As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed best Chicago real estate websites and ranked them as per their expertise.
Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in Chicago
|Exclusive Listings||Dream Town Realty↗️|
|Foreclosed Properties||Realty Trac↗️|
Reviews: Chicago Best Real Estate Websites
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. Houzeo is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers:
- $349 Listing Fee: You will save thousands in listing agent commission by using Houzeo’s inexpensive flat fee MLS packages.
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, but help is available if you need it.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lockboxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs $49, but you can get it for free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
Mobile App: Yes
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
For home sellers, Houzeo makes the entire transaction simple. Key benefits include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 40 million monthly users.
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free but get limited exposure.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a good first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value.
For Home Buyers:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Zillow is great for homebuyers to search for their future homes. We do not recommend Zillow for home sellers because the FSBO listings are free, but once your house gets listed, you will get a lot of unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.8/5 (284 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the US housing market and is available nationwide.
3. Dream Town Realty
Dream Town Realty is one of the best local real estate websites in Chicago, Illinois. It is a brokerage firm, operating since 1998, running with approximately 400 brokers across Chicago.
Dream Town Realty agents provide buying/selling and relocating services mainly in newly constructed and luxury properties.
- Services: Digital & Traditional marketing, Professional photography, 3-D home tours
- Home For Sale: Dream Town Realty provides exciting additional services. These include regular updates of local real estate market trends, neighborhood maps, building directories, photos and videos of neighborhood properties, mortgage services, and more.
» Real Estate brokers in Illinois: Here’s the list for you!
- First local brokerage with an online presence
- 3-D home tours
- Comprehensive expertise and resources
- Exceptional knowledge of Chicago real estate market trends
- Fairly good customer reviews on trustworthy sites
- Add-ons: These include regular updates of local real estate market trends, neighborhood maps, building directories, photos and videos of neighborhood properties, mortgage services, and more.
- One of the local real estate websites with massive followers
- Recognized as exclusive regional representative of Luxury Real Estate
Dream Town Realty has a 4/5 rating on Yelp (146 reviews).
Dream Town Realty has coverage across Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms. Their discount broker services combined with a great user interface make them one of the top real estate companies.
For Home Sellers:
- Sell for 1.5% Listing Agent Commission: In addition to the “Full Service” Redfin package (1.5 percent listing commission), there is a “Concierge” plan with a 2 percent listing commission.
- Time to List: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on the MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24-48 hours.
- Average Customer Reviews: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service due to the high volume of clients.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: In some states, Redfin rebates a portion of its commission to home buyers.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives!
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Can take up to 18 days to list on MLS
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Below-average customer service
- Limited real estate agent selection (according to negative Redfin reviews)
- Redfin serves a lot of clients at the same time, so they may not provide personalized attention to each of them
Redfin has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets, giving it near-nationwide coverage.
RealtyTrac has the largest collection of foreclosed and distressed properties.
For Home Buyers:
- Homes for sale: RealtyTrac provides access to foreclosures, pre-foreclosures, auction properties, bank-owned homes, homes for sale, investors, and real estate professionals. With a subscription-based model, RealtyTrac provides access to listings and the ability to participate in auctions.
Mobile App: No
👉 Our Take: For homebuyers who are looking for a great deal, RealtyTrac is a great place to search for affordable properties.
» Buying Houses for Cash: Read our comprehensive guide
All the homes that are listed have a clean background, and you will not have to be concerned about any liens or older taxes.
- Accurate information about foreclosed properties
- Detailed information about upcoming auctions, loan information, property details, and more
- The best mix of search and sort criteria
RealtyTrac has a rating of 3.5/5 stars (276 reviews) on Consumer Affairs.
RealtyTrac is available nationwide.
» Best House Selling Websites in USA: Read our blog to know more
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree to schedule a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit because thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Real estate sites also serve as a marketing channel for the professional stakeholders that contribute to the transaction. Realtors, mortgage professionals, banks, and inspectors can advertise on these websites to generate leads.
» More: Illinois Real Estate Companies
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
📣 Maximum Exposure
The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller’s phone number.
» How To Sell My House Fast In Chicago? Here’s What You Can Do
📲 Strong Technology
Site should allow home sellers access to features that agents do: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for highest & best offers, and manage showings.
☎️ Responsive Customer Service
Website should have 5 – Star review online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.
How to Choose the Best Chicago Real Estate Website?
Many real estate websites and top real estate companies online have come up in recent years because of the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging into the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale taking the help of a realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you achieve your goal. In this list of top online real estate companies, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering the plethora of features it has.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in Chicago, Illinois. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best Chicago real estate websites.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best!
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
» Best Home Buying Websites in USA: Check out our list!
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites with high technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell a property quickly. We have reviewed the best Real Estate websites in Chicago for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best Real Estate Websites for buyers in Chicago?
Redfin and RealtyTrac are the best real estate websites for home buyers. If you want to go with a local one as a buyer, then you might prefer Dream Town Realty.
What is the best way to find new home listings?
Real estate websites are the best to get update about new home listings in a particular area.
What should a Real Estate Website have?
A real estate website must have following features:
1. Maximum Exposure
2. Advanced Technology
3. Good Customer Service
How is Chicago Real Estate Market?
As per Redfin statistics, the real estate market in Chicago is fairly competitive. The home prices have increased 4.2%, with that the median home price has touched $3,70,000.
Is wholesale Real Estate legal in Illinois?
Though, it is not illegal in Illinois, but certain requirements must be met in order to legally practice wholesale real estate.
- Real Estate Websites: You need the best tools when selling or buying homes. Read our reviews of the best real estate websites in America and find out who’s #1.
- Best House Selling Websites: Are you looking forward to selling your home? Not sure which house-selling website to prefer? Hop on to this blog and have a comparative study.
- Best Property Search Websites: We have reviewed and ranked the best property search websites per their expertise.
- Best Rental Websites: More than one-third of U.S. residents rent their homes. Selecting the right rental websites can take time and effort. We have compiled and reviewed the best rental websites for you. Check them out!
- Best MLS Listing Websites: We have reviewed all of the best MLS listing websites to assist you with all of your real estate transactions. Read our Comprehensive blog.
- Real Estate Housing Market: The housing market refers to properties bought and sold directly to buyers or through real estate brokers.
- Illinois Real Estate Market: Will the Illinois real estate market crash in 2023? Find out!
Related: chicago real estate market, chicago homes for sale, real estate websites in chicago, best real estate websites in chicago, best real estate websites chicago, houses for sale chicago, suburbs of chicago, real estate chicago, illinois real estate, chicago real estate agents, cheap houses for sale in chicago, homes for sale websites, real estate Illinois
Related: chicago real estate companies, realty sites, chicago gold coast real estate, chicago illinois real estate, chicago suburbs homes for sale, home sale website, real estate listing sites, houses for sale sites, chicago illinois zillow, real estate chicago il, top real estate companies Chicago, best chicago real estate blogs, best real estate in Chicago, best home listings, houses for sale websites, online realty companies, realtytrac reviews, selling a house as is in Chicago, How To Sell My House Fast