From Wichita to Olathe, home sellers across Kansas dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in Kansas.
Our list of the best discount real estate agents in Kansas will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Kansas
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||Flat Fee Realty||$249 |
|3.||I Sold My House||$399 |
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Kansas
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Kansas’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
In Kansas, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329 (plus $395 at closing). The Silver package is priced at $479 (plus $395 at closing), and the Gold package costs $549 (plus $395 at closing). The full-service Platinum package costs $599 (plus $395 at closing).
2. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state. The listing agent also retains a small percentage of the buyer broker’s commission.
- Common services included in the flat fee package are a listing term of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: If you want to make changes to your listing photos, you must purchase upgrades separately. You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos. They do not offer any services to home buyers.
Flat Fee Realty is a decent option if you are looking for a low-cost real estate brokerage.
- Market Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to the local MLS and other real estate websites like Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com.
- Full Representation: Flat Fee Realty offers a full representation of your property to enable you to sell your home fast.
- Custom Home Search: You can save your home search preferences on their website. Later you can just view homes matching your description as they become available.
In our research, we have found some red flags associated with Flat Fee Realty.
- Low on Tech: Flat Fee Realty is not 100% online. Some of the processes are carried out manually. Your listing might get delayed.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- No Buyer Support: Flat Fee Realty isn’t a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits for home buyers.
No credible reviews are found.
Flat Fee Realty covers 46 States across the U.S. They charge a flat fee of $249 in Kansas that covers listing fees and property photo uploads.
However, the listing agent charges an additional fee of $895 at closing for assisting in the transaction. Also, there are no variations in the package or add-ons available.
3. I Sold My House
ISoldMyHouse.com is an online real estate website for sellers operating since 1997. They offer three home-selling options to sellers:
- Flat Fee Packages – $299 to $399: The ‘Get Listed’ and ‘Get Sold’ FSBO packages are for sellers who want complete control over the home selling process. ISoldMyHouse.com helps in listing the property on the MLS for a flat fee. Add-on services have additional charges.
Coverage in 8 States: ISoldMyHouse.com, through its affiliate, Get Listed Realty, provides real estate services in Connecticut, Georgia, New Hampshire, New York, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
In the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse will only be selling your information as a lead to local brokers.
👉 Our Take: If you’re in one of the 8 states serviced directly by ISoldMyHouse.com, we suggest the “Get Sold” plan that includes more property photos. They do not have any services for home buyers.
ISoldMyHouse.com is an excellent Flat Fee MLS option in the 8 states where it directly provides services.
- Experienced Broker: Kris Lippi, the owner of ISoldMyHouse.com, is an experienced real estate broker licensed in 8 states. Very few brokers are as good and knowledgeable as Kris in For Sale By Owner MLS listings.
- Strong Customer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com has excellent reviews from sellers who have used their services. Quick responses and guidance at each stage are the highlights of their strong customer support.
- Full-Service Agent Option: Real estate agents with local experience become your partners. They offer all the services at a discounted rate.
- Cash Buyer Option: You can sell your house as-is to a pre-qualified cash buyer. This option allows you to close quickly without paying any closing costs.
In our research, we found some deal breakers associated with ISoldMyHouse.com.
- Listing Takes Time: In the 42 states + DC where ISoldMyHouse.com does not offer its services, your information is forwarded to a local broker. This process is slow and it can take a few hours or even days to list your house.
- Low Tech: ISoldMyHouse.com does not provide any mobile app platform to its customers.
- No Buyer Support: ISoldMyHouse.com is not a buyer-focused platform and they offer no significant benefits to home buyers.
ISoldMyHouse.com has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 from 88 reviews on Better Business Bureau and Google.
» ISoldMyHouse.com Reviews: Check out these reviews before choosing them.
ISoldMyHouse is a great choice in the 8 states it covers. Kris Lippi, the Broker Owner of ISoldMyHouse is an experienced Flat Fee broker with thousands of transactions under his belt.
However, in the remaining 42 states and Washington D.C., ISoldMyHouse.com is only a referral service. In Kansas, they charge the sellers an additional $500 at closing to cover the state required services of accepting and presenting offers.
OLDEST FSBO WEBSITE
FSBO.com is the oldest FSBO website that has packages mainly for sellers but services for buyers as well.
For Home Sellers:
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- Basic Package – $99: Your property is listed on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. Listing edits and cancellations are possible.
- MLS Package – $399: Your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months and syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia. You can upload up to 20 photos.
The buyer agent’s commission, which is around 2% to 3% of the sale price, is to be paid separately by the seller.
For Home Buyers:
- Free Property Search: Buyers can search for properties on FSBO.com for free. However, foreclosure search requires registration. It is free for 7 days after which buyers have to pay a monthly fee of $39.80.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the $399 MLS package for sellers, as it gives the maximum exposure through an MLS listing. However, sellers should be careful of the extra charges for the add-on services.
Here are some highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- Simple User Interface: FSBO.com is easy to navigate. Due to its basic interface, you can easily create your listing by adding relevant information.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com. Here are some of them:
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com provides your information to a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually due to lack of online automation or downloadable resources.
- Lack of DIY Resources or Tools: Although FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website, it does not provide any resources to make your job easy.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: You never know which local broker your listing will go to. FSBO.com reviews online are mixed, which indicates good service in some places only.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You have to pay $50 extra if you want to upload more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive à La Carte Services: Services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings add another $50 to $150 to the packages.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Check out why the oldest FSBO site isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is available in all states with coverage in 50+ markets. They allow sellers to list their property for sale while saving on the listing agent commission.
But you should know that additional services can add up to a total of $335 in costs over and above your flat fee package!
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. It’s technology sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and more.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good nationwide discount real estate brokerage. We recommend its concierge plan because it covers everything needed for a successful real estate transaction.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform, mobile app, and home value estimation.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork assistance with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you services apart from Redfin’s defined services.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 from 372 reviews on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Redfin connects you with real estate agents in your area by utilizing technology and market data. However, your savings are not guaranteed.
You need to buy a house through Redfin within a year to get back 0.5% of the listing fee. If you do not opt for that, you lose out on the refund.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers in Kansas are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5% to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with a discount broker is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers in Kansas have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, Redfin offers a buyer rebate of 0.5%.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Kansas
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Kansas.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Kansas companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Kansas Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Wichita and other Kansas markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell your house fast in Kansas.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Kansas make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Kansas and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Kansas: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Kansas: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much commission does a Realtor charge in Kansas?
A Realtor in Kansas generally charge around 6%.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in Kansas?
Yes! Real estate commissions in Kansas are negotiable.