Whether you’re selling a cottage home in Dover or a single-room home in Wilmington, the 6% real estate agent commission will burn a hole in your pocket. But you can save thousands on realtor commissions if you list your home For Sale By Owner.
The most advanced FSBO sites don’t just help you save on commissions. They offer 5-star customer service and advanced tools to help you update your listing, manage showings, review and counteroffers, and close on the sale.
🚀 The Rise of FSBOs
- According to Zillow, 26% of Gen X’ers and 36% of millennials listed FSBO.
- National Association of Realtors found that FSBO homes sold faster than agent-assisted homes. 77% of FSBO homes sold in less than 2 weeks.
- MLS is an important FSBO tool. Homes on the MLS sold faster and for 17% more than homes not on the MLS.
- Houzeo.com is America’s #1 For Sale By Owner website. Simple Choice Realty and FSBO.com are the next best options.
FSBO means selling your house on your own, unassisted by a real estate agent. There are 2 types of FSBO websites where you can list your home For Sale By Owner in Delaware:
- Paid FSBO Websites: All paid FSBO sites will get you listed on the MLS – the most powerful marketing tool for home sellers. MLS syndicates your listings to Zillow, Redfin, Trulia, Realtor.com, and 100s of other websites.
- Free FSBO Websites: Free FSBO sites will limit your listing exposure to just those websites. No MLS exposure means less competition for your property and thus a lower sale price for you.
We have spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing For Sale By Owner websites in the Diamond State. Here are our rankings.
Rankings: 7 Best For Sale By Owner Websites in Delaware
|FSBO Website||Fee||100% Online||MLS Access||Offers Management||Showings Management||5 Star Ratings|
|2. Simple Choice Realty||$399||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|4. Flat Fee Realty||$199 + 0.25%||❌||✅||❌||❌||❌|
|6. Zillow For Sale By Owner||$0||❌||❌||❌||❌||❌|
4 Best Paid For Sale By Owner Websites in Delaware
Paid FSBO websites list on MLS without Realtor in Delaware for a one-time flat fee. We’ve ranked the best Flat Fee FSBO listing websites in Oregon.
Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages.
- Bronze Package – $329: This package offers MLS listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes an MLS listing for 6 months with maximum photos. It also offers unlimited listing changes and open houses.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package. It includes 6 months with maximum photos and additionally offers all the technology Houzeo is known for.
- Platinum – $349+: It offers a virtual full service with a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo for all home sellers. The company has an excellent customer rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. It has extensive coverage across 47 states + DC, a feat achieved by only a handful of other services.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
Here are some pros of Houzeo:
- Save Thousands in Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Home sellers who sold on Houzeo saved $11,490 on average.
- No Hidden Fees: All fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states and DC.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other FSBO sites.
- Advanced Technology: With Houzeo listings, you don’t have to go through the hassle of hours of paperwork. E-sign and online forms make listing quick and easy.
- 5-star Customer Service: Home sellers have consistently rated Houzeo highly at 4.9 stars out of 5.0. You are likely to have an excellent experience listing & selling with Houzeo.
- Mobile App: Houzeo’s mobile app lets you manage showing requests from verified buyers and buyer agents. You can either accept, reject, or reschedule showings.
Houzeo’s services are limited in Wyoming, South Dakota, and West Virginia. This means your listings may not get updated in 12 hours and may not get maximum exposure.
Houzeo.com is Delaware’s #1 FSBO website, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo gives Delaware FSBO home sellers affordable Delaware Flat Fee MLS listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
2. Simple Choice Realty
Simple Choice Realty offers only 1 Flat Fee MLS package.
- MLS Package – $399: This package provides a listing period of 6 months with 25+ photos on the MLS. You also get a yard sign, and required state disclosures.
- Upgraded Customized Sign: $125
- Electronic Supra Lockboxes (in some areas): $100
- 12-month listing: $99
- Combination Lockbox: $50
- Expedited Listing (same-day MLS listing): $50
- Realtor.com Weekly Report: $25
👉 Our Take: Simple Choice offers a single MLS package that covers all the basic requirements of a home seller. However, package customization can only be done with additional fees.
» Chris Carr Simple Choice Realty: Chris Carr and Simple Choice Realty have 5 out of 5 stars from Houzeo home sellers.
Listing with Simple Choice Realty has certain advantages.
- Market Exposure: Your home is listed on popular websites like Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and other real estate websites.
- Free Listing Changes: You can make updates to your listing without paying any additional fees.
- State Disclosures: Simple Choice Realty provides all required seller disclosures to ease your listing process.
- Buyer Lead Forwarding: All buyer leads are directly forwarded to you without the involvement of an agent.
- Add Open House to MLS Listing: You can add 2 open house ads on the MLS for no extra cost.
» Pros and Cons of Simple Choice Realty: Find our in-depth analysis of Simple Choice Realty.
In our research, we found some deal breakers about Simple Choice Realty.
- Limited Coverage: Simple Choice Realty offers services in Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, and Maryland.
- Unclear Policies: The refund and cancellation policies of Simple Choice are unclear to the sellers. The referral broker can help you to get a refund.
- Less Techy: Though Simple Choice Realty provides all the services online, it lacks the online schedule showing platform to manage offers.
» Simple Choice Drawbacks: Find all other limitations of working with Simple Choice Realty.
What sets Simple Choice Realty apart is its Managing Broker – Chris Carr. Chris Carr has been engaged in the real estate field since 2004.
He has a fair amount of experience as a Flat Fee MLS broker and has represented many home sellers. Simple Choice Realty offers its services in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
FSBO.com has 2 packages for FSBO home sellers:
- FSBO Package – $99.95: This package lists your property on FSBO.com and Redfin for 6 months. You can upload unlimited photos and a video. It allows you to make changes and cancel your listing anytime.
- MLS Package – $399.95: With this package, your property is listed on the MLS for 6 months with 20 photos. Your listing is syndicated to Zillow, Realtor, and Trulia.
- Classic FSBO.com Yard Sign w/ Stand: $75
- Open House Posting: $50
- Directional Arrow – For Sale By Owner: $12
- Sign Riders: $12
👉 Our Take: FSBO.com has been in business since 1997. They allow you to customize the plans by offering some services separately. You can add or skip these services based on your needs.
» Pros and Cons of FSBO.com: Read to know what sellers have to say about FSBO.com
Here are some key highlights of listing with FSBO.com:
- Multiple Categories of Listings: You can feature your listing in a special section dedicated to foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, tax lien, or bankruptcy.
- User-Friendly Interface: The website is easy to navigate. This helps you to easily create your listing and add property information.
- Nationwide Coverage: With FSBO.com your property gets a nationwide exposure.
» Is FSBO.com Legit: Read the blog to find out.
During our research, we identified several disadvantages of listing with FSBO.com.
- Limited Automation: FSBO.com shares your information with a local broker who does the listing for you. You have to do all the paperwork manually.
- Unpredictable Broker Quality: Sellers are connected with local brokers for listing. Moreover, online FSBO.com reviews are mixed.
- Extra Charges for Listing Photos: You need to pay $50 extra for uploading more than 20 photos to your listing.
- Expensive À la Carte Services: You need to pay $50 – $150 for services like e-lockbox rental, showings, yard signs, and open house postings.
FSBO.com has no credible customer reviews on popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot.
» FSBO.com Reviews: Read why the oldest FSBO website isn’t the best in 2023’s slow market.
FSBO.com is the oldest For Sale By Owner website. They offer 2 listing packages priced at $99.95 and $399.95. We do not recommend the $99.95 plan, as it offers the services that For Sale By Owner free listing sites offer.
Apart from listing houses For Sale By Owner, FSBO.com offers no major services. The à la carte items are expensive, and you’re charged extra for uploading more than 25 photos.
4. Flat Fee Realty
Flat Fee Realty offers a single Flat Fee MLS package, the price of which varies by state.
- Common services included in the Flat Fee package are a listing terms of 6 months with 6 photos. Your listings get syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. The package also includes free listing upgrades and state disclosures.
Listing Photos Upgrades: You can add up to 25 photos for $50.
👉 Our Take: If an affordable plan is your priority, then Flat Fee Realty is a good option. However, they do charge additional fees for optional upgrades like additional photos.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Realty: Read our in-depth analysis of Flat Fee Realty before choosing them.
In places where it offers direct services, Flat Fee Realty is a great flat fee MLS alternative.
- Cost-Effective: Flat Fee Realty offers an affordable flat fee listing package.
- Free Changes: You can make changes to your listing without paying any additional fees.
- Easy Cancellation: You can cancel anytime and get a refund within 30 days of purchase. If you decide not to sell your home, some of your listing fees will be refunded.
- Market Exposure: Listing gets syndicated to Realtor.com, Trulia.com, and Zillow.com. All the major websites you would like to use to showcase your home.
- Free Disclosures: Flat Fee Realty offers free disclosures for all states.
» Pros and Cons of Flat Fee Realty: Read further to know the advantages and disadvantages of Flat Fee Realty.
In our review of Flat Fee Realty, we identified some major deal-breakers.
- Non-customizable Packages: Flat Fee Realty’s listing package provides no scope for customization. The package is a one size fits all plan, limiting the options you would like to opt for.
- 0.25% Commission at Closing: Flat Fee Realty charges 0.25% commission at closing. Even though they claim the buyer agent pays this, the entire commission comes out of the seller’s proceeds.
- Limited Coverage: The company’s service availability may vary and is subject to change without notice.
Flat Fee Realty has no credible reviews.
» Flat Fee Realty Reviews: Read our in-depth review on Flat Fee Realty.
These MLS For Sale By Owner packages include only an option to list on the MLS. With this package, you get free listing changes and related seller disclosures. You can add more than 6 photos to your listing by paying an additional $50.
However, Flat Fee Realty requires you to pay a minimum 2% buyer agent commission, 0.25% of which goes as a kickback to your listing agent. This means you end up paying a small commission to the listing agent at closing.
3 Best Free For Sale By Owner Websites in Delaware
Free For Sale By Owner websites in Delaware offer online exposure but don’t guarantee a successful FSBO sale.
ForSaleByOwner.com has 2 FSBO packages.
- ‘Do It Yourself’ FSBO Package – $0: Your home only gets listed on ForSaleByOwner.com website.
- ‘Closing Assistance’ Package – $495: You get a licensed real estate advisor to assist you at closing. The package will only assist you if you have potential buyers.
👉 Our Take: We do not recommend ForSaleByOwner.com because they will not list on MLS.
» Pros & Cons of ForSaleByOwner.com: Read advantages and disadvantages of ForSaleByOwner.com before listing.
Here are some key pros to consider:
- Nationwide Coverage: ForSaleByOwner.com’s services are available across the U.S.
- Control and Flexibility: You can set your schedule, conduct showings, and manage the sale process at your convenience.
- Direct Buyer Interaction: You can engage directly with potential buyers through ForSaleByOwner.com’s messaging system.
Here are a few cons to keep in mind:
- No MLS Listing: ForSaleByOwner.com does not list your property on MLS. You can list solely on its website.
- Lack of Technology: Managing the listing, showings, negotiations, and paperwork can be time-consuming and demanding.
- Privacy Violation: Even though listing on ForSaleByOwner.com is free, payment details are still necessary.
- Lead for Rocket Homes: Your listing information gets sold to Rocket Homes agents. They will contact you and persuade you to list your property on the MLS.
ForSaleByOwner.com is considered one of the biggest FSBO websites, as they claim to have 7 times more traffic than other For Sale By Owner sites.
Although ForSaleByOwner.com offers other paid services, none of these services include For Sale By Owner MLS listing. Further, your information is provided to a Rocket Homes affiliated agent. These agents contact you frequently to solicit MLS listings.
6. Zillow For Sale By Owner
Zillow offers the following listing plans for home sellers:
- FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
- Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: This is the traditional way to sell your home. An agent assists you through the home sale process.
👉 Our Take: Zillow is a comprehensive real estate website that offers a variety of tools and resources for home sellers.
» Does Zillow charge for sale by owner? Click to know if it’s free or not.
You should consider these points while choosing them:
- No Fees: You can list your home on Zillow’s FSBO website free of charge.
- Free Cancellation: You can cancel your Zillow listing without any additional charges or hidden costs.
- Market Exposure: It is one of the most popular real estate websites, with millions of visitors each month. This means that your listing will be seen by a large number of potential buyers.
- Nationwide Coverage: Zillow FSBO is present in all 50 states in America.
- Easy To Use: Zillow’s website and mobile app are easy to use and navigate. Users can search for properties by location, price, features, and other criteria.
We identified several disadvantages of listing with Zillow.
- Slow Listings: Your listing can take up to 72 hours from the time you submit your property details.
- Inaccurate Zestimate: Zestimate, Zillow’s property valuation tool is often inaccurate. This misleads both buyers and sellers.
- Limited Support: Zillow’s customer support may not match the level of personalized guidance offered by other FSBO companies.
- Lead for Real Estate Agent: Your listing information gets sold to Zillow’s agents. You’ll get calls not from buyers but from agents.
- Hide FSBO Listings: Zillow hides FSBO listings behind agent listings. FSBO listings are hidden two clicks away and get almost no traffic.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website. It attracts more than 200 million visitors every month. To list your home on Zillow For Sale By Owner, all you need to do is sign up and make your free account.
As Zillow FSBO listings are not on the MLS, they have very low exposure. Additionally, all FSBO listings on Zillow are hidden in the ‘Other Listings’ tab. This has lowered the success rate of free Zillow FSBO listings drastically.
Craigslist is one of the biggest classified websites.
- FSBO Listing on Craigslist- $0: You get a FSBO listing on Craigslist. You can upload your property’s description, location, and some photos.
👉 Our Take: With Craigslist you can post your house for sale for free. However, you don’t have MLS exposure.
» Where Does Craigslist Operate: Click here to know more about Craigslist.
Here are some key pros to consider:
- User-Friendly Website: Craigslist’s website is easy to navigate. This helps you to easily create your listing and add property information.
- Free FSBO Listing: Most of the FSBO sellers who opt to advertise on Craigslist do it to save up on the agent’s commission.
- Good for Distressed Property: Craigslist is a great platform for distressed properties. This is mainly because many cash buyers, house flippers, and investors keep track of listings on Craigslist.
- Huge Traffic: According to Similarweb, Craigslist is the most visited classified website in the USA.
Here are a few cons to keep in mind:
- Lowball Offer: Customers have reported that buyers on Craigslist make lowball offers.
- Scammers and Pranksters: Craigslist is infamous for being a playground for scammers. Many people who list their homes on Craigslist get unsolicited calls from scammers posing as buyers.
- Short Lifespan of Ads: Craigslist ads are listed in reverse chronological order, the newest ones always have the most prominence.
Craigslist is the biggest classifieds website in the U.S. In terms of traffic, it is the second most visited website with more than 140 million monthly visitors.
While Craigslist can give your listing decent exposure, it can also attract scammers and fraud cash house buyers. Hence, we recommend that you put very limited information about your property and request identification from anyone who makes an offer.
Here’s a quick recap of the best FSBO websites:
Reviews: America’s Best FSBO Websites
We’ve reviewed the best paid and free For Sale By Owner Websites in 2023
Alternatives to For Sale By Owner Websites in Delaware
If you think selling your house yourself in Delaware is too complicated for you, here are some other options you can consider:
- List with a Full-Service Realtor: Delaware Realtors are full-service in-person real estate agents that provide all services for the buyer and seller for a commission of 3%-6%. Luxury real estate brokers may charge more than 6%.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: A flat rate or discount real estate broker in Delaware offers all the services of a traditional broker for a discounted flat rate. This can range anywhere from $400 to $8,000.
- 1% Commission Realtors: Clients save thousands by working with discount brokers at 1% commission rates.
- Low-Commission Real Estate Agents: A low-commission real estate agent can get you listed and sold for a discounted commission. There are typically some trade-offs, including a lower level of service or only virtual consultation.
- Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Delaware cash home buyers make direct cash offers on homes. They let home sellers skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, staging, marketing, etc.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
An Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our technology.
Book a FREE Call
Which is the Best For Sale By Owner Website in Delaware?
The best For Sale By Owner website in Delaware will list your home on the MLS for a reasonable price, in the least time, and provide timely assistance. That’s why, we recommend Houzeo as the best For Sale By Owner website to list your home.
Houzeo’s Delaware Flat Fee MLS Listing plan will list your home within 24 to 48 hours. Further, with the Gold Package, you get access to cutting-edge tools like Offers Dashboard, Showings Management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
Free For Sale By Owner listing sites gives a boost to your listing, by reaching the maximum prospective buyers. To get the best exposure and sell your house fast, we recommend you target MLS as well as other free FSBO listing sites.
- ✍️ Is Houzeo Legit? Yes, Houzeo is a tech-centric For Sale By Owner website and real estate platform that gives you access to tools only real estate agents have.
Check out how Houzeo works in this video:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» Houzeo Reviews: Find out what customers have to say about Houzeo.com
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I list my home For Sale By Owner in Delaware?
You can list your house For Sale By Owner with Flat Fee MLS services like Houzeo.com, Beycome, List With Freedom, and more. Your home will be listed on the MLS, the most powerful tool to market your home for sale.
2. What is the best For Sale By Owner MLS listing service in Delaware?
Houzeo.com is the best FSBO listing site, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on popular review websites like Google and Trustpilot.
3. Where can I list my house For Sale By Owner for free in Delaware?
4. How to sell your house in 2023?
If you want to sell your home in 2023, you must follow these tips:
1. List on MLS.
2. Offer a competitive buyer's agent commission
3. Set a competitive pricing for your house.
4. Use professional photography.
» List on America’s #1 FSBO Site and save thousands of commission.
5. What is the best MLS listing site?
Houzeo.com is the best MLS listing site, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology. Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on popular review websites like Google and Trustpilot.
Related: best for sale by owner sites Delaware, sale by owner websites Delaware, best site for fsbo Delaware, for sale by owner web sites Delaware, Delaware home sale by owner websites, best website for sale by owner homes Delaware, websites to list homes for sale by owner Delaware, best fsbo websites Delaware, best fsbo site Delaware, top for sale by owner websites Delaware, home for sale by owner websites Delaware,best fsbo listing site Delaware, homes for sale in Maryland, house for sale in Delaware,websites to sell your house by owner.
what is the best for sale by owner site delaware, best for sale by owner mls listing service delaware, listing a home for sale by owner delaware,websites for sale by owner delaware, websites to sell your house by owner delaware, for sale by owner websites reviews delaware, website for sale by owner delaware, where to list home for sale by owner delaware, best for sale by owner website delaware, where to list for sale by owner delaware, best place to list home for sale by owner delaware, where to list a house for sale by owner delaware, best website to sell house by owner delaware