» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
The land of the sky, Asheville, is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. According to US News, it is one of the best places to live in North Carolina and one of the best places to retire in the country!
Since last year, the median sales price of homes in Asheville has increased by 19.7%. Discount realtors in Ashville, NC, can help you save thousands!
Here are the top discount real estate brokers in Asheville, NC!
Rankings: Discount Real Estate Brokers in Asheville, NC
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||Max Savings||100% Online||Mobile App|
|2.||Flat Fee Realty||$3000 |
|3.||Summit Realty of WNC||1% |
Reviews: Discount Real Estate Brokers & Companies in Asheville, NC
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Flat Fee Realty
🪙 FLAT RATE
Flat Fee Realty
Why Flat Fee Realty is #2: Flat Fee Realty is a low commission real estate brokerage. Apart from selling and buying services, they also help build houses and relocate.
Flat Fee Realty for Home Sellers:
- Minimum Commission: Flat Fee Realty offers most services offered by a traditional real estate agent at a discounted commission of 1% of the sales price or a minimum commission of $3,000.
- No Upfront Fee: The firm does not charge any upfront fee for its services.
- No Open House: Unlike most discount real estate brokerages, they do not organize open houses.
Flat Fee Realty for Home Buyers:
- Buyer Agent Services: Flat Fee Realty offers traditional buyer agent services that are free. They do not provide benefits like buyer rebates. Offering incentives, like buyer rebates, is legal in North Carolina.
👉 Our Take: Flat Fee Realty can be a good option for sellers whose homes are priced above $300,000. However, they do not offer any significant benefits for buyers.
» How to Sell a House by Owner in North Carolina: Here’s How To Do It
- MLS listing
- Exposure to Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, and other real estate websites
- Scheduling showings
- Feedback monitoring
- Contract negotiation
- Closing assistance
- Verifying mortgage approval
No credible reviews were found.
Flat Fee Realty offers its services all over North Carolina.
3. Summit Realty Of WNC
💸 GREAT SAVINGS
Summit Realty of WNC
Why Summit Realty of WNC is #3: Summit Realty of WNC is a discount realty. They offer two plans based on the assistance required by the seller to get buyers. They also provide buyer agent services.
Summit Realty of WNC for Home Sellers:
- Low Commission: The discount real estate brokerage offers a full service package for a commission of 1% of the sales price.
- Exclusive Agency Listing: They also offer a listing package for an upfront fee of $995, with 0.75% of the sales price due at closing for sellers who bring the buyer or if the buyer does not have an agent.
- Free Tools: The flat rate realtor offers a mortgage calculator and a free home evaluation on their website.
Summit Realty fo WNC for Home Buyers:
- Buyer Agent Services: Summit Realty of WNC offers traditional buyer agent services. They do not provide benefits like buyer rebates. Offering incentives, like buyer rebates, is legal in North Carolina.
👉 Our Take: Summit Realty of WNC can be a great option for sellers. However, they do not offer any significant benefits for buyers.
» NC Seller Disclosure: All You NEED To Know!
- Listing on local MLS
- Comparative Market Analysis
- Staging assistance
- Showing Service
- Exposure to Realtor.com, and other websites
- Open House
- Professional yard sign
- Gallery of 24 photographs
- Contract negotiation
No credible reviews were found.
Summit Realty of WNC offers its services in Western North Carolina.
Redefy offers its services for a flat rate or commission based on your home sale price.
- Full Service: Redefy charges a flat rate of $3,500. When a house is sold for more than $1 million, the platform gets more expensive. In this case, the listing fee is 1% of the total sale price.
Coverage: Redefy covers Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
👉 Our Take: Redefy works on the multiple agent model. They have a field agent who meets clients and an in-house agent for customer service. Since there is no single point of contact, the quality of service is severely affected.
Redefy is a full service real estate brokerage that aims to make the real estate process cost-effective and transparent for home sellers and buyers.
- Decent Listing Fee for Low-Value Homes: If your home value is below one million the flat rate option is a good bargain.
- In-House Support: You are provided in-house support with accurate pricing and other features like home staging.
- Mortgage Calculator: Redefy’s Mortgage Calculator allows you to estimate your overall mortgage, inclusive of insurance and taxes.
In our research, we found some drawbacks of Redefy.
- No Refund Deposit: You have to pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.
- Inconsistent Agent Quality: Redefy has limited agents who cater to a large volume of customers which poses a risk to service quality.
Redefy has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 37 reviews on Yelp.
» Redefy Reviews: Check out the customer reviews for Redefy on Yelp.
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: It is not legal to offer buyer rebates in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Tennessee.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, List With Clever promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» Clever Real Estate: Read our full review of Clever Real Estate
What Is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed real estate agents who offer buyers and sellers their services at a flat rate or lower commission than traditional real estate brokers. Some flat rate or low commission realtors offer full-service whereas, whereas others offer limited services that may just include a MLS listing in Asheville, NC. Before choosing a low-cost broker, you must ensure that they include all the features required to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount real estate brokers in Asheville, NC, and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Real Estate Brokers in Asheville, NC
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||Flat Rate Realty|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Summit Realty of WNC|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
» Seller Closing Costs in North Carolina: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker Over a Traditional Agent?
The simple answer is that whether you are buying or selling, working with a discount or low commission realtor will help you lower the closing cost. Let’s look at an example.
Say, a property costs $500,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. This means that as a seller, you can incur closing costs anywhere between $25,000 – $30,000, which is a considerable sum. To minimize this expense, you can try selling a house as is in North Carolina.
|Traditional Agent |
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Asheville, NC, that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs in North Carolina: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Houzeo Helps You Save Thousands
|Package||Price||What You Get|
|SILVER||$349||6-month listing, 24 photographs, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|GOLD||$399||6-month listing, Maximum number of photos, syndication to popular real estate websites, and a few more additional services.|
|PLATINUM||$449||Plus 0.75% due at Closing. Virtual Full-Service that includes everything you require to sell the property, unlimited term and changes included!|
Here’s how much you can save with Houzeo.com!
Discount Real Estate Companies ln Asheville, NC, That Offer Flat Fee MLS
Before opting for discount real estate brokerages, you should find out if they offer services in your desired area. All discount realtors in Asheville, NC, do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states or cities.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
Asheville offers all the comforts of city life while being nestled in the arms of nature. The city’s thriving art scene, breathtaking scenes, and rich history add to its charm. In June’22, 39.8% of homes in Asheville were sold above the listing price. If you are looking to sell a house, a low cost realtor or a flat rate discount broker can help you get the best price for your home while also saving on commission.
On the other hand, if you are looking to buy a house, a discount real estate broker in Asheville, NC, can help you take a step closer to your dream house without burning a hole in your pocket. Moreover, if a seller has to pay a lower commission, they are more likely to sell their property at a lower price.
Houzeo is one of the top real estate companies that offer 100% virtual service. It helps home sellers list their property without any hassle from the comfort of their homes, while also allowing home buyers to explore properties and make offers online. Additionally, Houzeo’s customer-centric approach, advanced technology, and flat fee packages make it an ideal choice for those looking to buy or sell their property in Asheville, NC, without paying high commissions.
Find Out How Houzeo Can Make A Difference
Frequently Asked Questions About Discount Real Estate Brokers in Asheville, NC
What is realtor commission in NC?
The average realtor commission in North Carolina is 5.5%. On the other hand, discount real estate brokers charge 3.5-4%.
Who are the best discount real estate brokers in Asheville, NC?
Houzeo.com, Flat Fee Realty, and Summit Realty of WNC are the top discount real estate brokers in Asheville, NC.
Are flat fee realtors good?
Yes, in most instances. Flat fee realtors are a type of discount real estate brokers. They offer most or all services offered by a traditional real estate agent for a fixed rate. Thus, saving you money. However, you must carefully read about all services offered by a flat fee realtor and choose them according to your requirements.
Related: real estate agent asheville, asheville realtors, realtors asheville nc, broker asheville, asheville real estate agents, realtor asheville nc, discount reale estate agents asheville, flat fee realtor, flat fee real estate, low rate realtor, flat rate real estate agent, companies that buy houses for cash in Asheville, seller closing costs North Carolina, how to sell a house fast asheville nc, discount real estate brokers near me, what is homelightUncategorized