» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | Who are Discount Real Estate Brokers? | Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers | 4 More Ways to get Low Commissions | Choosing a Discount Real Estate Broker | Discount Real Estate Brokers who offer MLS | Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers | Final Word | FAQs
As of June 2022, the average time on market for a house in Atlanta is down from 21 days to 15 days. With the help of top discount real estate brokers in Atlanta, GA you can sell your house fast and save thousands of dollars in commissions!
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Atlanta, GA
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||Duffy Realty||< 1%|
|3.||Legends Realty Atlanta||1% |
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Atlanta
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo is an online tech company that offers real estate solutions. It provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Homesellers
- Affordable Flat Fee: Houzeo’s plans are typically a small flat fee. This will save you thousands. If your buyer is unrepresented, you also save the buyer agent commission.
- Listings on MLS: Listings get syndicated to the MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites. Houzeo also has nifty social media sharing tools. No other platform gives you this much exposure.
- Fully Virtual Service: Houzeo is 100% online. Listing is easy and changes are fast. So you can focus on what is most important – your sale.
Houzeo for Homebuyers
- Access to Listings without Agents: Houzeo lets buyers get access to all the nearby listings on MLS without working with an agent.
- Closing Costs Calculator: Houzeo’s unique Closing Costs Calculator lets buyers get an accurate final cost at the end of the buying process.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish the listing formalities in less than 60 mins.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo is available nationwide.
2. Duffy Realty
🌟 Top Rated
Why Duffy Realty is #2?
Duffy Realty is a low commission brokerage based in Atlanta. It has sold 42,000 homes and $178 million worth of real in 2021 alone.
Duffy Realty for Homesellers
- Lower Commissions: Duffy Realty charges a listing commission of 7/8ths of 1%. This is considerably less than the market average of 3%.
- Additional Services: Duffy Realty provides additional staging, supralockbox, yard and directional sign services.
- Short Sale: If homesellers are looking to sell their house by short sale, Duffy Realty has trained short sale agents to effectively close the deal.
Duffy Realty for Homebuyers
- Buyer Incentives: Duffy Realty splits half of its commissions with you as the homebuyer.
- Access to Off Market Properties: Duffy Realty promises its homebuyers access to great properties that are not listed online.
- Guidance with Lenders: With its 20 years of experience, Duffy has accrued insights that it uses to help homebuyers save on lender’s hidden costs.
👉 Our Take: Duffy Realty is a great option if you are looking for a real estate discount brokerage in Atlanta that charges minimum commission fees with maximum local insights and guidance.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Listing Atlanta, GA, Services: Click here to find all about the best Flat Fee MLS Listing Services in Atlanta, GA.
- Less than 1% Commissions for homesellers
- Half of agent commissions as Buyer Incentives for homebuyers
- 30 years worth of local guidance
- Good customer feedback
- No dedicated mobile app for viewing or making listings
Duffy Realty has a rating of 4.7 out of 5 on Facebook.
Duffy Realty provides its services mainly in the Metro Atlanta region.
3. Legends Realty Atlanta
🌳 LOCAL EXPERTS
Legends Realty Atlanta
Why Legends Realty Atlanta is #3?
Legends Realty Atlanta is a discount real estate company founded by Bob Bennett, a 5 generation Atlanta native with 32 years of experience being a Georgia Realtor.
Legends Realty Atlanta for Homesellers
- Low Commissions: Legends Realty Atlanta charges a Listing commission of 1%. This is significantly less than what is charged in the real estate market.
- Access to MLS and Local Websites: With Legends Realty Atlanta you get access not only to MLS but also local Atlanta websites such as Harry Norman, Ansley Atlanta, etc.
- Full Service: The company helps homesellers with everything, be it access to MLS to marketing for the house to potential homebuyers.
Legends Realty Atlanta for Homebuyers
- Buyer Rebates: Legends Realty Atlanta offers buyer rebates of 33% of their commissions on resale homes, and 50% on New Construction homes.
👉 Our Take: Legend Realty is worth considering as an option for its low commissions and exposure it provides to the homesellers. The 33% of their commissions for resale homes, instead of 50%, means a lower incentive for homebuyers.
» How To Sell My House Fast Atlanta, GA: Here IS What You Can Do!
- Low Commissions for homeellers
- Rebates for homebuyers
- Maximum Local Exposure
- Full Service Brokerage
- Run by a realtor with 32 years of experience in Georgia
Not enough credible reviews could be found for this discount real estate broker in Atlanta.
Legends Realty Atlanta provides services only in Atlanta.
💻 GOOD TECHNOLOGY | GREAT SERVICES
Redfin is known for its technology when compared with other realtors with low commission. They have a great user interface with features like Redfin home search and a platform to provide full-service brokerage.
Redfin for Home Sellers
- Packages: Redfin offers 4 different packages with a range of services to sellers. However, it must be noted that all plans also have varying seller agent commissions. For instance, the listing commission of the “Full Service” plan is 1.5 percent, while for the “Concierge” plan, it is 2 percent of the sale price.
- Add-on services: These add-on services include a real estate photographer, home search tool, MLS listing, open house schedule, yard sign, and much more.
- Sales Proceeds Calculator: With this feature, the seller can calculate the sales proceeds they will receive by entering an estimate of the sale price, outstanding mortgage, and the property’s location.
Redfin for Home Buyers
- Frequent Listings Update: Redfin claims that they update their listings every 5 mins. This may give the buyers prompt access to more listings, increasing options.
- Affordability Calculator: With this tool, buyers can calculate their budget by adding information like annual household income, monthly debts, debt-to-income ratio, down payment, etc.
- Buyer Rebate: The firm offers a buyer rebate as “Redfin Refund” in certain states. However, the buyer is eligible for the refund only if the commission exceeds 1% of the sale price or is more than $6500.
👉 Our Take: Redfin agents may not be able to give personalized attention due to a high volume of clients. Additionally, it takes almost 18 days to get a property listed on the MLS, according to Redfin’s listing agreement, while Houzeo.com lists it in 8 business hours.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1.5% Fees, Pros, Alternatives
- Strong technology
- Thorough listing agreement
- Detailed paperwork
- Holistic services
- Buyer Rebate of 0.5% (in case of Full-Service plan) if you buy and sell with them
- Cash offer feature available
- Full-service brokerage
- Slow listing process
- Average customer service
- Limited agent selection (according to negative redfin reviews)
Redfin has an average rating of 3.2 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs, Yelp, and Google.
Redfin has a reach in 80+ markets giving it a near-nationwide coverage.
💹 TOP RISING
Founded in 2011, Trelora has quickly risen to the ranks to become a well-regarded real estate discount brokerage. The firm has built a reputation for upfront service and zero hidden costs.
Trelora for Home Sellers
- Low Commissions: Trelora charges home sellers 1.5% of the listing price as the commission. This is much lower than the real estate industry standard.
- Technology: Their propriety software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and simple, though not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
Trelora for Home Buyers
- Buyer’s Refunds: Working with Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $3000.
- No Upfront Costs: Buyers do not have to pay Trelora any upfront fee.
👉 Our Take: Trelora assigns a team of real estate professionals to handle a single client. This can lead to a less personalized experience and miscommunication. With Houzeo.com, all your information is available on your dashboard. Moreover, Houzeo.com has a proven track record of customer service and less turn-around-time.
» Trelora Reviews: Here is everything you need to know about Trelora.
- Commission rebate for buyers
- Average service due to low number of agents
- Restricted coverage
- Poor customer support
- Average technology
Trelora has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Zillow.
Trelora realty offers services across seven states in the USA, including AZ, CO, GA, MO, NC, SC, and WA.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
Everything You Should Know About Selling with Discount Real Estate Brokers in Atlanta
What are Discount/ Low Commission Real Estate Brokers & Companies?
Discount real estate brokers or low commission real estate agents are real estate agents that provide specific services for a discounted fee. Instead of charging the seller standard agent commission of 3% (listing agent commission), low-cost realtors will work for less (such as a 1%-2% commission or a pre-defined flat fee) and provide restricted services. The reduced fee can easily save sellers a good amount of money.
Discount real estate realtors in Atlanta typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Atlanta
There are four types of low-commission real estate agents:
1. Flat Fee MLS Brokers
A flat fee MLS listing company or service is nothing but a registered real estate agent with a low commission or discounted broker/that lists your home on the MLS for an upfront flat fee.
The seller and the broker agree on a la carte services, and the broker takes a flat fee instead of a percentage of the home’s sale price. Say you want to sell a $500,000 home. A traditional agent will charge you between 2% and 3% of the sale price. That’s 15 grand!
With a flat-fee MLS Listing in Atlanta, you’ll pay an average of $300, which includes listing and marketing. Even if you choose to add services like pricing and buyer negotiations, you will still save money.
Want Traditional Realtor’s Service With Minimal Interaction?
👉 Houzeo makes it possible!
Houzeo makes deals with top-rated, local agents across the country to get them to give you lower prices on Houzeo’s cutting-edge technology and 100% online platform. Houzeo’s tech-centric broker partners charge just the upfront flat-fee, and no commission for all DIY plans.
2. Virtual Full-Service Agents
Think of everything a traditional agent does, from listing your property, marketing it, pricing it, negotiating with buyers, and closing it.
An online discount broker- full service does all that – online. Because of their cloud-based presence, they have many advantages such as lesser fees, discounted commissions, and much better management and marketing support. Many MLS listing companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online.
- ✍️ SAVE: A virtual full service company will not provide any in-person agent support, meaning, you will have to take over most of the groundwork. It may not be the best option for a first time seller. .
3. Flat Rate Low Commission
You can choose a low commission (flat-rate) agent in some markets. For a flat fee of $3,000 to $6,000, the agent will sell your home. The flat rate is usually based on how much the house is worth and how well the agent does their job. In this case, there is no percentage listing fee. Everything has a fixed price. Homie is one of the best examples of a real estate broker with a flat rate listing of $3500 and a low commission rate. Since Homie doesn’t offer as many services as a full-service real estate agent, it can easily make up for the lower prices it charges.
Think about the following situation: The price on the list is $450,000. With a flat-rate model, the agent’s commission fee stays the same no matter what happens, even if you agree to sell your home for less money. This is because it is a flat rate that doesn’t depend on how much the house is sold.
Before you hire a flat fee realtor in Atlanta, GA you should find out what kind of service you can expect from the company. Make sure you’ve read the contract all the way through before you sign it. Some services, like consultation, professional photography, yard signs, and other marketing materials might be included in the flat fee, but this is not guaranteed.
So, if you don’t include them in your budget, you may have to pay a lot of money out of your own pocket. Any contract with a flat-fee agent needs to be read carefully, especially the small print. Also, keep in mind that even if you use a flat-rate agent, you will still have to pay the buyer’s agent fees, which will be between 2.5 and 3 percent.
4. Discounted Commission Full-Service Real Estate Agents
Full-service discount brokers offer many of the same services as traditional realtors for a low listing fee or flat rate, but they don’t charge as much. When a house is sold, they give the seller money back in the form of a discount on their commissions.
For example, if a full-service discount broker charges 1.5 percent of the sale price instead of the standard 2.5 percent of the sale price on a $450,000 house, you will save $4,500 in commissions. There are many discount real estate brokers, but they are not all the same.
Some have a lot more value and a lot less risk than others. But in most businesses, you have to take what you can get. All of these things could happen if there aren’t many services, if there’s less support, if agents don’t have much experience, and if there’s not much to choose from.
👍 BETTER IN ALL – AGENTS, SERVICES & SAVINGS!
Why pay a higher commission for a lower service? With Houzeo you can get better services at an affordable price!!
- 👩💼Qualified and Reputed Agents
- 💰You list your home at a very reasonable price within 24 hours
- 📣 Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other sites
- ⭐ 5-Star Customer Support
- ❌ You can cancel anytime with no obligation
4 More Ways To Get Discounted Realtor Fees
Are you a good negotiator? In fact, commissions in the real estate industry can be negotiated. Even if the company is a flat-rate discounter, you can always ask for a few minor tweaks. You can lower the amount you pay by a wide range of factors, including the location of your property, its condition, and the brokerage.
Houzeo, a low-cost real estate company, can save you tens of thousands of dollars in commissions while still providing excellent service. If you want to lower your commission, keep reading to learn how:
Average Area Commission
Know your leverage before negotiating. For example, the real estate commission in Atlanta, GA is 5.98%, which is slightly lower than the national average. Lowering your overall commission might not be possible. Once you know your reference point, negotiations can get a lot more reasonable.
Buying and Selling With the same Discount Brokerage
Using the same discount brokerage or company to buy and sell has its own set of advantages. It makes you more likely to be repeat customers, giving you more chances to get refunds and cheaper commissions. For example, Landfall Properties, an MLS listing company, offers a rebate that can only be applied to your next purchase with the same company.
Pick the right type of discount broker
For example, picking a flat rate discount broker may not be the best option if your house is priced on the lower end. You will wind up losing more, instead, for maximum savings, you can pick a flat fee MLS company.
Buyer Agent Fees
Almost all buyers work with an agent. For maximum savings, offer a competitive buyer agent commission. Once you cut out the risk factor of selling the house, your listing agent will be more comfortable with lowering their fee.
How to choose a Low commission/ Discount Real Estate Broker, Brokerage, or Company?
To find discount real estate brokers in Atlanta, GA look for a low-commission brand. Check for services and top companies. You will be assigned a low-commission real estate agent based on brokerage policies. As a seller, you can choose the right broker. Then you can use the chosen broker.
Low Commission Real Estate Agents/ Discount Realtors Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a low commission brokerage, you would want to know its coverage. All the low-commission real estate agent providers do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
Alternatives to Discount/Low commission Real Estate Agents
A traditional agent assists you in buying, selling, renting, and all other aspects of real estate. A listing agent and a buyer agent are two types of traditional agents. Agents operate for brokerages and companies or under the supervision of a qualified broker.
Let’s get down to business with their commissions. The average overall commission fee for selling a home is 5%. This is deducted from the seller’s proceeds and shared between the listing and buyer agents. The commission rate changes on a regular basis and is determined by the location of your property.
The listing agent assists the seller in the sale and marketing of their home. The buyer’s agent, on the other hand, brings in clients who buy the house. They each get 2.5 percent after closing for a total of 5%.
An instant buyer, often known as an iBuyer, is a corporation that buys houses for sale for a cash offer. Unlike the usual way, the major goal is to sell it swiftly and efficiently. They employ cutting-edge technology and provide you with complete closing flexibility.
They make reasonable offers, although with a large service cost. Most iBuyers charge additional closing fees, which can easily push your commissions up to 12%! For example, Redfin Now charges up to 13% in service fees, 3% in maintenance fees, and 1% in closing costs, which can potentially total up to a staggering 17 percent!
iBuyers have their own set of rules, with costs that aren’t necessarily in line with market norms. It is always better to pick a discount real estate broker instead and save thousands of dollars!
» Companies That Buy Houses For Cash In Atlanta, GA: Top 8!
For Sale By Owner
As the term indicates, a for sale by owner property is one that is sold by the owner without the assistance of a listing agent or real estate broker. It’s the most cost-effective approach to avoid commissions and selling your house quickly. FSBO is ideal for sellers with some experience with the selling process and marketing. The best way to FSBO is to list on the Multiple Listing Service. Their large database allows them to market your home to agents all throughout the country, allowing it to sell faster and with the most exposure possible.
»READ: Best for sale by owner websites in 2022!
Let’s Find Out How Houzeo Works
Real estate bargain brokers fall midway between a for-sale-by-owner and a full-service agency. With MLS listing packages starting at $349 and cutting-edge technology that allows you to manage your property, review offers, counter, and manage showings online and via their mobile app, Houzeo delivers the best of both worlds.
Check out the following video to understand: What is Houzeo? How does it work? And, why it is the best FSBO & Flat Fee MLS platform out there?
There are a number of low-cost realtors, online low-commission real estate agents, and discount real estate brokers in Atlanta present in the market today that provides unique features. For a seller, it is recommended to check on pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology to select a particular broker.
While there is close competition between the umpteen Atlanta discount realtors, Houzeo comes out to be a clear winner. With Houzeo, you get almost everything you require to sell your property. Not only sellers, but Houzeo also helps buyers with a lot of add-on features.
Moreover, Houzeo is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs. Additionally, the platform is one of the leading Flat-Fee MLS providers that has changed the way FSBO works in the real estate industry.
» Selling A House In Georgia: Here’s What You NEED to Know
Frequently Asked Questions
Do discount real estate brokers in Atlanta, GA need to be licensed?
Yes, all real estate professionals in the state of Georgia have to undergo examinations, finish the required coursework, and submit to background checks in order to become a professional in the field.
How much do real estate agents make in GA?
The average base salary of real estate agents in Georgia is $102,896.
How much commission does a realtor make in GA?
A realtor in Georgia generally makes around 6%.
Related: flat fee listing atlanta, flat fee real estate brokers atlanta, flat fee listing georgia, flat fee real estate brokers in georgia, flat fee mls atlanta, atlanta mls listings, mls listings atlanta, selling a house as is in atlanta, atlanta real estate agents low commission realtor, atlanta discount real estate brokers, how to sell a house by owner in Atlanta, ga, discount real estate brokers, homelight real estateUncategorized