North Carolina home prices have increased 23% in the past year to reach an average of $200,000. It’s a thriving seller’s market in most of the state. That’s all the reason you need to use technology to sell your home and save at least $21,000 in real estate agent commissions! Flat Fee MLS North Carolina can help you with these savings if you are planning to sell your house.
» In this guide, we’ll cover:
- Rankings of Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in North Carolina
- Beware: Flat Fee MLS North Carolina Companies have High Hidden Fees
- Detailed Reviews of the Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
- Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Rate MLS Listing North Carolina
Rankings of Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in North Carolina
|Flat Fee MLS Service||Price||Hidden Fees||100% Online||Offer Management||Showing Management||5-star Reviews||Mobile App|
|2. Clickit Realty||$995||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|3. Carolina Realty Solutions||$399||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|4. United Broker LTD||$875||None||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|5. List With Freedom||$295||⚠️0.25%||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
|7. Carolina Listing Express||$195||⚠️$20 - $200||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
Beware: Flat Fee MLS North Carolina Companies have High Hidden Fees
The biggest issue with Flat Fee MLS NC services is that they have a lot of hidden fees that they don’t disclose on their pricing pages. These hidden fees don’t just make your sale more expensive than you budgeted for, but they also ruin your experience with all the nickel and diming. SELLER BEWARE!
Reviews: 7 Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
Why It’s #1: Houzeo has thousands of 5-star reviews. It offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS North Carolina packages.
- Bronze is $299 and is best for selling a lot.
- Silver is $349, and includes everything competitors like FSBO.com charge $399 for.
- Gold is $399. It is Houzeo’s signature package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for: Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum is $449+. It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
Our Recommendation: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have all the access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
»Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating ( out of 3,190 reviews) on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Introducing the Houzeo Mobile App!
- View your listing
- Manage your showings online
- Review and compare offers
- Counter an offer
- NEW! Buyers can now search your property and save it in “Favorites”
2. Clickit Realty
- Listing Fee: $299-$995
- Available throughout NC
- 4.2/5 (59 reviews)
Clickit Realty can be a good choice for home sellers looking for Flat Rate MLS listing services in North Carolina
Packages: Clickit Realty Offers 4 packages in North Carolina.
- Silver Package – $299: This package allows you to list on the MLS and Realtor.com with 3 photos for 6 months.
- Gold Package – $399: This package includes 25 photos and an additional virtual tour of your home along with other real estate websites’ exposure.
- Platinum Package – $599: You get to upload 40 photos. You also get the benefits of a lockbox, electronic signature support, open house and showcase listing.
- Full Service Package – $995: This package includes everything right from Scheduling Assistance, Contract/Offer Support, Negotiating Assistance and Contract Presentation.
Pros: With all their packages, you get a Comparative Market Analysis of your home and free listing changes.
Cons: The packages are expensive. For a similar Houzeo package at $399, you get additional benefits like online Houzeo Showings.
👉 Our Take: Based out of North Carolina, Clickit Realty might not be a good option as the agents they assign may not have the required knowledge. Houzeo’s Flat Fee MLS North Carolina plans are cost-effective. Their cutting-edge technology makes your home selling process smooth and hassle-free.
» How to Sell a House by Owner in North Carolina: 2022 Updates
- Provides Comparative Market Analysis to sellers
- Gives pricing support in all packages
- Provides documents and paperwork for seller disclosures
- Not based in North Carolina
- Basic package includes only 3 photos while listing
- If you want to post open houses to your MLS listing in NC, you need to buy the Platinum package
Clickit Realty has a 4.2 out of 5 rating (59 total reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews.
Clickit Realty covers all major MLS in North Carolina.
3. Carolina Realty Solutions
- Listing Fee: $375-$475
- Covers major parts of NC
- 3.5/ 5 (3 reviews)
Carolina Realty Solutions provides Flat Fee MLS listing services for home sellers across North Carolina. For sellers who want to manage the majority of work to list their property, Carolina Realty Solutions is a good option.
Packages: Carolina Realty Solutions offer one Flat Fee MLS Package at $399 and two Full Service Package starting at $549.
- Flat Fee MLS listing Program – $399: This package includes 24 photos and a listing term of 6 months( can be extended up to 2 years for free). They also provide lockbox for realtor access, yard signs and showing management.
- Full Service Plan 1 – $549: It offers 100% seller guidance from start to finish.
- Full Service Plan 2: There is no up front listing fee for this plan. You will pay 5% commission at time of closing.
Pros: With their ShowingTime App, appointment setting and feedback from buyers become easily accessible for home sellers.
Cons: Their Flat Fee MLS Listing Program includes a buyers’ agent commission to be paid at the time of closing. With Houzeo’s $399 Gold plan, you avail a lot more services for no extra hidden costs.
👉 Our Take: Carolina Realty Solutions has limited coverage in North Carolina. With Houzeo’s nationwide availability and cutting-edge technology, the Flat Fee MLS Listing of your home in North Carolina is a no sweat task.
» Real Estate Companies in North Carolina: Read To Know About North Carolina’s Best Real Estate Company.
- The seller can extend their listing up to 2 years without paying extra fees
- Access to the ShowingTime app which is for managing house showings
- Provides you yard sign and lockbox
- Not available throughout North Carolina. They don’t offer services in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, and Cleveland counties.
- Directly connecting with buyers is not available
Carolina Realty Solutions is rated 3.5 / 5 (out of 3 reviews) on Yelp.
Carolina Realty Solutions covers major parts of North Carolina except for Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, and Cleveland counties.
4. United Brokers
- Listing Fee: $99-$995
- Covers most of NC
- 4.9/5 (44 reviews)
United Brokers offers basic flat fee MLS listing North Carolina packages. Their packages are affordable and provides good services when it comes to Flat Fee MLS North Carolina.
Packages: United Brokers Limited offers 4 Flat Fee MLS North Carolina Packages.
- Basic Package – $99: Listing Appears In Your Local Realtors® MLS and other websites for a period of 3 months. It includes price and status changes free of cost. All Buyer leads are forwarded to you directly.
- Standard Package – $195: Listing Period is 6 months. You can upload a maximum of 16 photos. Additionally, centralized showing services and E-showings are available with this package.
- Enhanced Package – $295: With this package you have a listing period of 12 months with maximum photos. The other services are similar to what the Standard Package provides.
- Full Service Package – $895: You can list your home until it gets sold or until you withdraw it. You also have Electronic Forms for easy completion and CMA for Pricing.
Pros: Maximum exposure for your home since your listing gets syndicated to popular local and national websites.
Cons: The low cost packages only offer basic services. Additional services cost you extra money.
👉 Our Take: Most of their services are available in their most expensive package, so choose wisely. Whereas, Houzeo gives all the important services required for selling your house with the best deals at an affordable price.
» Selling A House AS IS In North Carolina: Here’s How To Do It
- Sellers can get the basic services for cheaper than many other companies if you don’t require much additional support from the broker
- By paying a little extra, You can add a virtual tour to your MLS listing for North Carolina
- After buying the basic package if you wish to make any changes you have to pay $10 for each change
- E-sign on documents option is only for high costing packages
United Brokers LTD has a 4.9 out of 5 rating (44 total reviews) on popular review site Google Reviews.
Does not cover all parts of North Carolina
5. List With Freedom
- Listing Fee: $89-$295
- List within 48 hours
- 4.6/5 (1,443 reviews)
List With Freedom’s easy to use online platform allows you to list your home on the North Carolina MLS and sell it on your own. You can trust this company as they have a good record in past.
Packages: They provide four packages which range from $89- $295.
- Silver Package – $89: This package offers local MLS Listing with an option to upload only 1 photo.
- Gold Package – $149: This package has everything from the $89 Silver Package plus an option to upload 6 photos.
- Platinum Package – $195: This is the most popular package that allows you to upload a maximum of 25 photos.
- Platinum+ Package – $295: With this plan, the listing term doubles with an online showing scheduler and there is no restriction on the number of photos.
Pros: The packages are cost-effective. The MLS listing procedure is fast, and listings are quickly syndicated to other real estate websites.
Cons: They offer no assistance other than listing on the local MLS. With similar packages, Houzeo offers 100% online transactions, a powerful dashboard and full seller assistance.
👉 Our Take: If you are an experienced seller, selling with List With Freedom would be ideal. But if you are a beginner, Houzeo’s powerful dashboard, and full seller assistance will help you to get the best price for your home.
🚩Hidden Fees: List With Freedom charges a 0.25% fee at closing. They do not disclose this fee upfront on their “Pricing” page.
» List With Freedom Reviews: Read our in depth reviews on List With Freedom.
- Best for experienced sellers who knows what real estate is and how it works
- No cancellation fee
- A la carte options like showing and open house assistance
- Only one photo allowed in basic package listing
- No pricing support
- A hidden fee of 0.10%
List With Freedom has a 4.6 out of 5 rating (1,443 total reviews) on popular review sites like Trustpilot.
List With Freedom covers most of the counties in the North Carolina region.
Homecoin is a flat-fee MLS North Carolina Listing service that offers an affordable MLS access package.
Packages: Homecoin has a single $95 package that allows you to list your home on the MLS as FSBO. Various a la carte options are available with this package on additional payment.
Pros: Homecoin is known for its easy-to-use UI that makes quick listing possible.
Cons: Homecoin charges you a very significant amount ($450) for state-required seller disclosures.
👉Our Take: If you are an experienced FSBO seller and know exactly what to choose from their a la carte options, homecoin should be ideal for you. However, the add-on charges are high as compared to Houzeo and other FSBO sites.
» Homecoin Reviews: Read our reviews on Homecoin.
- FSBO listing
- 100% Online
- Flat Fee MLS NC listing at $95
- Extra charges for state disclosures
- Hidden fees
Homecoin has a 4.7 out of 5 rating (32 total reviews) on popular review sites like Google.
Covers California, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia
7. Carolina Listing Express
- Listing Fee: $195
- Covers major parts of North Carolina
- No reviews were found
Carolina Listing Express provides a flat rate MLS listing with excellent customer service.
Packages: They offer only one Flat Fee MLS North Carolina listing service at $195.
Pros: All the buyer leads are forwarded to you directly.
Cons: Their agents are not very experienced, which can affect your listing. For all additional services, they charge $20-$75.
👍 Our Take: If you know what are the steps to selling a house you can easily list your house on their MLS and sell your house quickly. However, Houzeo is a better option if you want to avail seller benefits at affordable prices.
🚩Hidden Fees: They charge $20-$200% fee at closing that is not disclosed upfront on their “Pricing” page.
»SAVE: Real Estate Agents in North Carolina: 2022 Updates
- Listing on other brokerages’ sites
- Listing for 6 months
- Forwards leads directly to the seller
- Not strong Technically
- Less experienced agents
- Limited services
- Extra $175 for settlement and $20 for each listing update
No reviews found on enough credible websites to provide a positive or negative rating for this company.
Covers most of North Carolina
Best Flat Rate MLS Listing Services in North Carolina Cities
We reviewed some of the best local real estate agents offering Fixed Fee MLS listing services in the top cities of North Carolina. As these companies are based in the respective cities or their counties, their expertise in those respective regions will help you sell your home. With a range of services available with each of these local flat fee listing companies in North Carolina, you can ensure that your home-selling journey is as smooth as it would be profitable.
|Charlotte||Flat fee MLS Charlotte, NC Listing Companies are low on tech. Also, two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Charlotte, NC
|Greensboro||All Flat Fee MLS Greensboro listing companies give your home the most exposure on the local MLS. These fixed-rate services are customizable in exchange for a few more dollars. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Greensboro, NC
|Raleigh||The packages offered by Flat Rate MLS listing services in Raleigh are expensive. Also, two of the companies that we reviewed have high hidden fees. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Raleigh, NC
|Wilmington||Flat Fee MLS Wilmington packages will help you save thousands of dollars and list your house on local MLS. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Wilmington, NC
|Asheville||Ashveille Flat Fee MLS listing providers maximize your home’s exposure with proper market analysis. By adding a few more bucks you can choose extra services and make a valuable deal. |
» Check out: Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Companies in Asheville, NC
What is flat fee MLS?
The MLS or Multiple Listing Service is an online database or marketplace of houses available for sale. This gives your property maximum exposure, which in turn increases the chances of sale. The MLS is operated and managed by state-licensed real estate agents and affiliate professionals. Only they can access the portal to list homes, browse for properties, or procure data. However, if you go through a real estate agent to sell a house, you have to pay high commission fees.
On the other hand, a Flat Fee MLS listing service, is an MLS entry-only service that lists your home on the local MLS for a pre-set amount through a flat rate realtor. This way, you retain all the rights to sell your home as an FSBO, and can otherwise, enjoy other real estate services (with the help of a flat fee real estate broker) depending on the chosen package.
How Does Flat Fee MLS Listing Work?
Once you decide to list your home on the MLS through a low-cost real estate listing company, you choose one of the packages offered by them. After receiving all the required details of your house, the fixed fee listing agent will make your listing live on the MLS and other real estate websites. Subsequently, the buyer agents will be able to view your property on the MLS and recommend it to prospective buyers.
🔍 Explore more: Everything You Need to Know About Flat Fee MLS
Alternatives to Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
We talked about some of the best flat fee MLS companies in North Carolina but it should be noted that some flat fee MLS companies are quite notorious for marketing gimmicks and predatory practices.
⚠️ An example could be that they would claim to allow free listing on the MLS but then charge you a percentage at the time of closing. Some Flat Fee MLS companies might also slap some hidden charges on you and make you pay thousands of dollars when you only expected to pay a small amount.
👍 The companies that we mentioned above are all reliable and trusted real estate brands among home sellers and that’s why you should not worry about any malpractices from the aforementioned companies.
However, if you still have unresolved concerns about flat fee MLS companies in North Carolina, we suggest you go with these options:
Discount brokers are those brokers – can be companies or individuals – who work at a discounted fee or a flat fee, instead of a 3% standard listing agent commission. Their fee can be as little as 1%. However, do remember that you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent commission which may be around 3%.
🔍 Explore more: America’s Top Discount Real Estate Brokers
Selling without an MLS listing
This alternative is suggested only when you have a buyer ready to buy your house. If you have a buyer lined up then you don’t need to pay a flat fee or hire an agent or a discount broker for your home sale. When you don’t have a buyer and you don’t even list on the MLS, then you are potentially losing out on 87% of the buyers who are buying through an agent.
🎯 Also, agents’ #1 way of finding a fantastic home for their clients is the Multiple Listing Service, the MLS. Keeping your property on the top North Carolina MLS’ without any buyer offers is of no use.
If you don’t want to use an MLS, you can rely on social media marketing and sites like Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist, or even your yard sign.
Some property owners may find that companies buying houses for cash are a good alternative.
They are a good option as they come with a slew of advantages like
- easy closing process
- pass inspections are not required
- no need for open houses
- no need to take the efforts to clean and repair your house.
Whether you’re a real estate investor or just a regular home seller, selling a home that requires a lot of work can be a hassle. Most of the retail buyers will be unable to acquire your home if it is unsightly or requires extensive modifications. Here’s when cash companies can help you.
🚩 However, the primary drawback of selling to a cash home buyer is that you might miss out on the open market competition, which you will only see if you list through a Flat Fee Realtor. There are also chances that you might end up selling your house at a lower price than expected.
iBuyers are companies that will buy your home for cash outright. The price is decided with the help of their proprietary algorithm, recent real estate data, and their in-house experts. An iBuyer can offer and close the deal within 24 hours, however, there are certain pitfalls when dealing with an iBuyer.
- Their offer price is sometimes way lower than the actual market price
- Their offer price is often non-negotiable
- They charge steep service fees – generally 5%-14% of the purchase price
Hence, iBuyers are only recommended if you want a quick sale rather than save your money.
Frequently Asked Questions About Flat Rate MLS Listing North Carolina
What Are the Best Flat Fee MLS North Carolina Companies?
These are the best Flat Fee MLS Companies In North Carolina: 1. Houzeo, 2.Clickit Realty, 3. Carolina Realty Solutions, 4. United Brokers LTD, 5. List With Freedom, 6.Homecoin, 7. Carolina Listing Express
How Do I Evaluate Which One is the Best For Sale By Owner Website?
We’ve done it for you! We’ve evaluated all these sites based on the following dimensions: 1. Which website provides the most exposure to your property listing; 2. Which website allows you to offer a Buyer’s Agent Commission; 3. Which website offers the most control over your MLS listing; 4. When you request changes, which site gets them done the fastest – because as they say, time is money!; 5. Which website provides the best value in terms of fees. Read the blog for a detailed comparison!
How long will it take for my MLS listing to go live?
Typical stipulated time to list is 2 business days after you’ve completed all your tasks accurately and the broker doesn’t have any questions for you. But for most MLS’ in North Carolina, your listing can be up in 4 to 8 business hours (Central Time). To avail of this expedited listing, email email@example.com with the subject line “Please Expedite My Listing: ”. Do this only after you’ve complete all the tasks your broker has assigned to you. Make sure all sellers have signed the required documents. Note that listings can be expedited in most major MLS’ but not all MLS’ are covered under this policy. Call us at (844) 448-0047 if you have questions about whether your MLS is covered.
How much do flat-fee MLS services cost in North Carolina?
Flat Fee MLS Listing in North Carolina will typically costs you $200-$400. However, some MLS Listing services have high hidden fees.
Related Keywords: north carolina realtors, fsbo nc, flat fee listing charlotte nc, flat fee mls raleigh nc, flat fee real estate raleigh nc, discount real estate brokers raleigh nc, broker charlotte nc, multiple listing service greensboro nc, north carolina multiple listing service, mls north carolina, mls nc, carolina realtors mls, carolina realtors mls, mls listings nc, mls north carolina, north carolina mls real estate, nc mls, nc mls fees, nc mls listing