The U.S. housing market is experiencing a significant shift. According to the Fed, interest rates might increase two times in the second half of 2023.
By the end of the year, you may have to settle for a much lower selling price. So, if you are ready, this is the time to list.
Why Should I Sell My House Now?
The current real estate market is favorable for sellers. Home prices are high, and inventory is low, which means that you could get the perfect price for your home.
- Best Month to Sell Home: April is the best month to sell. Houses spend less time on the market and sell for higher prices.
- When to Sell: Selling your house now will be a wise move as the current housing market is in high demand with low supply.
- List on MLS List on the MLS with Flat Fee MLS companies to get maximum exposure and maximum home sale savings.
Inventory is Low
The National Association of Realtors predicts a low housing inventory throughout 2023.
This is a sign you should sell your home because it means homes are in high demand. You’ll have more power to negotiate a better contract.
Possible Decline in Home Prices in the Future
The latest read on home prices shows they hit an all-time high, rising 2.3% from the same month last year.
That’s a more significant annual gain than the roughly 1% recorded; this comparison will likely be even more critical because prices began falling last August.
Home Sale has Increased
One great bonus of a strong seller’s market is that your home value may have increased with demand. Suppose your home appraised for a higher value than previously. In that case, consider cashing in on your home’s equity by selling.
If your home value has increased and you have built equity, you can make the profits while homes are in demand.
Steps to Sell Your House Faster
You understand why one should sell immediately, but let’s look at how to sell your house faster.
Step 1: Set a Timeline
Selling a house is a significant task that can take several months. Two months before listing your home, evaluate your finances and your budget.
Research the local market and establish the price range for your home. Check the sale price of recently sold properties, which can be found through local property records. This will help you to stay organized and can sell your property fast.
Step 2: Get on the MLS
Homes listed on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) tend to sell faster and for higher prices. Sellers in the For Sale by Owner market can use a Flat Fee service such as Houzeo to list properties.
Houzeo offers an affordable flat fee service at $399 to get your property listed. This listing will be live on the MLS in 24 hours.
We strongly recommend listing with a Flat Fee Listing service to sell your house fast for top dollar.
Step 3: List With Photos
According to Zillow, 79% of recent home buyers searched for their homes online.
In the online world, house photos are important as they create a first impression and are the best way to attract buyers. These professional photos will make your home look great wherever it’s advertised.
Three Ways to Sell Your Home
Let’s explore some ways to sell your home.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will sell you a list and selling a house by owner will save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also list you on the MLS and assist you with all paperwork.
- Sell to iBuyers/Cash Home Buyers: iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes throughout the U.S. Cash buyers make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours.
- Hire a Discount Real Estate Broker: Real estate brokers offer traditional broker’s services for a discounted commission. Low-commission real estate agents typically charge between 0.5% to 2% commission to list and sell your home.
Selling your house now in the current real estate market offers some advantages. Pricing has more potential power since the low inventory and homes are limited.
Increasing home prices, low inventory, and high demands make it the perfect time to get the best deal for your homes.
Eager to Know More?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand why Houzeo is one of the best for sale by owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why it is one of the best FSBO sites in America.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I sell my house now or wait until 2024?
Selling your house now will be a wise move as the current housing market is in high demand with low supply.
2. How fast I can sell my house?
You can sell your house quickly within 2 to 3 weeks if you list it on MLS and mark your property as "cash only." That way, cash home buyers can offer instant cash for your home and help you sell fast.
3. What is the fastest way to sell my house?
The fastest way to sell a house is by listing. You can list your home on Houzeo. An MLS listing via Houzeo will get you maximum exposure to home buyers, including cash buyers.