In June, the average residential sales price in Missouri increased by 12.1%. It is clear that the real estate market at the moment is booming for home sellers. Here is a detailed review of the best real estate companies in Missouri that will help you in your home selling process.
At a Glance: Top Real Estate Companies in Missouri
|Companies||Key Highlights||Customer Reviews|
|Houzeo||📱 Advanced Technology|
💲 Maximum savings
🌟 Stellar Customer Reviews
📃 Fast Listing Changes
|Murney Associates||🌳 Best for Local Experience||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
|Coldwell Banker Realty - Gundaker||👔 Most Established||⭐⭐⭐ ⭐ |
|Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty||💎 Best for Luxury Properties||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
|Keller Williams Greater Springfield||🏢 Best for Commercial Properties||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ |
Average Real Estate Commission in Missouri
In Missouri real estate commissions are between 1% to 6% of the home’s sales price. Typically, it is split evenly (50-50) between the listing agent and the buyer’s agent.
Real estate commissions have been falling rapidly, and Flat Fee MLS Listing Service Missouri like Houzeo.com offer a better approach to cost savings, convenience, and time to market.
💲 Skip The 3% Listing Agent Commission
Sell your home yourself with Houzeo technology for a Flat Fee of $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
Reviews: 5 Top Real Estate Companies in Missouri
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo provides the best combination of max savings, max exposure, cutting-edge tech, and 5-star customer service.
Houzeo for Home Sellers:
- Affordable Flat Fee: Save thousands in real estate commissions with Houzeo’s flat fee MLS packages. You can save more if your buyer is also unrepresented by an agent.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s technology is seller-centric, meaning that it is designed to simplify the complex process of listing a house. Houzeo is 100% online, which makes listing a home easy and quick.
- Virtual Full Service: Sellers can avail the services of a traditional real estate agent if they need help navigating through the selling process.
Houzeo for Home Buyers:
- Connect directly with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, without having to go through a realtor.
- Hi-tech Tools: Houzeo’s Closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits through the Houzeo mobile app.
- Buyer’s Rebate: Houzeo.com also offers buyer’s rebate. This rebate can then be used towards the closing costs.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any low commission real estate company we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Check out why Houzeo.com is your best bet for maximizing your home equity.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Murney Associates
🏡About: Murney Associates is a real estate company in Missouri with local expertise of the Springfield real estate market. The company specializes in leasing and management of commercial, residential, and ROE real estate. It has 440 associates that work for them all across Missouri.
For Home Sellers:
- Cost effective tips: experienced and professional sales staff will Enhance the marketability of your home and advise you on how to accentuate the positive features of your home providing a basis for the best marketing strategy to ensure a successful sale.
- Listing Service: Their policy of full cooperation with other real estate offices ensures your home will receive maximum exposure to potential buyers by Provides detailed computerized information about your home to thousands of agents in southeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
For Home Buyers:
- Financing your Home: Their trained and certified loan originators specialize in financing homes in the area real estate market. They are prepared to find the right loan program with competitive rates and low down payments for you.
👉Our Take: Murney Associates has an annual sales volume of over $700 million. Murney Associates would be a great choice for selling your home if you are looking for a real estate company in Missouri with regional expertise.
» Selling a house in Missouri: Here is the ultimate guide for everything you need to keep in mind before selling.
Not a lot of information was found regarding Murney Associates’ tech stack. At the moment, they do not have a functional mobile app on both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
Murney Associates have a rating of 5 out of 5 on Zillow.
Murney Associates provide services in the following areas:
- Greene County, MO
- Branson, MO
- Springfield, MO
- Willard, MO
- Ozark, MO
- Nixa, MO
- Rogersville, MO
- Republic, MO
- Battlefield, MO
- Fair Grove, MO
- Strafford, MO
3. Coldwell Banker Reality – Gundaker
About: Coldwell Banker Realty – Gundaker is one of the oldest realty companies in Saint Louis, MO. It was formed out of a merger between the local arm of Coldwell Banker and Gundaker Realtors, both of them previously ranking among the top 10 independent companies in the U.S.
For Home Sellers:
- Marketing: Coldwell Banker can help you determine a marketing strategy with the help of increased accuracy of market knowledge, advanced pricing tools, and access to comprehensive housing data.
- Local Agent: Agents with local expertise help you learn more about the current state of the housing market so you can price the house right to attract buyer interest.
For Home Buyers:
- Financing: From down payments to mortgage prequalification to understanding the type of house that will meet your needs and satisfy your wants, Coldwell Banker can help you make sure have your financial ducks in a row when preparing to buy a house.
👉Our Take: Coldwell Banker has been recognized as a real estate leader in customer experience and overall quality. Their Full Service Marketing System shows that they are reliable, professional, and committed to providing a level of service that goes above and beyond what their customers expect.
»Flat Fee MLS in St. Louis: Click here to find all about the best Flat Fee MLS services in St. Louis, Missouri.
Coldwell Banker has a mobile app that shows listings to users in their area, though this app is only functional in a few states. As a traditional real estate brokerage, their agents provide in-person support, and most aspects of the transactions take place offline.
If you are looking for a technologically advanced real estate company that allows you to monitor all the transaction steps, choose Houzeo.
List your Missouri property today: Houzeo is 100% online and lists your property on the local MLS within eight business hours.
Coldwell Banker Realty – Gundaker has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 on Zillow.
These are some of the areas in Missouri covered by Coldwell Banker Realty – Gundaker:
- Imperial Lake
- Lake St Louis
- Maryland Heights
- St Charles
- St Louis
- St Peters
4. Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty
🏡About: Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty is a real estate company in Missouri that has established itself in the luxury real estate market. They have more than 24,000 associates working for them and 100 offices spread across 75 countries and territories.
For Home Sellers:
- Global Reach: The homes represented by Sotheby’s benefit from the worldwide recognition and prestige of the Sotheby’s name and gain exclusive access to highly qualified global clientele.
- Unrivalled Marketing: Existing relationships with leading media outlets increase traffic to their site and generate exposure for listings. They distribute their listings to the most relevant websites around the globe and measure the impact with top analytic tools.
For Home Buyers:
- Access to local experts: With innovative technology and unrivalled service, Sotheby’s ensures that your home is connected with buyers, locally and worldwide.
- Curate: Curate by Sotheby’s International Realty allows consumers to visualize a house as their own before purchase, thereby curating the home buying experience.
👉 Our Take: Sotheby’s International Realty is a global real estate brand, with a global network of residential brokerage companies. Sellers reach a highly qualified global clientele — and their buyers receive access to remarkable properties and agents everywhere.
»REALTORS in Missouri: Click here to find out about the best Realtors in Missouri for selling your house at the best value.
No information was found regarding any dedicated mobile app by Dielmann Sotheby’s International reality for viewing local listings. Though, there were reports in 2018 of the company launching an augmented reality app called Curate for staging homes for sale.
Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty has a rating of 5 out of 5 on Zillow.
Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty provide services in the following areas in Missouri:
- Crystal City
- High Ridge
- House Springs
- Lake St. Louis
- Maryland Heights
- Moscow Mills
- Saint Albans
- St. Ann
- St. Charles
- St. Clair
- St. Louis
- St. Peters
- Ste. Genevieve
- Wright City
5. Keller Williams Greater Springfield
🏡About: Keller Williams is one of the top real estate companies to have come out in the last couple of decades. Keller Williams Realty was started in 1983 and since then has grown to have 183,000 associates in 1,060 offices across the country.
For Home Sellers:
- Experienced Agents: With Keller Williams, you’ll work with experienced real estate agents from listing to closing. Keller William’s real estate agents specialize in selling homes in all aspects of the process from pricing and staging to finding the right buyer.
- Technology: Keller Williams ensures a smooth real estate experience with an ecosystem like the Keller Cloud, powered by AI and machine learning. Keller Cloud helps agents to prioritize sellers’ goals, maximize lead generation, and gather insightful data to produce a truly effective go-to-market strategy for home-selling.
For Home Buyers:
- Professional Assistance: You will be assisted by skilled and knowledgeable real estate professionals. The agent will preview homes on your behalf, negotiate for the best price, keep you updated with market trends, and work throughout the process of finding your dream home.
- Advance Home Search: The technology of Keller Williams make the home search and buying an advanced experience for buyers. Technologies like State-of-the-Art, a management system of Keller Williams to track communication with every client help agents to better understand the buyer’s needs.
👉Our Take: Keller Williams Realtors is a well-known international real estate company that also happens to be the largest residential real estate firm in the United States of America. The brand has a culture that is agent-centric, technology-driven, and education-based, and it recognizes and rewards its agents for their contributions.
» For Sale By Owner Questions: 21 For sale by Owner questions, answered
Keller Williams has a dedicated mobile app that lets you search for listings in their neighborhood. You can work with a Keller Williams agent if a property of interest is narrowed down by the user. Their app is better than a lot of other established real estate companies as they are functional in a lot of states across America.
Keller Williams Greater Springfield has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Facebook.
These are some of the areas in Missouri covered by Keller Williams Greater Springfield:
Choose the Best from the Real Estate Companies in Missouri
Before deciding to work with a real estate company or an agent, you should review and research Missouri housing market trends.
For Home Sellers
There are multiple options while selling a house in Missouri that can help the customers. While FSBO could be a good option to save real estate agent commission, a drawback is that you will have to manage everything on your own. Thus, taking help of a real estate agent or broker may prove to be a good alternative considering the agent will help in the E2E process.
Considering multiple REALTORS in the state of Missouri, it may be difficult to select the right one. Many of these REALTORS are part of a real estate company, and thus choosing the right real estate company is crucial.
Here’s is what you need to consider before opting for a real estate brokerage:
|1. Inquire||When choosing a real estate company, inquire about the agents in the brokerage and their experience in the real estate domain.|
|2. Marketing Strategy||Question the marketing strategy, methods of communication, references, and connections a broker/brokerage has with other real estate professionals. Network is key.|
|3. Dedicated Professional||Make sure you opt for a brokerage that has dedicated real estate brokers who will help in E2E process.|
|4. Guidance||Ideally, a real estate company and its broker should be able to guide you through the process of searching and purchasing a house.|
|5. Local Realtor||Hiring a real estate company that has experienced local Realtors can be beneficial as these Realtors know in and out of the place where you want to sell ot buy home.|
Some additional pointers that can help in choosing the right real estate company:
|👱 Readily Available Agents||It is better to choose a brokerage that has flexible real estate agents and can work as per your comfort. Example: Showing Time flexibility is a big factor while selling your home and flexible agents can take care of that as per your convenience.|
|✍️ Offer Suggestions||Similarly, ask the real estate agent in Missouri if there are any improvements you could make to the house to make it more desirable. The best agents will often make these suggestions without your input.|
|😇 Local Expert||Already stated, a local real estate agent is always the best bet for the home sellers. The local agent will know about the neighborhood and the right price at which a house should be sold. This gives home sellers a satisfaction and more control over the real estate transaction.|
|👨👩👦 Taking help of friends and family||The sellers/buyers may discuss with their friends and relatives about the local real estate companies that are popular and effective.|
🏡 WANT TO TRY FSBO IN MISSOURI? Check out our guide on how to sell by owner in Missouri.
🌟 Looking For a Reputed Real Estate Company in Missouri?
Choose Houzeo! Houzeo is rated 4.9 stars on Google Reviews and Trustpilot. Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as less as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
For Home Buyers
Not only as a seller, you need to take care of selecting a real estate agent as a buyer. Again, you will have to primarily opt for an agent from a real estate company that makes your buying process simpler and easier. A keen observation and research is a must.
A specific set of abilities distinguishes the best real estate agents from the rest to buy houses in Missouri.
Here’s what you need to consider while hiring a real estate agent (part of a real estate company) as a homebuyer:
|Point to Remember||Description|
|Good Communication||Communication is an important factor between the real estate agent and the buyer. Make sure you opt for a real estate company that focuses on communication and has transparent real estate agents.|
|Reliable Experience||Reliability is one of the biggest factors when it comes to choosing a brokerage and agent. You would want to work with a real estate company that has made a mark in the industry and also has experienced individuals with plethora of experience in the real estate domain.|
|Strong Local Market Knowledge||As stated earlier as well, a local real estate broker is always a good option because he/she is well versed with the neighbourhood and has accurate data in place. If you find an agent, make sure you interview him/her with questions related to local market expertise. Having the local expertise can help homebuyers in multiple ways. Questions like average time on market, approximate sale price, etc. will help you identify the right agent.|
|Read Reviews||Thorough examination of real estate agent and company reviews should top your list. Reading reviews can give you a holistic picture and make you understand what advantage or disadvantage does a broker/brokerage has. This may not be deciphered from their website as every real estate company/broker poses the same picture to the clients.|
|Personal Rapport||As you will be spending a lot of your time with your real estate agent, make sure target the real estate company and broker that has a good rapport with the customers.|
For Real Estate Professionals
As a real estate professional, you would need to consider multiple features to be a part of a real estate company:
1. Commission Split
Most realtors in Missouri work on commission. You don’t get paid unless you sell. When you sell, you’ll split the profits with your broker. Brokers charge various commissions. While company culture, resources, market share, reputation, and support will all be important, you should choose a brokerage that offers you a commission split you can live with.
For Example: Let’s say you sell a $250,000 home and the average commission in your area is 6%. This 6% is split between the buyer and seller’s agents. Now, you’re down to 3% or $7,500. A 70/30 commission split means you get 70% of $7,500, or $5,250 while the remaining part goes to the brokerage.
What’s a good commission split?
Commission split depends on your industry, your market, support and resources, and much more. With experience, you can enter into a contract with the chosen brokerage to have a good commission split.
Here are a couple of examples of a commission split:
|1. RE/MAX||95 / 5 (This comes as cost for the agent)|
There are other plans as well – 60/40, 70/30, 80/20
|2. Coldwell Banker Real Estate||50/50, 60/40, 70/30 (capping system)|
2. Brokerage Culture
As a real estate professional, your priority is to get a good income and have a stable work environment. A great company culture can help the real estate agent with a good personal-professional life balance.
Looking for a small real estate brokerage that has competitive work environment or a large one with strict policies? The onus is on you to identify the right brokerage.
3. Reputation of the Company
Reputation of the company is one of the top factors to look for. You would want a brokerage that has both online and offline presence and has a name in the real estate market. A good brokerage will always provide you with leads if it has a market share.
The brokerage’s niche is also vital and can triple your income. Moreover, your ideal niche will likely be a mix of your interests, lifestyle, and local opportunities.
4. A Franchise or Independent Brokerage
When choosing a real estate company, consider whether you want to work for a franchise or an independent brokerage. Famous brokerages like Coldwell Banker and Keller Williams have offices nationwide.
A family-owned brokerage may have served a community for generations. However, franchises typically provide more support and training to their agents than independent firms.
Independent firms are usually small to medium-sized companies and are based locally. Working for an independent broker gives you more freedom to run your business as per your wish.
5. Receive Offer Support
Some brokerages provide extensive mentoring and free advertising. Other brokerages are merely stopgaps while you build your own business. Although you may attend an occasional sales training class or monthly brokerage meeting, you are on your own.
There are many variations between the two extremes, and it comes down to personal preference.
Best Real Estate Companies To Work For In Missouri
A real estate company employs licensed real estate agents who represent local buyers and sellers. Let’s shed some light on the best real estate companies to work for in Missouri:
|Houzeo||Agents looking for good exposure in technology can consider Houzeo. Also, the company provides multiple features and packages that can help them with proper income. Working with Houzeo will also give a good exposure considering it is slowly moving towards being a leading real estate company in the US.|
|Coldwell Banker Realty – Gundaker||Coldwell Banker Realty – Gundaker is one of the most well established and respected companies in Missouri. It was formed out of a merger between the local arm of Coldwell Banker and Gundaker Realtors, both of them previously ranking on top 10 independent companies in the U.S.|
|Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty||Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty would be a great choice to work for as a real estate professional in Missouri. They list some of the most exciting properties in MIssouri and their emphasis in social media marketing will ensure your reach as an agent is magnified if you perform well.|
Sell Your Home In Missouri With Houzeo
Hiring a real estate agent for real estate transaction could be expensive as you have to shell out nearly 6% in commission. This commission is hefty and is usually paid by the seller including seller and buyer agents. Other option is FSBO but it requires you to invest much time of yours.
In this case, a top-rated real estate agent is invaluable in helping you reach your goals, whether you’re buying or selling a house for the first time or the fifth.
Today, many Flat Fee MLS companies have come up that provide similar services at a reduced cost. Flat Fee MLS company like Houzeo makes a listing available on the MLS at a much reduced rate. The platform also provides A La Carte services at a nominal price. Thus, you save thousands of dollars with top-notch services.
|Price Comparison||Houzeo||Other Real Estate Companies|
|Listing Agent Commission / Fee||$349||3.0%|
|Recommended Buyer Agent Commission||2.5%||2.5% – 3.0%|
▶️ Click Here: What American Home Sellers Have To Say About Houzeo?
What Does Houzeo Offer? – A Quick Glimpse
|💻 Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat fee, and no commission for all DIY plans (except in minimum service states)|
|👩🏻💻 Offers typically are routed to the brokers. Houzeo’s Offers Platform allows your broker to present the offer to you instantly|
|💰 Houzeo Offers Platform allows sellers to Counter an Offer and Request Highest & Best Offers Online|
|📱 Houzeo Showings is available both on Houzeo’s website and on the Houzeo mobile app (learn more)|
|🕛 Available only on weekdays up to 1 pm, and only in select MLS’. After you’ve purchased the Gold or Platinum plans, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Expedited Listing Request: “. Service is free for Gold and Platinum plan customers|
Eager To Know How Houzeo Works?
Check out the following video for all the details you need:
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Traditional real estate companies are losing the war against Flat Fee MLS models with disruptive technology tools like Houzeo.com. In 2022’s unusually hot seller market, you should explore all options before deciding to sell with a real estate company.
Why pay 3% of your hard-earned equity in 2022 for MLS exposure if you can list your house for a flat rate?
The seemingly endless listing paperwork has been intuitively digitized in Houzeo so that you can list your house on the MLS with minimal clicks, usually under 60 minutes.
If you feel lost or need additional assistance during the process, you can check in with our 5-Star Customer Support team.
Resources for Selling Your Missouri Home
From pricing to listing to managing showings and negotiating offers, here’s our guide on how to sell a house by owner in Missouri.
Are you finding it hard to understand what are closing costs in Missouri? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
Companies that buy houses for cash in Missouri with instant offers and quick closing. Read this blog & find who’s #1
Are you finding it hard to understand the seller disclosures Missouri? Here’s our guide to making your house selling endeavor easier!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do real estate companies in Missouri do?
Real estate companies hire real estate professionals to assist buyers and sellers with their real estate transactions. The real estate companies in Missouri also provide property management services to the clients.
What are the different kinds of real estate companies in Missouri?
There are three types of real estate companies in Missouri:
1. Traditional Brokerages
2. Discount Real Estate Companies
3. Flat Fee MLS Companies
- Wholesaling Real Estate in Missouri: Wholesaling real estate can be one of the best options when starting real estate investing. Read to know how real estate wholesaling works in MO.
- Cost to Build a House in Missouri: More people than ever are choosing to build their homes rather than dealing with real estate companies. Discover why a home building is cheaper than buying a new one in MO.
- How Much are Closing Costs in MO: Discover your closing cost obligations in Missouri.
- Missouri Seller Closing Costs Calculator – Calculate your seller closing costs!
Related: housezo, houszeo, houzzeo, hozeo, real estate companies in kansas city missouri, real estate broker missouri, top real estate brokers missouri, real estate companies in missouri, best real estate brokers missouri, realtor missouri, best real estate companies in missouri, selling an inherited house in missouri, get preapproved for a mortgage, home appraisal fee missouri websites for sale by owner, home staging, get a cash offer for my house missouri, title policy definition, flat fee mls listing missouri, fsbo missouri, foreclosure, low cost real estate brokerage