As per the NAR Report, 93% of people visit websites when searching for homes. 51% of buyers first spotted their home online. Thus, real estate websites are key in finding your next house. We have reviewed the best real estate websites in Massachusetts and ranked them according to their expertise.
Rankings: Best Real Estate Websites in Massachusetts
|REAL ESTATE SUPER APP||Houzeo↗️|
|HIGH DATA ACCURACY||Realtor↗️|
|LOCAL COVERAGE||Boston Z Realty↗️|
Reviews: Best Massachusetts Real Estate Websites
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. Houzeo is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers:
- $349 Listing Fee: You will save thousands in listing agent commission by using Houzeo’s inexpensive flat fee MLS packages.
- Licensed Broker Support: Houzeo allows you to sell your house by owner, but help is available if you need it.
- Add Ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lockboxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs $49, but you can get it for free with a selfie!
For Home Buyers:
- Get Thousands Back in Buyer Rebates: In all but 10 states, brokers on Houzeo offer thousands in rebates back to home buyers.
- Homes For Sale: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer online.
- Advanced Search: Home buyers can also access Houzeo’s advanced search feature. Using filters, you can narrow down to the exact home you’re searching for.
Mobile App: Yes
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo has an “Excellent” rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 stars on Google & Trustpilot
For home sellers, Houzeo makes the entire transaction simple. Key benefits include:
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge), best for selling your home fast
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Houzeo Mobile App
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace, with more than 40 million monthly users.
For Home Sellers:
- Free Listing: FSBO listings on Zillow are free but get limited exposure.
- Zestimate: Zillow’s home value estimate is a good first step for pricing your home. It incorporates data from the MLS, market trends, location, etc. to give you an accurate value.
For Home Buyers:
- Biggest Database: Zillow has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Zillow is great for homebuyers to search for their future homes. We do not recommend Zillow for home sellers because the FSBO listings are free, but once your house gets listed, you will get a lot of unsolicited calls from agents.
» Zillow Reviews: The TRUTH about Zillow’s Free Listing
- Largest real estate website in the US
- Free listing on Zillow.com
- All new listings on Zillow, changes to existing Zillow listings, etc. are updated in real-time
- If you are interested in listing on MLS, you will need a Zillow Premier Agent and pay high listing fees $$$
- Zillow hides FSBO seller listings by default. This causes potential buyers to “contact an agent” that routes them to Zillow Premier Agent instead of getting in touch with the seller directly.
- Unwanted solicitation calls from listing agents
- Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
Zillow has a poor rating of 1.8/5 (284 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Zillow covers 90% of the US housing market and is available nationwide.
Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms. Their discount broker services combined with a great user interface make them one of the top real estate companies.
For Home Sellers:
- Sell for 1.5% Listing Agent Commission: In addition to the “Full Service” Redfin package (1.5 percent listing commission), there is a “Concierge” plan with a 2 percent listing commission.
- Time to List: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on the MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24-48 hours.
- Average Customer Reviews: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service due to the high volume of clients.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: In some states, Redfin rebates a portion of its commission to home buyers.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives!
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Can take up to 18 days to list on MLS
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Below-average customer service
- Limited real estate agent selection (according to negative Redfin reviews)
- Redfin serves a lot of clients at the same time, so they may not provide personalized attention to each of them
Redfin has an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets, giving it near-nationwide coverage.
Realtor.com is America’s most comprehensive source of property listings. It is regarded as the best house-searching website and is the official listing website of the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
For Home Sellers: Realtor.com provides a variety of options for selling through an agent.
For Home Buyers: Buyers can buy or rent a property through a Realtor. Realtor.com provides information about the property as well as neighborhood details for the listed property.
Mobile App: Yes
👉 Our Take: Realtor.com is a user-friendly website for property searches. The listing information is updated regularly with the latest data, making Realtor.com the most accurate real estate database.
» Best FSBO Websites: Find out the leading For Sale By Owner website in 2023!
Realtor.com is a preferred website for home buyers and realtors. Their top features include:
- Accurate local information from 800 regional MLS, local broker associations, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Accurate home value estimation
- Biggest database of REALTOR®s
- Mortgage and refinance calculators
- Trust-worthy realtor community bound by NAR’s Code of Ethics.
Realtor.com has a poor rating of 2.2/5 stars (1015 reviews) on Trustpilot.
Realtor.com is available nationwide. However, a home seller cannot list their property on the website directly; only real estate agents and professionals can do so.
5. Boston Z Realty
Boston Z Realty, owned by Dillon Currier is one of the best local Massachusetts real estate websites based in the heart of Boston. Founded in 2011, the website provides home buying/selling, marketing, and renting services to clients.
For Home Sellers: Boston Z Realty offers free full market analysis to sellers to help them with property evaluation. But they does not provide MLS listing services or property listings on their website for home sellers.
For Home Buyers: Boston Z Realty have fully licensed agents with specialized negotiation skills to assist home buyers.
Mobile App: No
👉 Our Take: Boston Z Realty’s seller agents and buyer agents are specialists in real estate marketing to provide home buyers and sellers with the best offers. However, home options for buyers are limited due to the website’s coverage being limited to Boston.
» Real Estate Websites: Top Real Estate Websites in America!
- Partnerships with local charities in Boston, MA
- Active participation and contribution to the local community
- Agents with thorough knowledge of the Massachusetts real estate market
- Provides house offer negotiation with trained agents
- Don’t have a mobile app
Boston Z Realty has a 4.5/5 rating on Yelp (24 reviews).
Boston Z Realty has coverage across Boston, Massachusetts.
What is a Real Estate Website?
Real estate websites bring buyers and sellers together on one platform. They provide convenience in finding the next home for the buyer while giving exposure to the seller.
Buyers can view thousands of property images, videos, and features before they agree on scheduling a live tour. Sellers who post their homes on these sites benefit for the same reason; thousands of prospective buyers can view their homes online without a walk-through.
Real estate sites also serve as a marketing channel for the professional stakeholders that contribute to the transaction. Realtors, mortgage professionals, banks, and inspectors can advertise on these home-buying websites to generate leads.
» Best Home Buying Websites in USA: Check out our list!
Most Important Features of a Real Estate Website
The 3 most important features of the best real estate websites are Maximum Exposure, Strong Technology, and Responsive Customer Service.
📣 Maximum Exposure
The site should provide an MLS listing option, social media sharing features, and a yard sign customizable with the seller’s phone number.
📲 Strong Technology
The site should allow home sellers access to features that agents do: advertise open houses, add virtual tours, negotiate offers by allowing a seller to counter an offer or ask for the highest & best offers, and manage showings.
☎️ Responsive Customer Service
The website should have 5-star reviews online for being responsive to home seller concerns and issues.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Website?
Many real estate websites and top real estate companies in Massachusetts have come up in recent years because of the boom in the real estate industry. Buyers can search for their dream homes comfortably through the web and mobile apps. On the other hand, sellers can list homes and negotiate offers with a single click on real estate websites like Houzeo.
Selecting a real estate website that suits your need requires thorough digging into the features provided.
Whether you want to list your home for sale taking the help of the best realtor in Massachusetts, sell your home without a realtor, or rent an apartment, these real estate websites help you in achieving your concerned goal. In this list of top online real estate listing companies, Houzeo stands out as the best housing platform for sellers and buyers considering its many features.
Houzeo is also one of the best Flat Fee MLS Massachusetts and For Sale by Owner (FSBO) platforms in the state. With the ease of use spanning across the web and mobile apps, Houzeo makes a mark as one of the best real estate websites in MA.
» Redfin vs Zillow vs Houzeo: Choose from the Best!
Also, check out the following Houzeo reviews and decipher why Houzeo is the best real estate platform out there:
Real People, Real Stories
With the advancement in technology, we find many real estate websites with high-technology features that make it easier to search, list, buy or sell your property quickly. We have reviewed the best real estate websites in Massachusetts for your reference and thus help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is the real estate market in Massachusetts?
The housing price in Massachusetts gone up by 8.5% over an year, with that, the median home sale prices hiked up to $612,800.
2. Is it a good time to buy a house in Massachusetts right now?
June and December are the best months to buy a house in Massachusetts. It is because in June, 7.9% more homes are available to choose from, and in December, the interest rate for 30-years mortgage is just 2.87%.
3. What will the housing market in Massachusetts look like in 2025?
As per the predictions, the home sales and will be lower and the demand of listing agent will be high.
- Best Property Search Websites: We have reviewed and ranked the best property search websites as per their expertise.
- Best Rental Websites: More than one-third of U.S. residents rent their homes. Selecting the right rental websites can be a hard task. We have compiled and reviewed the best rental websites for you. Check them out!
- Best MLS Listing Websites: We have reviewed all of the best MLS listing websites to assist you with all of your real estate transactions. Read our Comprehensive blog.
- Housing Market Massachusetts: Will the Massachusetts real estate market crash in 2023? Find out!
- Wholesaling Real Estate in Massachusetts: Wholesale real estate in Massachusetts helps people to sell distressed properties to buyers or to investors and earn a profit out of it.
- Massachusetts Real Estate Photography: Learn all the tips and tricks of the best real estate photography in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Real Estate Photographers: Find out the top real estate photographers in Massachusetts and make your listing pictures stand out.
- Flat Fee Listing Service Massachusetts: Most advanced Flat Fee MLS listing service in Massachusetts.
- Massachusetts Real Estate Commission: The real estate commissions in Massachusetts average between 5% – 6%. Read on to know how it works, how it is split, and whether they are negotiable
Recommended For Sellers
- Best House Selling Websites: Are you looking forward to selling your home? Not sure, which house-selling website to prefer? Hop on to this blog and have a comparative study.
- Selling Your Home in Massachusetts: You need to take care of a lot of things when selling a house in Massachusetts. Here is the guide to know everything involved in the selling process.
- Sell My Massachusetts House Fast: The best ways to sell your house fast in Massachusetts are by listing on the MLS or selling to cash home buyers. Find out what works best for you!
- Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement Massachusetts: Understanding and dealing with seller disclosures in Massachusetts can be intimidating for home sellers. Here’s Houzeo’s guide to help you ace your disclosure requirements.
Recommended For Buyers
- Best Home Buying Websites: Buying your dream home is a milestone. We’ve listed the best house buying websites to help you decide!
- How to Buy a House in Massachusetts: Learn how to buy a house in Massachusetts and prepare yourself for a smooth and successful real estate purchase.
- For Sale By Owner Massachusetts: In an FSBO transaction, the seller takes control of the process and performs all the responsibilities of a traditional agent.
- Massachusetts Buyer Closing Cost Estimator: Use our closing costs calculator to estimate the buyer closing cost in Massachusetts.
- How to Flip Houses in Massachusetts: Home flipping is a popular concept among real estate investors. Discover how house flipping works in Massachusetts.
Related: Massachusetts real estate market, Massachusetts zillow, real estate websites Massachusetts, boston z realty, Zillow Massachusetts, Realtor.com Massachusetts, realtor.com Massachusetts, redfin Massachusetts, real estate investment Massachusetts, real estate market Massachusetts, zillow Massachusetts for sale, zillow Massachusetts homes, realtor websites, realty websites, Zillow Massachusetts houses for sale, real estate in ma, real estate in western Massachusetts, ma real estate market, ma real estate listing, Massachusetts real estate statistics, real estate Massachusetts south shore, house search sites, realestate sites, buy real estate Massachusetts, top real estate search sites, best housing websites, best realty website, best real estate sites
best home listings, house websites, best time to buy a house in Massachusetts, Massachusetts housing market, 10 best real estate website Massachusetts, best real estate websites somerville Massachusetts, Massachusetts real estate group website, best mls listing site, best home search, houzeo vs fsbo, most accurate mls listings, title insurance Massachusetts, realtors with low commission, Massachusetts seller closing cost calculator, home staging near me, Massachusetts cash offer, foreclosure meaning, preapproval for a mortgage, best mls websites, boston.com real estate, most accurate real estate site, best site to sell property, real estate websites best, realtor.com ct, best websites to buy houses, best property search sites, home buyer websites