housing market, sell house fast in Hawaii, sell my house fast for cash in Hawaii, home staging resource, central Hawaii home staging, real estate photography Hawaii, hi fsbo, cash offer for my home hawaii