From Brighton to Willmington, there are over 1,822 realtors in Vermont. With so many realtors, there are bound to be thousands of real estate companies.
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching Vermont’s best real estate companies. Our ratings are specific to what you’re trying to accomplish.
Top Real Estate Companies In Vermont for:
- Selling Your Home: Sellers need maximum exposure for their listing, max commission savings, a 100% online experience, and 5-star customer support.
- Buying a Home: Buyers need a great agent to negotiate for them, maximum buyer rebate, and stellar customer support.
- Agents to Work in: Agents want the best commission splits, to earn equity in the company, a strong training program, and stellar tech and support.
Top 7 Real Estate Companies in Vermont
Let’s look at the top companies in Vermont for real estate in 2023.
3 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Sellers
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers: Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages for home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $99: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $379: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
- Add-ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lock boxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs only $49, but you can get it for free if you send us a selfie!
Mobile App: List your property, manage showings, and review & compare offers at your fingertips with Houzeo’s App!
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com.
Houzeo is Florida’s #1 real estate company because of 8 reasons:
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites.
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints.
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees.
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is Vermont’s #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Vermont FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
» List My Home on MLS in Vermont: Want to list your VT house on the MLS? Get top dollar for your property by listing with Houzeo.
#1 Nationwide Brokerage
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. It offers services in 100+ real estate markets across the country in 49 states.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additional services include professional cleaning and home staging.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
Mobile App: Yes
👉Our Take: When you opt for Redfin, you can save a considerable amount on the commission fees. Although Redfin tries to provide its service 3x faster than the traditional method, it limits its ability to provide personalized service.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros & Alternatives
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands of dollars compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
- Easy Deal Closings: Redfin agents help with negotiations and guide you throughout your home-selling process. It will make your closing easy and faster.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you services apart from Redfin’s defined services.
Redfin has a rating of 3.5 out of 5.0 on Consumer Affairs.
Redfin is one of the biggest discount brokers in America. They claim to sell your home for top dollar with a low listing commission of 1%.
According to customer reviews of Redfin, the experience of selling with them completely depends on the agent you get assigned.
3. Century 21
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms. It operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
Pricing is not disclosed on the website, this means you might end up paying the traditional 3% to 6% commission.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Century21 to first-time home seller. Along with listing, you will get access to contract reviews, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Here are some advantages of choosing Century21:
- Global Coverage: Century 21 operates in every U.S. State and 82 other countries.
- Market Exposure: It has good brand recognition and over 14,000 independent franchise real estate brokers working with over 122,000 real estate agents.
- Professional Real Estate Agents: According to previous customers, Century 21 has knowledgeable and highly professional agents.
- Best for First-Time Home Sellers: Home sellers get access to contract reviews, handle their own listing, offer management, closing, and a lot more.
Century 21 has some drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- No Discounts: The agent’s fees for Century 21 are usually high. They do not offer any discounts.
- Delayed Services: Previous customers have complained that the agents were not helpful and that it delayed the process.
Century 21 has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs
Century 21 is one of the world’s largest real estate brokerage firms, with over 14000 independent franchises. It is a popular real estate company in Vermont.
It provides huge market exposure as it operates in all 51 states of the US. However, many customers have reported delayed services and no discounts or rebates.
2 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Buyers
1. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
💫 Luxury Listings
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is a real estate brokerage franchise in the US. Headquartered in Minneapolis with over 44,000 real estate agents and 900 offices, BHHS makes over $136 billion annually in residential real estate transactions.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you can register with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices for free of cost.
👉 Our Take: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices provides its services to all kinds of home buyers whether you are a first-time home buyer or a luxury home buyer.
» Selling a House: Things you need to know!
Key highlights of BHHS include:
- Search Tool: BHHS provides you with a search tool so you can browse through a variety of homes available in the market.
- Assistance in Paperwork: The agents handle all paperwork for you in relation to buying a house.
- Market Knowledge: BHHS agents provide practical knowledge and guidance based on years of local market expertise. With in-depth property and community information, they help you finalize your dream home.
- Mortgage Calculator: They provide a mortgage calculator by which you can figure out the monthly payments of a home mortgage loan, based on your desired home’s sale price.
- Start to Close Assistance: BHHS agents are experienced in handling all phases of the purchase process, including home inspections.
Few red flags we found about Berkshire Hathaway include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Since BHHS franchises are independently owned and operated, agent experience differs from one location to another.
- Poor Reviews: Customers have complained about delayed transactions and a lack of communication from the agent’s end.
Berkshire Hathaway has a rating of 2.2 out of 5 on Best Company.
Berkshire Hathaway is known for assisting home buyers in high-end luxury properties. Their expert agents can help you find your desired home as per your requirements.
We recommend this company if you are interested in dealing with luxury properties.
2. Coldwell Banker Realty
MOST SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in America. Owned by Anywhere Real Estate Inc., this full-service brokerage has over 3,000 offices in 49 countries and territories.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you pay nothing to avail services of Coldwell Banker.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are professional and committed to providing quality service to their customers.
Key features of Coldwell Banker:
- Experts in Negotiations: Coldwell Banker’s agents are skilled and have considerable experience in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Assistance in finding a lender: They help you find a local lender to get you pre-qualified for your desired home by determining whether you can afford to purchase the home.
- Home Searching: With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure you have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
- Strong Agent Network: Owing to strong connections with other real estate agents, your agent can find you multiple potential property options.
Red flags of Coldwell Banker include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Several clients of Coldwell Banker have complained of a lack of trust in the agents they had dealt with.
- Lapses in Transactions: Customer complaints include delays in transactions, laid-back attitude, misrepresentations, and the unresponsiveness of agents.
Coldwell Banker is rated 3.0 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in the country.
With expertise, knowledge, and experience in the real estate market, they strive to get the best home for their clients. However, you must take into account the customer reviews prior to engaging them.
3 Best Real Estate Companies To Work For in Vermont
A real estate company employs licensed agents to represent local buyers and sellers. As a real estate agent, you must consider the following factors in a real estate company – commissions, training, agent equity, revenue share, profit share, and technical support.
|Real Estate Company||Commission Split||Profit Share||Revenue Share||Agent Equity||Tech Support||Training Program|
|1. eXp Realty||80/20||❌||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|2. Keller Williams Realty||64/36||✅||❌||❌||✅||✅|
1. eXp Realty
eXp Realty, a cloud-based platform is a booming real estate brokerage that has garnered a reputation for being a great workplace. eXp Realty has a 4.3 rating out of 5 on Indeed.
- Commission Split: The agents keep 80% of the commission and 20% goes to eXp. After the agents hit the $16,000 cap in their anniversary year, they retain 100% of the commission.
- Revenue Share: eXp Realty’s Revenue Share Program lets agents earn a percentage from the revenue of the agents they’ve sponsored.
- Agent Equity: eXp agents are rewarded with shares of EXPI stock upon accomplishing specific goals.
- Training Program: eXp Realty runs the 2-week Fast Start training program for its new agents. This holistic curriculum has been rated a 4.8 out of 5 by agents who have completed the program.
- Technical Support: eXp Solutions offers agents cutting-edge tools to make the real estate transaction seamless.
▶️ The Rise of eXp Realty: Check out how eXp Realty is beating Compass and Keller Williams
2. Keller Williams Realty
Keller Williams Realty is one of the largest residential real estate firms in the US. It has opportunities for both new and experienced real estate agents. Keller Williams Realty has a 4.3 out of 5 rating on Indeed.
- Commission Split: From the commission, 64% goes to the agent, 30% goes to KW Market Center and 6% is to be paid by the agent as a franchise fee ($3,000 is the cap). Once an agent hits the cap, the commission goes entirely to the agent.
- Profit Share: KW’s Profit-Sharing Program lets agents earn a portion of the profit from the agent they’ve referred.
- Training Program: KW provides a training program that teaches agents the core principles of running a successful real estate business.
- Technical Support: KW Command is a CRM software that equips agents with the necessary tools to handle real estate transactions from start to close.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Company in Vermont?
For Home Sellers
Approximately 86% of homeowners opt for a real estate agent or broker when selling property in Vermont. This shows how critical it is to choose the most qualified agent for real estate transactions. When choosing a Vermont real estate company, you must consider the following factors:
- Technology: Top companies provide dynamic tech support to their agents to market your property better. Opt for companies that offer quick digital transactions, paperless processes, offer showings, and more.
- Marketing Strategy: A marketing strategy can make or break your transaction. Good marketing strategy includes the use of yard signs, MLS listing, flyers, home staging, photography, open houses, and social media.
- Online Reviews: It’s important to read reviews of agents associated with that company. You can find reviews from credible review platforms like Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Zillow reviews.
- Recommendations: Ask around if anyone knows of a real estate company that has sold their home successfully. In addition, you can also go through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» Top Real Estate Agents: Here’s a list of top real estate agents in America!
For Home Buyers
86% of buyers purchased their homes through a real estate agent or broker. If you are a buyer looking through Vermont real estate companies, keep the following things in mind:
- Rebate: A buyer’s rebate is when an agent gives you a percentage of their commission after the home sale. Agents do this to secure business with you. Some companies have fixed percentages on the rebate amount. Look for companies or brokerages which offer you buyers rebates.
- Resources: Many companies have tools like mortgage calculators, affordability calculators, closing cost calculators, email alerts, and virtual showings which help you in your home-buying journey.
- Agent Reviews: It’s necessary to read online reviews before you choose your agent. Try to get recommendations from family or friends if possible.
For Real Estate Agents
A real estate agent must consider the following points while browsing real estate companies in Vermont:
- Commission Model: Real estate agents and realtors work on commissions. When you sell a house, you split the profits with your broker. A broker charges varied commissions. Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.
- Commission Breakdown: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home where the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. A 60/40 commission splits mean you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
- Training Modules: Most real estate companies provide training courses to their agents. Franchise companies like RE/MAX, Keller Williams, etc. offer programs to train agents in negotiation, marketing, body language, sales pitch, and lead generation.
- Tech Support: Top real estate companies equip their agents with the latest technology to keep them on par with the competition. Most companies have automated systems to help agents keep track of clients, leads, and emails.
- Marketing & Advertising: Real estate companies also provide agents with high-quality digital and print materials, custom graphics and ads, professional photography, and database management systems to ensure exposure to the customer’s property.
Before you choose a real estate company in Vermont, we suggest you conduct thorough research on the company. We are certain our blog will help you make a sound decision in finalizing the best real estate company, as per your criteria.
The basic requirement for a good real estate company is experienced & dedicated agents, maximum savings, tech savviness, and quick transactions. With Houzeo, you get all these factors on one single platform.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best real estate company in Vermont?
Houzeo is the best real estate company in Vermont. It offers sellers an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, 100% online experience, and listing exposure.
2. What are the best real estate companies for buyers in Vermont?
The best real estate companies for home buyers in Vermont are Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Coldwell Banker Realty. They offer home buyers various services and tools such as virtual showings, mortgage calculators, and more.
3. Which is the best real estate company to work for in Vermont?
The best real estate company to work for is eXp Realty. They offer satisfactory commission splits, revenue share, agent equity, a robust training program, and tech support.
- Selling a House As Is in Vermont: Read our blog to know more about selling your house as-is in Vermont.
- How to Sell My House Fast Vermont: Check out the best options to sell your Vermont home fast.
- Best Time to Sell a House in Vermont: Find out the best time to sell your Vermont house.
- How to Buy a House in Vermont with Bad Credit: Here’s our guide on how to get a house with bad credit.
- Best Real Estate Websites: Check out the top 12 real estate websites in America.
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeoVermont