As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed best real estate websites in Indiana and ranked them as per their expertise.
Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in Indiana
🏅 Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites
Reviews: Indiana Best Real Estate Websites
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. Houzeo is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers:
- $349 Listing Fee: You will save thousands in listing agent commission by using Houzeo’s inexpensive flat fee MLS packages.
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, but help is available if you need it.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lockboxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs $49, but you can get it for free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
Mobile App: Yes
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
For home sellers, Houzeo makes the entire transaction simple. Key benefits include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 40 million monthly users.
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free but get limited exposure.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a good first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value.
For Home Buyers:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Zillow is great for homebuyers to search for their future homes. We do not recommend Zillow for home sellers because the FSBO listings are free, but once your house gets listed, you will get a lot of unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.8/5 (284 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the US housing market and is available nationwide.
3. McCOLLY Real Estate
McCOLLY Real Estate is one of the locally owned Indiana real estate websites. It is a family-owned, largest independent residential real estate company. They are providing services like real estate buying/selling, relocation, financing, and insurance in Indiana since 1999.
For Home Sellers:
- Market Valuation
- Choose an agent from their network
For Home Buyers:
- Relocation and referral services
- Agents with extensive knowledge of the local market
- Get home inspector recommendations
👉 Our Take: McCOLLY Real Estate has a good number of affiliated agents but they do not have good customer reviews on any credible platform like BBB, Yelp, Trustpilot, etc.
» Top Real Estate Websites in the USA: Know which one is best for you!
- A part of McColly Group
- They have a partnership with HSA Home Warranty which helps them to provide you with an affordable home warranty
- Locally owned, globally exposed
- Dedicated team of real estate professionals
- 23 Offices across two states i.e., Indiana and Illinois
- A member of Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®
- Covers 140+ cities and towns across Northwest Indiana and Chicago Southland
- Awarded in 2019-20 for its digitally advanced website in the REAL Trends’ Website Rankings Awards
We could not find enough number of reviews of McCOLLY Real Estate on credible sources. But we are sure that the company is trustworthy as it is locally owned and has good coverage in Indiana.
McCOLLY Real Estate has coverage in the following areas of Indiana:
- La Porte
- Cedar Lake
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
For Home Sellers: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
For Home Buyers: Buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor. Realtor.com provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details for the listed property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com is a user-friendly website for property searches. The listing information is updated regularly with the latest data, making Realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
» Best FSBO Websites: Find out the leading For Sale By Owner website in 2023!
Realtor.com is a preferred website for home buyers and realtors. Their top features include:
- Accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Accurate home value estimation
- Biggest database of REALTOR®s
- Mortgage and refinance calculators
- Trust-worthy realtor community bound by NAR’s Code of Ethics.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2/5 stars (1015 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com is available nationwide. However, a home seller cannot list their property on the website directly; only real estate agents and professionals can do so.
Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms. Their discount broker services combined with a great user interface make them one of the top real estate companies.
For Home Sellers:
- Sell for 1.5% Listing Agent Commission: In addition to the “Full Service” Redfin package (1.5 percent listing commission), there is a “Concierge” plan with a 2 percent listing commission.
- Time to List: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on the MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24-48 hours.
- Average Customer Reviews: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service due to the high volume of clients.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: In some states, Redfin rebates a portion of its commission to home buyers.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives!
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Can take up to 18 days to list on MLS
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Below-average customer service
- Limited real estate agent selection (according to negative Redfin reviews)
- Redfin serves a lot of clients at the same time, so they may not provide personalized attention to each of them
Redfin has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets, giving it near-nationwide coverage.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree on scheduling a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit for the same reason; thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Real estate websites also serve as a marketing channel for the professional stakeholders that contribute to the transaction. Realtors in Indiana, mortgage professionals, banks, and inspectors can advertise on these websites to generate leads.
» More: Indiana Real Estate Companies
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
📣 Maximum Exposure
The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller’s phone number.
📲 Strong Technology
The site should allow home sellers access to features that agents do: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for the highest & best offers, and manage showings.
☎️ Responsive Customer Service
The website should have a 5-star review online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website?
Many real estate websites in Indiana have come up in recent years due to the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging for the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale with the help of a top realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you achieve your goal. In this list of top real estate companies in Indiana, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering the plethora of features it has.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS in Indiana and one of the best For Sale by Owner Websites reviews. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best real estate websites in Indiana.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best!
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites which have high-technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell a property easily. We have reviewed the best Real Estate websites in Indiana for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is realtor com or Zillow more accurate?
Realtor.com is arguably more accurate than Zillow and any other real estate listing platform.
What are the best places to live in Indiana?
Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, Granger, and Westfield are a few best places to live in Indiana.
Why are houses so cheap in Indiana?
Indiana is cheap because of low income tax rates in the state. Currently, the average home price in Indiana according to Zillow is $221,019. Indiana is the 10th cheapest state to live in America.
What does contingent mean in real estate?
The term contingent is related to property listing. A property listed as contingent refers to a situation when the seller has already accepted an offer, but keeps the listing active due to a contingent condition. Contingencies are mostly used to protect the buyer from any unforeseen issues while completing the transaction.
- Best Property Search Websites: We have reviewed and ranked the best property search websites as per their expertise.
- Best Rental Websites: More than one-third of U.S. residents rent their homes. Selecting the right rental websites can be a hard task. We have compiled and reviewed the best rental websites for you. Check them out!
- Best MLS Listing Websites: We have reviewed all of the best MLS listing websites to assist you with all of your real estate transactions. Read our Comprehensive blog.
- Indiana Housing Market: Will the Indiana real estate market crash in 2023? Find out!
- How to Wholesale Real Estate in Indiana: Wholesale real estate in Indiana helps people to sell distressed properties to buyers or to investors and earn a profit out of it.
- Flat Fee Listing Indiana: Most advanced Flat Fee MLS listing service in Indiana.
- Average Real Estate Agent Commission in Indiana: The real estate commissions in Indiana average between 5% – 6%. Read on to know how it works, how it is split, and whether they are negotiable
- Realtor Fees in Indiana: Having a good REALTOR® when selling a house can make the process a cakewalk. Read this blog to find out the best realtor in Indiana.
Recommended For Sellers:
- Real Estate Photographers in Indiana: Find out the top real estate photographers in Indiana and make your listing pictures stand out.
- Real Estate Photography Indiana: Learn all the tips and tricks of the best real estate photography in Indiana.
- Best House Selling Websites: Are you looking forward to selling your home? Not sure, which house-selling website to prefer? Hop on to this blog and have a comparative study.
- Sell My House in Indiana: You need to take care of a lot of things when selling a house in Indiana. Here is the guide to know everything involved in the selling process.
- How Can I Sell My House Faster Indiana: The best ways to sell your house fast in Indiana are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
- Indiana Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement: Understanding and dealing with seller disclosures in Indiana can be intimidating for home sellers. Here’s Houzeo’s guide to help you ace your disclosure requirements.
Recommended For Buyers:
- Best Home Buying Websites: Buying your dream home is a milestone. We’ve listed the best home-buying websites to help you decide!
- Buy a Home in Indiana: Learn how to buy a house in Indiana and prepare yourself for a smooth and successful real estate purchase.
- For Sale By Owner Indiana: In an FSBO transaction, the seller takes control of the process and performs all the responsibilities of a traditional agent.
- Indiana Buyer Closing Cost Calculator: Use our closing costs calculator to estimate the buyer closing cost in Indiana.
- Flip Houses in GA: Home flipping is a popular concept among real estate investors. Discover how house flipping works in Indiana.
Related: redfin, mccolly real estate, indiana real estate websites, top real estate websites in usa, real estate websites indiana, best real estate websites indiana, redfin real estate, indiana real estate commission, zillow indiana, realtor com indiana, land for sale in indiana, homes for sale in indiana, houses for sale in indiana, indiana real estate, mccolly, realtor.com indiana, real estate indiana, real estate in indiana, redfin indiana, real estate websites in usa, central indiana real estate, indiana real estate market, , realtor com, zillow indiana, zillow in indiana, real estate website list, real estate sites like zillow, indiana real estate agent, indiana real estate companies, real estate website in us, real estate website zillow, real estate sites besides zillow, indiana real estate data,
real estate website features, mccolly real estate indiana, best home real estate websites, Real Estate Housing Market, title insurance Indiana, low commission broker, seller closing costs calculator Indiana, luxury home staging, cash offer for my house, foreclosure definition, how long does a preapproval for a mortgage last