From Buckhead to Peachtree Heights, home sellers across Atlanta dread the 6% real estate agent commission. Traditional listing agents charge a commission of 3% of the sale price.
However, you can save thousands by hiring a discount real estate broker when selling your home in Atlanta.
⚡Understanding Discount Brokers
- Who is a Discount Broker? A discount broker provides all real estate services like a traditional broker for a low commission of 0.5% to 2%.
- Understanding the Discount: The discount is on the listing fee. You still have to pay the buyer agent commission.
- Can You Negotiate Brokerage Fee? Yes! You can negotiate brokerage fees with your agent. Before you do, make sure you offer a full buyer’s agent fee.
- Alternatives: You can list on the MLS using Flat Fee MLS companies like Houzeo. It is 100% online and automated to cater to various seller needs.
We’ve spent thousands of hours researching discount real estate brokers and compiled our list of the best discount real estate brokers.
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Atlanta, GA
|Discount Real Estate Broker / Company
|$399 Flat Fee
|Legends Realty Atlanta
Reviews: 5 Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Atlanta, GA
Houzeo is a top technology-driven real estate platform. It offers 4 different packages:
- Bronze Package ($399+): This package lets you list your house for 6 months. You can upload 24 house photos.
- Silver Package ($399+): List your home for six months and post maximum photos. Unlimited open houses and listing modifications are included in this package.
- Gold Package ($429+): This gives you all the benefits of the Silver package. It also allows you with advanced tech support.
- Platinum ($499+): This package offers virtual full-service support with a licensed broker. These brokers will assist you in negotiations, disclosures, and closing.
👉 Our Take: We recommend Houzeo for all home sellers. The company has an excellent customer rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars. It has extensive coverage across 47 states + DC, a feat achieved by only a handful of other services.
» Houzeo Reviews: Houzeo is 100% online. You can finish listing formalities in less than 60 minutes.
These are the key features that make Houzeo one of the top discount real estate brokers:
- Significant Commission Savings: In most states, you will pay just a small flat fee to list on MLS. On average, home sellers who used Houzeo saved $11,490.
- No Hidden Fees: All costs are disclosed upfront so you don’t have to worry about hidden charges.
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo operates in 47 states and DC, with ongoing plans for expansion.
- Max Exposure: Houzeo packages give you access to renowned MLS companies.
- Advanced Technology: Eliminate the hassle of extensive paperwork. E-signature and online forms make house listing quick and easy.
- 5-star Customer Service: Dedicated customer support addresses your every concern easy.
- Mobile App: Houzeo’s mobile app lets you manage showing requests from verified buyers and buyer agents. You can either accept, reject, or reschedule showings at your convenience.
Houzeo Reviews: With over 5,000+ happy customers, Houzeo is the most trusted discount real estate broker.
Houzeo is America’s #1 ranked real estate brokerage company. It provides an unbeatable combination of max savings, 5-star customer support, and cutting-edge technology.
Houzeo’s flat fee feature helps you save thousands on agent commissions. You also get dedicated customer support that makes the home-selling process much easier and effortless.
2. Duffy Realty
Duffy Realty is a low-commission brokerage based in Atlanta.
For Home Sellers:
- Less than 1% Commission: For a 1% commission you get benefits such as price recommendations, listing paperwork assistance, house showing instructions, etc. The company provides all disclosures needed and resolves any last-minute issues.
For Home Buyers:
- 1.5% Buyer’s Rebate: Buyers who purchase a home through Duffy Realty can save 1.5% in commission.
👉 Our Take: Duffy Realty provides you with information on current zonal laws and local market updates. You also get a free mobile app to handle your transactions with ease. However, you will not be able to use their services out of Atlanta.
Duffy Realty offers certain advantages:
- Low Commission: The company charges a 1% listing commission, less than the average market rate of 3%. Also, you get access to various services, from house listing to deal closing.
- Local Listing: Duffy Realty lists your property on Metro Atlanta multiple listing services. This helps you get maximum visibility from local buyers.
- Free Mobile App: Android and iOS users can download their mobile app for free. You can keep track of your transactions at all steps.
Duffy Realty has a few deal breakers:
- Restricted Coverage: Duffy Realty offers its services only in Atlanta. This may limit the potential buyer pool.
- Additional Expenses: You need to pay extra to hire a photographer. House photos are priced at $175 while land photos cost you $250.
Duffy Realty has a rating of 5 out of 5 stars on Google.
Duffy Realty was established by Ms. Ronda Duffy in 2002. You can list your house for less than 1%. This is considerably less than the market average of 3%.
Duffy Realty solely operates in Atlanta. It does not provide a mobile app to view or edit listings. This makes the home selling process time-consuming.
3. Legends Realty Atlanta
Legends Realty Atlanta is a discount real estate brokerage.
For Home Sellers:
- 1% Commission: You will be charged a 1% commission of the total home sale value at closing. This package includes services like a customized marketing plan, MLS listing, and experienced agent guidance.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: A 1% rebate is offered on resale houses and 1.5% on new construction houses. Buyers get a rebate from the buyer’s agent commission.
👉 Our Take: Legend Realty Atlanta offers traditional home-selling services at a low commission. However, it has no online reviews or ratings. This makes them less reliable.
Legends Realty Atlanta offers certain advantages:
- Low Commission: You pay a 1% agent commission. It is subsequently lower than the other brokerages.
- Maximum Market Exposure: Your house gets listed on renowned MLS like Zillow and Realtor. You also get access to local Atlanta websites such as Harry Norman, and Ansley Atlanta.
- 20+ Years Experience: Mr. Bob Bennett (owner) has more than 23 years of experience in the real estate market. He can give valuable market insights for home selling and buying.
Legends Realty Atlanta has certain downfalls:
- Outdated Website: Buyers or sellers may find it difficult to navigate its website. This would make the user frustrated and time-consuming.
- Limited Coverage: It offers services only in Atlanta. This reduces the possibility to attract prospective buyers.
- No Credible Reviews: Legends Realty Atlanta has not been rated or reviewed on any online platforms. This could leave their service questionable.
No credible reviews were found for Legends Realty Atlanta.
Mr. Bob Bennett is the owner of Legends Realty Atlanta. He provides his unmatched personal service throughout the transaction. The company focuses on servicing north Atlanta home sellers, and home buyers.
Your property gets maximum exposure on local and national real estate websites. However, they do not confirm about offering other services like HD photographs, home showings, etc.
Redfin is the largest discount real estate company. It offers a single listing package for their buyers and sellers:
- Listing Price: Redfin charges a 1% listing fee if you buy and sell a house with them. It charges a 1.5% listing fee if you decide to just sell your house with Redfin.
👉Our Take: Redfin is a technology-based platform. It helps them to maintain transparency & manage the client’s database seamlessly. However, you may not get full attention due to their high customer volume.
» Is Redfin Legit? Please read our blog to know more.
Redfin offers the following advantages:
- Competitive Pricing: You pay a listing fee of 1% if you decide to buy & sell with Redfin.
- Updated Technology: Redfin provides a mobile app, 3D walkthrough, relevant filters, etc. This makes the real estate transaction seamless.
- Expert Team: The expert team members help you close the deal as quickly as possible.
- National Presence: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
» Redfin Pros and Cons: Read about the advantages and drawbacks before dealing with Redfin.
Redfin has the following disadvantages:
- Pricing Inaccuracy: Many sellers have complained about certain factors not getting considered during valuation. These factors include: lot area, a gated compound, or a city location.
- Long Time for Listing: As per Redfin’s agreement, it takes almost 15-18 days to verify the seller’s property and list their house.
- Lack in Customer Service: Due to high customer volume it lacks personal attention.
Redfin was headquartered in Seattle in 2002 by Mr. David Eraker. It covers 80+ markets in the US. They have an operating business license in New York as Redfin Real Estate.
It provides an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan for your home. However, this agreement specifies an 18-day timeframe for listing your property. Additionally, some customers have expressed concerns about the agent’s professionalism.
Trelora is a full-service realty that offers services to home sellers at discounted rates. The company strives to modernize home ownership through the use of technology.
For Home Sellers:
Trelora offers two listing packages for sellers:
- Trelora EasySell ($2,500): This package is available only through Trelora’s mobile app, where sellers can get full virtual service for a flat fee.
- In-Person Full Service (1% Commission): This package offers in-person full service for a commission of 1% of the sale price at closing.
For Home Buyers:
- Buyer’s Rebate: With Trelora, home buyers can get a rebate of up to $2,500 by bundling the mortgage and title.
Coverage: Trelora offers services only in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington.
👉 Our Take: Trelora offers full-service assistance for home sellers. However, it does lack multiple agent assistance.
Trelora offers certain advantages:
- Good Add-On Features: It offers add-on features like listing consultation, professional photography, and negotiation assistance.
- Good Technology: The company’s software claims to make the process for home sellers digital and straightforward. However, not much information was found on the specifics of their tech stack.
» What is Trelora? Check this out before choosing them.
Below are some of the significant drawbacks of using Trelora:
- Multiple Agents Assistance: Trelora agents handle multiple clients to save on operating costs. Different low-cost real estate agents assist you at every sale stage, leading to better communication.
- Poor Customer Support: Customers who have worked with the company have complained about poor customer service quality.
Joshua Hunt established Trelora in 2011. It is headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Trelora was acquired by Houwzer, a prominent real estate firm, in December 2022.
Trelora does not assign a dedicated agent to home sellers. They connect with a different agent at every step of the process. This may lead to delays, mistakes, and miscommunication.
What Are Discount Brokers and Companies?
Discount real estate brokers are companies or agents who sell your home for less than the standard 2.5% to 3% commission. Sellers receive basic real estate services at a pre-negotiated fee of 0.5% to 2% or even a flat fee.
The reduced fee can easily save sellers thousands in commissions.
You may be now wondering if their services are comparable to those of a traditional Realtor at this point. Discount real estate brokers typically offer the same services as full-service brokers. The key difference is in pricing.
🤔 Do you offer buyer agent commission to discount brokerages?
YES! Most real estate discount brokers and brokerages will recommend you pay a full buyer agent fee. It is typically between 2% and 3% in most states.
It is vital to pay a competitive commission to the buyer’s agent. This will ensure you sell your home quickly while still receiving the best price possible.
Types of Discount Brokers
Find a discount real estate broker that fits your budget and saves you the most money! The four major types of real estate discount brokerages and companies are as follows:
1. Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS companies get you on the MLS for a small flat fee saving you thousands in commissions. Best Flat Fee MLS listing companies like Houzeo can get you on the MLS within 48 hours, or even faster!
2. Flat Rate Full-Service Companies: These companies charge a fixed fee instead of the regular 3% commission. This amount can be anywhere between $3,000 and $5,000. A flat rate Realtor is perfect for homes priced on the higher end.
3. Low Commission Estate Agents: Low commission discount brokers offer full-service packages. These are usually priced at 1% or 2%. They cover everything from listing, negotiations, and pricing.
4. Virtual Full Service: A virtual full-service discount broker handles everything online. Companies like Houzeo, also provide full-service options that are 100% online. All services including price negotiation and marketing support are at no additional cost.
Pros and Cons of a Discount Realtor
The primary benefit of working with discount real estate brokers is that they have lower overhead costs. However, a discount broker may not have as much time to communicate. They juggle many clients and may not be available for your queries.
- Reduced Fees: You’ll pay less for listing costs. While standard brokers typically charge at least 3%, discount brokers may charge as little as 0.5% to 1%.
- Full Access to Basic Real Estate Services: You receive the same basic services as you would with a traditional agent. They provide assistance with pricing, marketing, and negotiations.
- Streamlined Process: A low-cost Realtor facilitates the selling process. They are motivated to work efficiently and eliminate all unnecessary steps from the sales process.
- Not Enough Savings: Some discount brokerages may charge hidden fees or sell their services a la carte. This might add to your expenses.
- Not for First-Time Sellers: Most discount real estate brokerages are digital, so you almost never have to talk to anyone in-person. A first-time seller or buyer who needs some hand-holding may not be able to benefit much.
- Lack of Personal Attention: Discount Realtors handle multiple clients at once to make up for the reduced commission rate. They may not be able to provide personalized services.
- High Cancellation Fee: A discount realty company can charge a minimum withdrawal fee within a specified period of time. Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the contract before signing.
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free”. But in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Because you pay the commission, this amount comes out of your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as an informational real estate website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free”, 25% to 40% of your commission will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee”.
» Clever Real Estate: Check out what you lose when you sell or buy with Clever!
💸 Save Thousands in REALTOR Commission
Sell your house with Houzeo.com for a small flat fee – as low as $349!
START YOUR MLS LISTING NOW
How to Choose a Discount Realtor or Company?
It is essential to select the right real estate agent for your home-selling journey. The following are a couple of pointers to assist you with picking the ideal discount broker or company.
1. Savings: Discount real estate brokers in Atlanta, GA have a variety of pricing structures. So, choose one that maximizes savings while still providing all of the services you require.
3. Customer Reviews: Check for online customer reviews. This helps you to get an idea of the kind of services you are going to receive.
How Much Can I Save With a Discount Realtor?
As a seller, you can save anywhere between $1,632 and $ 6,680.
Typically, home sellers pay 6% of total realtor commissions. The total commission is divided between the listing agent (3%) and the buyer’s agent (3%). Discount real estate brokers pre-negotiate a reduced listing agent commission of 1% to 2%.
Therefore, you save a commission of 4% to 5% on your home sale.
As a home buyer, you get a buyer’s rebate – a type of cashback received after the sale. A typical buyer rebate is 1% to 2% of the home’s purchase price. For example, Redfin offers a buyer rebate of 0.5%.
However, in order to qualify for this buyer rebate, buyers must fulfill specific requirements. The most important is the minimum price range.
🤔 What is a home buyer rebate?
A Realtor rebate is a type of cashback you receive as a buyer. Some brokerages and agents offer these rebates as an incentive to attract more buyers. Buyer rebates are allowed in 40 states.
Who Should Use a Discount Broker?
Discount Brokers are ideal for sellers and buyers who want to focus on savings.
- Sellers on a Tight Budget: Homeowners who wish to save money might list with a low-fee Realtor. This can help them save big.
- Real Estate Investors: Real estate investors who frequently trade can benefit from low-commission discount brokers.
- House Flippers: Home flipping is a strategy where an investor purchases a property to renovate it and sell it for a profit. Home flippers can save thousands on agent commissions by selling via discount brokers.
Alternatives to Discount Real Estate Brokers in Atlanta, GA
Here are some options if you do not want to opt for a discount Realtor in Atlanta.
- Flat Fee MLS Companies: Flat Fee MLS Atlanta companies list your property on your local MLS for a flat fee of a few hundred dollars. You can save on commissions and also take advantage of their technology for a faster sale.
- List With a Full-Service Realtor: If you need hand-holding, we recommend you hire a full-service in-person Atlanta Realtor. You’ll get all the professional help you need, but you will end up paying a full 5% to 6% commission.
- Sell to an iBuyer: Many iBuyers, like Opendoor and Offerpad, purchase hundreds of homes in Atlanta and other Georgia markets. iBuyers can be a great option if you’re wondering how to sell my house fast in Atlanta.
- Sell to Cash Home Buyers: Individual cash home buyers and companies that buy houses for cash in Atlanta make all-cash offers, usually within 24 to 48 hours. Cash buyers let you skip the hassle of listing on the MLS, inspection, appraisal, etc.
- Sell For Sale By Owner: For Sale By Owner websites will help you list and sell a house by owner in Atlanta and save thousands in listing agent commission. Many FSBO websites will also get you listed on the MLS and help you with FSBO paperwork.
» Best FSBO Sites in Georgia: We’ve researched and reviewed all the best For Sale By Owner sites in Georgia. See our rankings!
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Are Discount Brokers Worth It?
YES! There are various advantages to using a discount real estate broker. Using a cheap brokerage can save you a lot of money. The commission savings can be significant.
There are several discounted real estate brokers on the market today, each with its own set of advantages. Examine factors such as listing fees, listing time, services provided, customer service, and coverage before you choose one.
With Houzeo, you can get your home on the MLS for a small flat fee. You get access to cutting-edge tools like offers dashboard, showings management, and many more to make your selling journey easy.
» List My House on MLS in Georgia: The fastest way to get on the MLS!
Eager to Know How Houzeo Works?
We’ve got you covered. Check out the following video to understand how Houzeo works and why it is one of the best For Sale By Owner websites in the U.S.
What is Houzeo?
An overview of what the platform is all about
» NEED MORE CLARITY? Read these exclusive Houzeo reviews and learn why the platform is the best in America’s competitive housing market.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do discount real estate brokers in Atlanta, GA need to be licensed?
Yes, all real estate professionals in Atlanta need a license to represent home sellers and buyers in real estate transactions.
How much commission does a realtor charge in Atlanta, GA?
A realtor in Atlanta generally charges around 6%.