As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed the best real estate websites in New Jersey and ranked them per their expertise.
New Jersey Real Estate Websites
🏅 Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in New Jersey
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites NJ
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. Houzeo is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers:
- $349 Listing Fee: You will save thousands in listing agent commission by using Houzeo’s inexpensive flat fee MLS packages.
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, but help is available if you need it.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lockboxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs $49, but you can get it for free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
Mobile App: Yes
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
For home sellers, Houzeo makes the entire transaction simple. Key benefits include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 40 million monthly users.
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free but get limited exposure.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a good first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value.
For Home Buyers:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Zillow is great for homebuyers to search for their future homes. We do not recommend Zillow for home sellers because the FSBO listings are free, but once your house gets listed, you will get a lot of unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing!
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.8/5 (284 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the US housing market and is available nationwide.
Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms. Their discount broker services combined with a great user interface make them one of the top real estate companies.
For Home Sellers:
- Sell for 1.5% Listing Agent Commission: In addition to the “Full Service” Redfin package (1.5 percent listing commission), there is a “Concierge” plan with a 2 percent listing commission.
- Time to List: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on the MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24-48 hours.
- Average Customer Reviews: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service due to the high volume of clients.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: In some states, Redfin rebates a portion of its commission to home buyers.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives!
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Can take up to 18 days to list on MLS
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Below-average customer service
- Limited real estate agent selection (according to negative Redfin reviews)
- Redfin serves a lot of clients at the same time, so they may not provide personalized attention to each of them
Redfin has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets, giving it near-nationwide coverage.
4. Liberty Realty
Liberty Realty is one of the best real estate websites in New Jersey. It has been a leading website in Hudson since its establishment in 1995. This website deals in residential and commercial spaces, and assists clients with buying/selling and renting properties across Hudson County.
For Homesellers and Homebuyers:
- Agent Support: Liberty Realty has qualified real estate professionals to guide buyers/sellers. They also assist in financing, marketing, negotiating, and contracts for the property. Agents have a comprehensive knowledge of the Hudson real estate market
- Add-ons: Liberty Realty has tools like rent or buy calculator and a home affordability calculator.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Liberty Realty has agents with Hudson real estate market. However, most of the Real estate professionals of Liberty Realty charge a 6% agent commission on the property’s sales price. For rentals, the brokers charge one month as their broker fee.
🔍 Real Estate Agents in Tennessee Here’s our list of top real estate agents in Tennessee.
- #1 real estate company
- Great customer ratings and reviews
- 300+ highly experienced real estate agents
- Most popular local website for new homes, rentals, and investment properties
- Hefty agent commission
Liberty Realty has coverage across the Hudson County of New Jersey.
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary and aims to be a one-stop shop for buyers and sellers, with the backing of the largest real estate database in the U.S.
For Home Sellers: Trulia does not provide any service for home sellers itself.
For Home Buyers:
- Easy Home Search Option: You can easily find homes for sale or rent on Trulia. You can also check the price trend of a listed property.
- Local Coverage: They offer comprehensive maps and filters, which makes it easier to look for local information about the property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Trulia’s app is powerful and easy to use. Home buyers and tenants do much of their property search using their mobile devices, which makes it our choice for the best mobile app.
» Best Rental Websites: Here’s why Zillow Rental Manager is the #1 rental website in the U.S.
Trulia has an easy-to-use app that is preferred by a lot of customers. This includes the following features:
- Accurate local information
- Mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator
- Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize your app experience
- They provide extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet-safe properties, community events, etc.
- No option to list properties
- Need to maintain an account for saving search criteria
Trulia has a rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Trulia is available nationwide.
» Houzeo Showings: The only digital showing scheduling app designed with home sellers and buyers in mind.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree on scheduling a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit for the same reason; thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Real estate websites also serve as a marketing channel for the professional stakeholders that contribute to the transaction. Realtors, mortgage professionals, banks, and inspectors can advertise on these websites to generate leads.
» Real Estate Companies in New Jersey: Learn More
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
|📣 Maximum Exposure||The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller's phone number.|
|📲 Strong Technology >||Site should allow home sellers access to features that Real Estate Agents in New Jersey do: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for highest & best offers, and manage showings.|
|☎️ Responsive Customer Service >||Site should have 5-star reviews online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.|
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website in New Jersey?
Many real estate websites and top real estate companies have come up in recent years because of the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging into the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale taking the help of a realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you in achieving your concerned goal. In this list of top online real estate companies, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering its many features.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in New Jersey. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best real estate websites in New Jersey.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best!
Types of Real Estate Websites
Real Estate websites can be categorized into 6 main types:
|1.||Best Home Selling Websites||Home selling websites help home sellers list properties online. Best residential real estate websites help to quickly list and sell properties. They provide maximum exposure to the property and make the sale in a short time.|
» Houzeo, Beycome, Zillow, Opendoor
|2.||Best Home Buying Websites||Home-buying websites help buyers search for properties online. Best house-buying websites have detailed information about homes for sale, virtual house tours, and agent connect, and most transactions are carried out paperless and digitally.|
» Redfin, Trulia, Homes.com, RealtyTrac
|3.||Best Rental Website||Rental websites help you find properties for rent. Some rental websites also allow property owners to lease their properties and reach out to potential customers.|
|4.||Best Property Search Websites||House search properties help you search for all types of properties online. This includes homes, rental properties, land plots, ranch, and commercial properties.|
» Realtor.com, Auction, HomeFinder
|5.||Best MLS Listing Websites||Best real estate listing sites help you list your property online for free or for a small listing fee. The best MLS websites list on other MLS (Multiple Listing Sites) to provide greater exposure to the property.|
» Houzeo, Zillow, Beycome
|6.||Best Real Estate Investment Websites||Websites for real estate investing help investors with property resources, price trends, and community forums on an online platform.|
» Apartments.com, RealtyTrac.com, Auction.com, Zillow
The above table gives you a clear picture of which real estate websites are more relevant to your needs and requirement. Whether you are selling a property or renting, you will find those specific websites mentioned above.
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites which have high-technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell a property easily. We have reviewed the best real estate websites in New Jersey for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many real estate agents are there in NJ?
According to New Jersey Association of Realtors® (NJAR®), there are approximately 55,000 agents in NJ. Here is our list of Top real estate agents in New Jersey
Best places to buy a house in NJ?
Following are the best places to live in NJ:
2. Jersey City
5. Toms River
How real estate websites make money?
Below are the ways in which real estate websites make money:
1. Paid listings of brokers, property sleekers, and property owners
2. Builders' and other real estate websites sponsored ads
3. Google Ads and other affiliated advertisements
4. Selling user information to Builders and leads to brokers
Will home prices drop in NJ?
According to Redfin statistics, home prices have increased by 11.1% over a year in May. So, the chances of seeing a drop in the same are really low.
What are closing costs for a cash buyer?
As a homebuyer, you can expect to pay 3%-6% of the home's purchase price on buyer closing costs in New Jersey, but that number can be as low as sub-1% or as high as 4+%, depending on the state.
Which are the best real estate websites in New Jersey?
The best real estate websites in New Jersey are:
4. Liberty Realty
- Real Estate Photographers New Jersey: Find out the top real estate photographers in New Jersey and make your listing pictures stand out. And learn all the tips and tricks of the best real estate photography in New Jersey.
- Flipping Houses in New Jersey: Home flipping is a popular concept among real estate investors. Discover how house flipping works in New Jersey.
- New Jersey Flat Fee: Most advanced Flat Fee MLS listing service in New Jersey.
- Typical Real Estate Commission in New Jersey: The real estate commissions in New Jersey average between 5% – 6%. Read on to know how it works, how it is split, and whether they are negotiable.
- New Jersey Real Estate Market: Will the New Jersey real estate market crash in 2023? Find out!
Recommended For Sellers
- Selling a House in New Jersey: You need to take care of a lot of things when selling a house in New Jersey. Here is the guide to know everything involved in the selling process.
- How to Sell My House Fast New Jersey: The best ways to sell your house fast in New Jersey are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
- New Jersey Real Estate Seller Disclosures: Understanding and dealing with seller disclosures in New Jersey can be intimidating for home sellers. Here’s Houzeo’s guide to help you ace your disclosure requirements.
- Real Estate Wholesaling New Jersey: Wholesale real estate in New Jersey helps people to sell distressed properties to buyers or to investors and earn a profit out of it.
Recommended For Buyers
- How to Buy a House in New Jersey: Learn how to buy a house in New Jersey and prepare yourself for a smooth and successful real estate purchase.
- New Jersey FSBO: In an FSBO transaction, the seller takes control of the process and performs all the responsibilities of a traditional agent.
- Buyer Closing Costs Calculator New Jersey: Use our closing costs calculator to estimate the buyer closing cost in New Jersey.
Related: top real estate websites, nj real estate, best websites for real estate, real estate listing websites, Discount Real Estate Brokers NJ, top real estate firms in new jersey, buying real estate in new jersey, cheap, real estate in new jersey, current real estate market in new jersey, how is the real estate market in new jersey, most expensive real estate in new jersey, real estate website galaxy towers nj, sellers disclosure NJ, real estate in new jersey 2022, best websites to purchase real estate new jersey, real estate broker nj, hometown nj real estate website network, top real estate sites, best home buyer sites, best mls site, realistate websites, liberty realty reviews, house buying websites nj, real estate agent galaxy towers nj, title policy definition, low commission real estate agents near me, best home listings, best site to sell property, zillow nj, house websites
Related: new jersey real estate for sale, top nj real estate agents, new jersey real estate prices, new jersey real estate report, real estate website examples, best real estate in nj, new jersey real estate statistics, new jersey real estate market report, the new jersey real estate commission, real estate websites similar to zillow, top nj real estate brokers, Seller Closing Costs in New Jersey, seller closing costs calculator New Jersey, buyer closing costs calculator New Jersey, real estate website galaxy towers nj, real estate expert galaxy towers nj, best real estate sites, best home buyers companies in new jersey, rental agent galaxy towers nj, houzeo vs fsbo, best realtor site, best realty website, good real estate websites, staging your home, new jersey cash offer, foreclosure meaning, what does title insurance cover in new jersey, preapproval letter for mortgage, property sites, real estate websites new jersey