From Denver to Colorado Springs, home sellers across Colorado dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in Colorado.
Our list of the best discount realtors in Colorado will assist you in identifying the best one for your next real estate transaction.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Colorado
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Max Savings||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Broad Coverage||Mobile App|
|2.||Fixed Rate Real Estate||$5000 |
|3.||HQ Homes||1% |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Colorado
#1 Flat Fee MLS Service
Houzeo offers 4 Flat Fee MLS packages.
- Bronze Package – $329+: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos.
- Silver Package – $399+: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
Houzeo is America’s #1 Flat Fee MLS service because of 4 reasons:
- Max Exposure: Houzeo MLS packages give you access to the MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and 100s of other websites.
- 5-star Customer Service: Houzeo has a fully staffed customer service desk available 6 days a week. Chats and emails are open 7 days a week.
- 100% Online: Houzeo is high-tech. For you, this means easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers. Houzeo Mobile App is also very powerful.
- No Listing Commission: In most states, you’ll be paying just a small flat fee to list on MLS. Houzeo covers 47 states + DC! And remember, all fees are disclosed upfront, so there are no Houzeo hidden fees. You get to bypass the listing agent commission!
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is rated “Excellent” with a 4.9 out of 5-star rating by 4,523 home sellers on Google Reviews and Trustpilot!
Houzeo is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars by thousands of home sellers on Google & Trustpilot.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out how Team Houzeo has addressed all Houzeo complaints from home sellers.
Houzeo.com is Colorado’s #1 ranked Flat Fee MLS service. Houzeo provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
In Colorado, Houzeo’s Bronze package is priced at $329 + 0.5% at closing (Minimum $999). The Silver package is priced at $399 + 0.5% at closing (Minimum $999), and the Gold package costs $379 + 0.5% (Minimum $999) at closing. The full-service Platinum package costs $349 + 1% (Minimum $999) at closing.
2. Fixed Rate Real Estate
GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
Fixed Rate Real Estate
Fixed Rate Real Estate is a flat fee realty that offers stellar services and results to its clients.
For Home Sellers:
- Full-Service Package – $5,000 Flat Fee: This package has no upfront fees and includes services like comparative market analysis, pricing and offer recommendations, property listing and marketing, showing coordination, and potential buyers’ feedback report.
For Home Buyers:
- Flat Fee Buyer’s Agent: Home buyers get full-service agent representation to deal with all the aspects of purchasing a home. However, the package pricing details are not available.
👉 Our Take: Fixed Rate Real Estate can be a good option for home sellers. However, home buyers need to clarify the discount offered on services before hiring an agent.
Fixed Rate Real Estate offers several advantages to both home sellers and buyers.
For Home Sellers:
- Experienced Agents: Sellers get expert guidance at every step of the process by experienced brokers. The broker/owner Daniel Gurzhiev’s 9 years of experience give him the expertise to provide great services at a flat rate.
- Quick Cash Offer: Home sellers looking for a quick sale can opt for the cash offer from Buyout Realty, the sister company. They can sell your house as-is quickly and give you cash in return.
- Marketing Strategies: Fixed Rate Real Estate offers fresh marketing ideas to increase the visibility of your property. Your MLS listing is advertised on social media platforms to get buyer attention.
- Market Exposure: Your property is listed on the local MLS as well as popular sites like Realtor.com and Zillow. This way it gets a lot of exposure to potential home buyers.
For Home Buyers
- Financial Guidance: The firm offers home buyers access to lending experts who can help them manage their finances and secure pre-approval for loans.
- Home Buyer’s Assistance Program: Buyers can efficiently search for the best properties in the desired area through the data offered. Curated properties can be viewed from the comfort of the home.
We found some drawbacks associated with Fixed Rate Real Estate:
- Limited Coverage: They cover the Denver Metro area and some other cities and counties in Colorado. This limits their customer base as well as the pool of potential home buyers.
- No Buyer Rebate: Fixed Rate Real Estate does not offer any buyer’s rebate unlike other discount real estate brokers.
Fixed Rate Real Estate has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 64 reviews on Google.
Fixed Rate Real Estate has been in the real estate business for almost a decade. They cater to home sellers and buyers through flat fee services.
However, they have limited coverage and do not have a buyer’s rebate program.
3. HQ Homes
Tony English’s HQ Homes is a real estate company in Colorado, US. They have helped several home sellers with quick sales through a low-commission package.
For Home Sellers:
- 1% Commission: HQ Homes has a 1% listing fee package that covers each step of home selling process. You get a full-service realtor, MLS listing, property marketing, and a lot more at a discounted rate.
For Home Buyers:
- 1% Buyer’s Rebate: They offer a rebate of 1% of the sales price to home buyers if they select an HQ Homes agent for representation.
👉 Our Take: HQ Homes can be a great option for buyers and sellers. However, their package pricing is subject to lender approval and can change without notice.
HQ Homes offers the following advantages to home sellers and buyers:
For Home Sellers:
- Experienced Agents: HQ Homes agents have been in the business for 30+ years. They can give great insights into the market and offer guidance to clients at every step.
- Market Exposure: Properties get exposure to popular real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia. This can attract buyer’s attention and increase the number of offers.
- Good Customer Feedback: HQ Homes is a BBB A+ accredited company. Customers have given great reviews of their services on online platforms.
For Home Buyers:
- Agent Representation: Home buyers get agent representation as a part of the buyer rebate program. All the services related to home buying are covered.
We found some red flags associated with HQ Homes in our research:
- Low-tech: HQ Homes does not optimize technology in their services. They do not have a mobile application that can make home selling and buying easier.
- Limited Coverage: Their coverage is restricted to Denver and Boulder. This makes their client base limited.
HQ Homes has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 64 reviews on Google.
HQ Homes has agents with more than 30 years of experience. They represent and serve the interests of both home sellers and buyers.
However, they only cover certain areas of Colorado which limits their customer base.
GOOD ADD-ON FEATURES
Trelora is a full-service realty that offers services at discounted rates to home sellers. They strive to modernize home ownership through the use of technology.
For Home Sellers:
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers:
- Trelora EasySell – $2,500: This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app where sellers can get virtual full service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service – 1% Commission: This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1% of the sale price at closing.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $2,500 by bundling mortgage and title.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Trelora EasySell for the use of the mobile app which ensures an easier process.
Trelora was founded in 2011, it is a well-regarded low commission real estate brokerage. The firm has a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
- Good Add-On Features: They offer add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: Their software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward. However, not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
» What is Trelora? Check this out before choosing them.
Trelora has drawbacks you should know about before you venture with them.
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage leading to miscommunication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with them previously have complained about poor customer service quality.
Trelora has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 482 reviews on Zillow.
» Trelora Reviews: Check out the customer reviews that can help you know more about Trelora.
Trelora is a real estate website that puts home sellers, agents, and buyers under the same roof.
Their agents handle multiple clients at a time. This could lead to miscommunication and a lack of personalized support.
FLAT RATE PACKAGE
Homie offers one flat rate package for home sellers and a few services to home buyers.
For Home Sellers
- List at $3,500: You get agent representation, local MLS listing, exposure on popular real estate websites, contract negotiation, etc.
For Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate Program: Use Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance to earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing.
- Homie Cash™: Make an all-cash offer with this feature and increase the chances of getting offers. You can close the deal in 10 days with Homie Cash™. But it comes with a 1% program fee.
👉 Our Take: Homie’s services can benefit both home sellers and buyers. But, they provide more services for home buyers including a cash rebate. So, we recommend Homie to home buyers over sellers.
» Homie Reviews: Does Homie really benefit you in the 2023’s market? Click to find out.
Homie offers flat rate services to home sellers and rebates to buyers.
- Agent Support: Homie provides agent representation services to home sellers. However, they do not provide in-person support and visits. With Homie’s agent’s support, an experienced home seller may find their service useful.
- Homie-to-Homie: Depending on the state, the seller can eliminate the buyer agent commission if they sell to a Homie buyer.
- Buyer Rebate: Home buyers can earn a buyer rebate at the time of closing. To get the rebate buyers need to use their services like Homie Title, Homie Loans, or Homie Insurance.
» What is Homie? Read the comprehensive review to know more!
During our research, we found some drawbacks in the services of Homie, here are some that stood out:
- Sub-par Agent Service: Customers have accused numerous Homie agents of miscommunication, limited knowledge, and lack of experience.
- Inconsistent Service Delivery: Homie has many real estate agents, but fails to offer consistent performance. Their services either are satisfactory or unsatisfactory with no in-between.
- No Advanced Tech: Some clients were disappointed with how slow and outdated their technology was.
- Limited Coverage: Homie does not provide its services to many states except Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.
Homie has a total of 4.3 out of 5 stars from 795 total reviews on Google.
» Homie Review: Does Homie really benefit you in the 2023’s market? Click to find out.
Homie’s $3,500 package allows sellers to list and sell their homes. Whereas, home buyers can earn a cash rebate, an all-cash offer, and more.
Homie is ideal for experienced sellers and buyers. Make sure you follow up with them thoroughly to get your job done.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5 to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
2. Technology: Choose companies that use cutting-edge technology, offer online paperwork, and have a mobile app.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, HQ Homes offers a buyer rebate of 1% to clients who sell and buy with HQ Homes within 1 year.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Discount Realtor Near Me
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Denver, CO: Denver, CO discount Realtors charge a fee of 1% to 1.5%. To make an informed selection, look into their listing costs, services offered, coverage, and technology.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Fort Collins, CO: Discount brokers in Fort Collins will list and sell your home for 1% to 1.5% commission. Some of the companies also offer buyer rebates.
- Discount Real Estate Brokers in Colorado Springs, CO: Discount real estate agents in Colorado Springs offer buyer as well as seller services. You may save thousands by selling your house for a fee of 1% to 2.5%.
- Discount Realtors in Loveland, CO: Discount listing agents in Loveland are a great option if you want to sell your home at discounted rates.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Colorado
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Colorado.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Colorado companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Denver and other Colorado markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Colorado.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Colorado make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Colorado and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Colorado: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites in Colorado. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Colorado: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who pays Realtor fees in Colorado?
Generally, it is the seller who pays the realtor fees for both the seller and the buyer agent. However, there are no laws that mandate this.
2. Are Realtor fees negotiable in Colorado?
Yes! Realtor fees are negotiable in Colorado. So, it's a good idea to look around and try to get a lower rate.
3. What percentage do most Realtors charge in Colorado?
Most Realtors charge 6% in Colorado. But this number can be anywhere from 5 percent to 7 percent.
4. Who pays the closing costs in Colorado?
The seller pays the closing costs in Colorado.