1. Information you provide: When using the Services, you may provide information about yourself, such as name, address, phone number, email and details around a potential transaction. This may occur, for example, when you register on Houzeo, claim a home, correspond with a real estate agent or other service provider via the Services, or complete other forms, such as a loan request. You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email. We may combine this information with other information we collect from your interaction with the Services or from other companies. In addition, when you order products or services through the Services, Houzeo may collect your credit/debit card information. This information is secured using industry-standard encryption technology. Houzeo will use this information solely to complete your order and will not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete the order or comply with applicable law.
2. Restrictions and Additional Terms: You agree not to remove or modify any copyright or other intellectual property notices that appear in the Services. You will not use the Services for resale, service bureau, time-sharing or other similar purposes. Further:
Payments to Vendors, Including But Not Limited To, Real Estate Agents, Attorneys, Escrow Agents, Inspectors, Photographers, Title Companies, Mortgage Brokers, and Insurers. Houzeo will connect you with various vendors to assist you in your goals – reasons you signed up with Houzeo. In turn, if you are the home seller or home buyer, you, including all names on the property being sold or bought, and if the seller or buyer is a business or a trust, all employees, officers, management, stakeholders, designees, and trustees of such business or trust agree to the following terms:
You may work directly with various vendors Houzeo connects you with on any services purchased through Houzeo. This includes emailing and calling the vendors.
All additional services with these vendors, including but not limited to inspections, insurance purchases, listing, pricing and other services on any additional properties, or other services on the current property shall be purchased through Houzeo.
Any referrals you make shall be made and sent only to Houzeo, and not to the vendor(s) directly. Referrals may include but are not limited to your business affiliates, friends, family, and acquaintances.
Any payments due to vendors for services from buyer or seller or their referrals should be paid to Houzeo. Houzeo will then credit the vendor(s) for their part of the proceeds. No payments may be made directly to the vendors. This applies in perpetuity.
If you are a vendor providing real estate related services, you agree to not accept direct payments from users introduced to you via Houzeo, or their referrals.
Automated Queries. Automated queries (including screen and database scraping, spiders, robots, crawlers and any other automated activity with the purpose of obtaining information from the Services) are strictly prohibited on the Services, unless you have received express written permission from Houzeo. As a limited exception, publicly available search engines and similar Internet navigation tools ("Search Engines") may query the Services and provide an index with links to the Services' Web pages, only to the extent such unlicensed "fair use" is allowed by applicable copyright law. Search Engines are not permitted to query or search information protected by a security verification system ("captcha") which limits access to human users.
Other Service Providers. Houzeo leverages various third-party software and technology. The use of these technologies and software is subject to the respective third-party’s Terms, generally located on their website
5. The Role of Houzeo: Houzeo, Corp. is not a licensed real estate broker. Houzeo does not act as a real estate agent for you or any other user. Houzeo does not sell, buy, or negotiate the purchase, sale, or exchange of real property. Further, Houzeo does not lease or rent, offer to lease or rent, or negotiate the lease of real property or otherwise aid or assist in the lease of real property.
6. Mortgage Information Services and Other Real Estate Related Services.
Mortgages and Other Services. Houzeo allows consumers to provide anonymous information to banks, lenders, originators, loan brokers and their employees (collectively, the "Lenders") to request quotes on terms for home loans. Lenders may elect to respond to consumer requests with non-binding customized quotes of the terms they would offer to a borrower fitting the consumer's anonymous profile, as well as their contact information. These non-binding quotes are not intended to be Good Faith Estimates as defined in the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act. Houzeo also allows consumers to request that Lenders pre-approve them for home loans. When consumers submit the required information and request pre-approval from a participating Lender, Lenders may elect to respond based on parameters established by the Lender. Qualification for pre-approval does not constitute an offer to lend, a commitment for a loan, or a guarantee of specific rates or terms. If you, as a consumer, choose to contact a Lender through Houzeo by completing a contact request or other request form on Houzeo, you authorize Houzeo to provide your name and contact information and other identifying information you provide to the Lender you choose, along with your quote or pre-approval request. You acknowledge that, by submitting your contact request or other request form on Houzeo, you may receive telemarketing calls from or on behalf of the Lender you choose at the telephone number(s) you provide. By submitting your name, contact information and other identifying information, your identity will no longer be anonymous. Any loan or other business conducted is between you and the Lender.
The Role of Houzeo; Disclaimer.Houzeo is not a Lender, mortgage broker, loan originator, loan processor, or underwriter. Houzeo does not aid or assist borrowers in obtaining loans, solicit borrowers or Lenders for loans, offer or negotiate terms of loans, or make loans or credit decisions in connection with loans. Houzeo does not take applications for credit or issue pre-approval letters. Any request for quotes or pre-approval is not an application for credit. Houzeo does not endorse or recommend the products of any particular Lender. Nothing contained in the Services is an offer to lend or a commitment for a loan, and Houzeo does not guarantee any specific loan terms and conditions offered to consumers by a Lender will be granted, or that consumers will be offered any type of loan by any Lender. Houzeo is not an agent of either any consumer or any Lender. Houzeo is only providing an administrative service to consumers and participating Lenders. Decisions regarding pre-approval requests are made by participating Lenders and not Houzeo. Houzeo assumes no responsibility for any result or consequence related directly or indirectly to any action or inaction that consumers take based on the Services, and any other information available there. Interest rates provided through the Services are for information purposes only, and actual interest rates may vary.
Participating Lenders. The Lenders participating on Houzeo are solely responsible for their services to consumers. Houzeo shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with any consumers' use of the Houzeo Web site or the services offered by Lenders. Houzeo is not responsible for any errors or delays caused by consumers or any Lenders in the loan process. Houzeo reserves the right, at any time and in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, or terminate the participation of any Lender or other user from Houzeo.
7. Linked Materials and Third-Party Materials: The Services include links to third-party products, services and Web sites, as well as materials provided by third parties. Houzeo does not endorse, and takes no responsibility for such products, services, Web sites, and materials. You understand that Houzeo has no obligation to, and generally does not, approve or monitor materials provided by third parties through the Services. Your dealings with any third party arising in connection with the Services are solely between you and such third party, and Houzeo takes no responsibility for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your dealings with these third parties.
8. Claims of Copyright Infringement: Houzeo respects the intellectual property rights of others, and asks that everyone using the Services do the same. Anyone who believes that their work has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement may notify Houzeo's copyright agent in accordance with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), by providing the following information: (a) Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (b) Identification of the material that you claim is infringing and needs to be removed, including a description of where it is located on the Services so that the copyright agent can locate it; (c) Your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address, so that the copyright agent may contact you about your complaint; and (d) A signed statement that the above information is accurate; that you have a good faith belief that the identified use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf in this situation. Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent as follows: By mail: Houzeo, Corp., 155 E. 52nd St, Suite PHC, New York, NY 10022, Attention: Copyright Agent. By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you give notice of copyright infringement by text e-mail, Houzeo's copyright agent may begin investigating the alleged copyright infringement; however, we must receive your signed statement by mail or as an attachment to your e-mail before we are required to take any action.
9. NO WARRANTY: HOUZEO PROVIDES THE SERVICES "AS IS," "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE," AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HOUZEO, ITS SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS, AND STAKEHOLDERS, MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. HOUZEO, ITS SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS, AND STAKEHOLDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
14. Release: You release Houzeo, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from all liability related to any and all claims and demands you may assert against any third party arising out of the Services. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states, "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
— Updated March 2021