As per NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed top real estate websites in Wisconsin and ranked them per their expertise.
Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in Wisconsin
|Best Flat Fee Listing Platform||Houzeo↗️|
|Best Mobile App for Buyers||Trulia↗️|
|Real Estate Behemoth||Zillow↗️|
|Most Accurate Database||Realtor↗️|
|Best Discounted Brokerage||Redfin↗️|
Reviews: Best Real Estate Websites in Wisconsin
- Listing Fee: $349
- 4.9/5 (4,113 reviews)
Houzeo, an online real estate tech company, enables For Sale By Owner transactions by providing an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, quick listing, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support.
For Home Sellers:
- Listing on MLS at $349: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Licensed Broker Support Online: Houzeo’s Virtual Full Service Package provides a Licensed broker to help you navigate the selling process.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom “For Sale” yard signs which helps with more exposure for the property on sale. It costs $49 and comes free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online without going through a realtor. Home buyers also have access to Houzeo’s advanced search feature which has a range of filters to choose from.
Mobile App: Do real estate on the move with the Houzeo Mobile App.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any real estate website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- Paperless transactions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
- Comprehensive search in Mobile App
- 4/5 (124 ratings)
Trulia is Zillow’s subsidiary and aims to be a one-stop shop for buyers and sellers, with the backing of the biggest real estate database in the US. Trulia strongly focuses on educating and community engagement with an interactive, free mobile app.
For Home Buyers
- Homes For Sale: Find Homes for sale or rent on Trulia. They provide extensive information about the neighborhood like schools, cafes, pet safe, community events, etc. You can also check the price trend of the listed property.
- Advanced Search: Trulia also offers amazing home buying features, like narrowing down your search based on price range, home style, no. of bedrooms, and many more. Also, with their comprehensive maps and versatile filters, it gets easier to look for local information about the property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Home buyers and renters do much of their searching using their mobile devices. Trulia’s app is powerful and easy to use which makes it our choice for the best mobile app.
» Best Rental Website: Our list of Top Rental Websites in America!
- Accurate local information
- Mortgage, affordability, and refinancing calculator
- Tutorial guides teach you how to maximize app experience
- No option to list properties
- Need to maintain an account for saving search criteria
Trulia has a rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Trulia is available nationwide.
- Free listing on MLS
- 1.7/5 (256 reviews)
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with 40 million monthly users
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free of charge.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is the perfect first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value
For Home Buyers:
- Homes For Sale: With many tools and information for buyers, Zillow is the largest marketplace for buyers, renters, real estate agents, and much more. Use filters to target a specific area and use pricing and saving filters.
Mobile App Availability: Yes
👉 Our Take: As the most experienced real estate website, Zillow provides its users with an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting, or financing with a seamless end-to-end service. However, once your property gets listed, expect unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing 🚩
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.7/5 rating (256 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the USA housing market and is available nationwide.
- Listing directly is not allowed
- 2.5/5 (1,010 reviews)
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings and is regarded as the best house-searching website. It is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Home Sellers: Realtor offers a range of options for selling through an agent.
Home Buyer: Buyers can buy or rent a property through Realtor. Realtor.com provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details for the listed property
Mobile App Availability: Yes
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com sources listings from 800 regional MLS systems and this information is updated regularly, making realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
» America’s Best FSBO Websites: Find out the leading For Sale By Owner website in 2022
- Accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Accurate home value estimation
- Biggest database of REALTOR®s
- Mortgage and refinance calculators
- Trust-worthy realtor community bound by NAR’s Code of Ethics.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.5/5 stars (1010 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com is available nationwide. However, a home seller cannot list their property on the website directly, only real estate agents and professionals
- Discounted brokerage
- 3.6/5 (111 ratings)
Redfin is one of the best discount real estate brokers and home-buying tools that are available in the market.
For Home Sellers:
- Selling Property: Redfin offers a range of services for home sellers with add-on services like a professional photographer, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more. They have a robust platform that is ideal for a full-service brokerage which has a fantastic user interface for sellers to make their job easier.
For Home Buyers:
- Houses for sale: Utilize Redfin Saved Searches to set filters to get homes that fit your required criteria and schedule an immediate house tour.
- Redfin Agent: Redfin Agents help you throughout the entire buying process from negotiations, logistics, and scheduling.
Mobile App Availability: Yes
👉 Our Take: The technology-first approach makes the entire process transparent, but the paperwork, follow-up, showing management, etc. still stays offline. Unlike Houzeo, which has digitized the paperwork and made home selling a seamless journey, Redfin’s mobile app only allows browsing homes, listing, and contacting agents.
» Redfin Reviews: Is Redfin REALLY 1% Commission?
- Discounted commission rates
- Realtor-like tailored services at discounted rates. Redfin offsets its low prices by reducing operating costs with a salaried team and upselling current customers on add-on services and premium support.
- Intuitive, user-friendly technology
- Safer than other discount brokers
- No free listings
- Unpredictable agent quality
- Offline, manual process
- Costly Partner Agents
Redfin has an aggregate rating of 3.9/5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin is available in 90+ markets giving it near-nationwide coverage.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree to schedule a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit because thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
📣 Maximum Exposure
The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller’s phone number.
📲 Strong Technology
The site should allow home sellers access to agents’ features: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for the highest & best offers, and manage showings.
☎️ Responsive Customer Service
The website should have 5 – Star review online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.
Which Real Estate Website to Choose in Wisconsin?
Many real estate websites in Wisconsin have come up in recent years due to the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream home comfortably through web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging for the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale with the help of a top realtor, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you achieve your goal. In this list of online top real estate companies in Wisconsin, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers, considering its many features.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in Wisconsin. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best real estate websites in Wisconsin.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites with high technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell a property quickly. We have reviewed the best real estate websites in Wisconsin for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Resources for Selling Your Home in Wisconsin
Flat Fee MLS companies in Wisconsin are quite popular among home sellers for their money-saving benefits and much more.
Wondering how to sell a house in Wisconsin by owner? Here is a step-by-step guide to ease the process of selling and to get maximum profits!
Top companies that buy houses for cash in Wisconsin with instant offers and quick closing. Refer to this blog and find out who is the best?
The best ways to sell your house fast in Wisconsin are listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Real Estate Websites Accurate?
Yes. Some websites provide extreme accuracy, while others still figure out this part. Regarding Houzeo, we strive to provide factual information, a seamless interface, and uninterrupted customer service.
2. Where Do Real Estate Websites Get Data From?
While some websites enter data manually, other websites are also populated by traditional realtors by uploading the necessary documents and photos of the house. In the case of Multiple Listing Service providers, their algorithm collects their database from the users who trust them.
3. Do These Real Estate Websites Charge?
Buyers or renters can scroll through and explore options for absolutely no cost. However, suppose you want to avail yourself of opportunities like saving the property for later, getting push notifications, or being intimated when a property lowers its price. In that case, the website may ask for your details, such as name, contact details, and email address. You’re opening yourself to dozens of sales calls by agreeing to fill in these details.
4. How To Choose The Right Real Estate Website?
After reviewing hundreds of real estate websites, we’ve compiled these 12 best websites that are user-friendly and can get you effective results. Some key points to keep in mind while choosing a real estate website would be – your purpose, the services you expect, the pros and cons of listing or buying through them, customer reviews, and of course, the money.
5. What are the most popular real estate websites?
Zillow is the leading real estate and rental website. However, suppose you are looking for a website that has superb technology and gives you complete control of your listing. In that case, MLS listings are syndicated on Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and hundreds of other websites with flexible and affordable plans. You can choose Houzeo.
6. What is the difference between Zillow and Trulia?
Each website is a real estate database that provides for-sale and rental listings to the general public and connects people with real estate agents. They have several similar characteristics. They are now a part of the same corporation as well: Trulia was acquired by the Zillow Group in February 2015 for $3.5 billion in cash.
Related: best real estate websites in Wisconsin, best real estate agents in Wisconsin, best real estate markets in Wisconsin, best real estate sites in Wisconsin, best real estate agents in Wisconsin, best real estate company in Wisconsin, best real estate in Wisconsin, best real estate agent in Wisconsin, real estate companies in Wisconsin, real estate agents in Wisconsin, real estate brokers in Wisconsin, realtors in Wisconsin, seller closing costs calculator Wisconsin, buyer closing costs calculator Wisconsin