From Anchorage to Sitka, there are over 1,945 realtors in Alaska. With so many realtors, there are bound to be thousands of real estate companies.
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching Alaska’s best real estate companies. Our ratings are specific to what you’re trying to accomplish.
Top Real Estate Companies In Alaska for:
- Selling Your Home: Sellers need maximum exposure for their listing, max commission savings, a 100% online experience, and 5-star customer support.
- Buying a Home: Buyers need a great agent to negotiate for them, maximum buyer rebate, and stellar customer support.
- Agents to Work in: Agents want the best commission splits, to earn equity in the company, a strong training program, and stellar tech and support.
Top 7 Real Estate Companies in Alaska
Let’s look at the top companies in Alaska for real estate in 2023.
3 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Sellers
Houzeo is a 100% online home-selling platform. It is the best way to sell your home fast and save thousands in commission.
For Home Sellers: Houzeo offers 4 FSBO MLS listing packages for home sellers.
- Bronze Package – $99: This package offers Houzeo listing only for 6 months with maximum photos. You pay a $49 refundable fee for a yard sign and receive your refund after sending a selfie with it.
- Silver Package – $379: This includes everything that home sellers typically look for.
- Gold Package – $379+: It is Houzeo’s signature MLS package and includes all the technology Houzeo is known for Houzeo Showings, Houzeo Offers, and DigiTransact.
- Platinum – $349+: It includes the assistance of a licensed broker to help you with negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
- Add-ons: Houzeo offers custom add-ons like ShowingTime, lock boxes, and yard signs. The Houzeo “For Sale” yard sign is America’s most popular For Sale By Owner Sign. It costs only $49, but you can get it for free if you send us a selfie!
Mobile App: List your property, manage showings, and review & compare offers at your fingertips with Houzeo’s App!
👉 Our Take: We recommend the GOLD plan. You’ll have access to Houzeo tech, making managing showings and offer negotiations easy!
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com.
Houzeo is Florida’s #1 real estate company because of 8 reasons:
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech.
- 100% Online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers.
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites.
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings.
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints.
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees.
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services.
There are no dealbreakers with Houzeo.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out what FSBO sellers have to say about listing with Houzeo.com
Houzeo has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is Alaska’s #1 real estate company, as it provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo offers Alaska FSBO home sellers affordable listing packages. Your home will be listed within 48 hours. Even if you’re new to selling FSBO, Houzeo’s offer management and showings tool will help you ace your real estate journey like a pro.
» List My Home on MLS in Alaska: Want to list your AK house on the MLS? Get top dollar for your property by listing with Houzeo.
GLOBAL REAL ESTATE BRAND
RE/MAX is a network of franchised brokerages that are independently owned and operated. It has a global footprint with a presence in over 110 countries.
- Traditional Agents – 5% to 6% Commission: RE/MAX is a traditional brokerage. Normally, traditional agents charge an average commission of 5%-6% as they guide and assist you through the entire selling process.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX is a well-known real estate brokerage. However, each office is independently owned and operated, so the experience and the quality of service may vary by office.
» Top Real Estate Brokerages in the USA: Check out our list of top brokerages for 2023
Key features of RE/MAX are:
- Personal Agent: RE/MAX agents guide you throughout your entire selling process and keep you updated on its progress.
- Pricing Your Home: Agents at RE/MAX will conduct an in-depth evaluation and a CMA of your property to price your home competitively.
- Extensive Marketing: Agents at RE/MAX use cutting-edge tools and implement multiple marketing strategies to ensure maximum exposure to your property.
The major dealbreaker of RE/MAX is
- Poor Customer Reviews: RE/MAX has multiple customer complaints regarding timeline lapses and unresponsive customer service.
RE/MAX has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
RE/MAX has 125,000 agents across the country and was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020. They have a wide presence in Alaska.
However, customers have complained about delayed transactions and the unresponsive nature of the agents.
3. Mr. Alaska Real Estate
ONE BASIC PACKAGE
Mr. Alaska Real Estate
Mr. Alaska Real Estate offers one Flat Fee MLS listing package for FSBO sellers.
- Basic Package – $299: This flat fee package includes an MLS listing and property photo uploads. You can also make unlimited changes to your listing and post about open houses on the MLS.
Listing Upgrades: You must pay extra for additional services over the basic package.
- Contract Write-Up: $450
- Contract Review and Counter Offer Write-Up: $250
👉 Our Take: Mr. Alaska Real Estate is a good choice for sellers looking for local expertise. However, they have only one package and minimal add-ons!
Mr. Alaska Real Estate provides the following advantages to FSBO sellers and home buyers:
- Unlimited Listing Changes: You can make unlimited changes to your listing, but there is no listing period mentioned on their website.
- Local Broker: Rick David, the main broker at Mr. Alaska Real Estate, is a lifelong Alaska resident. He has over 27 years of experience in real estate transactions and offers insightful advice on the local market.
- Contract Writeup and Review: You can opt for the contract writeup to convert your verbal agreement into a professional document. You can also add contract review as an additional service over your one-time flat fee payment.
- Free For Buyers: Buyers can do a property search for free and do not need to pay commission as well.
There are a few red flags with Mr. Alaska Real Estate that can make your experience less than optimal.
- Outdated Website: You need a seller’s dashboard and mobile app for a smooth listing to the closing process. Mr. Alaska Real Estate has none of these!
- Expensive Services: The services are expensive. For example, you pay $299 for the basic package and later add contract writeup plus contract review which is another $450 + $250 from your pocket.
- No Recent Reviews: There are no customer reviews available for Mr. Alaska Real Estate on any of the popular review sites like Google or Trustpilot. This makes it difficult to estimate a seller’s experience correctly.
In our research, we found no recent reviews for Mr. Alaska Real Estate.
Mr. Alaska Real Estate offers just one flat fee MLS plan priced at $299. This is a good option for AK home sellers on a tight budget.
However, for any additional assistance with contract writeups and reviews, you must upgrade your flat fee listing plan. This will add over $500 to your total cost!
2 Best Real Estate Companies For Home Buyers
1. Coldwell Banker Realty
MOST SUCCESSFUL INVESTORS
Coldwell Banker Real Estate LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in America. Owned by Anywhere Real Estate Inc., this full-service brokerage has over 3,000 offices in 49 countries and territories.
- No Service Fee: As a buyer, you pay nothing to avail services of Coldwell Banker.
👉 Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader. Their Full-Service Marketing System shows that they are professional and committed to providing quality service to their customers.
Key features of Coldwell Banker:
- Experts in Negotiations: Coldwell Banker’s agents are skilled and have considerable experience in negotiating the best deal for you.
- Assistance in finding a lender: They help you find a local lender to get you pre-qualified for your desired home by determining whether you can afford to purchase the home.
- Home Searching: With access to the MLS and other tools, the agents narrow down the best home for you as per your wants, needs, and budget.
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure you have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
- Strong Agent Network: Owing to strong connections with other real estate agents, your agent can find you multiple potential property options.
Red flags of Coldwell Banker include:
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Several clients of Coldwell Banker have complained of a lack of trust in the agents they had dealt with.
- Lapses in Transactions: Customer complaints include delays in transactions, laid-back attitude, misrepresentations, and the unresponsiveness of agents.
Coldwell Banker is rated 3.0 out of 5 stars on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in the country. With expertise, knowledge, and experience in the real estate market, they strive to get the best home for their clients.
However, you must take into account the customer reviews prior to engaging them.
User Friendly App
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month.
- Buyers’ Agency Agreement: Typically, the buyer’s agent is paid by the seller from the proceeds of the sale transaction. However, if the seller does not pay the buyer’s agent then the buyer is responsible to pay the agent in accordance with the buyers’ agency agreement.
👉 Our Take: Despite Zillow garnering a name for being one of the largest real estate websites, we suggest you tread carefully after conducting the necessary due diligence.
Here are some advantages of choosing Zillow:
- Biggest Database: It has 135 million homes in its database. That makes Zillow the best website to start your home search on.
- Advanced Search: It has saved your search criteria with its “save search” feature. It has more than 20 filters to narrow down your ideal property based on the preferences of price, beds and baths, home type, and many more.
- Paperwork Assistance: Zillow agents can help you with all the paperwork that comes with purchasing a home.
- Negotiation Specialists: It’s agents have expansive market knowledge and will negotiate the best deal for you.
- Financial Resources: Zillow’s certified loan officers can help buyers pre-qualify for a home loan. In addition, Zillow provides buyers with tools such as a mortgage calculator, affordability calculator, and refinance calculator.
- Mobile App: Yes.
Zillow has some major drawbacks that a user should be aware of.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles, as seen on Trustpilot.
- Incorrect Information: Customers looking to buy a house have complained about inaccurate and misleading information about properties listed on Zillow.
Zillow has a rating of 2.7 out of 5 stars on ConsumerAffairs.
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the United States and has more than 40 million unique users every month. It extracts data from top MLS platforms and assists buyers and agents to view the listings directly on its platform.
Zillow provides an on-demand buying experience. However, Zillow has poor customer reviews and record-breaking debacles.
2 Best Real Estate Companies To Work For in Alaska
A real estate company employs licensed agents to represent local buyers and sellers. As a real estate agent, you must consider the following factors in a real estate company – commissions, training, agent equity, revenue share, profit share, and technical support.
|Real Estate Company||Commission Split||Profit Share||Revenue Share||Agent Equity||Tech Support||Training Program|
|1. eXp Realty||80/20||❌||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|2. Keller Williams Realty||64/36||✅||❌||❌||✅||✅|
1. eXp Realty
eXp Realty, a cloud-based platform is a booming real estate brokerage that has garnered a reputation for being a great workplace. It has a 4.3 rating out of 5 on Indeed.
- Commission Split: The agents keep 80% of the commission and 20% goes to eXp. After the agents hit the $16,000 cap in their anniversary year, they retain 100% of the commission.
- Revenue Share: eXp Realty’s Revenue Share Program lets agents earn a percentage from the revenue of the agents they’ve sponsored.
- Agent Equity: eXp agents are rewarded with shares of EXPI stock upon accomplishing specific goals.
- Training Program: eXp Realty runs the 2-week Fast Start training program for its new agents. This holistic curriculum has been rated a 4.8 out of 5 by agents who have completed the program.
- Technical Support: eXp Solutions offers agents cutting-edge tools to make the real estate transaction seamless.
▶️ The Rise of eXp Realty: Check out how eXp Realty is beating Compass and Keller Williams
2. Keller Williams Realty
Keller Williams Realty is one of the largest residential real estate firms in the US. It has opportunities for both new and experienced real estate agents. It has a 4.3 out of 5 rating on Indeed.
- Commission Split: From the commission, 64% goes to the agent, 30% goes to KW Market Center and 6% is to be paid by the agent as a franchise fee ($3,000 is the cap). Once an agent hits the cap, the commission goes entirely to the agent.
- Profit Share: KW’s Profit-Sharing Program lets agents earn a portion of the profit from the agent they’ve referred.
- Training Program: KW provides a training program that teaches agents the core principles of running a successful real estate business.
- Technical Support: KW Command is a CRM software that equips agents with the necessary tools to handle real estate transactions from start to close.
How to Choose the Best Real Estate Company in Alaska?
For Home Sellers
Approximately 86% of homeowners opt for a real estate agent or broker when selling property in Alaska. This shows how critical it is to choose the most qualified agent for real estate transactions. When choosing an Alaska real estate company, you must consider the following factors:
- Technology: Top companies provide dynamic tech support to their agents to market your property better. Opt for companies that offer quick digital transactions, paperless processes, offer showings, and more.
- Marketing Strategy: A marketing strategy can make or break your transaction. Good marketing strategy includes the use of yard signs, MLS listing, flyers, home staging, photography, open houses, and social media.
- Online Reviews: It’s important to read reviews of agents associated with that company. You can find reviews from credible review platforms like Google Reviews, Trustpilot, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Zillow reviews.
- Recommendations: Ask around if anyone knows of a real estate company that has sold their home successfully. In addition, you can also go through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» Top Real Estate Agents: Here’s a list of top real estate agents in America!
For Home Buyers
86% of buyers purchased their homes through a real estate agent or broker. If you are a buyer looking through Alaska real estate companies, keep the following things in mind:
- Rebate: A buyer’s rebate is when an agent gives you a percentage of their commission after the home sale. Agents do this to secure business with you. Some companies have fixed percentages on the rebate amount. Look for companies or brokerages which offer you buyers rebates.
- Resources: Many companies have tools such as mortgage calculators, affordability calculators, closing cost calculators, email alerts, and virtual showings which help you in your home-buying journey.
- Agent Reviews: It’s necessary to read online reviews before you choose your agent. Try to get recommendations from family or friends if possible.
For Real Estate Agents
A real estate agent must consider the following points while browsing real estate companies in Alaska:
- Commission Model: Real estate agents and realtors work on commissions. When you sell a house, you split the profits with your broker. A broker charges varied commissions. Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.
- Commission Breakdown: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home where the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. A 60/40 commission splits mean you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
- Training Modules: Most real estate companies provide training courses to their agents. Franchise companies RE/MAX, Keller Williams, etc. offer programs to train agents in negotiation, marketing, body language, sales pitch, and lead generation.
- Tech Support: Top real estate companies equip their agents with the latest technology to keep them on par with the competition. Most companies have automated systems to help agents keep track of clients, leads, and emails.
- Marketing & Advertising: Real estate companies also provide agents with high-quality digital and print materials, custom graphics and ads, professional photography, and database management systems to ensure exposure to the customer’s property.
Before you choose a real estate company in Alaska, we suggest you conduct thorough research on the company. Certainly, our blog will help you make a sound decision in finalizing the best real estate company, as per your criteria.
The basic requirement for a good real estate company is experienced & dedicated agents, maximum savings, tech savviness, and quick transactions. With Houzeo, you will get all these factors on one single platform.
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best real estate company in Alaska?
Houzeo is the best real estate company in Alaska. It offers sellers an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, advanced technology, 5-star customer support, 100% online experience, and listing exposure.
2. What are the best real estate companies for buyers in Alaska?
The best real estate companies for home buyers in Alaska are Coldwell Banker Realty and Zillow. They offer home buyers various services and tools such as virtual showings, mortgage calculators, and more.
3. Which is the best real estate company to work for in Alaska?
The best real estate company to work for is eXp Realty. They offer satisfactory commission splits, revenue share, agent equity, a robust training program, and tech support.
4. When Is the best time to sell a House in Alaska?
If you're after the best sales price, the best month to sell in Alaska is June when houses sell for 9.24% more than average. If your priority is speed, May is the best time to sell because homes tend to sell 45 days faster.
- Who Pays Closing Costs in Alaska: Paying closing costs is important to finalize the real estate transaction. Hence, you must know your closing cost obligations.
- Selling an Inherited House in Alaska: Find out the detailed points to consider while selling your Alaska inherited house.
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeoAlaska Real Estate Companies