» Jump To: Rankings | Reviews | What is a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker? | Discount Real Estate Brokers to Avoid | Conclusion | Frequently Asked Questions
Compared to last year, the number of houses sold in Cincinnati dropped by 13.2% in July 2022. In this somewhat competitive market, the best discount real estate brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio can help you save thousands of dollars in commissions and make your sale hassle-free. Here are the top ones:
Rankings: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio
|Rank||Discount Real Estate Broker / Company||Listing Fee||Additional Charges||100% Online||5-Star Reviews*||Mobile App|
|2.||Homes That Click Realtors||1%
$3000 Flat Fee
Reviews: Best Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio
🔥 BEST OVERALL
Why Houzeo is #1: Houzeo.com, a tech company, provides an unbeatable combination of maximum savings, cutting-edge technology, and 5-star customer support. It offers exposure to MLS, Zillow, Realtor.com, Redfin, Trulia, and hundreds of other websites.
Houzeo for Home Sellers
- Flat Fee Packages: Houzeo offers various plans with a typical small flat fee. This will save you thousands on the seller agent commission and even more if your buyer is unrepresented.
- Cutting Edge Technology: Houzeo’s Intellilist Management System is designed to simplify the complex process of listing management. Some other tools Houzeo.com offers are the Seller’s Closing Cost Calculator, Houzeo Showings, and Houzeo DigiTransact.
- Fast Listing & Changes: Houzeo is 100% online. This makes listing a home easy and quick. Moreover, contracts are auto-generated, and turn-around-time is less, especially with their 5-star customer support.
Houzeo for Home Buyers
- Directly Connect with the Seller: Buyers can explore For Sale By Owner properties on Houzeo and directly make an offer, avoiding the hassle of involving realtors.
- Substantial Savings: Since no broker commission is involved, the closing cost for buyers is reduced. This can help them save more money.
- Tools: Houzeo’s closing Cost Calculator is also available to buyers. Additionally, buyers can schedule visits to the open house through the Houzeo mobile app.
👉 Our Take: Houzeo.com is our top pick because it delivers an unbeatable combination of savings, tech features, and service of any flat fee MLS listing service website we’ve reviewed.
» Houzeo Reviews: Testimonials and Overall Satisfaction Rating!
- Near Nationwide Coverage: Houzeo covers 47 states + DC.
- No Listing Agent Commission: With Houzeo, you only pay a small flat fee to get access to the MLS and all the Houzeo tech
- 100% online: Easy listing, fast changes, online showings, and online offers
- Max Exposure: Listings get syndicated to Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, Redfin, and 100s of other real estate sites
- Fast Listing: Rush listing option gets you listed within a business day with Houzeo Concierge. This is best to sell your house fast.
- Real Estate On the Go: Houzeo Mobile App mimics most functionality of the Houzeo web platform, including Offers and Showings
- 5-Star Customer Service: Superb support that minimizes Houzeo complaints
- No Hidden Fees: There are no Houzeo hidden fees
» Is Houzeo Legit: Learn more about Houzeo.com’s locations and services
Houzeo.com has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Google & Trustpilot.
Houzeo.com is available nationwide.
2. Homes That Click Realtors
Homes That Click Realtors
Why Homes That Click Realtors is #2: Homes That Click Realtors is a low commission discount real estate brokerage. They also offer buyer agent services.
Home That Click Realtors for Home Sellers
- Minimum Fee: The discount realtor charges a commission of 1% or a minimum fee of $3000, whichever is higher.
- Full Service: Services offered by Homes That Click Realtors include in-home consultation, professional photography, and contract assistance, to name a few.
- Bidder’s Advantage: This feature offered by the discount brokerage allows a buyer to see the competitive offers in real time, boosting the buyer’s offer price. This helps sellers get the best price for their homes. Sellers can set a minimum bid price, and buyers can submit an offer lower than the listed price.
Home That Click Realtor for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: The low commission realtor offers a 30% commission rebate to buyers who purchase new construction homes.
👉 Our Take: Home That Clicks Realtors can be a great option for sellers. However, they do not offer any significant benefits for buyers who want to purchase pre-owned homes.
» Best Flat Fee MLS Cleveland, Ohio, Listing Services: Save More by Opting for Flat Fee MLS Options!
- MLS listing
- Exposure to Zillow Trulia, Realtor.com, and other 500+ websites
- In-home consultation
- Professional photographs
- Yard sign
- Contract negotiations
- Property inspection
- Assistance woth closing and appraisals
Homes That Click Realtors have an average rating of 4.9/5.0 on Google.
Homes That Click offer their services in Columbus and other parts of Ohio.
BEST TECH-ENABLED BROKERAGE
Redfin is America’s #1 discount real estate brokerage. This low-commission broker specializes in home buying. Redfin.com’s technology is what sets it apart from all other platforms.
- Redfin Full-Service Agent – 1.5% Commission: This is a full-service package. This includes pricing assistance, listing paperwork, negotiation support, etc.
- Redfin Concierge – 2.5% Commission: The “Concierge” plan includes everything from the Full-Service package. Additionally, it includes services like professional cleaning, home staging, and everything.
- Redfin Premier Agent – 1.5% Commission: This package is exclusively for luxury properties and includes everything that comes with the Full-Service package.
👉 Our Take: Redfin.com is a good option if you are looking for a nationwide discount real estate broker. We recommend its concierge plan because it includes everything.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
Here are some advantages of choosing Redfin:
- Advanced Technology: Redfin is primarily known for its advanced tech platform and mobile app.
- Full-Service Agents at Low Commission – 1.5%: Redfin’s full-service package is priced at 1.5%. It saves you thousands compared to the traditional 3% listing commission.
- Buyer Rebate – 0.5%: Clients who sell and buy with Redfin within one year get a rebate of 0.5% in the second transaction. However, this offer is available with the Full Service Plan.
- Detailed Paperwork: Redfin provides the necessary paperwork and an elaborate listing agreement with a marketing plan.
- Nationwide Coverage: Redfin covers 80+ markets in the US.
In our research, we found some red flags of Redfin, that could make your experience less satisfactory.
- Lack of Personalized Services: Customers have often complained that Redfin agents are not able to give personalized service, as they serve a high volume of clients.
- Poor Customer Reviews: Customers have complained that agents are often unreachable and unprofessional.
- Slow Listing Process: According to Redfin’s listing agreement, a Redfin property takes 18 days to list on MLS. Services like Houzeo will list you on the MLS within 24 to 48 hours.
- Limited Agent Selection: As per customer reviews, Redfin lacks an array of agents. This means you get an agent assigned automatically without having any choice in the matter.
- Agents are Less Incentivized: Unlike traditional agents who work for commission, Redfin agents get a fixed salary. This can demotivate them from offering you services apart from Redfin’s defined services.
Redfin has an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 on Consumer Affairs.
» Redfin Reviews: The Reality of 1% Fees, Pros, Cons, & Alternatives!
💵 TRADITIONAL COMMISSION FEES
UpNest is a discount realtor marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to compare and connect with the best local real estate agents in an area.
UpNest for Home Sellers
- No Obligation Service: Within 24 hours of signing up, UpNest offers a list of multiple agents to choose from. Moreover, the agent proposals provide a lot of information to choose a discount real estate broker. Nonetheless, there is no obligation to choose a broker from the list.
- High-quality Agents: UpNest has a very selective recruiting policy for partner agents, which is followed rigorously. Partner agents must meet UpNest’s performance criteria to get recruited.
- Marginal Savings: As per UpNest’s model, agents compete for listings, incentivizing them to offer low commissions. However, since there are no pre-approved commission rates, in the end, the negotiation is up to the seller. Consequently, the seller may end up paying more commission as compared to other low cost real estate agents.
- False Claims: UpNest claims to have facilitated billions of dollars in home sales and saved consumers millions of dollars in commissions, but that is inaccurate.
UpNest for Home Buyers
- Buyer Rebate: While offering a buyer rebate completely depends on the buyer agent, UpNest promises a rebate of $150.
👉 Our Take: UpNest only connects buyers and sellers to local agents who can quote their commissions. This does not guarantee savings. On the other hand, Houzeo.com offers custom-made packages with no hidden costs, increasing savings!
» UpNest Reviews: Everything You Need To Know
- No obligation service
- High-quality agent network
- User-friendly customer dashboard
- No savings on agent commission
- Average listing speed
- No guarantee of agent quality
- Poor customer service
UpNest has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.0 on Google.
UpNest has nationwide coverage.
💡 Make A Note: Sellers only get discount on the seller’s agent commission. They still have to pay 2.5%-3% commission to the buyer’s agent at the end of the sale process.
Here’s a quick recap of the best discount real estate brokers in America:
America’s Best Discount Real Estate Brokers (2023)
We’ve reviewed the best discount real estate brokers in 2023
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio to Avoid
Some agent-matching websites advertise themselves as “free,” but in reality, they keep a portion of the commission received by the discount real estate brokers. Since you pay the commission, this amount technically goes from your pocket.
For example, Clever Real Estate promotes itself as a real estate educational website that matches sellers with discount realtors. Even though Clever claims to be “free,” 25% to 40% of the commission you pay will be directed to Clever as a “Referral Fee.”
» How Does Clever Work: Read to Know how Clever Real Estate Dupes People
What is a Discount Real Estate Broker?
Discount real estate brokers are licensed individuals who help clients to buy and sell their property at a flat rate or low commission. Some low-cost brokers offer full-service whereas, others offer limited services that may just include Cincinnati MLS listing. Before choosing a low-cost broker, ensure that they include all the features you require to sell your property.
There are 4 distinct types of discount realtors in Cincinnati, Ohio and each has its benefit. Let’s try and understand the different types:
Types of Discount Realtors in Cincinnati, Ohio
|Types||Description||Why It's Unique?||Example|
|Flat Fee MLS||Flat fee MLS lets seller list their property on the local MLS from a list of packages. Each package consists of unique benefits.||💰 Multiple Services||Houzeo|
|Flat Rate||Flat rate brokers charge a flat fee for full service that includes everything from MLS listing to price negotiations, etc.||💲Cost - Effective||2100 Realty Sellers Choice, Inc|
|Low Commission||With low commission, sellers can list and sell their homes with a listing fee as low as 1% commission. This helps sellers save thousands of dollars at end of the sale process.||💵 More Savings||Homes That Click Realtors|
|Virtual Full-Service||Sellers who want to list and sell their property from the comfort of their homes can opt for virtual service. Each step right from listing to negotiation is carried out virtually.||💻 100% Online||Houzeo|
Why Choose a Discount Real Estate Broker/Company over a Traditional Agent?
Let’s assume, a property costs $600,000. Through traditional real estate commissions in the US, the seller is required to pay 5% – 6% in commissions. Through a traditional process, a seller can incur closing costs anywhere between $30000 – $32000 – that’s too expensive. A home seller can avoid these exorbitant commissions through low commission or flat rate brokers.
|Traditional Agent |
» Seller Closing Costs In Ohio: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Similarly, approaching a discount realty in Cincinnati, Ohio that offers a higher buyer rebate can make the house that much more inexpensive to buy. For instance, if the buyer agent offers a rebate of 1% on a property priced at $500,000, it will save you $5000. Please note that some realtors also offer non-cash incentives as buyer rebates.
» Buyer Closing Costs In Ohio: Use this free tool by Houzeo to get an estimate of your closing costs.
Discount Real Estate Companies Who Offer Flat Fee MLS Near Me
Before opting for a discount real estate brokerage, you would want to know its coverage. All the discount brokers do not have the same coverage. Some have nationwide coverage, while some are restricted to a few states.
We’ve compiled a list of the best flat fee MLS Listing Services in each state. Click on your state to check them out!
|Northeast||Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont|
|Midwest||Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin|
|South||Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia|
|West||Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming|
- ✍️ SAVE: With Flat fee MLS, you will save thousands of dollars in listing fees. You also get the option of selecting the service you want and customizing the packages to your seller’s needs.
There are a number of low-cost discount real estate brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio that provide unique features at a great value. A seller should look for pointers like listing fees, listing time, services offered, customer service, coverage, and technology before selecting a Cincinnati discount realtor.
» How To Sell A House In Ohio: Here’s What You NEED to Know
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you negotiate prices with real estate brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio?
There are no laws in the U.S. that set the real estate broker commissions in stone. So, you can of course try negotiating with them!
What is the lowest a realtor will charge as commissions in Cincinnati, Ohio?
Discount Real Estate Brokers in Cincinnati, Ohio can charge as low as 1%. With a flat fee service you can save even more if the valuation of your home is high.
Can a seller refuse to pay buyers agent?
The seller is not obligated to pay buyer agent fees by law. However, doing so acts as an incentive for real estate agents to manage the selling experience.
Related: real estate services, home buyers, discount real estate, full service, sales price, listing brokers, home sellers, licensed real estate broker, fixed fee real estate brokers, flat fee real estate brokers, flat rate real estate brokers, fixed rate real estate brokers, best discount real estate brokers, is homelight legitimateUncategorized