» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
Over the past year, Delaware’s real estate market saw an increase of 14% in the average sales price. As this market heats up, opting for discount real estate brokers in Delaware can help you save thousands in commission.
Here are the top real estate companies in Delaware that offer discount!
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Delaware
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||Ideal Agent||2% |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Delaware
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Ideal Agent
👨💼 QUALITY AGENTS
Ideal Agent, a discounted real estate broker, helps the sellers find quality agents when compared with their competitors.
Ideal Agent for Homesellers
- Top Agents: Ideal Agent has built a reputation of working with only the top 1% of agents. The agent matching service is free of cost, and there is no obligation to work with the recommended realtors.
- Marginal Savings: Ideal Agent charges a commission of 2%. This means marginal savings for the sellers against the average traditional listing agent commission of 2.5%.
- Delayed Processing: This creates a delay in the selling process. The sellers must talk to the concierge on the phone before the agent is assigned. This creates a delay in the selling process.
Ideal Agent for Homebuyers
- Not Buyer Focused: Ideal Agent offers no significant benefits for home buyers. Buyers can hire an agent, but they need to get in touch with their customer service to set up a call with the concierge. The agent will contact the buyers only after these steps have been completed.
👉 Our Take: A major drawback of Ideal Agent is that it does not make the process of home buying easier or beneficial for the buyers. Moreover, having to speak to a concierge increases the amount of time it takes to list a property. On the other hand, Houzeo.com helps sellers list their property in 8 business hours.
» Ideal Agent Reviews: Read This BEFORE You Choose Them!
- Qualified agents
- No obligation to choose an agent
- Add-on services like professional photos and more
- Good customer service
- Minimal savings
- Single-agent match
- Inconsistent agent results
- No customer dashboard
- No buyer savings
Ideal agent has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
Ideal Agent is available throughout the U.S.
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and everything.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker. We recommend its concierge plan because it includes everything.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you services apart from Redfin’s defined services.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Redefy offers its services for a flat rate or commission based on your home sale price.
- Full Service: Redefy charges a flat rate of $3,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the platform gets more expensive. In this case, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
Coverage: Redefy covers Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
👉 Our Take: Redefy works on the multiple agent model. They have a field agent who meets clients and an in-house agent for customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
Redefy is a full service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
- Decent Listing Fee for Low-Value Homes: If your home value is below one million the flat rate option is a good bargain.
- In-House Support: You are provided in-house support with accurate pricing and other features like home staging.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, inclusive of insurance and taxes.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of Redefy.
- No Refund Deposit: You have to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Redefy has limited agents who cater to a large volume of customers which poses a risk to service quality.
Redefy has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 37 reviews on Yelp.
» Redefy Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Redefy on Yelp.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Companies In Delaware: Sell your home with Flat Fee MLS instead!
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission companies offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in Delaware, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Agents in Delaware
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Redefy|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Redfin|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is through discount realtors in Delaware.
|Traditional Agent |
Similarly, if you are a buyer approaching a discount realty that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much inexpensive to purchase. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Seller Closing Costs In Delaware and Buyer Closing Costs In Delaware: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs!
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|GOLD||$429||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services. No hidden costs at closing.|
|PLATINUM||$445||Plus $554 at closing. 1-year listing, maximum number of photos, virtual full-service with everything you require to sell the property. Unlimited term and changes included! No hidden costs at closing.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in Delaware do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
The number of units in the market(or inventory) has gone up by 19% over the past year. While Delaware continues to be seller-inclined, the competition between sellers is heating up as the inventory increases. So, this is an optimal time to sell your home in Delaware. Low commission real estate companies in Delaware can help you get the best price for your property.
Scenic beauty, low crime rate, lower taxes, and a relatively low cost of living make Delaware a great place to live, work, and enjoy life. If you are looking to buy a home in Delaware, this is a good time to invest as the median sales price of houses has been predicted to increase further by the year-end. Discount realtors in Delaware can help you take a step closer to your dream house without burning a hole in your pocket!
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offers 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in Delaware without paying high commissions.
» How To Sell A House By Owner In Delaware: 2022 updates!
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average real estate commission in Delaware?
The average real estate commission in Delaware is 5.44%. In contrast, Delaware discount real estate brokers charge a 3-4% commission.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Delaware?
Houzeo.com, Ideal Agent, and UpNest are the top discount real estate brokers in Delaware.
Do sellers pay closing cost in Delaware?
Both sellers and buyers share the burden of closing costs. Typically the seller pays 6-10% as the closing cost, while the buyer contributes 2-5%.
Related: sell my house delaware, low fee realtor, low commission real estate broker, discount real estate broker, low commission realtor, companies that buy houses for cash in Delaware, sell your home fast in delaware, discount real estate brokers near me, what is homelightUncategorized