In Montana, 47% of buyers search for properties online while 18% contacted a real estate agent. Moreover, 80% of buyers found the property descriptions and photos to be very useful online. This shows that more people are using real estate websites to find their dream home.
A good real estate website increases your chances of getting an offer. However, it comes with a hefty 6% agent commission that you have to bear. An FSBO real estate website eliminates the listing agent fee. So, you have to pay only the buyer’s agent commission i.e., 3%.
Houzeo is one of Montana’s best FSBO websites. It offers maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer service, and listing exposure.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching and reviewing the best real estate websites in Treasure State. Here are our rankings:
🏅 Rankings: 7 Best Real Estate Websites
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in Montana
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $379+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+ 0.5 at closing: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+ 1% at closing: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- 100% Online: Houzeo offers a complete online listing experience.
- Max Exposure: Your listing gets syndicated to popular real estate websites like, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and more.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week. This is rare in today’s world.
- No Hidden Fees: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS by owner. And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission.
Houzeo offers the best combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, and listing exposure.
In California, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $399. The Silver package costs $399 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing, and the Gold package is priced at $429 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $499 + 1% (Minimum $995) at closing.
📞 Need Help? Schedule a FREE Consultation
A Houzeo expert can answer all your questions regarding our packages.
Book a FREE Call
Zillow offers the following listing plans for home sellers:
- FSBO Listing on Zillow – $0: You can list your home for free on Zillow’s FSBO platform.
- Zillow Premier Agent – 3% commission: This is the traditional way to sell your home. An agent assists you through the home sale process.
👉 Our Take: Zillow is a comprehensive real estate website that offers a variety of tools and resources for home sellers.
» How Does Zillow Work? Read further to know the process of Zillow.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- No Fees: You can list your home on Zillow’s FSBO website free of charge.
- Free Cancellation: You can cancel your Zillow listing without any additional charges or hidden costs.
- Market Exposure: It is one of the most popular real estate websites, with millions of visitors each month. This means that your listing will be seen by a large number of potential buyers.
- Nationwide Coverage: Zillow FSBO is present in all 50 states in America.
- Easy To Use: Zillow’s website and mobile app are easy to use and navigate. Users can search for properties by location, price, features, and other criteria.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Slow Listings: Your listing can take up to 72 hours from the time you submit your property details.
- Inaccurate Zestimate: Zestimate, Zillow’s property valuation tool is often inaccurate. This misleads both buyers and sellers.
- Limited Support: Zillow’s customer support may not match the level of personalized guidance offered by other FSBO companies.
- L Your listing information gets sold to Zillow’s agents. You’ll get calls not from buyers but from agents.
- Hide FSBO Listings: Zillow hides FSBO listings behind agent listings. FSBO listings are hidden 2 clicks away and get almost no traffic.
Zillow is the most popular real estate website in America. It was founded in the year 2006 and is headquartered in Seattle.
Zillow extracts data from top MLS platforms and helps buyers view the listings directly on the platform. It provides users with an on-demand buying experience with a seamless end-to-end service.
Realtor.com does not charge home buyers or renters any fees for using their platform. However, they do charge real estate agents fees for listing homes on their platform.
The exact fees depend on the agent’s location and other factors, such as home size.
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com seems to be a comprehensive platform for home buyers, sellers, and renters. They offer a range of services such as home listings, neighborhood information, real estate news, and many more.
Here are some advantages of choosing Realtor.com:
- Accurate Listings: Realtor.com claims to have an up-to-date listings of homes for sale and rent.
- Neighborhood Information: Realtor.com provides information about neighborhoods, such as school ratings, crime rates, and local amenities.
- Home Value Estimator: It provides an online tool that estimates the value of your home based on recent sales and other factors.
- Mortgage Calculator: Realtor.com offers a mortgage calculator that helps you estimate your monthly mortgage payments. The estimation is based on the price of the home, down payment, interest rate, and other factors.
- User-Friendly Interface: Their easy-to-use interface makes it simple to search for homes and access other features.
- REALTOR Support: It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR). So, buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor.
Here are some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Offline Process: Realtor.com has manual and offline procedures which can be very complex and time-taking.
- Poor Reviews: Many of their users complained about their customer support and realtor’s services.
- Unwanted Calls: Once you inquired about a property on Realtor.com, you start getting unsolicited calls from their agents.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 1.6 out of 5 stars from 1000+ users on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com was founded in 1995 as the Realtor Information Network (RIN). It was a closed network providing proprietary information to members of the NAR. The site was relaunched in 1996 as a public website displaying property listings.
Realtor.com has a lot of statistical data as it sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems. This information is updated regularly, making realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
4. Century 21
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms. It operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website. This means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Century21 to first-time home seller. Along with listing, you will get access to contract reviews, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Here are some advantages of choosing Century21:
- Global Coverage: Century21 operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
- Market Exposure: It has good brand recognition and over 14,000 independent franchise real estate brokers.
- Professional Real Estate Agents: According to previous customers, Century 21 agent’s are highly highly professional.
- Best for First-Time Home Sellers: You get to access your listing, review your contract, closing process, and a lot more.
Century21 has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- No Discounts: The agent’s fees of Century 21 are usually high. They do not offer any discounts or rebates.
Century 21 has an average rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars from 100+ users on Consumer Affairs.
Century 21 is a global real estate franchise company with over 14,000 offices. Founded in 1971, it has become one of the most recognizable brands in the real estate industry.
It is known for its innovative marketing and technology. However, many customers have reported delayed services and high agent’s fees.
Trulia doesn’t charge users for features like browsing listings, photos, or contacting agents. However, renters do have to pay $29 rental screening fees.
👉 Our Take: Trulia is a good option for buyers and renters but does not offer much for sellers.
» What is Trulia Estimate?: Click here to get an actual value of your property.
Here are some advantages of Trulia:
- Extensive Listings: Trulia covers several property types, allowing users to explore various options.
- Neighborhood Information: Trulia keeps you updated with all the neighborhood information such as, crime rates, schools, amenities, etc. This helps you make informed decisions.
- Agent Connectivity: You can connect with real estate agents directly through the platform. This service may benefit you, if you want to work with an agent.
- Mobile App: They provide convenient access to property listings, saved searches, and notifications.
- Local Coverage: It offers a comprehensive map and filters, which make it easier to look for local information about the property.
- Best Calculators: Trulia has a mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator to serve you better.
Here are some red flags you need to consider before choosing Trulia:
- No MLS Listings: Trulia does not directly provide access to MLS listings. The company primarily relies on listings from agents and other sources.
- Limited FSBO Options: Trulia primarily caters to real estate professionals. The site focuses on listings represented by agents.
- Pricing Information: Trulia does not publicly disclose specific pricing information. For detailed pricing and package options, agents should contact Trulia directly.
- Listings Can be Outdated: Sometimes even if the house is sold, the listing is not updated. This can mislead the buyers.
Zillow owns Trulia. You will find that a lot of information on Trulia is similar to that on Zillow. Trulia differentiates itself by providing information based on user feedback.
The Trulia site offers both agent-listed and FSBO listings. The platform allows you to switch between “For Sale By Agent Listings” and “For Sale By Owner Listings” easily.
RE/MAX does not disclose pricing on its website. This means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
- No corporate fee or interference is involved with RE/MAX referrals. You choose the agents (or they choose you) and set the terms of your agreement.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is known for its reputation and credibility. Company’s quality agents will guide you throughout the entire selling process. They will also keep you updated on its progress.
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Global Reach: RE/MAX has 100,000 agents and a network in nearly 100 countries.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Find Your Niche: RE/MAX Collection® and RE/MAX Commercial® offer specialized tools and advertising programs to luxury and commercial real estate professionals.
Here are some red flags of RE/MAX:
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has so many customer complaints. Previous customers have also said that the process got delayed.
RE/MAX has a poor rating of 1 out of 5 stars from 300+ users on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX, LLC is a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings, one of the world’s largest real estate franchisors. The company operates in over 100 countries and has over 140,000 agents worldwide.
However, the company has received negative reviews from previous customers. To make an informed decision, it’s important to do your research.
Homes.com is free to use for homebuyers and renters. However, real estate agents can pay to advertise their listings on the website.
👉 Our Take: Homes.com is a valuable resource for homebuyers and renters. The website provides extensive property listings and tools for home searches.
Here are some advantages of choosing Homes.com:
- Extensive Listings: Homes.com aggregates listings from a various sources. This gives users access to a wide range of properties.
- Snap and Search Feature: It allows you to take snapshots of the home you like. Later, the app will match the snapshot with similar homes in your area.
- Advanced Search Filters: You can filter your search results based on various options, such as price, location, features, and amenities.
- Saved Searches: You can save your searches and receive email alerts when new listings that meet your criteria are added to the website.
- User-friendly Interface: The website is easy to use and navigate, even for first-time homebuyers.
Here are some red flags of Homes.com:
- Sells Leads: Homes.com sells home buyer and seller contact info to real estate agents, mortgage brokers, and lenders.
- Listing Accuracy: Homes.com aggregates listings from multiple sources, potentially leading to inaccuracies or outdated information.
- Limited Agent’s Information: It does not provide direct contact information of listing agents. Instead, users have to submit a contact form through the website.
Homes.com has a rating of 3.1 out of 5 stars from 100+ users on Trustpilot.
Homes.com was founded in 1999. The company is currently headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. It covers all the 51 states of the U.S.
Homes.com offers over a million listings, which attracts a large number of homebuyers. Its partnerships with local MLS organizations increase the value of its listings.
Types of Real Estate Websites in Montana
Real estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
- Home Selling Websites: These websites provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time. They also help sellers price their homes competitively and attract potential buyers.
- Home Buying Websites: These websites help buyers search for properties online. Perfect home-buying sites must provide efficient tools, adequate resources, and impressive features to work upon.
- Best Rental Websites: Rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.
- Best Property Search Websites: The best house-hunting websites help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, plots, ranches, and commercial properties.
- Best MLS Listing Websites: Best MLS listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. These best real estate listing websites list on other MLS to provide greater exposure to the property.
- Best Real Estate Investor Websites: Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in Montana?
You can choose the best real estate websites in Montana based on these factors:
- Maximum Exposure: Find a website that will give maximum exposure to your property. This could also include MLS listing, social media sharing, and a customizable yard sign.
- Strong Technology: Websites with robust technology can make selling or buying a house faster and more efficient. Look for features like virtual tours, high-quality photos, and user-friendly interfaces.
- Responsive Customer Service: Having good customer service can make your real estate transaction go smoothly. Find a website that offers prompt and helpful customer service.
Why Houzeo is the #1 Real Estate Website in Montana?
Houzeo.com is the #1 real estate website in Montana due to the following reasons:
- Max Exposure: It gives you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- 5-star Customer Service: You get assistance from the list to close with Houzeo Concierge.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to get access to the MLS.
- Real Estate On the Go: The Houzeo Mobile App allows you to list your property, manage showings, compare offers, and even counter an offer.
Real People, Real Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the best real estate websites Montana?
The best real estate websites in Montana are Houzeo, Trulia, Century 21, Realtor, and Zillow.
2. Are there fees for real estate websites in Montana?
Yes, almost all real estate websites charge listing fees from sellers. Some even charge convenience fees to the renter, who want to apply for an apartment. Although there are a few other websites that offer listing services for free.
3. Are real estate websites safe in Montana?
Yes, real estate websites are safe as long as you find the right sites. However, there are scam sites, so make sure to do your research before you venture in.