Denver is one of the most competitive real estate markets in the US. Houses on sale get sold in 5 days! Shocking, isn’t it? Therefore it is not surprising that house prices in the city went up by 16.9% in April 2022.
Selling a house in this booming market is beneficial for sellers. One way to make the most profit is to sell the property through discount realtors who charge low commissions. Here are some of the best discount real estate brokers in Denver who can help you save thousands of dollars and sell your house.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Denver, CO
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Fixed Rate Real Estate||$5000 |
|3.||HQ Homes||1% |
of the sale price
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Denver, CO
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Houzeo an online real estate company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support.
💰 Save Thousands on Commission: Houzeo’s plans are typically a small flat fee. This will save you thousands. If your buyer is unrepresented, you save the buyer agent commission as well.
📣 Maximum Exposure: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites. Houzeo also has nifty social media sharing tools. No other platform gives you this much exposure.
⚡ Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. Listing is easy and changes are fast. So you can focus on what is most important – your sale.
⭐ 5-Star Customer Support: Home sellers across America have rated Houzeo 4.9 out of 5 stars on major review sites like Google and Trustpilot. There is comfort in the fact that when you call, a live person picks up the phone on the other line.
📱 Cutting-edge Technology: Houzeo is the most powerful real estate website. Its advanced features include:
- IntelliList Listing Management System: Lets you manage your listing 100% online.
- Houzeo Showings: Manage to show appointments online.
- Houzeo Offers: All offers are summarized online. You can view and compare offers, or counter any offer. In a multiple-offer situation, you can also call for the highest and best offers.
- Buyer Search: Buyers can contact you directly on Houzeo.com instead of going through a real estate agent.
- Houzeo Settlement Agent Platform: Guides you to your closing.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
- Nationwide coverage
- Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- Quick listing (within a day with concierge)
- Savings on commissions
- 100% online – easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Mobile app availability
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Fixed Rate Real Estate
GREAT LOCAL EXPOSURE
Fixed Rate Real Estate
Fixed Rate Real Estate is a flat fee realty that offers stellar services and results to its clients.
For Home Sellers:
- Full-Service Package – $5,000 Flat Fee: This package has no upfront fees and includes services like comparative market analysis, pricing and offer recommendations, property listing and marketing, showing coordination, and potential buyers’ feedback report.
For Home Buyers:
- Flat Fee Buyer’s Agent: Home buyers get full-service agent representation to deal with all the aspects of purchasing a home. However, the package pricing details are not available.
👉 Our Take: Fixed Rate Real Estate can be a good option for home sellers. However, home buyers need to clarify the discount offered on services before hiring an agent.
Fixed Rate Real Estate offers several advantages to both home sellers and buyers.
For Home Sellers:
- Experienced Agents: Sellers get expert guidance at every step of the process by experienced brokers. The broker/owner Daniel Gurzhiev’s 9 years of experience give him the expertise to provide great services at a flat rate.
- Quick Cash Offer: Home sellers looking for a quick sale can opt for the cash offer from Buyout Realty, the sister company. They can sell your house as-is quickly and give you cash in return.
- Marketing Strategies: Fixed Rate Real Estate offers fresh marketing ideas to increase the visibility of your property. Your MLS listing is advertised on social media platforms to get buyer attention.
- Market Exposure: Your property is listed on the local MLS as well as popular sites like Realtor.com and Zillow. This way it gets a lot of exposure to potential home buyers.
For Home Buyers
- Financial Guidance: The firm offers home buyers access to lending experts who can help them manage their finances and secure pre-approval for loans.
- Home Buyer’s Assistance Program: Buyers can efficiently search for the best properties in the desired area through the data offered. Curated properties can be viewed from the comfort of the home.
We found some drawbacks associated with Fixed Rate Real Estate:
- Limited Coverage: They cover the Denver Metro area and some other cities and counties in Colorado. This limits their customer base as well as the pool of potential home buyers.
- No Buyer Rebate: Fixed Rate Real Estate does not offer any buyer’s rebate unlike other discount real estate brokers.
Fixed Rate Real Estate has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 64 reviews on Google.
3. HQ Homes
Tony English’s HQ Homes is a real estate company in Colorado, US. They have helped several home sellers with quick sales through a low-commission package.
For Home Sellers:
- 1% Commission: HQ Homes has a 1% listing fee package that covers each step of home selling process. You get a full-service realtor, MLS listing, property marketing, and a lot more at a discounted rate.
For Home Buyers:
- 1% Buyer’s Rebate: They offer a rebate of 1% of the sales price to home buyers if they select an HQ Homes agent for representation.
👉 Our Take: HQ Homes can be a great option for buyers and sellers. However, their package pricing is subject to lender approval and can change without notice.
HQ Homes offers the following advantages to home sellers and buyers:
For Home Sellers:
- Experienced Agents: HQ Homes agents have been in the business for 30+ years. They can give great insights into the market and offer guidance to clients at every step.
- Market Exposure: Properties get exposure to popular real estate websites like Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia. This can attract buyer’s attention and increase the number of offers.
- Good Customer Feedback: HQ Homes is a BBB A+ accredited company. Customers have given great reviews of their services on online platforms.
For Home Buyers:
- Agent Representation: Home buyers get agent representation as a part of the buyer rebate program. All the services related to home buying are covered.
We found some red flags associated with HQ Homes in our research:
- Low-tech: HQ Homes does not optimize technology in their services. They do not have a mobile application that can make home selling and buying easier.
- Limited Coverage: Their coverage is restricted to Denver and Boulder. This makes their client base limited.
HQ Homes has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 64 reviews on Google.
💵 LOW LISTING FEE
Homie, another low commission real estate broker, works with a flat fee listing of $3500. This is very reasonable when compared with traditional realtor commission but may be significant for low-value homes.
👨💼Agent Support: Homie does not provide in-person support which means that the seller has to put in more effort to get their listing rolling. That being said, Homie does provide remote low commission Realtor support but due to a limited number of agents, the quality of service is questionable.
🌟 Features: The add-on features include as part of the packages are not valued for money.
👉More: Homie Real Estate: Reviews, Alternatives, and Everything You Need to Know
- Decent listing fee
- Good agents
- Rebate for buyers
- Compromise on quality due to lesser number of agents
- Remote agent support
- Limited coverage
- Low quality customer support
- Poor technology
Homie has an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 on Google.
Homie covers only Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Nevada, and Utah.
💥 GOOD ADD-ON FEATURES
Trelora is a low commission brokerage that comes with a couple of “Full Service” packages that are priced at 1% and 2% respectively. The platform does not align a single agent to a seller, but various low-cost real estate agents help the seller at different stages.
👩💼Agent Support: Trelora Colorado’s limited number of agents cater to thousands of customers which compromises the customer service quality.
🌟Features: The packages as part of Trelora contain add-on features like professional photos, yard signs, marketing, and more.
- Good add-on features.
- Commission rebate for buyers.
- Average service due to a low number of agents.
- Minimal savings
- Restricted coverage
- Average technology
Trelora has an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 on Yelp.
Trelora covers only Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
» How To Sell My House Fast Denver, CO: Here’s What You Can Do
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some low-cost brokers offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include Denver MLS listing and basic features. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors, and each has its benefit. Let’s have a look at them and make an informed choice:
Types Of Discount Realtors Denver, Colorado
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Redefy|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||HomeLight|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker/Company Over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume, a property costs $600,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. Through a traditional process, a seller can incur closing costs anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – which is too expensive. A home seller can avoid these exorbitant commissions through low commission or flat rate brokers.
|Traditional Agent |
💡Make A Note: Sellers get discount on seller’s agent commission only, they still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
» Seller Closing Costs in Colorado: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Denver, CO, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs in Colorado: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||3-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$449||6-months listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$499||12-months listing + Virtual Full Service that includes everything you require to sell the property.|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a discount real estate brokerage, you would want to know its coverage. All the low-commission real estate agent providers do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fee. You also get an option of selecting the service you want and customise the packages to your seller needs.
As a seller’s market, Denver is a favorable housing market for sellers currently. Discount real estate brokers in Denver can help home sellers pay lesser commissions with their services. Since sellers have more power during price negotiations, it is advisable to make the most of the current scenario.
Houzeo is a low-rate real estate company that will help home sellers to list their properties from the comfort of their homes. Its customer-centric approach and advanced technology make Houzeo an ideal choice for residents in Denver to list and sell their property without paying high commissions.
» 5 Best Flat Fee MLS Denver Listing Services: Sell your home with Flat Fee MLS instead
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all realtors charge the same?
No, real estate agents charge differently based on various factors. Some factors include the property's location, condition, and the state you're based. Although the average realtor commission is between 5%-6%, a seller can negotiate these charges.
What is the lowest real estate commission?
There is no single figure that can be considered the lowest commission in the US. But low commission in real estate can be of 2 types: flat fee and discounted commissions. Flat fee realties offer their services at a fixed rate, usually a four-digit figure like $3500 or $5000. Discounted commission ranges from 0.5% to 2.5% commission. A home seller saves thousands of dollars through these options.
What is a discount brokerage?
Discount brokerage is a firm that helps home sellers and buyers to sell and buy properties. As a discount brokerage, they offer a discounted commission to sellers and rebate to buyers.
What is the lowest commission a realtor will take?
A realtor can charge as low as 1% commission if they work as a discount realtor, but generally, the average commission of a realtor is 5%-6% in the US. This commission is based on the state, the location of the property, and various other factors.
Related: colorado MLS, flat fee realtor, flat fee realty, Denver realtor, top real estate agents in Denver, discount realtors, discount real estate brokers near me, real estate agents in Denver colorado, companies that buy houses for cash in denver co, discount real estate brokers, homelight real estateUncategorized