» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | Discount Brokers to Avoid | Everything to Know about Discount Real Estate Brokers in Georgetown, TX | Ways to get Discounted Realtor Fees | Alternatives | Why Discount Brokers? | Final Word | FAQs
Compared to last year, the number of houses sold in Georgetown, TX went up by 12.4% in July 2022. In this hot market, finding the right discount real estate broker in Georgetown, TX can help you save thousands of dollars in commissions and make your sale hassle-free.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Georgetown, TX
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Austin Discount Realty||1.5% |
|3.||Heights Discount Realty||1% |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Georgetown, TX
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo is an online tech company that offers real estate solutions. It provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Homesellers
- Affordable Flat Fee: Houzeo’s plans are typically a small flat fee. This will save you thousands. If your buyer is unrepresented, you also save the buyer agent commission.
- Listings on MLS: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites. Houzeo also has nifty social media sharing tools. No other platform gives you this much exposure.
- Fully Virtual Service: Houzeo is 100% online. Listing is easy and changes are fast. So you can focus on what is most important – your sale.
Houzeo for Homebuyers
- Access to Listings without Agents: Houzeo lets buyers get access to all the nearby listings on MLS without working with an agent.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Houzeo’s unique Closing Costs Calculator lets buyers get an accurate final cost at the end of the buying process.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Austin Discount Realty
Austin Discount Realty
Why Austin Discount Realty is #2: Austin Discount Realty is a local real estate brokerage that has been operating for the past 25 years. They offer a range of packages for all kinds of sellers, from ones looking to sell their house FSBO to sellers looking for full-service discount realtors in Austin. We will here be focusing on their full-service package.
Austin Discount Realty for Home Sellers
- Low Commissions: They charge a seller commission of 1.5%, which is lower than the national average of 3%.
- Additional Services: They provide a yard sign, lock-box, a CMA, photos, a staging consultation which is free of cost, and more.
Austin Discount Realty for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebates: Austin Discount Realty offers 50% of their buyer commissions as rebates to home buyers.
- Expertise: The discount brokerage claims to have expertise in dealing with foreclosed and distressed properties
👉 Our Take: Austin Discount Realty is a good option as they offer services at low commissions for both sellers and buyers.
» How to Sell a House by Owner in Texas: Click here and find all that you need to know about selling a house by yourself in Texas.
- Basic technology
- Plan for buyers as well
- Free staging consultation
- Provides free yard sign, lock-box, a CMA, and staging consultation
- Various options to choose
- Per and post-offer serviceS
- Coordination of inspection
- Coordination of appraisal
- Continuous monitoring of offers
Not enough credible reviews were found for the discount brokerage.
Austin Discount Realty covers only Austin, Georgetown, Lakeway & Cedar Park in the United States.
3. Heights Discount Realty
🚨1% Discount Listing
Height Discount Realty
Why Heights Discount Realty is #3: Height Discount Realty is a full-service real estate company that helps people to sell their houses at a 5% commission, which includes the buyer’s agent fee.
Heights Discount Realty for Home Sellers
- Save on Commission: With a 1% discount, sellers can save money on their property that they would have lost if it was through a traditional agent.
- Agent Management: One agent is assigned from the beginning to the closing. This ensures multiple people are not involved, and the seller gets the utmost attention throughout the process.
Heights Discount Realty for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate of 1% along with services like locating properties, contract negotiation, order inspection, and closing assistance.
👉 Our Take: Although the 1% discount is less compared to other discount real estate brokers in Texas, it is still beneficial for sellers to many. With a 1% buyer rebate and offered agent services, High Discount Realty is a great option for buyers.
» Sellers Disclosures in Texas: A Guide To Ace Your Disclosure Process
- Good local exposure.
- 3D photos are included. (depends on the property.)
- One agent who helps from start to end.
- Exposure on popular websites like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Homes.com.
Heights Discount Realty has an average rating of 5 out of 5 on Google.
Only covers the state of Texas.
Redefy offers its services for a flat rate or commission based on your home sale price.
- Full Service: Redefy charges a flat rate of $3,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the platform gets more expensive. In this case, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
Coverage: Redefy covers Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
👉 Our Take: Redefy works on the multiple agent model. They have a field agent who meets clients and an in-house agent for customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
Redefy is a full service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
- Decent Listing Fee for Low-Value Homes: If your home value is below one million the flat rate option is a good bargain.
- In-House Support: You are provided in-house support with accurate pricing and other features like home staging.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, inclusive of insurance and taxes.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of Redefy.
- No Refund Deposit: You have to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Redefy has limited agents who cater to a large volume of customers which poses a risk to service quality.
Redefy has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 37 reviews on Yelp.
» Redefy Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Redefy on Yelp.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors in . Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers in Georgetown, TX
Discount real estate brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some low-cost brokers offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include a flat fee MLS listing in Georgetown. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors in Austin, TX and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Realtors in Georgetown, TX
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Redefy|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||HomeLight|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Are you a good negotiator? In fact, commissions in Georgetown real estate can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how.
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, the real estate commission in Texas is 5.59%, which is slightly higher than the national average. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible. Once you know your reference point, negotiations can get a lot more reasonable.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of Discount Broker
For example, picking a flat rate discount broker may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee.
» Seller Closing Costs in Texas: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs.
How to choose a Low commission/ Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find discount real estate brokers in Georgetown, TX look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and top companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you can choose the right broker based on your requirements.
Alternatives to Discount/Low Commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a house in Texas is somewhere between 5% to 6%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in selling and marketing their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs which can potentially total up to a staggering 17%!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» iBuyer Reviews: Selling your home for cash in 2022!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
» For Sale by Owner Websites: Best for sale by owner websites in 2022!
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker/Company Over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume, a property costs $600,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. Through a traditional process, the seller closing costs in Texas are anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – that’s too expensive. A home seller can avoid these exorbitant commissions through low commission or flat rate brokers.
|Traditional Agent |
Approaching a discount realty can also be beneficial for you as a buyer. This is because if the seller pays lower commission, this reduces the overall price of the house, making the property that much more inexpensive to buy for you.
» Buyer Closing Costs in Texas: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate on your closing costs.
💡Make A Note: Sellers get discount on seller’s agent commission only, they still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||3-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$449||6-months listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$499||12-months listing + Virtual Full Service that includes everything you require to sell the property.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies That Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a discount real estate broker in Georgetown, TX you would want to know its coverage. All the discount brokers do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
There are a number of low-cost discount real estate brokers in Austin, TX today that provide unique features at a great value. For a seller, it is recommended to look for pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology before selecting a discount realtor in Austin.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are closing costs in Texas?
Some of the common closing costs in Texas are loan origination fees, home appraisal fees, credit reports, home inspection, recording fees, transfer taxes fees, etc. All of these can be understood with the help of a broker. Closing costs differ from state to state, so it is advisable to research thoroughly before making any decision.
Are real estate commissions negotiable in Georgetown?
Yes! Compare commissions and free services with several real estate agents, then negotiate. High home value, a competitive market, and a quick turnaround are negotiating tools.
What percentage do most Realtors charge in Georgetown?
Realtors can charge anywhere between 5%-6% commission in Georgetown. Now, many real estate brokerages offer their services at a discount to help sellers save more money and sell their property at a competitive price.
What is a discount real estate broker?
A discount real estate broker offers their services at a discounted commission or a flat rate. If a traditional agent charges you a commission of 2.5%-3% then, the discount broker will charge you anywhere between 1%-2%, helping you save thousands of dollars.
Related: discount real estate brokers, homelight real estateUncategorized