» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
Home to the Garden of Gods, Colorado Springs is one of the sought-after real estate markets in the US. In fact, Colorado Springs’ average home price has increased by 11.2% since last year.
Whether you are selling or buying a house in Colorado Springs, discount realtors who charge low commissions can help you save money.
Here are some of the best discount real estate brokers in Colorado Springs!
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Colorado Springs, CO
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Colorado Flat Fee Realty Inc||1% |
|3.||Pro Flat Fee Realty||$3400 |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Colorado Springs, CO
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Colorado Flat Fee Realty Inc.
💵 BUYER REBATE
Colorado Flat Fee Realty INC
Why Colorado Flat Fee Realty, INC is #2: Colorado Flat Fee Realty, INC is a local Colorado-based brokerage that provides numerous additional and a-la-carte services to its clients. They will help you syndicate your listing on Zillow and other listing websites.
Colorado Flat Fee Realty for Home Sellers:
- Flat Fee: The discount brokerage charges a flat fee varying from $1500-$9000 according to the listing price or a 1% commission of the purchase price, whichever is greater. The higher the home list price or sales price, the more the seller will have to pay as commission.
- Additional Fee: They also charge an additional administration fee ($495) to pay 3rd party vendors.
- No Upfront Fee: Sellers have to pay commission at closing. The discount realtor does not charge any upfront fee.
Colorado Flat Fee Realty for Home Buyers:
- Buyer Rebate: Colorado Flat Fee Realty offers a buyer rebate of 1% on properties that sell for $200,000 or more.
👉 Our Take: Colorado Flat Fee Realty can be a great option for buyers. However, sellers must be aware of the fact that they may have to pay 1% of the sales price, which is higher than the flat fee, as the seller agent’s commission if their house sells for more than the listing price.
» Selling A House In Colorado: Here’s What You NEED to Know
- Syndicate with other listing websites
- Hefty additional fee
- Packages are costly
- No pricing assistance
- Internet access required
- Down payment assistance
Colorado Flat Fee Realty INC has a 4.2 out of 5 rating on Yelp and Google Reviews.
Colorado Flat Fee Realty offers services in the state of Colorado.
3. Pro Flat Fee Realty
🪙 FLAT RATE REALTY
Pro Flat Fee Realty
Why Pro Flat Fee is #3: Pro Flat Fee Realty is a discount real estate broker that offers full service for a flat fee. The firm was founded in 2015.
Pro Flat Fee for Home Sellers:
- Flat Rate: Pro Flat Fee Realty offers full-service seller representation for $3400. The seller has to pay $500 upfront and the remaining $2900 at the time of closing.
- Full Services: Services offered by the discount realty include listing property on MLS, photography, social media marketing, virtual brochure, open houses, lockboxes, etc., along with managerial services at all stages and designing the pricing strategy.
- Additional Charges: They offer services like aerial photos and videos, 3D virtual walkthroughs, virtual staging, and more, for luxury homes at an additional price.
Pro Flat Fee for Home Buyers:
- Buyer Rebate: The discount real estate agents offer a flat buyer rebate based on the purchase price of the house.
👉 Our Take: Pro Flat Fee can be a great option for sellers. However, there are discount brokerages that offer more significant buyer rebates and benefits.
» Sellers Closing Costs in Colorado: A Comprehensive Guide
- MLS Listing
- Exposure to Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and 80+ national websites
- Professional photography
- Social Media Marketing
- 24/7 virtual brochure sign
- Open house
- Pricing strategy
Pro Flat Fee Realty has an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
Pro Flat Fee Realty offers services in Colorado and Minnesota.
GOOD AGENT COVERAGE
HomeLight is an agent matching service, free for home sellers. They furnish details of the best real estate agents in your selected neighborhood for both full and limited service plans.
- Free Agent Matching: Depending on the agent, the traditional 5%-6% commission still applies. But they offer all the services you will require during your sale.
Coverage: HomeLight has coverage in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Sarasota, and Seattle, among other major U.S. cities.
👉 Our Take: HomeLight offers decent agent-matching services. However, you may be matched with a listing agent who charges 3% commission, meaning zero savings for you.
HomeLight has a network of thousands of successful sellers, best real estate agents, and brokers. They help to create tailored guides and resources in the process of selling a house.
- Good Agent Coverage: They have a good number of agents as per their coverage area.
- Estimators and Calculators: HomeLight offers home value estimator, best time to sell calculator, agent commissions calculator, and net proceeds calculator.
In our research, we came across some major drawbacks of HomeLight.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: The agents we are matched with may not work at our convenience. Even the listing speed will be based on the agent selected.
- Off-Market Restriction: Registering on HomeLight will get you offers from agents instantly. Although the process is fast, only homes that are off-market are allowed.
HomeLight has a rating of 4.45 out of 5 from 226 reviews on Sitejabber.
» HomeLight Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for HomeLight on Sitejabber.
Redefy offers its services for a flat rate or commission based on your home sale price.
- Full Service: Redefy charges a flat rate of $3,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the platform gets more expensive. In this case, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
Coverage: Redefy covers Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
👉 Our Take: Redefy works on the multiple agent model. They have a field agent who meets clients and an in-house agent for customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
Redefy is a full service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
- Decent Listing Fee for Low-Value Homes: If your home value is below one million the flat rate option is a good bargain.
- In-House Support: You are provided in-house support with accurate pricing and other features like home staging.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, inclusive of insurance and taxes.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of Redefy.
- No Refund Deposit: You have to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Redefy has limited agents who cater to a large volume of customers which poses a risk to service quality.
Redefy has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 37 reviews on Yelp.
» Redefy Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Redefy on Yelp.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some low-cost brokers offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include Colorado Springs MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors in Colorado Springs, CO, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Realtors in Colorado Springs, Colorado
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Redefy|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||HomeLight|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why choose a Discount Real Estate Broker/Company over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume, a property costs $600,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. Through a traditional process, a seller can incur closing costs anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – that’s too expensive. A home seller can avoid these exorbitant commissions through low commission or flat rate brokers in Colorado Springs.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs Calculator: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Colorado Springs, CO, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Cost Calculator: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||3-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$449||6-months listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$499||12-months listing + Virtual Full Service that includes everything you require to sell the property.|
Discount Real Estate Companies Colorado Springs Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a discount real estate brokerage, you would want to know its coverage. All the discount brokers in Colorado Springs do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Colorado Springs market is currently a buyer’s market. This means that there are more homes in the market as compared to homes. Discount real estate brokers in Colorado Springs can help you get the best price.
Houzeo is a low-rate real estate company that will help home sellers to list their property from the comfort of their homes. Its customer-centric approach and advanced technology make Houzeo an ideal choice for residents in Colorado Springs to list and sell their property without paying high commissions.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Colorado Springs Listing Services: Top 5!
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Real Estate Brokers in Colorado Springs
How much do real estate agents make in Colorado Springs, CO?
PayScale, a known data company found that the average salary of a real estate broker is $43,443 at the beginning of their career. A mid-level broker can earn a compensation of approximately $51,683 and the individuals with more than 10-19 years earn approximately $67,453. This salary is influenced by various factors such as location, level of experience, and condition of the company.
Can you negotiate realtor fees in Colorado Springs, CO?
Yes, you can negotiate realtor fees if you know your property's worth. A seller can negotiate based on the condition of the house, and the location of the property. It is advisable to negotiate in the beginning because unaware sellers can end up paying high commission fees which they could have avoided. So, negotiate on the terms both parties can mutually agree upon.
Who pays closing costs in Colorado Springs, CO?
Closing costs are borne by both buyer and seller. They pay based on the legal agreements and will have to pay separate amounts. The closing costs are higher for sellers because they have to pay the buyer and seller agent's commissions. Both buyers and sellers must be careful before doing the final closing and ensure they settle after a thorough check.
How much are closing costs in Colorado Springs, CO?
Some of the common closing costs in Colorado Springs, CO are loan origination fees, home appraisal fees, credit reports, home inspection, recording fees, transfer taxes fees, etc. All of these can be understood with the help of a broker. Closing costs differ from state to state, so it is advisable to research thoroughly before making any decision.
Related: flat fee realtor, Colorado Springs realtor, flat rate realtors, discount realtors near me, discount real estate brokers near me, discounted real estate brokers, low-cost realtors, flat fee MLS Colorado Springs, discount agent, sell your home in Colorado Springs, buying a house in colorado springs, flat fee realtor colorado springs, flat rate realty colorado springs, flat rate commission real estate agent, flat rate fee real estate, how to sell a house by owner in colorado springs, real estate discount brokers, what is homelightUncategorized