Dallas saw a 20.0% rise in house prices in May 2022. In this competitive market, selling a house can be beneficial. One way to benefit is to ask for discount brokers who charge low commissions.
Here are some of the best discount real estate brokers in Dallas who can make the work easy and smooth.
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Dallas, TX
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Hometiva||$3,495 Flat Fee||❌||❌||❌||✅||❌|
|3.||Flex Group Real Estate||$3000 |
or 1% Commission
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Dallas, TX
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
🏆 GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
Why Hometiva is #2: Hometiva is a full-service real estate company that helps people to sell their houses at a flat fee of $3,495. Doing so gives Hometiva the chance to help sellers save a large sum of money. With a flat rate full-service, they are amongst the best discount brokers in Dallas.
Hometiva for Home Sellers
- Save on Commission: With a $3495 flat fee, sellers can save money on their property that they would have lost if it was a traditional agent.
- Agent Management: One agent is assigned from the beginning to the closing. This ensures multiple people are not involved and the seller gets utmost attention throughout the process.
- Features: They provide initial in-home consultation, market analysis, pricing suggestions, staging advice, professional photos, and listing on the MLS and known websites like Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com. Negotiations, and guidance during closing.
Hometiva for Home Buyers
- New Listings: Hometiva’s website features active new listings which home buyers can browse through to find their next home.
👉 Our Take: Hometive offers a great set of features to home sellers at a great value. They also are one of the highest flat fee realties in Dallas. As of now though, they do not offer substantial services for home buyers.
» Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Texas: Read further to know more.
- Good local exposure.
- Highly Qualified Agents.
- Whole process is included in one fee.
- One agent who helps from start to end.
- Exposure to popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, and realtor.com.
- Yard sign & lockbox
- An app to manage showings
Hometiva has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
Hometiva covers major cities like Dallas, Frisco, Plano, McKinney, and more in Texas.
3. Flex Group Real Estate
💰 SUBSTANTIAL SAVINGS
Flex Group Real Estate
Why Flex Group Real Estate is #3: Flex Group Real Estate is a discount real estate brokerage based in Texas. By providing a low commission service, they help their clients in the DFW Metroplex area sell their property and keep most of their money in their pocket.
Flex Group Real Estate for Home Sellers
- More Savings: Flex Real Estate charges sellers a $3000 or 1% commission whichever is higher. This plan will helps sellers with their entire sale process.
- Agent Management: Qualified brokers at Flex Group RE will help you at every step of the process.
- Features: Professional photography, online marketing through MLS, Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and more.
Flex Group Real Estate for Home Buyers
- Home Search Feature: Flex Group Real Estate has a home search feature on its website. Home buyers can use this to make customized searches for homes based on their own requirements.
- Mortgage Calculator: The brokerage’s website also features a mortgage calculator which will give buyers a good idea of the mortgage they will have to bear depending on the home price.
👉 Our Take: Flex Group Real Estate offers a good set of features for both home sellers and buyers. Their full service model and low agent commission make them an ideal pick for home sellers.
» Selling a House in Texas: 7 things you need to know.
- Qualified Local Agents.
- Full-service Discount real estate brokerage.
- Professional Photos.
- Listing syndicated to Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com.
- Contract Negotiation.
Flex Group Real Estate has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
Flex Group Real Estate offers its services in all the counties in Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington Metropolitan Area (DFW Metroplex).
⛔ LIMITED SAVINGS
SimpleShowing, like any other low-cost real estate broker, matches sellers with real estate agents.
For Home Sellers
- Agent Matching: The hi-tech brokerage matches sellers with local Realtors and charges a 1% listing fee instead of the traditional 3%. This may be a benefit for the firm but it surely is a compromise on quality.
- Self-Tour Lockbox: For an additional $995, lets verified buyers tour your property without a buyer’s agent. With an unrepresented buyer, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
- Additional Services: With SimpleShowing you get access to various services like listing on MLS, professional photographers, home valuation, and much more.
For Home Buyers
- In-person Support: From recommending suitable properties to carrying out negotiations, SimpleShowing offers all the services that a traditional agent does.
- Buyer Refund: If you hire SimpleShowing as your buyer agent, you will get half of the buyer agent’s commission as closing cost credit. This reduces the amount that you are expected to pay at closing.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: SimpleShowing is not at all a cost-effective discount for real estate brokerage. The additional charges for a premium lockbox increase the seller’s cost instead of decreasing it.
» Flat Fee MLS: Sell your house with a Flat Fee MLS company instead!
- Qualified agents
- Low listing fee when compared with competitors
- Mobile App
- Marginal savings
- Limited real estate agents
- Compromise on quality because of less number of agents
- Average customer support
- Restricted coverage
SimpleShowing has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
SimpleShowing offers its services in the regions of Florida, Texas, and Georgia.
GOOD AGENT COVERAGE
HomeLight has a network of thousands of successful real estate agents and brokers. It is an agent-matching tech-platform.
- Standard Commission: HomeLight is a free agent-matching platform. The agent you get through this platform will charge the standard commission of 2% to 3% for listing.
👉 Our Take: HomeLight provides decent agent-matching services. However, the standard listing commission means zero savings for you.
» HomeLight Reviews: The Truth You Need To Know
HomeLight offers a number of advantages to both sellers and buyers:
For Home Sellers:
- Free Agent Matching: The agent matching service from HomeLight is free for home sellers. HomeLight furnishes details of the best real estate agents in your neighborhood. Depending on the agent, the traditional 5% to 6% commission is charged.
- Estimators and Calculators: HomeLight offers Home Value Estimator, Best Time To Sell Calculator, Agent Commissions Calculator, and Net Proceeds Calculator to home sellers.
- HomeLight Simple Sale: HomeLight has a network of pre-approved buyers. If you want to sell your house fast, this option allows you to sell it to a cash buyer within 7 days.
For Home Buyers:
- Home Search Feature: Buyers can search for homes by city, zip code, or address.
- Estimators: HomeLight offers estimators like Home Affordability Calculator, Down Payment Calculator, and Closing Costs Calculator for home buyers.
In our research, we have found some red flags associated with HomeLight.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: The agents they assign may not work at your convenience. Even the listing speed will be based on the agent selected.
- Off-market Restriction: Registering on HomeLight will get you offers from agents instantly. Although the process is fast, only homes that are off-market are allowed.
HomeLight has an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 from 237 reviews on Sitejabber.
» How To Sell My House Fast In Dallas, TX: Here’s What You Can Do
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”, but in reality they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with flat fee realtors in Dallas. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers in Dallas, TX
Discount brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some flat-fee realtors offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include Dallas MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors in Dallas, TX, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Realtors Dallas, Texas
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Houwzer|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Redfin|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Are you a good negotiator? In fact, commissions in the Dallas real estate can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how.
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, the real estate commission in Texas is 5.59%, which is slightly higher than the national average. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible but once you know your reference point, negotiations can be a lot smoother.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of Discount Broker
For example, picking a flat rate realtor in Dallas may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee.
» Seller Closing Costs In Texas: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
How to choose a Low commission/ Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find discount real estate brokers in Dallas, TX look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and top companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you can choose the right broker. Then you can use the chosen broker.
Alternatives to Discount/Low commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a home is 5%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs which can potentially total up to a staggering 17%!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» iBuyer Reviews: Selling your home for cash in 2022!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly in Dallas. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, helping you sell your house fast and with the most exposure possible.
» For Sale by Owner Websites: Best for sale by owner websites in 2022!
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker/Company Over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume a property costs $600,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. Through a traditional process, a seller can incur closing costs anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – that’s too expensive. A person can try selling a house as is to avoid these exorbitant commissions through discount realtors in Dallas.
|Traditional Agent |
💡Make A Note: Sellers get discount on seller’s agent commission only, they still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Dallas, TX, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs in Texas: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||3-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$449||6-months listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$499||12-months listing + Virtual Full Service that includes everything you require to sell the property.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a discount real estate brokerage, you should know its coverage. A flat rate realtor in Dallas may not have the same coverage as another one. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or counties.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
» Companies that Buy Houses for Cash in Dallas, TX: Top 8!
With the median prices at $490K, it is evident that the housing market is competitive in Dallas. And it is the discount real estate brokers in Dallas that will help home sellers benefit the most from the process.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that will help home sellers to list their property from the comfort of their homes. Its customer-centric approach and advanced technology make Houzeo an ideal choice for residents in Dallas to list and sell their property without paying high commissions.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services In Dallas, TX: Top 5!
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Realtor commission in Dallas, Texas?
Realtors can charge anywhere between 5%-6% commission in Dallas. Now, many real estate brokerages offer their services at a discount to help sellers save more money and sell their property at a competitive price.
Can you negotiate Realtor fees in Dallas, Texas?
Yes, you can negotiate Realtor fees in Dallas if you know your property's worth. A seller can negotiate based on factors like the house's condition and the property's location. It is advisable to negotiate in the beginning to avoid paying high commissions. So, ensure to negotiate on terms both the parties can mutually agree on.
Who pays closing costs in Dallas, Texas?
Closing costs are borne by both buyer and seller. They pay based on the legal agreements and will have to pay separate amounts. The closing costs are higher for sellers because they have to pay the buyer and seller agent's commissions. Both buyers and sellers must be careful before doing the final closing and ensure they settle only after a thorough check.
How much are the closing costs in Dallas, Texas?
Closing costs in Dallas include seller and buyer agent commission, home warranty fees, home inspection fees, and more. So, if the final sale price of a house is $600,000, then the closing costs can be approximately $36,450! this is a large sum of money if the seller goes to a traditional agent. A seller can instead save on these closing costs if they approach a low-cost realtor.
Related: real estate discount brokers, discount brokerage real estate, discount house, best discount brokerage, low commission real estate agent, selling a house as is in Dallas, flat fee listing Dallas, discounted real estate brokers, is homelight legitUncategorized