The real estate market in Hawaii is currently very competitive. The home prices in the past year were up by 2% in the state. Every real estate company is in the race of being number one. In all this, it is obvious for sellers and buyers get confused about which company to go with.
This guide will help you with the 5 best real estate companies in Hawaii you can consider for the sale of your home.
At a Glance: 5 Best Real Estate Companies in Hawaii
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|1. Houzeo||📱Most Advanced Tech||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (2,477 reviews)|
|2. Century 21||🏅 Brand Recognition||⭐⭐⭐ (236 reviews)|
|3. RE/MAX||✔️ Best Franchisee Network||⭐⭐⭐ (277 reviews)|
Reviews: Best Real Estate Companies in Hawaii
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
Services Offered: Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – FREE: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
- Add-ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lock boxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs only $49, but you can get it for free if you send us a selfie!
Mobile App: Yes. Do real estate on the move with Houzeo’s App
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
MAJOR PLAYER IN THE MARKET
🏡About: Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms. Century 21 has over 11,600 independent franchise real estate brokers working with over 122,000 real estate agents as of April 2021. Their international offices span over 80 countries.
For Home Sellers:
- Comparative Market Analysis: They perform a comparative market analysis to help determine your home’s value to realize the highest return on the sale of your home
- Greater Exposure: Your home will enjoy exposure to more buyers and agents with qualified buyers through their services.
- Trusted Agents: Your agent will assist you with the paperwork, negotiate on your behalf, make sure deadlines are met, and work with the escrow company
For Home Buyers:
- Perfect home: You can find a home in the neighbourhood where you want to live, one that fits your budget and meets your goals for features, quality and value
- Current market info: Have up-to-date market information that will allow you to make informed decisions
👉Our Take: As per customer reviews, real estate professionals associated with Century 21 Professional Group are responsive and experts in their subject matter. They are also known for their knowledge of the FL real »estate market and negotiation skills.
- Good Coverage
- Brand Recognition
- Professional real estate agents
- Good marketing exposure to the clients
- Delayed customer services
- Average ratings on reliable platforms
- Unhappy customers, high customer complaints
Century 21 has 3.5 ratings on consumer affairs, based on 204 reviews.
Century 21 operates in more than 80 countries including Arizona.
BEST FRANCHISEE NETWORK
🏡About: Founded in 1973 in Denver, CO, RE/MAX (short for Real Estate Maximums) is the leading global real estate franchisor and a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings Inc. With millions of agents in 115+ countries & territories under its hood, RE/MAX is the world’s best franchise-operated real estate company.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: They have advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing. They offer cutting edge technology, comprehensive marketing strategies to help streamline the process.
- Online listing: Online listings feature information specific to each property and property images that gives potential buyers an instant preview.
For Home Buyers:
- Interactive Map Search: The map search available on the RE/MAX website helps view homes located in or near the area you desire and helps learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
- Re/MAX agents: They can help you to determine your buying power how much you can afford, how much you should put towards a down payment, and can walk you through loan options and other costs or fees associated with purchasing a home.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX (Real Estate Maximums) is a well-known real estate company in the world. RE/MAX, which has more than 125,000 agents across the country, was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
» Selling A House As Is: A Step-By-Step Guide for Home Sellers
All RE/MAX franchisee operators and agents can leverage the RE/MAX tools suite and resource center, MAXCENTER as an affiliate agent. RE/MAX has cutting-edge tools for their real estate professionals, but we couldn’t find the nitty-gritty details of their exclusive tech stack.
RE/MAX has an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX operates globally and offers statewide coverage in Tennessee.
How to Choose the Right and Best Real Estate Agent or Company
For Home Sellers
When buying or selling a home, most homeowners use the services of a real estate agent or broker, making the selection of the most qualified agent critical to a successful real estate transaction.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. They may have more intimate knowledge of a community, than a large real estate company|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are a number of other factors to consider when hiring a real estate agent or brokerage.
Readily Available Agents or Brokerage: Choose a brokerage that deals with customers as per their schedule because this helps with the flexibility of showing time, staging a home, scheduling showings, etc.
Offer Suggestions: Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask the agent if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.
Local Expert: Hire or retain a local expert. These real estate agents in Hawaii will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» Hawaii Home Staging: Read further to learn more.
For Home Buyers
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home buying process.
There is a specific set of abilities that distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest when it comes time to buy a house. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
»Typical Closing Costs for Buyer in Hawaii: Read further to learn more.
For Real Estate Professionals
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working:
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working
1. Commission Split
Most realtors in Hawaii work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Real estate brokers in Hawaii charge various commissions. (Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.) While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. And this 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. Then you must inform your broker. A 60/40 commission split means you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, the broker’s support and resources, and more. Also, understand the split and how you can increase your percentage over time. Remember that some brokerages now offer real estate agents a salary and benefits package, so you may want to shop around if this approach appeals to you.
Here is an example of a commission split between 5 companies:
|1. Keller Williams||70 / 30|
|2. RE/MAX||95/5, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 (capping system)|
|3. Century 21||50/50, 70/30, 8% franchise fee (capping system)|
|4. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
Before choosing a real estate broker, consider your work environment. How much coworker support do I need? Like other businesses, real estate brokerages develop a culture that guides their operations.
Are you looking for a family-oriented, small-town brokerage? Or do you prefer a big-box franchise brokerage that leaves you to your own devices? Is it a weekly get-together or a company caravan? The best way to learn about a company’s culture is to talk to employees or attend company events.
3. Reputation of the Company
Begin your research by performing a buyer-like Google search as you definitely want a brokerage with a solid market presence and a good reputation as you can rely on them to find leads if they have a large market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and the right broker can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate broker, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized and based locally. Working for an independent broker gives you more freedom to run your business as you wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
For example, some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
Best Real Estate Companies to Work for in Hawaii
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s discuss the best real estate companies to work for in Hawaii based on commissions, fees, training, brand recognition, and marketing efforts.
|1. RE/MAX||Customizing commission splits and desk fees for established agents|
|2. Coldwell Banker Realty||Marketing, lead generation, and other tools for tech-savvy agents|
|3. Century 21||Brokerage brand recognition is a priority for agents|
Sell Your Home In Hawaii With Houzeo
Top real estate agents have a pool of clients therefore working with the biggest real estate company has its pros and cons while trying to sell your home fast in Hawaii.
It is not necessary that a reputable brokerage may always provide excellent experience to the buyers and sellers. Generally realtors make a real estate company and are responsible for its popularity. That is why choosing the right realtor always makes a difference.
The other important aspect is the commission. Generally, the seller has to shell out 6% commission after the real estate transaction which is high. Many MLS Flat Fee HI, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3% to the listing agent, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying-selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email email@example.com with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
Check out the following video for all the details you need:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
No matter how large a real estate company is if even one of the following criteria isn’t met, expect a poor review from a particular stakeholder: dedicated and knowledgeable agents, maximum savings, technological advancements, and a quick sell or buy.
It has been a lot of fun to see a lot of digitally-driven real estate companies open and grow much faster than the real estate brokerages offering In-person full service in the last few years! If you’re buying or selling a house in Hawaii, these so-called next-generation platforms use technology to help you through the process, making it easier for you.
People have long known that technology is changing the real estate industry. When used correctly, technology has the ability to give clients more valuable information, especially outside of the traditional way that people buy and sell homes.
Resources for Selling Your Hawaii Home
Best Hawaii Flat Fee MLS Companies
Flat Fee MLS listing has become most preferred option for home sellers. Hawaii Flat Fee MLS companies help you save thousands of dollars.
Real Estate Websites in Hawaii
Eager to know about the best real estate websites in Hawaii? Dive deep in this blog to get information about such top 5 websites.
Best Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Hawaii
How to sell your house fast in Hawaii? Here are the top companies that buy houses for cash in Hawaii. Check who is the best one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the current real estate market in Hawaii?
In September 2022, home prices in Hawaii were up 2.0% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $698,600.
What are the real estate commission rates in Hawaii?
Commission rates are not set in stone. In fact, we found that while 4.99% is the average in Hawaii, rates typically fall between 4.17% and 5.82%.
How many houses do most realtors sell per year?
The average real estate agent handles 12 residential transaction sides per year, according to the NAR. This is true for both buying and selling. Some agents will sell far more, averaging 20-30 homes per year, whereas part-time agents will typically do 4-5 transactions per year.
- Selling inherited property Hawaii: Every state and county has its own Inheritance law to be followed. Find out the detailed points to consider while selling your Hawaii inherited house.
- How to stop Foreclosure sale in Hawaii: There are several ways to stop foreclosure, through which you can save your home. Read further to know more.
- Real Estate Photography Hawaii: Read further to find out why real estate photography has been the buzz in today’s real estate marketing strategy.
- Best time to sell a house in Hawaii: Read more about some of the important factors that will help you decide the best time to sell a house in Hawaii.
- Cash offers: Here’s why you should consider it.
- How much is closing cost in Hawaii: Closing Costs explained in detail.
- Closing Costs for Seller in Hawaii: Find out closing costs for sellers in Hawaii
- Who Pays Closing Cost in Hawaii: Read our blog to know in detail who pays closing cost in Hawaii.
Related Keywords: hawaii real estate, top real estate companies Hawaii, real estate in hawaii, hawaii commercial real estate companies, hawaii real estate companies, best real estate companies in Hawaii, hi real estate companies, best real estate companies to work for in hi, real estate companies in hawaii, mls hawaii, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, hawaii real estate maui, hawaii real estate oahu, real estate company in hawaii, hawaii homes for sale, home sale calculator hawaii, closing cost estimator hawaii buyer, selling a house as is in Hawaii, selling house fast for cash, hawaii all cash home buyers reviews, title policy definition, foreclosure defense lawyer, real estate photographers in hawaii, home inspection hawaii, how much are home inspections in hawaii, cost of an appraisal in Hawaii, hawaii discount real estate brokers, cash home buyers near meUncategorized