- Pros: Affordable listing packages, unlimited listing time, no extra charge for making changes in your MLS listing
- Cons: Only deals with single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. It has additional overlooked costs including $375 at closing if you don’t choose their title company. No a-la-carte services
- Bottomline: We do not recommend Flat Fee MLS Realty for most home sellers. You will save more money, get listed faster, and get more support with Houzeo MLS Listing.
What is Flat Fee MLS Realty?
Stephen Hachey’s Flat Fee MLS Realty is a real estate platform that offers an MLS listing service for homeowners in Florida, Illinois, and Indiana. If you want to list your home on the MLS without paying a hefty agent commission, this is an option for you.
While Flat Fee MLS Realty offers cheap listing packages, this is not an ideal option for FSBO home sellers wanting more hands-on support or à-la-carte services. As a FSBO seller, you will be left to handle the showings and negotiations on your own, which can be daunting.
🤔 What is Flat Fee MLS?
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is an online database of houses for sale that can be accessed ONLY by licensed agents authorized to list homes and procure data. Going to these agents to sell a house means paying a high commission.
A Flat Fee MLS listing service is an MLS ENTRY-ONLY service to list your home on your local MLS through an agent for a flat fee. Here, you sell your home as an For Sale by Owner (FSBO) and save thousands on commission.
💰 Flat Fee MLS: Learn everything you need to know about Flat Fee MLS
How Does Flat Fee MLS Realty Work?
⭐ STEP 1- Select a flat-fee MLS listing package
Select one of the three listing packages that Flat Fee MLS Realty offers on their website.
⭐ STEP 2- Sign up
After choosing the package, sign up by entering your payment details. Fill out an online form with personal and property details.
⭐ STEP 3- Upload photos on MLS
Add the photos of your property to create an MLS listing.
⭐ STEP 4- List your home
Flat Fee MLS Realty will return the listing to you for review within 24 hours of receiving the completed listing forms. This time excludes holidays. Once you give the go-ahead, you can expect to have your home listed within 48 hours.
Let’s take a look at other features of Houzeo and Flat Fee MLS Realty
|Feature Comparison||Houzeo||Flat Fee MLS Realty|
|MLS Listing for a Flat Fee||✅||✅|
|Mobile App For Customers||✅||❌|
|Fast Listing Changes||✅||✅|
|3D or 2D Virtual Tour||✅||❌|
» List Now: Become a Houzeo seller today for hassle-free transaction!
What Does Flat Fee MLS Realty Offer?
Flat Fee MLS Realty offers three listing packages.
Silver Package – $129
In this package, you can post 25 photos on the MLS with your listing. You also get real estate documents, contracts, addendums, and disclosures, and an open house scheduling management tool.
If you want to avail Flat Fee Realty’s professional photography service in this package, you pay an extra $460.
Gold Package – $299
This package includes everything offered in the Silver package in addition to Showing Time service and a window to upload 50 photos on the MLS. The add-on professional photography service in this package costs an additional $300.
👉 NOTE: The Silver and Gold packages do not include a lockbox facility or any other agent-related assistance.
Platinum Package – $599
With this package, you get professional HD photos, Comparative Market Analysis, and a lockbox, in addition to an MLS listing.
All packages allow you to update your listing any number of times and cancel anytime without any additional charges, which is a feature that other Flat Fee MLS companies tend to charge for.
Flat Fee MLS Florida: Check out the rankings of the best Flat Fee MLS companies in Florida.
Stephen Hachey also runs a real estate law firm in Florida. It offers services like foreclosure defense, short sales, loan modification, tenant evictions, and more to residential and commercial property owners.
Currently, the firm only serves Tampa Bay, including Hillsborough County, Orange County, Pinellas County, Manatee County, Pasco County, Sarasota County, Polk County, and Hardee County. The offices are located in North and South Tempa, Riverview, Clearwater, and Sarasota.
👉 NOTE: If wish to avail any of their services, you can request a free consultation. We advise you to ask the firm to send you free written information about their experiences and qualification before you choose them as your attorney.
“For Sale with Lawyer” Offer
For Sale By Owner (FSBO) process of selling a home requires a lot of legwork on the home owner’s side since he’s not represented by a realtor. Stephen K. Hachey provides legal services as mentioned above to such FSBO home sellers as well as unrepresented buyers.
Services under “For Sale with Lawyer” include preparing and reviewing a purchase agreement, estimating all closing costs, guiding the seller through the disclosure process, and closing coordination.
Title and Escrow Services
Stephen Hachey also launched his own title company, Excel Title in 2015. It provides title insurance and settlement, escrow, and closing services for home sellers, buyers, agents, house builders, commercial property professionals, and mortgage lenders to facilitate real estate purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans.
» Title Insurance: Everything You Need to Know About Title Insurance in the USA
👉 NOTE: Stephen K Hachey’s legal and title services are only available in Florida. In addition, the cost for additional agent assistance is not mentioned or included in any of the packages. This could add unforeseen costs, especially at closing.
Flat Fee MLS Realty Coverage
Flat Fee MLS Realty mainly serves the state of Florida. They now have included Illinois and Indiana in their serviceable areas as well.
Flat Fee MLS Realty headquarters at Tampa, FL. Its Illinois office is located in Bloomington, and its Indiana office is in Noblesville.
What You Should Know Before Listing with Flat Fee MLS Realty
❌ Pay an extra $375 if you don’t use their title company
As these Flat Fee MLS Realty reviews as well as the Flat Fee MLS Realty website FAQs mention, the company charges you an additional $375 at closing, irrespective of your package, if you decide not to use their affiliated title company, Excel Title.
❌ Aerial photography restricted to some areas
Aerial photography is not available for the Silver and Gold packages, but if you opt for the Platinum package, the service is still subject to area restrictions. Since the restricted areas are not mentioned on their website, you will have to contact Flat Fee MLS Realty and specifically ask for this information.
🚩 You Should Know: Flat Fee MLS Realty’s overlooked charges include a buyer’s agent commission of 2% at closing and another $375 if you don’t use their title company.
❌ Only the Platinum package offers a Competitive Market Analysis (CMA)
Competitive Market Analysis (CMA) is one of the most important steps for FSBO home sellers, but Flat Fee MLS Realty only offer this service for its Platinum package priced at $599.
CMA is a calculation of a home’s value based on previously sold comparable homes in the neighbourhood. CMA reports are produced by real estate agents to assist home sellers in listing property prices.
Remember that listing price is NOT the same as a home’s selling price. If you price your home competitively, it will attract more buyers and give you an advantage in negotiations.
❌ Flat Fee MLS Realty does not cover commercial, rental, or vacant land
Flat Fee MLS Realty can be an options if you’re selling a single-family home, townhouse, or condo, but it does not provide coverage for other types of properties including commercial, rental or vacant land.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida: Find out our top ranking of Florida’s best flat fee MLS listing companies
❌ Flat Fee MLS Realty is not for inexperienced sellers
You’ll have to conduct tours and communicate with buyers on your own. Flat Fee MLS Realty may not be ideal for you if you are a first-time seller or lack time to manage your property sale.
💰Traditional Real Estate Agent with Minimal Interaction
Houzeo makes it possible!
Houzeo makes deals with top-rated, local agents across the country to get them to give you lower prices on Houzeo’s cutting-edge technology and 100% online platform. Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat-fee, and no commission for all DIY plans.
Flat Fee MLS Realty Reviews
Flat Fee MLS Realty has 74 reviews on Google, averaging 4.2 out of 5 stars. On Yelp, Flat Fee MLS Realty has 5 reviews with a 4.5 average rating out of 5 while on BBB, it has 2 customer reviews with a 1-star rating out of 5.
Flat Fee MLS Realty Reviews: Praises
1. David was happy with the savings on the seller agent’s commission.
2. Champ raved about the ease of transaction and having saved a “nice chunk of money” on commissions.
Flat Fee MLS Realty Reviews: Complaints
1. Lazara highlighted Flat Fee MLS Realty’s unexpected additional fees that were mentioned only in “fine print”, including $350 at closing.
2. Houston highlighted many issues with the company, including their false promise of aerial photography (but not in his area), lack of signage, no response after listing, and an extra charge of $350 at closing if you don’t use their title company.
Flat Fee MLS Realty Reviews: Pros and Cons
✅ Flat Fee MLS Realty Pros
- Affordable listing packages
- A well-built network of attorneys/title agents
- Unlimited listing term
❌ Flat Fee MLS Realty Cons
- They only deal with single-family homes, townhomes, and condos
- Includes overlooked charges
Flat Fee MLS Realty Alternatives
Houzeo is one of the well-known FSBO websites in the US, and we offer Flat Fee MLS listing services. The entire procedure, from listing your home to closing, is simple and completely done online. Plus, there’s no charge aor ny hidden fees or a commission on listings.
Why It’s #1: Houzeo gives you the best combination of max exposure, 5-star customer service, fast listing & changes, and cutting-edge technology.
Packages: Houzeo offers 4 For Sale By Owner MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $299+: It is the best for selling a lot or land property by the owner. Your FSBO listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.
- Silver Package – $349+: This includes everything that FSBO home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $399+: Gold is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for: Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Recommendation: We recommend Houzeo’s Gold Plan for most home sellers. The Gold plan includes all of the advanced features Houzeo is known for. If you are on a budget, Houzeo’s Silver plan is comparable to most companies’ For Sale By Owner packages.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo.com has a 4.9/5 rating with thousands of reviews
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo’s locations and coverage
Houzeo is available nationwide with coverage in 200+ markets.
2. Beycome Real Estate
Based in Miami, Florida, Beycome is a technologically-advanced real estate company that makes it easy for home sellers to list their home on the MLS Florida as an FSBO. Through their seller dashboard, you get to access advanced features like managing your listing, organizing offers, and showing schedules.
Beycome is a licensed brokerage that offers all services virtually. Beycome offers Flat Fee MLS listing services in Florida and a few other states.
Packages: Beycome offers three Flat Fee MLS listing packages.
- Basic Package – $99: You can upload maximum photos and make unlimited listing changes. You get forms and disclosures, an open house scheduler, and home visits management tool. Note that there is a mandatory $25 cancelation fee.
- Enhanced Package – $399: With all the features of the Basic Package, you get a yard sign, a featured Beycome listing, flyers, brochures, and a key lockbox. You also get to add a virtual tour video to your listing.
- Concierge Service – $599 + 1% Commission: Opt for this package if you need assistance until closing.
👉 Our Take: Beycome’s prices are reasonable as a high-tech platform. However, their reviews are only decent, and they have limited coverage. Furthermore, Beycome Real Estate is not a For Sale By Owner website; it is a flat fee brokerage.
» Beycome Reviews: The Truth about America’s only Flat Fee Online Real Estate Brokerage
- Set up a free web page along with listing your property on the MLS
Beycome Brokerage Realty LLC. has a 4.5 out of 5 rating on the popular review site Google.
👎 Limited Coverage: Beycome Real Estate covers only 9 states—Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Minnesota, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
👍 Rankings of Local For Sale By Owner Listing Services: If your zipcode lies out of Beycome’s coverage or you want to explore local companies, check our rankings & choose the best FSBO site for your sale:
- Flat Fee MLS Alabama: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Alabama
- Flat Fee MLS California: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in California
- Flat Fee MLS Connecticut: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Connecticut
- Flat Fee MLS Florida: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Florida
- Flat Fee MLS Georgia: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Georgia
- Flat Fee MLS Illinois: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Illinois
- Flat Fee MLS Minnesota: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in Minnesota
- Flat Fee MLS North Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in North Carolina
- Flat Fee MLS South Carolina: See our rankings of Flat Fee MLS Companies in South Carolina
Why is Houzeo Better than Stephen Hachey’s Flat Fee MLS Realty?
Houzeo.com is available nationwide and significantly increases your exposure by listing your home on the MLS. You will get unmatched options for selling your house. Houzeo’s advanced technology makes the FSBO paperwork and listing management make process quick and efficient.
|1. Bronze Package||$299: It is the best for selling a lot or land property by the owner. Your FSBO listing gets syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor, Redfin, and more.|
|2. Silver Package||$349: This includes everything that FSBO home sellers typically look for.|
|3. Gold Package||399: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.|
|4. Platinum||$999+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.|
Bottomline: Should You List with Flat Fee MLS Realty?
From the Flat Fee MLS Realty reviews that we saw earlier, we do not recommend the company for listing because it has too many additional fees and no à la carte services.
Resources for Selling Your Home in Florida
Learn about Flat Fee MLS and companies who offer the best services in America. Here’s our detailed blog on the top Flat Fee MLS companies in America.
Check out our rankings of Florida’s best Flat Fee MLS companies.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Flat Fee MLS Realty legit?
Yes, Flat Fee MLS Realty is a legit real estate company founded by realtor Stephen Hachey. It offers an MLS listing service for a flat fee to homeowners in Florida, Illinois, and Indiana.
2. Who is Stephen Hachey?
Stephen Hachey is a licensed realtor with 20 years of experience in the Florida real estate market. He is also the founder of Flat Fee MLS Realty and Excel Title.
3. What days are Flat Fee MLS Realty open?
Stephen Hachey's Flat Fee MLS Realty is open all days of the week, including the weekends.
Related: flat fee mls realty reviews, stephen hachey flat fee mls realty, flat fee mls realty, stephen k hachey, excel title company, exit realty tampa, stephen realty, stephen hachey attorney, stephen realtor, stephen hachey realtor fl, stephen hachey, hachey, excel title riverview, excel title, commercial real estate attorney tampa, best real estate attorney tampa, stephen hachey realtor, flat fee mls realty florida, stephen hachey flat fee mls realty, flat fee mls realty, flat fee mls realty stephen hachey, what is a flat fee, how does flat fee realty work, flat fee mls realty reviews, Real Estate Housing Market