In April 2022, 57.6% Alaska homes were sold above the list price, clearly indicating that the housing market is fairly competitive. Therefore, the real estate companies in Alaska are engaged in fierce competition to help people buy or sell their properties.
Here is a detailed review of top real estate companies in Alaska that will help you in your home selling or buying process.
At a Glance: Top Real Estate Companies in Alaska
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|1. Houzeo||📱Most Advanced Tech||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (2,477 reviews)|
|2. Coldwell Banker Realty||🏆 Most Successful Investors||⭐⭐⭐ (232 reviews)|
|3. RE/MAX||👩🏫 Best for In-Person Support||⭐⭐⭐⭐ (79 reviews)|
Reviews: Top Real Estate Companies in Alaska
Houzeo – Best Overall
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
Coldwell Banker Real Estate – Brand Recognition
🏡About: An American real estate franchise, Coldwell Banker Realty LLC is one of the largest real estate companies in the country. Coldwell Banker has multiple subdivisions that cater to different states and counties. They are known for their real estate expertize considering they were founded in 1906.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: Coldwell Banker can help you determine a marketing strategy with the help of increased accuracy of market knowledge, advanced pricing tools, and access to comprehensive housing data.
- Local Agent: Agents with local expertise help you learn more about the current state of the housing market so you can price the house right to attract buyer interest.
For Home Buyers:
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification to understanding the type of house that will meet your needs and satisfy your wants, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
👉Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader in customer experience and overall quality. Their Full Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what their customers expect.
» Paperwork for Selling a House without a Realtor: A thorough analysis.
Coldwell Banker has a rating on 4.0 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
Coldwell Banker covers majority of Wisconsin.
RE/MAX Real Estate – Guaranteed Sale Program
🏡About: RE/MAX Bell Park Realty is one of the top real estate companies in Connecticut. Having extensive knowledge of eastern Connecticut, their agents provide good local market coverage to the buyers/sellers.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: They have advanced marketing and digital strategies that can help drive more traffic to your listing. They offer cutting edge technology, comprehensive marketing strategies help streamline the process.
- Online listing: Online listings feature information specific to each property and property images that gives potential buyers an instant preview.
For Home Buyers:
- Interactive Map Search: The map search available on the RE/MAX website helps view homes located in or near the area you desire and helps learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
- Re/MAX agents: They can help you to determine your buying power how much you can afford, how much you should put towards a down payment and can walk you through loan options and other costs or fees associated with purchasing a home.
👉 Our Take: RE/MAX (Real Estate Maximums) is a well-known real estate company in the world. RE/MAX, which has more than 125,000 agents across the country, was named the top real estate brokerage franchisor by the Franchise 500 for the year 2020.
» Selling A House As Is: A Step-By-Step Guide for Home Sellers
The leaders of RE/MAX Bell Park Realty believe in providing superior services to the customers by using the following technologies:
- RE/MAX Real Estate Search App: With this application, the clients can have an advanced experience of the home hunt. The application has multiple features which make the buyers’ job easier. The app provides a map-based listing search, one-tap contact information, the ability to compare deals with co-buyers, and many more features.
- MAX/Center: It is a centralized platform of RE/MAX Bell Park Realty. It is mainly to help the affiliated agents. At the MAX/Center, they can access the contacts, websites, marketing campaigns, resources, profiles, and RE/MAX tools.
RE/MAX Bell Park Realty has a 4.8/5 rating on Google reviews.
RE/MAX Bell Park Realty serves across Connecticut. This real estate agency also has coverage in South Worcester County, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts.
Choose the Best Real Estate Company or Agent in Alaska
When buying or selling a house in Alaska, you may consider the expertise of the agent you are hiring to get the job done. Finding the right agent can make all the difference.
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate broker or agent, inquire about their knowledge of the local market and your property type.|
|2. Marketing strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker has with other real estate professionals before making a decision.|
|3. Full-time Professional||Make certain to hire a professional who is available on a full-time basis.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a realtor will be able to guide you through the process of searching for and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Local realtors who work for themselves should not be dismissed. When compared to a larger real estate company, they may have more intimate knowledge of a community.|
In addition to the questions listed above, there are several other factors to consider when hiring a real estate company or an agent.
Readily Available Agents or Brokerage: While there are competent part-time agents who sell properties, you must hire someone who can show your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Offer Suggestions: Pools, screened-in porches, and other desirable features are known to attract buyers to the area. They will advise on which rooms or features to emphasize or de-emphasize.
Similarly, ask the agent if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.
Local Expert: Hire or retain a local expert. These agents will also be aware of the typical selling and listing prices in the area.
Other than that, ask a local brokerage or your friends and family if they know anyone who has sold many homes or businesses there. Also, other ideas include looking through local real estate publications to see which agents have the most listings.
» How much does a Home Inspection Cost in Alaska: Read further to know more.
🌟 Looking For a Reputed Real Estate Company in Maine?
Choose Houzeo! Houzeo is rated 4.5 stars on Google Reviews and Trustpilot. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
In contrast, an inexperienced agent may make things more difficult for you (and your wallet) than they need to be during the home buying process.
There is a specific set of abilities that distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest when it comes time to buy a house. Is there a list of these abilities? Let’s find out
|Point to Remember||Description|
|1. Good Communication >||Look for an agent who is a good communicator and can answer all of your questions about the home-buying process.|
|2. Reliable Experience >||When interviewing real estate agents, be sure to not only inquire about the length of time they have been in the business of buying and selling homes, but also inquire about their specific experience.|
|3. Strong Local Market Knowledge >||Each market is unique. In order to navigate the nuances of your local market, you'll need a real estate agent who is familiar with local market trends and patterns. Choose a real estate agent who has a track record of quickly placing buyers in homes (and getting them a great deal, too).|
|4. Positive Reviews >||Online reviews are a great resource when choosing a realtor. Read as many reviews as you can before choosing a real estate agent, and look for past clients who have only positive things to say about their experiences.|
|5. Personal Rapport >||Ultimately, you want a realtor you like. You'll be spending a lot of time together, so choose someone you enjoy being around and who truly understands your needs.|
» Alaska Real Estate Market: 2023 Updates
Real Estate Professionals
There are certain points you need to keep in mind while choosing the right real estate brokerage for working
1. Commission Split
As we know, most realtors work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Brokers charge various commissions. (Some brokers do offer salaried positions, but they are rare.) While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $300,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. And this 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now you’re down to 3%, or $9,000. Then you must inform your broker. A 60/40 commission split means you get 60% of $9,000, or $5,400. Of course, this is pre-tax.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, the broker’s support and resources, and more. Also, understand the split and how you can increase your percentage over time. Remember that some brokerages now offer real estate agents a salary and benefits package, so you may want to shop around if this approach appeals to you.
Here is an example of a commission split for 5 companies:
|1. Keller Williams||70 / 30|
|2. RE/MAX||95/5, 80/20, 70/30, 60/40 (capping system)|
|3. Century 21||50/50, 70/30, 8% franchise fee (capping system)|
|4. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
Before choosing a real estate broker, consider your work environment. How much coworker support do I need? Like other businesses, real estate brokerages develop a culture that guides their operations.
Are you looking for a family-oriented, small-town brokerage? Or do you prefer a big-box franchise brokerage that leaves you to your own devices? Is it a weekly get-together or a company caravan? The best way to learn about a company’s culture is to talk to employees or attend company events.
3. Reputation of the Company
Begin your research by performing a buyer-like Google search as you want a brokerage with a solid market presence and a good reputation as you can rely on them to find leads if they have a large market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and the right broker can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate broker, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like RE/MAX and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized and based locally. Working for an independent real estate broker in Alaska gives you more freedom to run your business as you wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
For example, some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
Top Real Estate Companies to Work for in Alaska
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s discuss the 5 best real estate companies to work for in Alaska based on commissions, fees, training, brand recognition, and marketing efforts.
|Williams Realty Partners, Keller Williams||Agents looking for a high commission structure as well as opportunities for continuing education|
|Realty of Maine||Great work environment, Marketing, lead generation, and other tools for tech-savvy agents|
Sell your home In Alaska With Houzeo
A top real estate agent has a lot of clients in their pocket. Working with the largest or the biggest real estate company has its disadvantage. Often people have these two questions: ‘Real estate offices near me’ and ‘how to find a good real estate broker?’
However, keep in mind that even though you opt for one of the biggest real estate companies near you, the REALTOR’S experience might not be enough. As we have already read about the companies where the agent- experience may not be the same everywhere. Additionally, the agents may show interest in a deal only if the deal is extremely profitable.
In this case, a top-rated Flat Fee MLS listing service is invaluable in helping you reach your goals, whether you’re buying or selling a house for the first time or the fifth.
With Houzeo, instead of paying the average listing rate of around 3%, you’ll only pay a flat fee which will save you not only thousands of dollars but also give you a great buying-selling experience.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||5%-6%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
💰 With Houzeo, you save $12,000 more on an average U.S. home >> LIST NOW! <<
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
It has been a lot of fun to see a lot of digitally-driven real estate companies open and grow much faster than the real estate brokerages offering In-person full service in the last few years. So, if you’re buying or selling a house in Alaska, these next-generation platforms use technology to help you through the process, making it easier for you.
People have long known that technology is changing the real estate industry. Therefore, when used correctly, technology can give clients more valuable information, especially outside of the traditional way that people buy and sell homes.
Frequently Asked Questions
When Is the Best Time to Sell a House in Alaska?
If you're after the best sales price, the best month to sell in Alaska is June when houses sell for 9.24% more than average. If your priority is speed, May is the best time to sell because homes tend to sell 45 days faster.
How is the real estate market in Alaska?
In September 2022, home prices in Alaska were up 3.9% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $348,100. On average, the number of homes sold was down 23.1% year over year and there were 711 homes sold in September this year, down 925 homes sold in September last year.
- Who Pays Closing Costs in Alaska: Paying closing costs is important to finalize the real estate transaction. Read more to know your closing cost obligations.
- What are Typical Closing Costs in Alaska: Discover your closing cost obligations in the Golden State.
- Sellers Disclosure Alaska: Here’s Houzeo’s Guide on Seller Disclosures.
- Selling An Inherited House in Alaska: Find out the detailed points to consider while selling your Alaska inherited house.
For FL Home Sellers:
- Selling a House As Is in Alaska: Read our blog to know more on selling your house as-is in Alaska.
- Sell House Fast Alaska: Check out the best options to sell your Alaska home fast
- Sell My House Fast For Cash Alaska: Looking to sell your house fast for cash? Read more!
- Selling a Home by Owner in Alaska: Read our blog on how to sell your house without a realtor.
- Best Time to Sell a House in Alaska: Find out the best time to sell your Alaska house.
- Closing Cost for Seller in Alaska: This blog will answer all your questions about seller closing costs in Alaska and how to calculate and negotiate them.
- Alaska Home Sale Proceeds Calculator: Here’s Houzeo’s Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator.
For FL Home Buyers:
- Closing Costs Calculator for Buyer in Alaska: Here’s Houzeo’s Buyer’s Closing Cost Calculator.
- Buyer Closing Costs in Alaska: If you are a buyer, here are some closing costs you may have to pay when buying a house.
- How to Buy a House in Alaska with Bad Credit: Here’s our guide on how to get a house with bad credit.
Related Keywords: real estate companies in alaska, alaska real estate companies, real estate companies in southern alaska, top real estate companies in alaska, real estate agents in alaska, best real estate companies in alaska, best real estate company to work for in alaska, realtors in alaska, alaska real estate, housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, alaska realtors, alaska real estate listings, real estate alaska, homes for sale in alaska, fsbo.com reviews, foreclosure defense lawyer, alaska home inspector, staging home, home staging alaska, real estate photography alaska, real estate photographers in alaska, flat fee mls alaska, real estate websites alaska.